Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Playing Warframe on GeForce Now

Javat.K

Nvidia has released the final version of GeForce Now and is apparently compatible with Warframe.
But I have read a few cases in which some players have been banned temporarily for using GeForce Now. This causes me concern about being banned because I would like to try the game on my smartphone and tablet since it is compatible with Android.

I would like to ask two things (if possible with a response from the devs)
1. Is it safe to use GeForce Now or if there is a case that its use is not allowed?
2. Regarding updates and hotfixes, when they are applied to the game, do they do it at the same time on Nvidia servers or does it take some time to add updates and hotfixes?

Thank you all

Edited by Javat.K
  • Like 3

hace 13 minutos, [DE]Rebecca dijo:

I am unaware of any bans issued for this - do you have links to cases on other forums?
As for updates, it's not its own platform, it just works with the normal PC version of the game - but you are using a new service to play it! 

https://piunikaweb.com/2019/12/10/warframe-geforce-now-issues-acknowledged/

https://www.reddit.com/r/GeForceNOW/comments/bgqpfi/warframe_login_issues/

Maybe they are not bans, just login or connection problems?

Thanks for your answer dear Rebecca

Edited by Javat.K
  • Like 1

I got banned with a few others , Nvidia Support solved the issue. Check geforce forums . 

Edit : it happened 7-8 weeks ago or so , I contacted to the warframe support to solve the issue , they unbanned me and asked me to NOT play with an non authorized version of warframe , download it from steam. Since i have a MAc thats not an option because warframe dosent have client for mac so i explained how geforce now works and that it is running the game WITH steam So it shouldn't cause any problems , Than after 2 weeks or so Nvidia took down the game for a short time and fixed the issue ,  I got a message from the warframe support team after this that the issue is gone and we should be fine with playing on the Geforce after this. 

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/gfn-beta-updates/20/332785/updated-update-on-warframe-and-geforce-now/ This is where the Nvidia staff told us the info @[DE]Rebecca . 

Edited by potiisbest
  • Like 3

hace 10 horas, potiisbest dijo:

I got a message from the warframe support team after this that the issue is gone and we should be fine with playing on the Geforce after this. 

Thanks for sharing your experience. This means that we can use it without risk?

I would like an official confirmation

• Like 1

Sounds like this will be nothing more then a door to open exploit auto bot Android commence , seriously why would you want to play this on a phone ? You  won't be able to see a dam thing, will probably be good for Spam trading chat. I hope DE doesn't allow it .

1 minute ago, Benour said:

So you run warframe on some server and it will stream it to your phone/tablet? What about the delay it must be unplayable with the input lag?

Good for checking trade chat/trading at best imo.

It depends on a lot of factors, I've played Warframe on my phone using Steam over mobile data as an experiment, the input lag was low enough to be tolerable compared to when I beta tested Google's service through AC:O where the input lag there would get extreme. The primary issue there becomes the visual quality.

hace 2 horas, Killa_Byte dijo:

Sounds like this will be nothing more then a door to open exploit auto bot Android commence , seriously why would you want to play this on a phone ? You  won't be able to see a dam thing, will probably be good for Spam trading chat. I hope DE doesn't allow it .

For the same reason as Nintendo Switch players, play from outside the home at any time. I don't have a Nintendo Switch or a laptop, just my PC, my smartphone and a tablet.
And if I want to play while traveling, why not go to be able to do it? And of course I wouldn't use it to do anything illegal

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yamazuki said:

It depends on a lot of factors, I've played Warframe on my phone using Steam over mobile data as an experiment, the input lag was low enough to be tolerable compared to when I beta tested Google's service through AC:O where the input lag there would get extreme. The primary issue there becomes the visual quality.

I see thanks for answer 👍

I just tested it for a couple missions on my phone with an xbox 1 controller connected to my phone I was impressed enough with it to sign up... 90 days free and 4.99 a month for the first year seems like a decent deal to me.  I always have some occasions where I have a bit of time to kill and nothing to do but watch youtube or something on my  phone.  I have even bought a gpd win to in the past to try and play warframe on the go without starting over a 3rd time on switch.  I was even looking forward to the Alienware UFO thing but this could be easier than all of that.

As for bans DErebecca's post here seems to indicate that isn't intended for this and if one accidently happens it seemingly got resolved quickly im guessing as warframe support/flagging system get more information it will be less and less likely to occur.  Something I think could possibly set off some inadvertent flagging is different ip addresses accessing your account far away frome each other and frequently on different machines could make it appear your sharing an account with someone/ gave someone else your login info or perhaps sold your account...

Edited by (PS4)Eluminary

52 minutes ago, George_PPS said:

Has anyone used high end PC with a top Geforce card and then switched to Geforce Now? I am thinking about making the move but not sure what lag will.be like. Anyone could your experience in this or a new post? 

I wouldn't consider doing that unless you have god teir internet connection.  You will need something like that if you want to be getting the same quality as a high end pc set up.  Also while the input lag for me was fairly low I playing any sort of compeditive multiplayer fast twitch game would probly put you a disadvantage. Not really an issue for warframe.  I think this is a great option for making mobile gaming not suck but I wouldn't replace a ps4 much less a high end pc with it.

Also you can try geforce now right now 100% free then if you like that you can get 90 days free premium version to see if you want to make that sort of switch on your own fairly risk free.

• Like 2

I'm new to Geforce Now since Sunday, I was able to play Warframe with it until yesterday (having to input the security check number via mail each day),
but today I just get "Login failed. Check your info."

Seems to me that DE's security checks are just too hypersensitive, almost paranoid, to be "OK" with those kinds of (mobile-ish) ways to play. Sadly.

1 hour ago, Johsnon said:

I'm new to Geforce Now since Sunday, I was able to play Warframe with it until yesterday (having to input the security check number via mail each day),
but today I just get "Login failed. Check your info."

Seems to me that DE's security checks are just too hypersensitive, almost paranoid, to be "OK" with those kinds of (mobile-ish) ways to play. Sadly.

A while ago Warframe introduced two-factor authentication That's why.   It's a bit of a hassle, but it's not that hard to remember a little number... I haven't actually tried to log in for a couple days, but derebeccs posted on this thread seemly pro this idea.  The login servers do occasionally have issues with warframe and cause that issue.  It is normally temporary and can be regional I'm betting its more likely that than de shut it down.

In fact if they were to decide to shut this down  They would do what blizzard/EA has done and just request that they remove their games from the service.  (Nvidia has complied with this for other publishers without question so far) I think it's far less likely that de would do this due their particular Revenue model.  De makes more money when more people have access to the game and decide they like it enough to buy stuff, so anything that can potentially increase the player base is something they will likely be in favor of.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, I am currently using Geforce now to play Warframe and all seems really good so far. The only problem that I do have is that all my setting get reset to default every time I load the game has anyone else had this issue? Also another procedure I have to go through is going to the steam installation page every time I want to play it and this doesn't seem normal to me. thank you for your time in advance. 

• Like 1

On 2020-02-07 at 1:13 PM, Benour said:

So you run warframe on some server and it will stream it to your phone/tablet? What about the delay it must be unplayable with the input lag?

Good for checking trade chat/trading at best imo.

seen a lot of ppl i know trying out that geforce now, weird tho as these are the same people that can just as easily use steam remote play which i use all the time when lazy with no issues.

• 2 years later...

I am having the same issue when I am using GeForce and can’t sign into my warframe account even tho I changed my password and everything. Please DE if you can do something about this I would be really appreciate it. I am originally from console but I worked on my Dell Laptop using GeForce.