Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Health Restore, Energy Restore, Ammo Restore, and Shield Restore require rework.

TPtv

They require 30 seconds for maximum recovery. But waiting for this time is too inefficient.

Rather than dividing into four, you should rework them to recover them all at once.

Edited by TPtv

some people just spam those restores by using hotkey (10 pizzas in 2 seconds, maybe?), instead of waiting to get just enough from them
in fact, the bigger ones give so much that makes me question: how can you use more than 100 energy/almost 2 mags/300 hp/300 shield in 7.5 seconds? if you need that much, means that your playstyle is lacking an lot of cautious or aim, plus that timer on consumables allows for allies, somehow, catch up to get something and deny the user to use as simply "oh sheet" item

just remember that, even if you spam, you can only carry 200 of each consumable type per mission

I agree. Squad Restores appear designed in such a way as to benefit everyone on a team of players not in direct communication with each other, hence why their effects are staggered. Restores also seem to have been designed for a very old version of the game, hence why the effects of some of them (ammo and health, in particular) are so weak. All of this means that the most practical way to use Restores is to carry hundreds of them and deploy them in large numbers, get a large boost on the first "wave," then abandon them entirely. This basically means we can have an infinite amount of everything, balanced only by a resource grind.

I'm personally partial to the Diablo 3 system for potions. That is to say, I feel Team Restores ought to restore a LOT more right up-front, but put themselves on a cooldown once used. I'm also of the opinion that they shouldn't be "consumables" but rather like the Archwing Launcher. That is to say, a player can deploy as many restores as they want, and those restores would reliably refill the player back up to full in the corresponding category, but could only used once every 10-15 second, say. To ensure that the entire team gets to benefit from this, I recommend using the same "pizza" deployable graphic, but triggering the effect once per player when a player walks into range within the same 10-15 seconds after deploying it. Alternately, we could go for the Mantis Med Tower approach. Restores would have a 30-60 second cooldown, but each would come with 2-4 charges that the player can trigger by manually interacting with it. The Restore would still time out once the cooldown has ended.

In either case, I feel that Restores being an infinite gear item but limited by combat mechanics would work better than the current "pizza spam" approach.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

They're fine as is. I'd advise against asking de to make any changes to these anyways because they will just make them worse.

Wouldn't be surprised if DE's already considering, if not in the process of working on, nerfing energy pads.

They're cheap, and the 100x blueprint exists now which makes crafting them a hell of a lot more convenient, just map them to a hotkey and spam them, enjoy the ability to do this before DE inevitably "fixes" it.

Edited by PollexMessier
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, PollexMessier said:

They're fine as is. I'd advise against asking de to make any changes to these anyways because they will just make them worse.

Wouldn't be surprised if DE's already considering, if not in the process of working on, nerfing energy pads.

They're cheap, and the 100x blueprint exists now which makes crafting them a hell of a lot more convenient, just map them to a hotkey and spam them, enjoy the ability to do this before DE inevitably "fixes" it.

The problem with 100x blueprint restores is irrelevant. Your feedback does not help users of restores.

8 minutes ago, TPtv said:

The problem with 100x blueprint restores is irrelevant. Your feedback does not help users of restores.

My point is DE's not going to make them better, they already see them as overpowered, and we all know what they eventually do to things they see as overpowered. Putting down more of them=faster pulses so just stock up on a ton and do that, before de decides to take that "privilege" away from us.

I would actually lean more in favor of removing those things entirely, because even with the relatively inefficient restore period, high-level players can spam them for infinite resources on-demand, especially Energy. When you have enough of the things, you don't even have to wait, because you get an instant amount of the resource on cast, and can cast without limit. The total restore duration could certainly be condensed down to something 5 seconds, with the full restore amount spread over then, but the items themselves can already be abused to trivialize resource restrictions.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Teridax68 said:

I would actually lean more in favor of removing those things entirely, because even with the relatively inefficient restore period, high-level players can spam them for infinite resources on-demand, especially Energy. When you have enough of the things, you don't even have to wait, because you get an instant amount of the resource on cast, and can cast without limit. The total restore duration could certainly be condensed down to something 5 seconds, with the full restore amount spread over then, but the items themselves can already be abused to trivialize resource restrictions.

Against it, its one of the reasons why i never bother to use anything than Zenurik.
NerfFrame has been constantly a topic lately and by the way, 100x Health Restore Large with Mutagen Samples, topping the Hema.

3 hours ago, Teridax68 said:

I don’t want them to be removed. In fact it’s a very good resource sink for Vets and New Players alike. It actually depleted my nano spores I accumulated for a year in just 10 minutes of crafting those 100x restores. It actually made me want to dust off my Nekros to go back farming resources like Newbie Me a long time ago.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

I don’t want them to be removed. In fact it’s a very good resource sink for Vets and New Players alike. It actually depleted my nano spores I accumulated for a year in just 10 minutes of crafting those 100x restores. It actually made me want to dust off my Nekros to go back farming resources like Newbie Me a long time ago.

Oh, don't get me wrong, the resource sink component is great, and I think it's good that we have some meaningful reason to farm certain resources even at a high level. My issue is more with the fact that the resulting items essentially break the Energy economy (when it's not broken already), such that it's worth questioning why Energy restrictions should even exist if they can be bypassed in such a manner. One cannot really ask for challenging endgame content, but also for a state of the game where one can spam overpowered abilities more or less for free.

Edited by Teridax68
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, TPtv said:

They require 30 seconds for maximum recovery. But waiting for this time is too inefficient.

Rather than dividing into four, you should rework them to recover them all at once.

They are already complete busted because they don't have a Cool down.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TPtv said:

I am a long time abuser of restores and the time/wait is fine, it is not overpowered in any way and the waiting trade-off is perfectly understandable and perfectly acceptable, esp for players that run a warframe that has a low energy reserve, "giving all the effect" at once would waste the pad, but in the normal pad operation they can spam/abuse some abilities per activation.

10 hours ago, Teridax68 said:

I suspect we've discussed this before so apologies for the repetition, but...

I'd personally like to see something of a middle-ground solution. Keep Squad Restores in the game, but redesign their mechanics so they're less spammable but also less of a pointless resource drain. Put them on a cooldown - say 30 seconds. Frontload their effect - full heal/sheild/energy/ammo buff immediately upon placing the Restore. For players who weren't in the circle at the time, leave the Restore object on the ground. Those players can either interact with it or walk over it to trigger the effect on themselves. Physical restore item on the ground despawns after 30 seconds - when a new one can be placed. Maybe also increase their total effect, as well, since we won't be spamming them by the dozen any more.

This does two things. Firstly, it limits Restores to a more sane retrigger rate, meaning their capacity can actually be balanced properly without entirely trivialising the Energy system. Secondly, it ensures that even low-level players who aren't sitting on eleventy billion of every resource can still get some kind of Squad Restore so they don't end up playing a broken version of Warframe where energy might as well not exist. And finally, limiting combat abilities by cooldown is to me always preferable over limiting them solely by resource sink.

And for the record, I'm not necessarily against completely invalidating Warframe's energy system, as I consider it an anti-fun mechanic with no upsides. However, I don't want this to happen by exploiting game mechanics and breaking game balance in the process. If we want to deal with Energy, that's a separate issue.

• 2 weeks later...