Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Revised: 100x Restore Blueprint Megathread

SilverBones

̶I̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶i̶t̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶i̶t̶t̶l̶e̶ ̶d̶u̶m̶b̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶e̶a̶c̶h̶ ̶p̶a̶d̶ ̶c̶o̶s̶t̶s̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶n̶ ̶t̶w̶i̶c̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶a̶m̶o̶u̶n̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶p̶o̶l̶y̶m̶e̶r̶ ̶p̶e̶r̶ ̶p̶a̶d̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶v̶e̶n̶i̶e̶n̶c̶e̶.̶ ̶I̶t̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶g̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶v̶e̶n̶i̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶I̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶o̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶O̶p̶h̶e̶l̶i̶a̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶t̶e̶n̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶.̶

Ignore that, I was dumb and compared the price of the 10x medium pad next to it instead of the 10x large 

Edited by Popahya
misread

But... why lock them behind a game mode that not everyone wants to or can play, especially when it doesn't seem to be solo-friendly and is still undergoing changes and balancing?  I mean, sometimes people just don't want to play with others (bad connection/internet or personality issues aside), is that a crime?  'cos it sure feels like punishment.  😞

• Like 3

Why is the 100* Health Restore priced at 550 Mutagen Samples? Sure, I know the Hema costs 5000, but that shouldn't be taken as a baseline. I've been playing for over two years now and I have a total of 1500 Mutagen Samples with none invested in the Hema. Shift the price to Mutagen Masses or lower it drastically, this is absurd.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Steel_Rook said:

Why is the 100* Health Restore priced at 550 Mutagen Samples? Sure, I know the Hema costs 5000, but that shouldn't be taken as a baseline. I've been playing for over two years now and I have a total of 1500 Mutagen Samples with none invested in the Hema. Shift the price to Mutagen Masses or lower it drastically, this is absurd.

Somebody really needs to remind the devs that the things don't just fall like rain while you're doing pretty much anything in the game like the other research items do.

Edited by zuraja
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, SonnyPsycho said:

You got 100 x ciphers in Tenno Lab.

My bad, missed that bit.

On another note, I'm not sure I'd call the prices unfair but for stuff like shield restores which aren't even that useful... idk lots of rare resources gone now, probably a few too many.

You should be heavily dissuading spam of restores, not enabling them with bigger build packs.

If you see Arcane Energise as enough of a problem to nerf it, and see energy generation enough of a questionable factor to disable several types during channelled abilities (and regen during other drains - looking at you, parasite eximi) then you should remember Energy Restore spam circumvents ALL of these limitations. 

No, it's not 'good enough' that it's a resource-costing consumable. If I could make a consumable that auto-completes a mission, it wouldn't matter if each one costs me a pittance of resources, would it? Restore abuse has a similar effect, making it completely different - and in a far more freely accessible way than legendary-rarity Arcanes, restricting a grind-earned Focus school, or demanding pocket Trinities in every mission.

Restores should be used sparingly, or last-resort options, not just used as a completely overriding crutch.

• Like 1

Yea, it's rather ridiculous how everything else gets targeted for reduction, while by far the greatest source never was. Do the devs intend for these to be absolutely mandatory?

I've avoided them cause they are annoying, broken and out of place, when compared to the huge amount of effort required to farm up the other sources of energy, and the other sources require you to make sacrifices by having them over other options, and are conditional or build up energy slowly over time, while all you have to do is one click to get a huge amount of energy with restores. I guess i should just ignore the annoyance and start spamming them like everyone else, but i really don't want everything to resolve to a single i win button, where all considerations can simply be ignored. What's the point of making a proper build if i can just spam this instead? Hell, even a simple spam 4 build with no restores takes effort and thought to get everything into place to make that build, which is still infinitely better.

Spamming these just allows you to ignore a huge amount of the game all together.

What's the point of taking a huge amount of time to farm energy restoring arcanes or choosing to use and farm the energy restoring focus tree over the other focus trees, when you can simply ignore all that?

So hold on... I was looking at this at like 4 AM last night so I might have missed a few steps. Are the 100x blueprints in Clan Dojos for Medium restores, rather than large ones? If so... Why? Do we have a way to grab 100x blueprints for Large restores? Because I honestly don't have any use for the medium ones, even with a larger crafting bundle.

2 minutes ago, Steel_Rook said:

So hold on... I was looking at this at like 4 AM last night so I might have missed a few steps. Are the 100x blueprints in Clan Dojos for Medium restores, rather than large ones? If so... Why? Do we have a way to grab 100x blueprints for Large restores? Because I honestly don't have any use for the medium ones, even with a larger crafting bundle.

they are larges. u can see it in the top of the screenshot

6 hours ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

You should be heavily dissuading spam of restores, not enabling them with bigger build packs.

If you see Arcane Energise as enough of a problem to nerf it, and see energy generation enough of a questionable factor to disable several types during channelled abilities (and regen during other drains - looking at you, parasite eximi) then you should remember Energy Restore spam circumvents ALL of these limitations. 

No, it's not 'good enough' that it's a resource-costing consumable. If I could make a consumable that auto-completes a mission, it wouldn't matter if each one costs me a pittance of resources, would it? Restore abuse has a similar effect, making it completely different - and in a far more freely accessible way than legendary-rarity Arcanes, restricting a grind-earned Focus school, or demanding pocket Trinities in every mission.

Restores should be used sparingly, or last-resort options, not just used as a completely overriding crutch.

Energy Restores do not restore energy to warframes using a channeled ability. And most of the time I see players using them at the beginning of a mission, so that they can start casting their abilities. I almost never see them used during a mission.

1 minute ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Energy Restores do not restore energy to warframes using a channeled ability. And most of the time I see players using them at the beginning of a mission, so that they can start casting their abilities. I almost never see them used during a mission.

I'm fairly certain it can charge a channelling 'frame. Then again, so can Trinity sometimes. Maybe there's buggy client/host differences, or it's just part of the grand tangle of Warframe spaghetti we live in. Either way, though, having them spammable on-demand is still an instant refill whenever you choose it, even if you toggle off the channel to do so; you're obviously not the Trinity in this scenario, so her ability to recharge a channelling frame on-demand requires convenient timing or communication, not to mention enemies to target.

DE: Please engage in a discussion on why the foundry isn't queue-able?

I repeatedly see players asking for it and suggesting it. Theses sorts of responses (additional blueprints for only select few items) aren't comprehensive solutions, and also aren't answers.  You seem lately to want to engage with the community and be more communicative.  So please, provide your viewpoint.

Edited by (NSW)Kadet
grammer

27 minutes ago, (NSW)Kadet said:

You seem lately to want to engage with the community and be more communicative. 

thats funny, you should do standup.

they talk when they feel like talking, they listen when it falls in line with what they wanted to say already. 

if they were trying to be more communicative, we would know the what the deal is with things promised long ago, like when the solar rails are coming back (or at least an admittance that they arent), when raids are coming back (again, or at least an admittance that they arent), why operator outfits are still broken, etc, etc. DE's M.O. is hype for what they want, radio silence for what the community wants.

they didnt decrease the cost of railjack because players asked for that, they lowered it cuz railjack is dead and they want to inflate the number of people playing it, but railjack isnt dead cuz of cost, its dead cuz its tangential n most people dont care to play it. soooo, reduced cost, arcanes from event, and a newly constructed need for those arcanes to force the numbers up. its not about the players wants, its about DE getting player numbers where they want them.

• Like 1

Oh, while we're on the subject of 100x Restores - fix your damn icon. You guys even commented on the icon being the wrong aspect ratio on the dev stream LAST FRIDAY and yet it shipped like that? Seriously, it's an icon. You presumably have graphic artists on staff. Make a new icon. I know you're being rushed (seemingly all of the time), but come on - this looks excessively unprofessional.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

I'm fairly certain it can charge a channelling 'frame.

Incorrect. Latency notwithstanding, the only channelled abilities that don't block energy pads are the likes of Artemis Bow (whose cost is paid per attack rather than over time), Immolation (at less than full charge when it doesn't drain energy; it will block pads at full charge), and so on. For others that have a continual energy drain, I always need to disengage the ability, charge up (be it through pads or EV or whatever), then reactivate. The closest I know of to a violation of that is Equinox's night-form Pacify, which drains energy over time for each enemy in range but none if there are no enemies nearby.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MadMephit said:

Incorrect. Latency notwithstanding, the only channelled abilities that don't block energy pads are the likes of Artemis Bow (whose cost is paid per attack rather than over time), Immolation (at less than full charge when it doesn't drain energy; it will block pads at full charge), and so on. For others that have a continual energy drain, I always need to disengage the ability, charge up (be it through pads or EV or whatever), then reactivate. The closest I know of to a violation of that is Equinox's night-form Pacify, which drains energy over time for each enemy in range but none if there are no enemies nearby.

I should have emphasised, I'm sure it can charge a channelling frame (as opposed to should). In the same context as the following statement regarding Trinity doing it sometimes too. Unintentional, but spaghetticode. How often it happens is arguable though, I see few Trinities but regular energy restore abuse when I'm non-solo, so that biases the odds a bit. Either way, the point remains that they offer an instant near-infinite energy source on-demand requiring nothing but pressing a button any time, anywhere. They are more persistent and reliable than Energise (doubly so with cooldown) or Zenurik focus or hoping for a Trinity/Harrow.