Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe augment slots!? Read Edits Too :)

-NFT-Kick_ZA

9 hours ago, -NFT-Kick_ZA said:

but nyx 4th augment cant go in exilus slot. (Assimilate)

Yeah, and it's been a regular argument about whether or not it should. Argument against it has been that it technically does more than just add movement by letting you use weapons during it.

8 hours ago, Atsia said:

Yeah, and it's been a regular argument about whether or not it should. Argument against it has been that it technically does more than just add movement by letting you use weapons during it.

true, but they pretty much made the 4th dmg side of the ability useless with - 50% range.  pretty much a mesa waltz in a way. trading 4th usage and putting that usage into weapons, where mesa has that dmg usage as she shoots with her regulators still, trading normal weapon use.

I kinda wish you could burn the augment mod over your standard power...You just equip it and use it till you meet a threshold and it replaces that power...freeing up the mod slot so you can burn the next one in...warning though once burned in..you gotta go buy a new one or a tool to pull it off the starting power...

You know that's way too complicated..

Just give us a extra mod slot for the augments...We're seven years in a game about killing things and having fun doing it..it's a casual game, you're not in GTFO...Why so NO to anything that makes it fun at this stage of its life cycle...Not like we can't use some fun features at this moment either...

On 2020-02-14 at 11:20 AM, Jivy said:

they already said on devstream 94 that its not happening sorry

Don't take anything they ever say in a stream as fact.  They've said before they won't do things, then bent the knee.  Likewise they're claimed they will do things and then backrtracked.

Devstreams claims are FAR from set in stone. 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z said:

Don't take anything they ever say in a stream as fact.  They've said before they won't do things, then bent the knee.  Likewise they're claimed they will do things and then backrtracked.

Devstreams claims are FAR from set in stone. 

yeah dev streams are just for current thoughts on things and whats going to happen in the near future with plans of whats to come. plans always change and so do people 😄

20 minutes ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

I kinda wish you could burn the augment mod over your standard power...You just equip it and use it till you meet a threshold and it replaces that power...freeing up the mod slot so you can burn the next one in...warning though once burned in..you gotta go buy a new one or a tool to pull it off the starting power...

You know that's way too complicated..

Just give us a extra mod slot for the augments...We're seven years in a game about killing things and having fun doing it..it's a casual game, you're not in GTFO...Why so NO to anything that makes it fun at this stage of its life cycle...Not like we can't use some fun features at this moment either...

I agree, add some features 😄

Edit: spelling

Edited by -NFT-Kick_ZA

Extra mod slots for Augs.... no.

Making Augs function like focus lenses currently, sure.  Permanent change. Destruction of augmentation on change or removal.  limit 1 per warframe.  Add in a 1 time upgrade you can farm with railjack/quest/alert or meme plat shop item to double that capacity.

1 hour ago, UghZug said:

Making Augs function like focus lenses currently, sure.  Permanent change. Destruction of augmentation on change or removal.  limit 1 per warframe.  Add in a 1 time upgrade you can farm with railjack/quest/alert or meme plat shop item to double that capacity.

i actually like the idea of using the augments in a focus school kinda way 😄

3 hours ago, UghZug said:

What, why. Have you used any augments? They're just mods. Some frames need more than others. You couldn't experiment with different builds this way. It's a complete nonsense idea. 

Play with Mag or Nova sometime. There's actually frames in the game with more than one viable augment. And even augments that aren't bandaids! (Note that Neutron Star is, in fact, a bandaid)

21 minutes ago, CopperBezel said:

What, why. Have you used any augments? They're just mods. Some frames need more than others. You couldn't experiment with different builds this way. It's a complete nonsense idea. 

Play with Mag or Nova sometime. There's actually frames in the game with more than one viable augment. And even augments that aren't bandaids! (Note that Neutron Star is, in fact, a bandaid)

agreed on dont limit to one, but doing something like in a focus tree kinda way. has a ring to it. but yeah defs more than one augment no question there!.

Huh, I just realized the third example that came to mind was Ember, and then to a lesser extent Saryn. Why are damage casters the ones with more than one good augment? XD

Edit: Oh, right, because they're all survivability and support augments XD

Edited by CopperBezel

54 minutes ago, CopperBezel said:

"What, why" There are quite a few reasons to go down this path, both on from the perspective of the developer and player, but you're clearly not interested.

"Have you used any augments?" Really?

"They're just mods." Really?

"Some frames need more than others."  Incorrect. Warframes don't have needs.

"You couldn't experiment with different builds this way." incorrect.  "Specimens must experience unmatched stress. Increase your effort."

"It's a complete nonsense idea." Sure.

If DE doesn't want to make augments  compelling and not just bandaids, introduce a slot for them. 

Also screw the idiots crying about power creep. Those people don't realise every update has new and better items. Oh no, primary kit guns are coming, POWER CREEP BAD. Idiots I say. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zebiko said:

If DE doesn't want to make augments  compelling and not just bandaids, introduce a slot for them. 

Also screw the idiots crying about power creep. Those people don't realise every update has new and better items. Oh no, primary kit guns are coming, POWER CREEP BAD. Idiots I say. 

finally someone said it!

38 minutes ago, -NFT-Kick_ZA said:

finally someone said it!

Exactly what i would say. Especially since Warframe is a PvE game, not a PvP one. Even if some elite-ist who get thar frat bois together for conclave want to cry otherwise, Warframe should have little concern on power creep and just let people get to go over the top and embrace unexpected interactions that result in very fun elements of gameplay for warframe.

Game breaking bugs like how people could use archwing in the plains for abusive ability boosting strats obviously are an issue. But i certainly do not like it when ones that enable a warframe to be GOOD & popular again, gets axed.

But lets be honest...

5 hours ago, Zebiko said:

Also screw the idiots crying about power creep. Those people don't realise every update has new and better items. Oh no, primary kit guns are coming, POWER CREEP BAD. Idiots I say. 

Primary kit guns unless they have completely unique parts are going to matter little since they need to have much stronger stats to make Gaze, Catchmoon, Tomb-finger and Rattleguts stand out a whole lot. Since we have things like Opticor Vandal, Tenora, Kuva Quartakk, Bramma, Lenz, Kuva Hind, Tiberon prime, Heck even Supra Vandal, Quellor, Soma Prime, Kuva Ogris(and regular), Kuva Tonkor and so many guns that would clearly outshine carbon copies of the kitguns in primary form even if the stats got improved.

Which lets not even forget how busted they could get if they could use the same arcanes as the secondaries, but now we have certain primary exclusive mods that could result in some extremely powerful interactions.

Plus honestly i would rather some more unique kitguns for the primaries. Give us a Laser X-bow, A Flame thrower, but its cold based and will never mix to let us have some fun cold+dual element interactions. Maybe give us a Energy Bola shooting gun that will tie one or more enemies if they are close enough and continuous DoT them with high status chance on what element you have on the build. Maybe even a Nail-gun machine gun, that procs bleeding cause stabbing nails repeatedly in something would cause some nasty puncture holes like it was slash damage.~

3 hours ago, Avienas said:

Primary kit guns unless they have completely unique parts are going to matter little since they need to have much stronger stats to make Gaze, Catchmoon, Tomb-finger and Rattleguts stand out a whole lot.

All those folks still using the Arca Plasmor with Hunter Munitions can put it on their Catchmoon now and have some actual reliability to those big slash procs.

But yeah, I still want an overall augment rework. We have mods like Chromatic Blade and Accumulating Whipclaw that multiply the damage of a given ability many times over, and mods like Neutron Star that allow decasting an ability that wears out over time and inherently has a broken loop. These are not equivalent things and don't belong in the same spot whether that's a free slot or not. Some augments need to be baked into the ability, some need to be reworked to have the value of a mod, some need to remain mods as they are. And one augment per ability is a dumb rule; allow more options by introducing more over time. 

4 hours ago, CopperBezel said:

But yeah, I still want an overall augment rework. We have mods like Chromatic Blade and Accumulating Whipclaw that multiply the damage of a given ability many times over, and mods like Neutron Star that allow decasting an ability that wears out over time and inherently has a broken loop. These are not equivalent things and don't belong in the same spot whether that's a free slot or not. Some augments need to be baked into the ability, some need to be reworked to have the value of a mod, some need to remain mods as they are. And one augment per ability is a dumb rule; allow more options by introducing more over time. 

Having particular elements normalized would be nice. Such as how certain augments are NECESSARY to recast the ability such as Iron skin needing Iron-shrapnel. Which honestly should be buffed and granting the puncture AoE, While you can normally recast ironskin by default, just like how plenty of other warframes, like Revenant can refresh mesmer skin with no issues. Which this basically goes to show how Rhino, an older frame vs a newer warframe, on the subtle functionality differences they have. Where you can likely find similar situations with other warframes.

Plus it would be nice if they just made certain effects more of an innate gimmick, but listing them at 2:24 am would be a pain to go over. But lets be honest with a few such as how Energy Transfer needs to once again, should of been a improvement on equinox, just like how her 3rd ablity should not cancel out either when the one is used. 

Not to mention certain warframes that could honestly just have an extra effect tacked onto thar 4th like Loki`s radial disarm augment should be an innate effect due to how the disarm effect is useless against infested (and plenty of particularly annoying corpus and grineer units) basically and it would make more sense if his 4th applied confusion and his augment applied the disarm effect. But since Loki has such a very bare bones kit and is extremely fragile, they could just cram a bunch of his augments on as innate effects and still he would have plenty of room to buff him with improvements to make him stand out better, against other stealth frames like Ash, Octavia & Ivara. When they have more then just being the sneaky guy.

Never the less, i think i will stop with my quote replies here, since its ultimately that D.E. needs to prioritizing fixing the quality of the game instead of pushing out new content. Because if we were to take into account on the pages of bug fixes they did. I would think they would have plenty of opportunity to put some time to the side to check over old warframes and pitch refresher improvements where they could ship micro-improvement patches for 2 to 4 warframes at a time, likely only touching one or two abilities at a time. Where they release them as segmental improvements via hotfixes or so and rotate to some other frames and if necessary, go back to previous ones, after they finished sifting thru ideas and how to put them in properly. While not doing anything drastic besides tacking an ability on, tweaking a interaction or even changing the numbers for particular abilities base stats.

Edited by Avienas

Well, there's another bucket of nuts involved here in that a lot of abilities can't be recast simply to refresh their durations, especially DR buffs, and that extends to Nezha's Warding Halo that works just like Rhino's Iron Skin but as 90% DR, and also to Iron Skin itself. In Nova's case, it's not just a duration, it's the strength of her DR that reduces as she loses stars, which is why she needs a workaround to survive.

But yeah, on the augments themselves, they just need better design. And it'd be okay for some of them to be garbage (not mandatory garbage, actual garbage) if every ability in the game wasn't limited to only ever getting one. 

Edited by CopperBezel
  • Like 1

On 2020-02-14 at 9:56 AM, -NFT-Kick_ZA said:

Can we please have dedicated augment mod slots for our warframes.   maybe a dedicated slot or replace the exilus slots and make those augment slots. maybe remove the capacity costs of augments?

EDIT: maybe allow augments to be usable in exilus slots like mesa's waltz augment?

EDIT: Ok i understand we dont want other big power creep. But whats the point of having 4 abilities where on some frames are completely useless or unused. The idea here is to find a way for frame augments to be encouraged... They have 4 abilites lets utilize them, its not a big massive power creep if they ALREADY in the game. Im just encouraging usage not buffing or nerfing. 

EDIT: "give us the option to sacrifice a exilus for a augment mod. That will be good trade in my eyes. "

EDIT: Title name.

I’ve tried making a post about this too. Most augments simply change how an ability is used. Would be a neat way for DE to add alternative abilities to warframes instead of changing/nerfing a Warframe for everybody. 

But as of right now, me and like several other dudes only use like 10 total augments out of all the augments. Cause those 10 actually contribute to the frame and the style or way it is used. The rest are just... there. The slight change in the abilities is mostly just not worth giving up an entire mod slot that would be more important for a better mod. Especially if you polarized your frame to be able handle the big mods and as a result you don’t have an open spot for an augment. So having an augment mod slot that doesn’t interfere with the capacity or at least making them all exilus would be a nice addition.

Maybe to gain access to that slot, you have to polarize that frame a certain amount? Since DE likes making players earn everything. 

• Like 1

On 2020-02-25 at 2:14 PM, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

Maybe to gain access to that slot, you have to polarize that frame a certain amount? Since DE likes making players earn everything. 

To be honest, I would expect you (The player) to have to work for something like this. would make it worth doing what ever you have to do to get this feature/ perk/ whatever it will be.

We have hundreds of mods but only 8,5 slots. I´d say it´s reasonable to at least double the amount of slots in order to get a healthy build variety. Also increase enemy difficulty so that the whiny power creep enthusiasts can´t complain.