Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reworks I Want to See

(PSN)kingblackthorn

I love this game and it has a lot of very cool characters. For the most part I would say DE has done an amazing job on making characters different and diverse. However, I think an issue they have had is that a lot of their older Warframes are just kinda meh compared to the newer frames or at the time things seemed they would be op until we entered the current state of Warframe. I think a lot of frames need changes to them to make them not only more interactive but better. If the ability on the character is not listed that means it remains unchanged. 

Frost

Frost overall is a pretty great frame but he just needs some minor tweaks to his kit. 

Passive: 

I think this passive needs to be buffed. Perhaps make it all damage (ranged and melee) and then buff the chance to 20% while reducing the duration down to 10 seconds. 

Freeze

Freeze will now put cold damage onto Frost's weapons. This will combine with other elements or will increase the damage of elements that have cold in their recipie. An example is if you are using Ignis Wraith with corrosive and heat Freeze will combine with heat to form blast. Or if you have viral increase that damage. 

Sub Zero

Sub Zero will cause Frost to release his full power. This will create an area around him (the area does not follow him) that will slow enemies by 20% and any allies in the area will gain cold damage on their weapons and take 40% reduced damage (cannot be increased).  

Snow Globe:

This will remain unchanged however Snow Globes Augment is now naturally on the ability. 

Avalanche

Avalanche will no longer have to have 250% power to strip armor. It will only have to be 150%. Furthermore after it has ended the armor will stay off of enemies. 

Garuda

I love this character very much. She is one of my faves but she does not feel like the blood queen she is supposed to feel like. Her kit is solid so this will mostly change her animations. 

General:

Garuda will have no shield on her now and her base health will be 1000 at max rank and her armor will be 200 at max rank

Passive

Her passive is gone. This passive is very bad since it requires you to be at 2 health to get the most out of it. In a game with high scaling enemies and where health is everything it just does not fit. Garuda will now have a base of 5% life steal on her attacks (gun and abilities). If Garuda is at max health she will gain bonus health. If Garuda life steals too much health from enemies she will begin to rapidly drain her health. There will be a bar on the side showing that she has taken too much so you can keep track of this. This will make her feel like a blood/vampire queen she is supposed to be by literally stealing the life of enemies. 

Dread Mirror

Dread Mirror will now grant Garuda 2% damage bonus (guns only) based on how much her blood ball has. This damage bonus will stop at 600% bonus damage. On top of that if Garuda takes lethal damage while her ball has 50k points in it the blood ball will be consumed to stop Garuda from dying. It will basically be like Nidus stacks. Rather than dying she will avoid death. Furthermore when Garuda uses her ball to combo with Seeking Talons the radius is much bigger for how many enemies it hits. 

Garuda's Talons

Garuda's Talons will replace Blood Altar. I think it was cool that they tried to switch it up on Garuda and make it so that you can get a free melee with a character but the talons are not worth losing a melee weapon over. But also I think we all want to use those beautiful babies. Garudas talons will now activate when she uses this ability. The base crit is increased to 25% and the base multiplier is 2.5. These weapons will have a special trait. Whenever Garuda kills an enemy with these talons they will restore 100 (at max rank) to her allies in the area around her (she cannot be healed by this since she has base life steal). This will still allow Garuda to have great healing for her allies to sustain and support them. 

Bloodletting

This remains unchanged. However she will only drain 20% of her hp per use but she will gain only 35% energy back per use. 

Overall I feel these changes will make her better while not making her op but also make her feel like the gore vampire queen she is meant to be. 

Nyx

Nyx is a really weird character because she has good abilities but they just do not perform well. But I think I have some solutions. 

Passive

Enemies who attack Nyx will have a 20% chance to turn on their allies and join the tenno cause. If they are turned they will be turned for 30 seconds. After the duration ends they will instantly die. She can have a max of 5 on the battlefield and they will naturally follow her. 

I did this change because I wanted Nyx to feel like the chaos queen she is supposed to be and what better way than to make her enemies fight for her at random moments. 

Mind Control:

This will remain the same but the target will now constantly release a healing pulse around it every 4 seconds healing Nyx and her allies for 100 health every pulse. 

Psychic Bolts

Psychic Bolts will now shoot 4 bolts out at enemies. If Nyx kills an enemy that has them on the enemy will explode in a psychic blast causing the psychic bolts to fly to all enemies around it. 

Absorb

Absorb will remain unchanged however Assimilate will be changed. While it will still be the same Nyx will now only be able to move 75% the speed rather than 50% and she can double jump and roll like Ivara in her stealth. 

I did this because I feel Assimilate while great, is so slow and turns this game that is a fast paced shooter, into a very slow shooter. This will still punish her for using it but just not make it a chore to use it. 

Valkyr:

My darling Valkyr. She is honestly one of my fave characters in the game. But my darling is a bit of a mess. 

Passive: 

Valkyr's passive is not really that bad but it should be she should just have a built in handspring. So it will now be 160% recovery however she cannot use handspring on her character. 

Rip Line

This will remain unchanged however it will now be free of cost, but do no damage. It will also pull her further, faster and more consistent. 

Paralysis:

This ability is cool but it is a mess. Now after activating it she will gain 100% bonus melee damage (cannot be increased). 

Hysteria:

Hysteria is great but also you can forge a good status based melee with healing return and be just as good. Hysteria when activated will add 10 seconds to Warcry's duration and if Warcry is not activated it will activate Warcry for half the cost. Valkyrs Talons also have a base of 20% status chance as well. 

Zephyr

Oh Zephyr. How you have struggled girl. I enjoy Zephyr. She is a fun character but she really cannot keep up with other characters. 

Tail Wind

Zephyr's tail wind will now be like Gauss's 1. However when she is on POE and OV the speed at which she flies will be increased to 110m/s. Inside however the speed will always be locked at 40 m/s. Since it will be like Gauss's 1 she will no longer have to spam it and she will no gain so much control over it. 

Air Burst

This will remain the same but it will be an AOE around her. Rather than pushing enemies away it will simply knock them down. 

Tornado

Tornado's will now have 6 tornadoes (this will not add more to Funnel Clouds) and they will no longer throw enemies. When an enemy is picked up Tornadoes will hold onto the enemy. They will still go up and down and spin around but they won't drop the enemy/toss them. Furthermore Tornadoes will have better targeting. Rather than just activating it and having them spawn randomly when aiming the targeting is better. I have had so many times where I put them in a place and then there is tornado on the other side of the map. Even further enemies that are killed while being held by a tornado have a 100% chance to drop extra loot. 

That is all for my changes to characters. I hope you guys enjoy and I look forward to the feedback. 

Edited by (PS4)kingblackthorn
  • Like 1

Lol my dudes, perma 2 health Quick Thinking Garuda is THE way to go. that 100% damage is not like the 165% a mod like Serration gives. It is after EVERYTHING else, meaning it literally doubles the damage of your weapons and abilities, including the slash procs you cause.

I'm a Garuda main, and I get it. She doesn't play like other frames, and is hard to master. But her passive is one of the most powerful in the game, as far as passives go.

She has no issues in either damage or survivability for any content up to lvl 150 enemies. It just takes a little learning curve to know how.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BillyMancer said:

Lol my dudes, perma 2 health Quick Thinking Garuda is THE way to go. that 100% damage is not like the 165% a mod like Serration gives. It is after EVERYTHING else, meaning it literally doubles the damage of your weapons and abilities, including the slash procs you cause.

I'm a Garuda main, and I get it. She doesn't play like other frames, and is hard to master. But her passive is one of the most powerful in the game, as far as passives go.

She has no issues in either damage or survivability for any content up to lvl 150 enemies. It just takes a little learning curve to know how.

Whats your build? I’d like to try and see if I agree or not. I do an average build with her and I have to disagree

On 2020-02-07 at 8:06 AM, BillyMancer said:

Exactly this, just slap QT/pflow/Hunter Adrenaline on and go ham on enemies, also you dont NEED to sit on 2hp all the time but you CAN until as you said around lvl150 when you have to actually pay attention whats happening on your monitor. She can do some crazy bleeds with her passive + her 4 and melee weapon.

• Like 1

On 2020-02-07 at 8:15 AM, Benour said:

Exactly this, just slap QT/pflow/Hunter Adrenaline on and go ham on enemies, also you dont NEED to sit on 2hp all the time but you CAN until as you said around lvl150 when you have to actually pay attention whats happening on your monitor. She can do some crazy bleeds with her passive + her 4 and melee weapon.

You are not meant to build around a passive. That’s why it’s a passive. It’s meant to be there to aid but not be built around or it would be an ability. 

On 2020-02-07 at 9:00 AM, (PS4)kingblackthorn said:

You are not meant to build around a passive. That’s why it’s a passive. It’s meant to be there to aid but not be built around or it would be an ability. 

You can ignore her passive and do just fine, but i like it alot, its pretty original passive. If you want to exploit it fully just slap Quick Thinking/Pflow/Hunter Adrenaline (i know its 3 mod slots, but its worth it trust me) and you can run around while doing double damage with any weapon. Pair that with her 4 + melee or even sniper rifle and you can do some monstrous bleeds.

I run QT/Pflow/Hun Adrenaline/ 3x umbral/ Natural talent/ Adaptation, (arcane guardian 2x) and this build will carry you trough long arbitration run without dying. Shes really really good i play her with melee and just jump around with her 1 + 2 doing healing altars for teammates or operator in defense arbies and shes so much fun. Also her shields is useful but dont rely on it TO MUCH its awesome for blocking Ancient hooks, her 1 i barely use but can do crazy bleeds if you pair it with her 4 and got some decent amount of dmg stored.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)kingblackthorn said:

Whats your build? I’d like to try and see if I agree or not. I do an average build with her and I have to disagree

This is my build, with some explanation:

Mods - Enemy Radar, Quick Thinking, Primed Flow, Adaptation, Natural Talent, Primed Continuity, Transient Fortitude, Fleeting Expertise, Stretch, Cunning Drift

Arcanes - 2x Arcane Guardian OR 1x Arcane Guardian + 1x Arcane Aegis

Enemy Radar Aura - Her blood orb and her seeking talons both hit through walls and can hit enemies from extremely far away, so with this you can easily kill multiple enemies from far away without even seeing them, just using the minimap. However, this is just a bonus and my preference, any aura will do.

Quick Thinking - Mandatory for staying at 2 hp always and with Primed flow putting you at 600 energy, this mod makes you have 1440 effective HP just from your energy, not counting any other damage mitigation.

Primed Flow - As said above, gets you at 600 energy which becomes 1440 health.

Adaptation - I really don't think this is common knowledge, but not only does armor work on Quick Thinking, but so does adaptation. This makes you WAY more tanky and the drastically reduces damage you take makes it so that only really hard hitting enemies ever cause you to stagger. I use a rank 8 Adaptation as a max rank is much more drain for little extra benefit. Use steel fibre/rolling guard if you prefer more predictable mitigation.

Natural Talent - This just makes Garuda way smoother to play, as it effects literally all her abilities, which are pretty clunky and slow by default.

Primed Continuity - This is just to offset the duration reductions you get from Transient Fortitude and Fleeting Expertise. You don't need a lot of Duration for this build, but ideally stay above 50%

Transient Fortitude - You need to get to 134 Power strength minimum in order to give seeking talons a 100% status chance. With Intensify, you are at 97% chance, which is totally workable, but I personally don't like that 3% of the time my hits don't proc slash, and as I said, duration is not important. Umbral Intensify also works perfectly, if you can fit it.

Fleeting Expertise - Because my Energy pool is also my health pool, I want to be able to spam abilities freely at low cost. Not only does 160% efficiency get me there, but it also makes bloodletting cost 150 hp to give over 400 energy. Energy which is now your health, so it makes you virtually unkillable if you have a blood altar and get 400 energy every time you cast bloodletting.

Stretch - This is mostly a flexible mod slot, but I like giving my blood orb from dread mirror some more range. Makes clearing entire rooms all the easier.

Cunning Drift - Same story as above. Use whatever you want here, but the difference between a 16 meter blood orb explosion and a 10 meter default explosion range is very noticeable. Pain threshold if you still get bugged by the occasional stagger.

Arcane Guardian - Extra armor for more tankyness. Like I said, this works with Quick Thinking to provide additional mitigation to your now health bar energy pool.

Arcane Aegis - Adaptation also works on shields, so when this thing activates it actually works pretty well to stop enemies from every getting through your 300 shields to damage your energy pool. However, this one is more for enemies level 100 and below. Above that I prefer 2x Arcane Guardians.

Gameplay:

Always: Bloodlet until you are at 2 hp and stay that way

1. Enter Room

2. Seeking Talons Everything

3. Dread Ward leap to an enemy

4. Launch Dread Orb in the middle of all enemies

5. See if you can dread ward one of those enemies before it dies from all that bleeding. It will.

6. You now have a new Dread ball. You are ready to return to Step 1 for the next room.

7. Profit

Very occasionally:

8. Tough enemies start smashing you

9. Blood alter one of them

10. Stand in Blood alter aoe and spam Bloodletting as much as needed. Thanks to Fleeting expertise and you actually wanting to be at 2 hp, this makes you just not die at all.

11. Continue to Step 2.

Note that this is not a build I copied, but what I ended up preferring after countless hours of testing just about every setup thinkable. I'm not claiming this is her best build, but it is her best build for me. Follow these steps, keep ons trying to perfect your play, and you will learn the true power of best girl Garuda. She's a beast, and although not the strongest frame in the game (although very strong) she is in my personal opinion the most fun. Everything you do with her is engaging and an active play style.

Hope that helps.

36 minutes ago, Benour said:

You can ignore her passive and do just fine, but i like it alot, its pretty original passive. If you want to exploit it fully just slap Quick Thinking/Pflow/Hunter Adrenaline (i know its 3 mod slots, but its worth it trust me) and you can run around while doing double damage with any weapon. Pair that with her 4 + melee or even sniper rifle and you can do some monstrous bleeds.

I run QT/Pflow/Hun Adrenaline/ 3x umbral/ Natural talent/ Adaptation, rest i dont remember (arcane guardian 2x) and this build will carry you trough long arbitration run without dying. Shes really really good i play her with melee and just jump around with her 1 + 2 doing healing altars for teammates or operator in defense arbies and shes so much fun. Also her shields is useful but dont rely on it TO MUCH its awesome for blocking Ancient hooks, her 1 i barely use but can do crazy bleeds if you pair it with her 4 and got some decent amount of dmg stored.

I use this build already except I wasn’t using hunter adrenaline. I just put it on it doesn’t feel much different. It’s not even the that it’s bad it’s more it doesn’t fit the gore/vampiric queen she’s supposed to be 

4 minutes ago, unknow99 said:

Rework I'd like to see :

Stealth.

Agreed. Even through I'm crap at stealth, I enjoy it, the ability to sneak up enemies and take them out while being undetected or an enemy spotting you but you take them out quickly maintaining stealth, that's why I like Ash so much. I don`t know why but stealth is just not the same anymore.

8 hours ago, (PS4)kingblackthorn said:

-snip-

I don`t know how you feel about Ash but imo he needs a revisit. I have put up a post about some changes that will improve his abilities, tell me what you think.

à l’instant, (PS4)Vexx757 a dit :

Agreed. Even through I'm crap at stealth, I enjoy it, the ability to sneak up enemies and take them out while being undetected or an enemy spotting you but you take them out quickly maintaining stealth, that's why I like Ash so much. I don`t know why but stealth is just not the same anymore.

It's ok, we all start like that! (the problem is : I can't really help you if the system we're talking about is....Broken)

They changed :

• enemy vision (back then you could crouch & approach them from behind easier! Yeah people aren't that blind in real life BUT we're playing a game)
  • stealth kills XP multipliers (You can't range stealth kill & get a multiplier with your primary & secondary anymore. Melee is fine. What the Ruk?)
  • they notice dead bodies (makes sense. I'd keep this change BUT allow a semi-stealth kill affinity. They're semi-alerted, they know something is suspicious but you can't tell they died alerted from a bullet in the back of the head!)
  • They notice projectiles (makes sense too, but this impacted bow stealth A LOT : slow projectiles can easily blow your cover)

With these in mind, even doing the mastery rank tests that require stealth is extremely clunky.

8 hours ago, (PS4)kingblackthorn said:

Psychic Bolts

Psychic Bolts will now shoot 4 bolts out at enemies. If Nyx kills an enemy that has them on the enemy will explode in a psychic blast causing the psychic bolts to fly to all enemies around it. 

I had an idea for psychic bolts a while back where all enemies affected by her 3 are affected by her 2 with just 1 enemy needing to be hit by it.

12 hours ago, (PS4)kingblackthorn said:

Garuda

I think you change her to a tank, and I don't feel that's what she's supposed to be - she's supposed to be a glass cannon, high risk, high reward. Her problem is clunkyness and bugginess.

Her shield should be affected by range mods, and consistently block all frontal damage - more like Baruuk.

Her blood ball needs UI and a quicker cast, her bleed needs quicker cast.

Most importantly her abilities need to affect all enemies - too many just ignore her and make her irrelevant. Demolishers and the like should have shorter durations (like with Khora's abilities) not immunity.

12 hours ago, (PS4)kingblackthorn said:

Valkyr

Valkyr has just been outstripped by newer frames, her 1 and 3 are useless and her claws have an old-style stance and no combo, so are weak compared to the current heavy/combo meta.

My suggestion:

I'd like to get some small tweaks for several frames.

Mag comes to mind right away. I like the way she plays, use all of her abilities, but there are things I'm not a huge fan of. For example - Crush is only good for Overshields and some cc(made useless by Polarize augment).

The most important change I'd like to see is a buff to her Pull. Energy drops from it are tied to ability kills. And it doesn't really kill anything beyond level 20(unless you consider yeeting units off the map a good strategy). I do realize that its more of a CC ability than anything, so buffing it on its own is not required; so instead, why not make it work with Magnetize?

• Enemies pulled into magnetized AoE should stay in it - not get ragdolled past it.
  • Enemies that were "Pulled" in and into the bubble should have a chance to drop an energy drop on death. No matter what kills them. Drop chance should NOT scale with power strength(because of how easy it would be to get loads of enemies into magnetize with pull if these 2 actually worked together).

It would drastically improve energy situation for Mag and motivate players to use Pull for something other than CC alone.

It would also be great if her passive was replaced with something better too. Sadly, I can't come up with anything that is not related to shield-gating because I'm biased like that lmao

Mirage needs a toggle for her 3. And faster cast animation for her 4(the blind from it was butchered anyway).

2 hours ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

I think you change her to a tank, and I don't feel that's what she's supposed to be - she's supposed to be a glass cannon, high risk, high reward. Her problem is clunkyness and bugginess.

I feel like Natural Talent pretty much fixes all of Garuda's clunkiness. I have no idea what bugs you're referring to though. Are you talking about things like how she won't lunge to a target without an unobstructed path and place to land?

2 hours ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

Most importantly her abilities need to affect all enemies - too many just ignore her and make her irrelevant. Demolishers and the like should have shorter durations (like with Khora's abilities) not immunity.

Yeah, this trend is starting to get out of hand. There are more and more enemies coming out with status immunity or full immunity to arbitrary frame abilities. Heck, some enemies aren't fully status immune but simply don't allow for armor stripping, which is almost more insulting. I really hope DE stops doing this.

Edited by Gailus

41 minutes ago, Gailus said:

I feel like Natural Talent pretty much fixes all of Garuda's clunkiness

Not really, Natural Talent helps, but Garuda is so fragile and on the edge so much of the time that long cast animations just break her up too much.

42 minutes ago, Gailus said:

I have no idea what bugs you're referring to though

Your shield isn't good: enemies can shoot your feet, which is often fatal if you're very low on health. AoE ignores the shield, so Bombards and Napalms do full damage. Nox shots seem to often go straight through too. Any melee weapon consistently does a better job. Blood balls go through walls, but sometimes also through floors to explode harmlessly on the level below. Using blood altar on lich larvae makes them unkillable. 

Those are just the ones I've seen recently.

At least she can now get airborn control back after using her 4 instead of dropping into a stun.

For me, Equinox comes to mind. I've made various threads and posts proposing for her to have a rework. While most players on the forums settle for asking for a couple of quality of life tweaks to her kit, so she simply doesn't interrupt her own abilities through her Metamorphosis. I believe a lot more could be done to change Equinox's abilities to have her gameplay better reflect her theme, of two aspects sharing a single body, as well as making it more involved and fun for the player.

@Teridax68 from one of my past threads on Equinox, thought of an excellent concept for a rework.

And from then on we shared ideas back and forth, through the rest of the thread. I suggested an addition to the Shield ability in his Equinox rework concept to store the incoming damage of enemies as additive Ability Strength for the next ability cast. Which would allow for more setups with synergies.

What I love about his Equinox rework concept, is that you can use both of her forms equally, and you can make use of all of her abilities. Unlike right now, where the player is forced to, by the design of her current kit, to focus on only one form and 1-2 abilities within that form, at most. By having her forms and their abilities redesigned to act as a team of cooperative frames, it is not only fitting to her theme, but also allows for more player engagement through the management of her forms and abilities.

Edited by A-keras
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

AoE ignores the shield, so Napalms do full damage. Nox shots seem to often go straight through too.

These can ignore Dread Mirror, Bombard's Rockets are blocked by her Shield. Xzorn and Annoth knows about this Issue and including me which is why i would only bring her to a Grineer Mission that's like Lich Level 5 and not a Survival run Since she do better against Corpus and Corrupted.

Edit: Also Sentients. Hyeka Masters, Scorch, Suppressor,  and most Bosses (not all) can ignore her Shield

Edited by GPrime96
Forgot about something