Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus Umbra and all warframes getting an umbra quest

1 hour ago, (PS4)Captain_Bonecold said:

All I want is every warframe to have an umbra.

Well, that one, specifically, DE have said no to.

The exact phrase was 'all warframes will have a Prime, but not all warframes will have an Umbra'. And given that the Forums updated with notes listed above, saying that there are no plans to even make an Umbra in the near future...

No. Every frame will not have an Umbra.

3 hours ago, (XB1)ALTBOULI said:

We need an Insros Umbra, Inaros is based off a real person lore wise so it would make more sense than some of the proposed frames

They're all based off real people, lore wise. The Sacrifice quest reveals that every Warframe was created by combining a human with the Helminth strain of infested (as in, the strain we have in our ship), which the Orokin thought would allow the humans to retain their minds instead of becoming part of the hive mind.

It failed, of course, but then every experiment by the Orokin ended up turning on them...

20 hours ago, Xaero said:

Yeah, I've mentioned it earlier. Though they have not introduced it yet because of massive negative feedback from community. Later they asked design council for ideas, and remain silent since then.

True but this was the same with Railjack, but we still got Railjack. All we know is that DE will do what they want if they want it bad enough. We just have to wait and see.

19 minutes ago, kwlingo said:

True but this was the same with Railjack, but we still got Railjack. All we know is that DE will do what they want if they want it bad enough. We just have to wait and see.

People weren’t against the passive ability itself, just didn’t like the way it was going to be implemented (time-limited stuff requiring constant grind while giving little benefit), so DE are remaking the system of acquiring it. I guess at least time-limited component will be removed.

1 hour ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

They're all based off real people, lore wise. The Sacrifice quest reveals that every Warframe was created by combining a human with the Helminth strain of infested (as in, the strain we have in our ship), which the Orokin thought would allow the humans to retain their minds instead of becoming part of the hive mind.

It failed, of course, but then every experiment by the Orokin ended up turning on them...

Not so sure, Lore wise we were told the Prime variants of a warframe were the original variants and its ballas who suggets that Warframes were originally people (whether he is telling the truth remains to be seen). Lore is still full of questions and mystery atm.

But going back to Inaros, he is referenced in the lore before he became a warframe, to my knowledge there aren't too many warframes that have this kind of background in regards to the original person (I think Limbo was another one, there might be more but off the top of my head these are the 2 I can think of)

3 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Please quote where, because he's referenced as a defender, but in the stories told he's still a Warframe at the time of the original legend.

Perhaps you should quote where it says he was a warframe

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Inaros

Lore here states he was a warrior who didnt approve of the Orkin abducting children and rebelled against them. There is no reference from what I have read to confirm he was already a warframe

On 2020-03-23 at 5:35 AM, Xaero said:

Can you provide the source?

The only official statements regarding Umbra warframes (other than Excalibur) I've ever seen (and most likely none other exist) are these.

1. Rebecca's forum post (July 20, 2015).

Specifically this part:

VzqjzYD.jpg

2. Devstream 58.

uvasoiQ.jpg

3. Devstream 125.

1Imm3Ga.jpg

That kinda is the point. It is a possibility. And honestly, if it ever comes to fruition, it will most definitely be Mag. Cuz she a starter frame and female (since the first one was male).

2 minutes ago, (PS4)thegarada said:

That kinda is the point. It is a possibility. And honestly, if it ever comes to fruition, it will most definitely be Mag. Cuz she a starter frame and female (since the first one was male).

That post was regarding the question of only starter frames being eligible for Umbra version. DE never stated that. And considering Umbra Forma addition, couple commonly available ways of dealing with Sentients and upcoming Echoes of Umbra (sentience passive for other frames), there's no need in new Umbra frames. Introducing them may even damage Prime Access purchases.

I'd totally love alternate 'Umbral' skins though.

1 hour ago, (XB1)ALTBOULI said:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Inaros

Lore here states he was a warrior who didnt approve of the Orkin abducting children and rebelled against them. There is no reference from what I have read to confirm he was already a warframe

if u play thru the sands of inaros quest, he was controlled by an operator(this doesn't mean it was a tenno because we don't know), and when they tried to wake up inaros because the orokin sent the infestation to wipe out everyone on mars, the owner of the warframe almost didn't show up because he was in argument with the orokin on how they were doing things and didn't know they even sent the infestation, he got there just in time to cause a sand storm that destroyed the infestation, baro ki'teer was there when it happened, and was saved by inaros  

Edited by (PS4)Spider_Enigma

2 hours ago, (XB1)ALTBOULI said:

Yeah sure, because unlike you, I seem to have actual quotes to back me up ^^

How about where they put his parts in the Sacred Vessels:

"The colonists took Inaros' battered body and hid its parts among the four Sacred Vessels to hide it from thieves and raiders."

And what we get out of those sacred vessels is... A Warframe.

Also that Inaros was not one of them to begin with:

"Inaros began not as our king, but as our enemy; a warrior of the Golden Skymen."

And there are only two types of warriors that we know of in the Lore that followed the Golden Skymen, the lesser races (like the Dax and Grineer), who were mortal and literally could not turn on their masters because of the Kuva that controlled them, and... The Warframes. Who canonically did turn on them.

There were no 'warriors of the skymen' that we know of, ever, that could do this:

"By the sand and stars, the Skymen raged. They set upon Inaros with their armies but none could prevail, for he commanded the sand, he commanded death. Inaros ate their fear and became stronger."

Inaros, the warframe, has the power to Devour the enemy, and command the sand.

Oh, and if that's not enough for you? How about this lovely quote:

"They found his glorious metal body, broken and still, lying in the sand."

A metal body. I wonder, oh how I wonder, what that could be? It's a Warframe. A Warframe, controlled by a Tenno, turned on the Orokin. Just like the other Tenno turned on the Orokin and fought, just like every other Orokin creation turns on them in the end.

So...

Where are your quotes that show he wasn't a Warframe?

23 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Yeah sure, because unlike you, I seem to have actual quotes to back me up ^^

How about where they put his parts in the Sacred Vessels:

"The colonists took Inaros' battered body and hid its parts among the four Sacred Vessels to hide it from thieves and raiders."

And what we get out of those sacred vessels is... A Warframe.

Also that Inaros was not one of them to begin with:

"Inaros began not as our king, but as our enemy; a warrior of the Golden Skymen."

And there are only two types of warriors that we know of in the Lore that followed the Golden Skymen, the lesser races (like the Dax and Grineer), who were mortal and literally could not turn on their masters because of the Kuva that controlled them, and... The Warframes. Who canonically did turn on them.

There were no 'warriors of the skymen' that we know of, ever, that could do this:

"By the sand and stars, the Skymen raged. They set upon Inaros with their armies but none could prevail, for he commanded the sand, he commanded death. Inaros ate their fear and became stronger."

Inaros, the warframe, has the power to Devour the enemy, and command the sand.

Oh, and if that's not enough for you? How about this lovely quote:

"They found his glorious metal body, broken and still, lying in the sand."

A metal body. I wonder, oh how I wonder, what that could be? It's a Warframe. A Warframe, controlled by a Tenno, turned on the Orokin. Just like the other Tenno turned on the Orokin and fought, just like every other Orokin creation turns on them in the end.

So...

Where are your quotes that show he wasn't a Warframe?

So you would prefer to throw a tantrum simply because I asked you to provide quotes? None of what you have said proves the original Inaros was a warframe but you can keep arguing if you like

11 minutes ago, (XB1)ALTBOULI said:

So you would prefer to throw a tantrum simply because I asked you to provide quotes? None of what you have said proves the original Inaros was a warframe but you can keep arguing if you like

Oh, so you're one of those.

Pack it up people, we've got the Warframe equivalent of a flat-earther.

1 hour ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Oh, so you're one of those.

Pack it up people, we've got the Warframe equivalent of a flat-earther.

Because I said you have given an example were original Inaros was confirmed to be a warframe? Lol you were the one saying all warframes were based on real people but now you deny this? 

I'm sorry you're so not hurt about this, not sure what I did to offend you but you clearly aren't mentally equipped to have a civil conversation here it seems.

No doubt you will try to reply just to have the last word

56 minutes ago, (XB1)ALTBOULI said:

Because I said you have given an example were original Inaros was confirmed to be a warframe? Lol you were the one saying all warframes were based on real people but now you deny this? 

Oh for RNGesus sake...

Warframes were made by the Orokin, they worked for the Orokin. Inaros was based on a human and the Helminth which, according to the Sacrifice quest, caused the skin of the host to become like Metal.

The fact that the people in the Inaros Quest literally state that he was not one of them, and I provided you with direct quotes to show that he was not just a 'warrior', he was made of metal, and they put the parts of his body into jars, which we open and find Warframe parts inside, means he was a Warframe.

Your own comment here:

8 hours ago, (XB1)ALTBOULI said:

he is referenced in the lore before he became a warframe

Is completely null and void, because nothing there says he was anything but a Warframe, a metal warrior of the 'golden skymen'. One that can control the sands and devour the fears of his foes.

How you've read this and thought this references him before he became a Warframe, I do not know.

There is nothing in the quest to state that he was anything but a Warframe, and a ton of quotes to say that he was.

4 hours ago, (PS4)DEVIL_HASASHI_X said:

Well I want FROST & EMBER UMBRA

Heh, with the naming scheme (Excalibur being a frame that blinds and has a sword of light, and 'Umbra' being the latin to mean 'shadow', or the opposite of the light) we could likely get a Frost Ignis and Ember Cindus. (Which would be much easier to say than 'ember umbra')

On 2020-03-22 at 1:56 PM, (PS4)Captain_Bonecold said:

Sad. I love umbra story. A pain,but wonderful crafted story.

its possible he will get an umbra given devs have stated repeatedly that more umbras will come, its just with the other stuff going on they are probably going to take a while also devs have stated its not likely they will be lore implicated like excal u was 

dev stream 125 and 58 are the exact sources of this so dont worry will will get them eventually(given excal u took 3+ years ..) 

Excalibur was my starter, and my main for a long time - loved revisiting him with Umbra and now Umbra is active again for all my sentient and RJ missions - nice revive!

Frost is way too cool (LOL) to have Umbra issues like Exalibur did

Valkyr is the obvious choice - the storyline is almost there already - but it would be too similar

Volt would be a great choice - I love him in his Proto skin - very Frankenstein - give some flavor to Volt!

Mag  = Tabula Rasa - Mag NEEDS story, and could be the very best one to revisit as Umbra

Trinity, as the ultimate support frame would have a big-sister schtick - no good for the vibe

Ember = DE is unforgiven. They made the most-est frame in the game a chicken-head, and then nerferd her into the ground - ah how the mighty have fallen. Is Umbra her shot at redemption?  Maybe, but that chickenhead and thunder-thighs have always been a barrier.

That leaves.... Vauban. Yep. Always getting left.

SO - DE reads my post and nods, then Mag or Volt are our best candidates for Umbra. Cheers! :redveil:

We already know how Warframes are made. That's what the Sacrifice is all about. 

On 2020-03-23 at 9:49 AM, (PS4)Captain_Bonecold said:

Maybe Nidus was not diseased at first. We need more on Nidus.

Maybe Mag wasn't magnetic at first. Nidus isn't special.