Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Revised: Status Chance Mod Buff Megathread

SilverBones

On 2020-03-02 at 8:02 PM, [DE]Bear said:
  • Rifle Aptitude increased from 15% Status Chance to 90% Status Chance
  • Melee Prowess increased from 15% Status Chance to 90% Status Chance
  • Sure Shot increased from 15% Status Chance to 90% Status Chance
  • Shotgun Savvy increased from 30% Status Chance to 90% Status Chance

This buff combined with over-100% status and the removal of x4 IPS proc weight has me actually using most of these in some capacity or another.

That said, the removal of x4 IPS weight, combined with elementals having dual-stat mods and IPS nods not having them has had significant implications on IPS proccing. Which, realistically, means Slash procs, since Imp and Punc are useless, but that's a topic for another thread.
(tl;dr example - Vir Status + Buzz Kill Vectis/Prime is now outperformed by Vir status + Hunter Munitions.
Native slash competes with Vir - and loses due to the weapon's element-spread. Forced procs... Don't.
I'd have to re-check my spreadsheet, but it's something like 17% of a slash proc per projectile vs. 30% (with 100% crit via Argon Scope/riven).)

At any rate:
On the IPS front, IPS has element-specific mods, such as https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Shredder et al., which, frankly, suck so bad they're effectively useless.

On the status front, we have the Acolyte mods.

With the buff to the vanilla mods, https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Catalyzer_Link, with its added restrictions, is badly undertuned relative to Rifle Apptitude.
The Shotgun and Pistol mods share the restrictions while being the same +90% as the vanilla mods.
I'm going to assume they haven't been touched yet - rather than this being the choice made -, so here's the pros and cons:

If the Acolyte mods offer a:
* Lower bonus than vanilla, suffer restrictions - They're useless outside extreme edge cases where you need to hit a % threshold - which should no longer exist, with shotgun status having changed.
* Same bonus as vanilla, suffer restrictions - Due to their proc weighting neutrality, will at best be stacked with the vanilla mods, at worst ignored in favor of them.
* Higher bonus, suffer restrictions - This offers a power <-> limitation tradeoff so a player might skip the vanilla mod. The downside is a higher total bonus if both are stacked - which has implications on the magnitude of the difference between min and max; and will always be a (possible) concern as long as vanilla and variant mods can be stacked (see, e.g. Ability Strength going from -60% to +200% or higher).

Which leaves us with Weeping Wounds.
If you're going for a combo build, WW outpaces Melee Prowess so badly MP isn't worth the mod slot.
If you're not going for combo (a 'standstill' build, henceforth), the only times you'd potentially want MP are for 90% slash weapons (since IPS procs lost the x4, and so lose their proc priority), where you'd need Buzz Kill and MP unless you're avoiding elemental damage altogether.
Where Heavy Attack builds offer a standstill crit build x2 effect from vanilla crit chance mods, MP has no such amenities for Heavy or normal attacks.

Unless you're changing Shredder et al. to be IPS dualstats (or adding IPS dual stats), where it can serve as a 'that last extra bit of status', I'd buff MP to 120%.

Edited by Chroia
Forgot Melee Prowess.

The Sobek has never been a meta or high-end shotgun even at the best of times. So when the status changes were discussed I thought the Sobek may finally find purpose by offering a higher level of consistency in proc rates. Instead the augment, Shattering Justice, was changed to be a multiplicative status mod with a status chance bonus that is only marginally better than the pre-buff version of Shotgun Savvy. It is now the weakest status mod for shotguns overall, why? What does the Sobek offer?

• Its an automatic shotgun, but has a very slow fire rate.
  • Despite this low fire rate it has low crit chance.
  • Despite this low fire rate it has average status chance.
  • It has a deep magazine for a shotgun, but reloads rather slowly.
  • Despite this low fire rate, and long reload time, its base damage is mediocre.
  • Despite its mediocre base damage, slow fire rate, and slow reload time, its an Impact focused shotgun. A status type which has effectively been turned into old blast which is a nerf.
  • Despite its mediocre base damage, slow fire rate, and slow reload time, its an impact focused shotgun that fires only 5 pellets. Which is 2nd lowest for pellet counts tied with the Tigris-a slash focused shotgun, and the Exergis-another Slash focused shotgun. Both of those shotguns also have much higher base damage.

So I have to ask what was the reasoning behind choosing to downgrade Shattering Justice? The Sobek is frankly in need of buffs, not nerfs.

Shotgun Savvy prior to the status update gave +15% status chance, and thus had virtually no purpose as a mod. So you buffed it to +90% which makes it viable in some niche use-case situations.

Shattering Justice prior to the status update gave +20 base status chance, which was equivalent to 74.7% Status Chance back when the Sobek had '27%' Status chance. Following the update this was definitively nerfed to +20% status chance, which is equivalent to 3.24% Status chance for the Sobek currently. Why was this done? This augment is now in the same exact position as Shotgun Savvy was before the update, and I would like to know why. Is this intended?

Edited by Nox_Terminus
clarity

And still that is far from enough.

I would give 90% mods also 90% status, 60/60 mods would go 60dmg/240status.

For shotguns i would go full-crazy about status mods/stats to guarantee that shotguns that could reach 100% back in time would reach with same builds(including riven builds) 100% per pellet or more.

Good change. I think I understand the original reasoning on having these mods be pretty limited but I think it's much better this way.

And definitely keep them all at the same level. It was ridiculous having some be better than others. Those types of differences should be built in weapon-by-weapon, not at the level of mod increases.

Edited by rstripn

On 2020-03-05 at 12:45 PM, Mrldmz said:

[Shattering Justice], [Sobek]'s Steel Meridian augment mod now behaves as a normal +status chance mod, but before the update its purpose was giving the weapon a flat 20% status chance after modded base status chance. Meaning that if you add this mod to a 0-mods config. you will get only a 4% status chance increase! Please fix this. I don't yet know if other similar mods behave like that (please tell me it's a bug).

yeah i noticed this issue as well. "flat status chance" seems to be working on mods like the Supra's augment for example. But it seems like "Flat status chance on shotguns" is what was adversely affected. At least afaik Shattering Justice is the only example of that, so its kind of hard to say for sure whether its intended or an accidental change,

• 2 weeks later...

A small consistency suggestion.

Since the weighting on status distribution has been changed I think the physical +120% damage mods (such as Fanged Fusillade, Pircing Caliber, etc) should work the same way Elemental mods work i.e. calculate the added damage value from the total weapon damage not just the corresponding damage type.

Or vice versa elementals could work like physical mods but we would need a way to alternate the base damage types. In addition to this +60% damage and +60% status chance physical hybrid mods would be reasonable expansion.

• 2 weeks later...

Instead of IPS/Status mods, how about IPS/Base damage mods in the same vein as Blaze?

Buff all the +30%IPS mods to +90% Base Damage / +90% IPS would lead to some interesting choices as they would innately give more damage than elemental mods. 

With a +120%BaseDamage/IPS from Baro, there would be a lot of interesting things to think about. Max out Base damage for Slash procs? Skip out on Serration altogether?

With most statuses capped at 10, I'm hoping for an OVERSTATUS Dot. After 10 stacks of a non-Dot proc, each subsequent proc deals 150% of that element as additional damage upfront?

On 2020-03-02 at 8:02 PM, [DE]Bear said:

Status Chance Mod Buffs 
The Status Chance Mods we released many years ago have not been considered worthwhile - there are simply better options within the Status Mod builds (Dual Stats) or Critical builds are more appealing. We are buffing all Standalone Status Chance Mods to increase the appeal of building for Status on your Weapons:

• Rifle Aptitude increased from 15% Status Chance to 90% Status Chance
  • Melee Prowess increased from 15% Status Chance to 90% Status Chance
  • Sure Shot increased from 15% Status Chance to 90% Status Chance
  • Shotgun Savvy increased from 30% Status Chance to 90% Status Chance

What about Stunning Speed? That one has a poor 10% status chance, bring it in line with the other mods around.. also Modified Munitions, that is the only Archwing Status Chance mod so far except another one that needs aiming to apply

• 4 weeks later...

Increase of Status mods is great. It does make me want to use status focused weapons.  However, the increase seems minimal compared to the change to critical chance mod.  With that said, when can we expect to see Primed status chance focused mods? 

I have a riven for caustacyst with 151%sc.  I can make it go past 200%, but without the increase in damage. So right now with the riven and contact drift 40%, my weapon is at 107%.  This doesn't entice me to want to use sc weapons.  I'll stick to cc weapons