Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When are we actually going to get Wisps, and now Titanias, walking animatons avaliable for universal use?

TheGodofWiFi

In the latest Devstream, DE showed off Titania's new walking animation which is very similar to Wisp's. So we now have two new awesome movement animations exclusive to only two Warframes. When are we actually going to get these avaliable for universal use?

Edited by TheGodofWiFi
  • Like 3

Most likely it wont be universal use, even though I think it should be...you know how funny it would be seeing Grendal with wisps animations bright f@cking pink floating about being fabulous as hell?

They said they wouldnt be doing it universal and most likely it will only be for the warframes, like how hildryn has that dash instead of roll would be pretty cool to have, but its her exclusive.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

In the latest Devstream, DE showed off Titania's new walking animation which is very similar to Wisp's. So we now have two new awesome movement animations exclusive to only two Warframes. When are we actually going to get these avaliable for universal use?

When the community asks for it loudly enough most likely? It'll at least get it to happen the earliest. 

Otherwise we don't know, DE didn't say they were working on it or planning to work on it in the future. 

1 hour ago, Exlodian_Akitora said:

They said they wouldnt be doing it universal and most likely it will only be for the warframes, like how hildryn has that dash instead of roll would be pretty cool to have, but its her exclusive.

That's different though, Limbo and Hildryn's Dashes actually are a part of their powers. However, walking animations are a different story, as they're not tied to a warframes power set. I don't know why they don't seem to want to make the walking animations universal. The "uniqueness" argument kind of fell flat long ago when they made it possible for frames to use other frames animations in the first place and its not like we're using their powers.

1 hour ago, Zeyez said:

probably when they release the prime access, just like every other noble/agile stance of each warframe

You seem to misunderstand, I'm asking when the levitating/floating walking animations will be made avaliable for all warframes, not just exclusive to two warframes.

• Like 1

Never, according to the devs. And I personally hope it stays that way.

I already think it's actually the dumbest thing to use one Frame's animation on another. That Frame's animation set was made, for that Frame, to fit that Frame's personality, that Frame's body, that Frame to the core of it's design.

If I seen someone going around with a Grendel with Wisp's walking animation, I'd flip out. No. Wisp Grendel is illegal; Punishable by life in prison

• Like 13

hace 38 minutos, ThatGuyFromThatPlace32 dijo:

I already think it's actually the dumbest thing to use one Frame's animation on another. That Frame's animation set was made, for that Frame, to fit that Frame's personality, that Frame's body, that Frame to the core of it's design.

If I seen someone going around with a Grendel with Wisp's walking animation, I'd flip out. No. Wisp Grendel is illegal; Punishable by life in prison

Agree with this statement.

Also I think, somehow it would break DE spaghetti code.

1 hour ago, ThatGuyFromThatPlace32 said:

What annoys you so much about having more in-depth customisation options? It's great that you can use other frames animations because it allows you to express yourself more rather than just having to stick with th bog-standard animations the frame comes with, which you may not think looks good on the frame. It'd less interesting if each frame was restricted to only its default animations.

Having new walking animations would make it even better.

DE didn't say it would never happen and even if they ever did, they've said that sort of thing in the past, such as when the community asked for a universal vacuum. They initially said no, citing the same sort of reasoning you just did about how its unique to a certain thing. Then they ended up making Vacuum a universal mod.

Edited by TheGodofWiFi
  • Like 2

Never, I hope.

Last thing I need is some genius floating around with some pink, flying Hydroid or Rhino. That sh*t kills my immersion harder than anything else.

Like, the main reason I don't want their movement animations to be universal is the fact that people WILL abuse it by making unholy combinations that should be illegal.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HerpDerpy said:

Probably not any time soon. every time its been brought up they say its exclusive to their respective frame.

Like I said, I think that uniqueness logic was made redundant around Update 15 when they first made animations universal customisation options. It's a bit arbitrary to draw the line at this point.

2 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

Last thing I need is some genius floating around with some pink, flying Hydroid or Rhino. That sh*t kills my immersion harder than anything else.

So its not the fact that someone has a full-blown pink Rhino or hentai-themed Hydroid (whose theme is Davy Jones in Space by the way) running around, its the fact that they might be able to float that finally pushes you out of the game world...

Honestly I can't tell if you guys are joking or not. If you aren't then you have some really arbitrary boundries for immersion, as well as a weird sense of what needs to be "illegal" in the game.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

Like I said, I think that uniqueness logic was made redundant around Update 15 when they first made animations universal customisation options. It's a bit arbitrary to draw the line at this point.

and i think everyone should have titania'ss movement animation with rainbow skin and have fortnights dance animations, that also play edgy music while everyone has heart muzzle flashes /s

4 minutes ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

So its not the fact that someone has a full-blown pink Rhino or hentai-themed Hydroid (whose theme is Davy Jones in Space by the way) running around, its the fact that they might be able to float that finally pushes you out of the game world...

Honestly I can't tell if you guys are joking or not. If you aren't then you have some really arbitrary boundries for immersion, as well as a weird sense of what needs to be "illegal" in the game.

The only thing I'm joking about is the "Illegal" part
I don't know in what world a Pink, Floating, ass shaking (Wisp most certainly shakes her ass while moving) Grendel is "Expressing yourself", but, if you think it is... I don't know what to say

27 minutes ago, ThatGuyFromThatPlace32 said:

The only thing I'm joking about is the "Illegal" part
I don't know in what world a Pink, Floating, ass shaking (Wisp most certainly shakes her ass while moving) Grendel is "Expressing yourself", but, if you think it is... I don't know what to say

Then you clearly have some kind of issue going on to care this much about something that really doesn't matter. Who cares if someone uses a pink Grendel?

Also just for the record, Titania's new animation doesn't have an arse-shake unlike Wisps. So you can calm down about that one.

Edited by TheGodofWiFi
  • Like 1

I kinda like the walking animations being tied to a single warframe, it gives them a sense of individuality. I would rather have them put new ones for the current set of characters we have right now, like Oberon galloping like a horse, or Grendal walking tp conpinsate for his frontal weight.

Edited by (PS4)Darkrya
Typo
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Darkrya said:

I kinda like the walking animations being tied to a single warframe, it gives them a sense of individuality. I would rather have them put new ones for the current set of characters we have right now, like Oberon galloping like a horse, or Grendal walking tp conpinsate for his frontal weight.

I really don't buy the individuality viewpoint. What makes a frame unique on its own is its powers and its visual look. Those can stay exclusive, but animations have long been universal by this point.

I'm highly against making new walking animations if they were to be exclusive to certain frames. It removes a potential aspect of customisation, which is half the fun, from the game.

Edited by TheGodofWiFi

I am absolutely for adding walking animations to all frames. Why not? Why not give Wisp's walking animation to everyone? Give it the same price as the idles and people will buy it. Plus it adds a level of added customization to the game and gives DE another thing for us to buy. Seriously I see this as an absolute win for everyone involved.

And the idea that the walking animations make the frame more unique, that's really a poor argument. There's an immense amount of individuality in them in their designs already.

• Like 3

hace 5 horas, TheGodofWiFi dijo:

How?

idk i'm not coder, but for example, before self-dmg removal, i remember DE said they couldn't make Cautious Shot compatible with all primaries bc it would break the code and was way too hard. It sounds similar for me.. idk why