Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

Mimica
A transformation frame. Mimica was originally created by a vengeful Orokin official as a means to both spy on his enemies and to protect himself, using the frame itself as a fashion statement in the process. Mimica’s face resembles a porcelain mask and they have four spindly arms. The surface of the frame varies wildly with some areas looking like scales with others appearing elegant and sleek. Mimica’s body language is twitchy and shy with the frame always looking hunched and fidgety as if wary of who could be looking at it.

Passive: Adaptation: Mimica can melee and fire all her weapons at the same time at the cost of fire rate and swing speed.

1st Ability: Inspiration: Mimica steals the design for a weapon and puts it into one of their hands. Can be used to hack consoles at range.

2nd Ability: Innovation: Mimica absorbs dead enemies around them to gain health and fire rate

3rd Ability: Emulation: Mimica changes shape into an enemy or object, becoming “invisible”

4th Ability: Assimilation: Mimica jumps onto an ally’s back and fuses to another frame combining their health into a 6 armed menace.

I've seen "giant frame" and "samurai frame" pitched on this thread and I think they can be consolidated into "giant samurai frame". you could conceivably tie growth to the number of enemies killed somehow and give him sort of a skeletal look in reference to the Gashadokuro of Japanese folklore. maybe he could also have an exalted nodachi but I'm not gonna push super hard for that because an exalted weapon on top of a growth ability might be a bit much

A Warframe based on the Divine and Miracles - I could see the Orokin thinking so highly of themselves that they would make a 'god' or 'angel' that serves them, instead of prostrating themselves before it. A mix between a humble prophet and a true angel or other divine messenger - a ragged robed shell of a humanoid shape in one form, a many winged holy avenger in another. A messiah walking the battlefield as a humble (wo)man unbeknownst to his/her companions. The Gods work in mysterious Tenno.

The idea is for a mecha warframe that can't equip any weapons in all three slots. Instead it would have exalted weapons that are incorporated into the frame itself. So for the primary weapon, a shoulder mounted cannon. Secondary could be a arm mounted weapon (Megaman style) or maybe something similar to Robocop where it pops out of his leg. Melee weapon can detach from the back of the frame. The mods equipped to the primary would determine it's weapon type. So serration for a rifle, point blank for shot gun etc. Melee weapon would depend on the stance mod equipped. Abilities would allow the frame to switch between "attack", "defense", or "support" modes. A passive ability would be to enhance the stats of any and all robotic companions. Or perhaps allow for two companions as long as they are robotic. Since the theme for this frame is mech based, perhaps give this frame some sort of A.I. that allows it function on its own to some extent.

Morpheus, a warframe based on the Imagination.

This warframe could shapeshift and create beautiful short-lived art during the orokin age, but turned out like its operator's mental state became unstable during the Old War, as its imagination : Tormented between dreams and nightmares.

This warframe has powers depending on his imagination, depending on Morpheus' mental state :

If Morpheus feel safe, the warframe will cast powers of untold beauty:  It will look like he came out of a dream, attracting the ennemies.

If Morpheus starts a mental breakdown, the powers will come from Morpheus' nightmares Morpheus will become a demon coming from the deepest nightmares, scaring the ennemies.

A Danseuse. She who dances in the void, for nothingness is all that is left in her wake.

The theme would prove challenging to animators, but it has room and opportunity for innovations in mobility to present a flowing kit that allows players to weave their own dances.

I would like to see a Cavalry-themed Warframe that had abilities and movement inspired by horseback combat. This could be represented in the form of a steed that charges at enemies; and you could even ride the steed to augment the Warframe's abilities.

MIDAS, the spartan warframe.

Design and skills based on King Midas from the Greek Mythology. Appearance resembles a spartan warrior or something like that.

My idea is to make him a tank warframe which can taunt enemies and generate health and energy orbs from them. 

Skills should be like:

-Turn enemies into golden statues based on proximity for a short period of time;

-Decrease enemy armor and a generate health and energy orbs from the statues;

-Taunt enemies using a warcry(similar mechanic od Guardian Derision mod) and disarming them;

-Perhaps an exalted weapon: sword and shield, or something like revenant’s mesmer skin which prevent part of damage(golden skin);

-Should be cool a passive which grants benefits from health and energy orbs like regeneration over time, overshield or bonus armor( a mechanic i think should be cool to see more in the game);

During the Old War, some Tenno cradles in the Lua belly were destroyed with children still sleeping in them. Most of those Tenno were cut from transference when their somatic links stopped functioning. Their warframes collapsed and they woke up. One of them, however, got locked in an infinite feedback loop between their war platform and their true form. They split in two. One half was stranded in the fold (in the process of returning to their body) and the other was inhabiting their warframe (unable to escape). The Tenno wasn't able to pilot the frame. They were only a spectator locked inside an infinite dream, with no sense of self or will. Only a bare sense of existence and instinct.
So, that's the theme. Infinite loops, agony of eternal recurrence, a "spirit" trapped inside a physical form.

Take this .gif of Sauron from the Hobbit as a visual example of the infinite loop. 

tumblr_my2ui6wCF21r5wphyo1_500.gifv

Now, thousands (?) of years after the Old War, this warframe is discovered wailing on Lua, transmitting a signal of distress on a frequency nobody uses because the Golden Spear is destroyed and the Orokin are gone.

Physically, I imagine this frame as a blooming wound. A metal rose blooming until it inverts itself and starts blooming again. An infinite well, an endless hole inside its face.

Example of an inverted infinite bloom.

giphy.gif

Thank you for reading! Good luck everyone! 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

I've been thinking about something that gave me nightmares as a child.

maybe a heavy parasitic theme.

A light frame on its own, but can directly control an enemy via abilities.

Mayhaps allow it to hop onto an ally and give them buffs and bonuses while using the weapons as a secondary turret.

perhaps with a Remora Fish asthetic or perhaps any of the pleasant parasites available.

An introvert Tenno after much research of Warframes designed a frame that they wore on there tenno body… unlike other frame which you would only use transference. They liked the idea of putting them selves in a little danger.

This exoskeleton had a unique ability. it could latch onto any enemy and control that enemy. Almost like a kubro collar that allowed you to use transference on any enemy when attached. They called it Locust.

They Are a bit mad this Tenno. They are not what you call a “Team player” They have been seen trading from time to time in Cetus it is even said that they have a shop somewhere there and if found they may be willing to share their designs. For a price.

Lokust

1st ability uses void energy to latch onto selected enemy (can only be 2 legged enemies ) it is infinite but it does damage the controlled body overtime. The frame has base stats that can be modded but relies heavily on the host body to boost its stats.

2rd ability is what ever signature ability controlled enemy has. For example swap, null shield, grapple, ice shield, an so forth

3rd ability “Harvest” when active gathers material from melee kills that boost armor till meter is maxed out. Spine opens up and spikes out as the meter fills

4th “Swarm” devours controlled enemy and launches each part of the spine as projectiles damaging enemies in an area (this transfers the Tenno back into the frame) if “Harvest” meter is full does increased damage.

Passive: Assimilate if you take over a high ranking enemy lower ranking enemies wont attack.

When you spawn into a mission you will be in Tenno form wearing the Locust Armor. You can not use your weapons or bullet jump in this form. You will have to rely on pets, sentinel, and amp to get to an enemy to control. (It would be cool if you could piggie back on other Warframes when doing public missions but I think that's asking too much lol)

your weapons are stored on the spine so when you take over say a Grineer commander you will then be able to use your equipped weapons and bullet jump.

Think of it as a reverse Chroma thats looks more like a Droideka from star wars and attaches sorta like Iron Man 2 briefcase suit. Some of the idea is from those big shells/ back packs a lot of Cetus dwellers wear on their backs. Maybe Unko has something to do with the Mysterious Tenno that made this frame?

When you are controlling an enemy you attach the spine, a chest piece, leg pieces, and maybe forearm pieces? The spine with the head/ shoulders attached is the base of the frame that's the most important part. Not a flashy animation just a quick latch on. Like chroma putting his shell back on.

A frame that can disguise itself as the enemy, and hide in plain sight (kinda like a double agent)! I would love a frame with an ability that makes the enemies think you're on their team, and with abilities that let you secretly sabotage the enemy while secretly giving buffs to your teammates. I think it would be a fun new way to avoid enemies shooting at you!

An Apex predator, higly armored and fast, he'll have 2 forms, One more stealthy and agile Just like a feline predator, and another One more destructive and tanki like a bear, maybe with an exalted weapon wich stats changes to adapt to the current form the warframe Is in, maybe an axe wich Is small and fast in the stealty form, and than becomes far longer but slower in the tankier form.

An old Warframe that had been in Grineer possession for ages, used as a reference for building the Wolf of Saturn Six's armor. When Alad V had control of the Wolf he had him bring him the Warframe. When the Wolf took back control he took back the Warframe with it, but not before Alad V had made some alterations.
The original Warframe was created looking like a hulking suit of armor with a lupine head piece, and shoulder pieces, the Grineer made some alterations while they had it in their possession adding additional armor. When Alad V had it he used his experience to add Corpus technology for the shields, Infested science for the health, and lastly Sentient and Amalgam to make it harder to stop. Alad V was planning to try to control the Warframe through the Amalgam strain he used on it, but it backfired and gave the Wolf control instead when he broke free. The Wolf has taken the Warframe to the Void when he traveled through there trying to get some solace after freeing himself from Alad V's control, thus causing the warframe to absorb Void energy. Recently the Wolf raided the Grineer Queens' Kuva Fortress and stole some Kuva. After injecting himself and his pack to begin the process of becoming immortal he injected the remaining Kuva into the Warframe. Now this Warframe has been through almost as much as the Tenno. The Wolf has decided to offer the Warframe as a prize for the Tenno after they have "killed" him and his pack causing them to become Kuva Liches, but instead of taking revenge on the Tenno, the Wolf and his pack then plan to disappear into the shadows on their own agenda. But unbeknown to the Wolf the Warframe has regained its sentience and won't submit without a fight.

So essentially a Warframe with:
Grineer armor,
Corpus shields,
Infested health,
Sentient/Amalgam shield adaptation,
Void energy and Kuva powered abilities?
Maybe something from the zealot nightwave?

So a tanky warframe with a bestial nature and a howl, that has been altered by most of the enemies that the Tenno fight.

P.S. main theme is all the enemies the Tenno have fought and our journey through the story of warframe. The head and shoulder pieces as well as the howl were just cause I thought they might look cool but not really part of the theme.

A Void like Warframe that has powerful abilities but in exchange has low survivability:

Passive: 5% chance to ignore damage

Ability 1: Materialize 3 spears/lances and track down the nearest enemies, making them bleed.

Ability 2: Create a spear/lance that blocks 80% of all incoming attacks

Ability 3: Stun every enemy in a 20 m range for 5 seconds, after that the warframe "explodes" knocking near enemies away

Ability 4: Charge every incoming enemy attacks into a massive barrage in the direction the player is looking

Only thing I got, bc I like this general idea in games. A warframe that grows stronger given time/using abilities. Just a boi or gurl that gets better the more they do. One idea I had for that would be time based, every X time, stats increase by Y. Something that would prolly be diminishing returns.
My other idea was a warframe that I made with a friend bc we could, though I will blatently admit that I dunno how bull their numbers are, so anyone who has a clue, feel free to change it. This one was gender ambiguous in my mind.

BLACK HOLE

First time doing this and I hope others will be interested in discussion. 

I was originally debating between two ideas, the one I am posting and a 'omyoji'-type frame, but since JareeZy already covered the second (post: https://forums.warframe.com/profile/172365-jareezy/) I will try to make sense of the other. Also, by the way kudos to JareeZy. If you read this know that you are in company hunter. 😃

What I have come across is a vortex-ish frame using void-like abilities. Now, I know the first thought of it is that there are several frames that use similar abilities or themes. Zephyr uses tornadoes, Hydroid is our resident kraken, Mag has her magnetically aligned grav-type powers, Limbo is themed the 'void-walker' with his abilities to use portals etc., Revenant is literally of sentient (who are from 'beyond the void') melding, Wisp's 'breach surge' and 'sol gate' offer openings in portals dimensional or otherwise, and last but not least Harrow has his story tied in with the void. BUT that's not the void I am talking about. Two words, black hole. A warframe themed around the mysterious and all consuming vortexes that are dangerous as they are enigmatic. This would be a energy-heavy warframe probably focused on long to medium range but capable of holding its own solo or in team-missions if appropriately powered. Or it could be an absolute tank, though personally I am proposing for a void-mage. It could absorb or deflect incoming fire, teleport (or use portals), crush enemies into nothingness, manipulate gravity or time or light, and theoretically amplify other warframe's abilities. Powers of the dark wells know no bounds. 

I will have to admit, when I thought of this warframe concept I envisioned him/her throwing around swirling black-purple balls of nothingness or having them swirling around them. 😃 

That's pretty much it. Thanks and please vote or tag this if you have a thought on this matter. 

A drone themed frame. Having like a mantle or something constructed of small machines or having them inbuilt. Maybe even of different kinds. We've had frames able to create few strong minions yet few capable of larger groups like nekros or even akin to the itzals drones. Would even give opportunities to test companion commands in a controlled environment. Would also offer a lot of options for both offense or support based on the later polls.

On 2020-03-06 at 9:53 AM, [DE]Helen said:

Community-Created-Warframe-Header-alt-blue.jpg

We’re calling upon the Warframe community to create the next Warframe! You can stay up-to-date on the design phases in the official Community-Designed Warframe thread.

The theme is the foundation of every Warframe’s design. Over the years, we have seen countless fantastic ideas in the Fan Concepts subforum and across the Internet. That creativity is what we’ll need to breathe life into this Warframe! Share with us a Warframe theme you’d like to see inspire the next design.

How to submit:

In this thread, share a description of a Warframe theme that you would like to see in-game!

We aren’t considering Abilities during this design phase. First, it’s all about a strong theme! Expound your idea and make it the best it can be.

Guidelines:

• One submission per player.
  • Theme can’t be changed after it is submitted. You may edit your post to make small changes like fixing typos. "Reason for edit" will be reviewed.
  • If there are duplicate theme submissions, only the one that was first posted will be considered - we’ll be watching!
  • Theme idea must be original. Your submission can be from a post you made elsewhere as long as it’s your own!
  • Details like back stories might be altered by the Dev Team as needed to ensure consistency with Warframe’s overall design.
  • Concept art can be included in submissions but will not be considered in the final design or when selecting the final theme.
  • Do not reserve spots in this thread.
  • Only post submissions in this thread.
  • Submissions that do not follow these guidelines will not be considered.
  • Chosen submission becomes property of Digital Extremes.

We understand that we can’t avoid duplicate Warframe theme submissions, so please do your best to submit a theme that has yet to be presented, and we’ll do our best when sorting through to ensure there is a fair opportunity for all!

Selecting the Final Theme:

Call for submissions will close on Thursday, March 19 at 1:00pm ET.

After reviewing all theme submissions, the Warframe Team will choose a Top 10 to present to the Design Council!

The Design Council will then vote to determine the winning Warframe theme. Design Council voting will begin on Friday, March 20 at 1:00PM ET and run until Thursday, March 26 at 1:00PM ET.

After the Theme is Chosen:

Community artist, Eornheit will create the Warframe’s official design based on the chosen theme! Once the design is complete, we will make an open call to the community once again to design the Warframe’s Abilities. Follow each phase here!

The community-created Warframe’s name and final design will be revealed on Saturday, July 11th during the TennoCon 2020 Live Stream!

ALL PLAYERS FROM EACH PLATFORM CAN PARTICIPATE

Let us hear your Warframe ideas, Tenno!

A fallen prototype warframe that was destroyed in a failed operation, but later salvaged and repaired by a ragtag group of kiddos who used whatever they had handy.

Archived