Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Arcane Energize getting nerfed?

(XBOX)YoungGunn82

2 minutes ago, Oreades said:

tho that's my feeling for all the Arcanes not just Energize. 

Cause I do have a bunch of Arcanes that this is going to effect and I'm looking forward to the change.

Energize will (likely) suffer a moderate nerf, Grace will (again, likely) get nerfhammered into near uselessness. The rest will be buffed, it seems. 

The problem is going to be what they set the cooldown to, which knowing DE will be too high out the gate.

I sure as hell know this is gonna negatively impact a few of my frames, especially the gas guzzler that is my Chroma. I'm certainly not looking forward to this.

1 minute ago, T.Hoagie said:

The problem is going to be what they set the cooldown to, which knowing DE will be too high out the gate.

I sure as hell know this is gonna negatively impact a few of my frames, especially the gas guzzler that is my Chroma. I'm certainly not looking forward to this.

Yeah will probably be too high out of the gate, cause it's easier to get people to accept a reduction in the cooldown than it would be an increase. 

Fear not citizen, they got you covered there with the whole removing all self damage angle, your Chroma is already dead.

*Secretly hoping you are running a unicorn Chroma build that doesn't rely on self damage cause I'm not a total monster*

3 hours ago, Oreades said:

Yeah will probably be too high out of the gate, cause it's easier to get people to accept a reduction in the cooldown than it would be an increase. 

Fear not citizen, they got you covered there with the whole removing all self damage angle, your Chroma is already dead.

*Secretly hoping you are running a unicorn Chroma build that doesn't rely on self damage cause I'm not a total monster*

I don't do the self damage stuff with Chroma, never have. I forget the name of the build, I think it was Umbral Chroma, but, basically I have near 300% power strength. And I just face tank the damage.

The only time that has ever presented a problem to me was that one time I fat fingered my 4th ability and an Eidolon stomped on my head, leaving a Chroma shaped hole in the ground.

But outside of that, he really is a massive gas guzzler with this build which if I can't decently manage the energy consumption will just render me less useful.

Though I would at least like to see a rework for Chroma, especially in the ability department.

anyone notice something else missing?

Old Arcane Arcane Energize is an Arcane Enhancement that provides a chance to gain additional energy for you and nearby allies whenever you pick up an Energy Orb.

New Arcane: On Rank 5: On Energy Pickup
60% chance to replenish Energy to nearby Allies
Added duration and Cooldown added (cannot re-trigger while active).

In the old description it states "you and nearby allies", where the new arcane just states "nearby allies"... or do you think that it's just an oversight?

Edited by Vas_Eldryn

3 minutes ago, Vas_Eldryn said:

anyone notice something else missing?

Old Arcane Arcane Energize is an Arcane Enhancement that provides a chance to gain additional energy for you and nearby allies whenever you pick up an Energy Orb.

New Arcane: On Rank 5: On Energy Pickup
60% chance to replenish Energy to nearby Allies
Added duration and Cooldown added (cannot re-trigger while active).

they removed the warframe thats using the arcane from the discription. So it's ONLY allies now?

Uhm no, that part isnt missing at all. Check the right section of the wiki. Mouse over Arcane Energize down in the Arcane menu of the site and you'll see the in-game description. The thing you linked is the playermade summary of the arcane, not the actual in-game tooltip.

• Like 1

In a game where you can spam the #*!% out of the pads, nerfing energize by giving it a duration and cooldown is stupid.

And considering that you actually need 21 ARCANE ENERGIZE to make a rank 5 makes it even dumber. They are always finding a way for veterans to hate them.

If you grind for the x item we will punish you with nerfs. 

standing ovation applause GIF by Shalita Grant

Edited by 8faiNt
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Uhm no, that part isnt missing at all. Check the right section of the wiki. Mouse over Arcane Energize down in the Arcane menu of the site and you'll see the in-game description. The thing you linked is the playermade summary of the arcane, not the actual in-game tooltip.

ahh cool, had me REALLY worried for a second.

Look guys, this is not DE pissing all over your time and/or money investment.

Again.

For shady reasons.

DE doesn't do things like make a hard to get mod that is strong, into a hard to get mod that is 100% worthless, or change mechanics to a weapon class that seem lined up to completely invalidate the entire reason you put 400,000 kuva into a riven. DE doesn't do things like that. DE a good boy. You guys have no reason to be concerned. You guys are panicking...

...for no reason.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, 8faiNt said:

In a game where you can spam the #*!% out of the pads, nerfing energize by giving it a duration and cooldown is stupid.

And considering that you actually need 21 ARCANE ENERGIZE to make a rank 5 makes it even dumber. They are always finding a way for veterans to hate them.

If you grind for the x item we will punish you with nerfs. 

standing ovation applause GIF by Shalita Grant

You guys got used to basically unlimited freedom. We get it. It's tough man.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

You guys got used to basically unlimited freedom. We get it. It's tough man.

you do know its warframe right?

literally a sandbox, sc-fi game. OFC I like the freedom of choices.

also, didnt know backing up my argument with a solid point would hurt others. Sorry.

Edited by 8faiNt

7 minutes ago, 8faiNt said:

what are you saying?

Over the years, casuals always ruin MMOs. They complain about Saryns, people having energy etc. Its a constant battle that we'll all eventually lose because some guy that has 5 kids is upset that he doesnt have enough time to get the same thing another guy has lol.

Ok I'm ranting and being dumb. But I guess my point is that games always evolve. People post videos of 9min 1x3 and wonder why stuff gets nerfed. Just saying you have to enjoy it while it's there cause its guaranteed to disappear.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Reifnir said:

Energize will (likely) suffer a moderate nerf, Grace will (again, likely) get nerfhammered into near uselessness. The rest will be buffed, it seems. 

guardian is 100% straight nerfed as long as the proposed values remain. less chance and requires even more duplicates and the buff on it. 10 seconds lol

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ShortCat said:

A. Energize completely borked energy management and is one of the reasons for unlimited energy supply and resulting ability spam. Any nerf to it is a step in the right direction. Holding the game hostage because you "worked hard" is an egoistic attitude.

large energy pad blueprints 10x and 100x give 100 energy per pad and you can place dozens of them down at any given time.

And it's energize that's broken all because you don't have to stop channeling abilities? 

Edited by Fire2box

24 minutes ago, (XB1)Cram Duahcim said:

Am I o e of the few players who doesn't use any Arcanes? I haven't had any interest in them at all lol 

Call me crazy but I haven't felt any need for them what so ever. But everything else that they talked about yesterday seems like overall great changes that the game needed.

most people don't play warframe either. It'll be okay if Warframe just shuts down right?

22 minutes ago, (XB1)Cram Duahcim said:

few players who doesn't use any Arcanes? I haven't had any interest in them at all lol 

Unlike everything else in the game, Arcanes have been something you cannot acquire while playing casually. Neither raids nor tridolon speedruns were casual-friendly. And having no way to "beta-test" how good some of them actually are, most of the warframe playerbase decided not to bother, since Warframe is made of content 99.9% of which can be literally facerolled. DE did nothing to spark players' interest in the arcane system until Nightwave, and even that was a bandaid. 

10 hours ago, Battle.Mage said:

time to sell arcane energize quick!...

i will stick to buffing rhino and bramma/nukor/dual ichor.

Hahahahahahahahaha. 

Sorry to tell you but, now without self damage, the bramma will get used more often and become popular. This popularity will lead to players posting about how they hate the bramma and it should be nerfed. DE, "discovering" the weapon is popular will nerf the bramma to hell and we'll get the usual "we didn't expect this to happen" explanation from DE. So enjoy it while it lasts.