Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I consider quitting for good, feedback welcome.

Traumtulpe

On 2020-03-27 at 3:03 PM, TheJagji said:

The biggest problem I see with players burning out, is this wired need to 'get everything' = 'finished the game'. Warframe is not that kind of game. I think its a far better experience if you just played the game, doing what you want with what you like. IF you want to go 100 waves in an endless, go for it. If you want to just play Railjack, do it. At this point, MR wise, you really only need to be at about 16 to unlock everything, so once your there, take the foot of the accelerate, slow down and just have fun with your fav gear, even if its not insta killing S#&$.

You are right that, yes, you should only play a game when you enjoy it. You shouldn't feel any kind of dedication to it, like you need to play it. But you are wrong, because Warframe is that kind of game. It uses the same kinds of manipulative tricks that all "live service" games use to keep people playing for way longer than they should. Time limited events like Scarlet Spear to trigger FOMO, massive grinds to trigger the Sunk Cost Fallacy, and Pavlovian conditioning with a slow drip feed of rewards to trigger addiction.

Really, the idea of getting burnt out on playing a game, something that you should be doing entirely voluntarily because you enjoy it, is absurd. You should only ever get burnt out on something that you can't stop doing regardless of how tired of it you are. Like your job, or school. Normally, when you get bored of something fun, you just stop doing it, long before you start to hate it. But all the manipulative tricks that games like Warframe use to keep you playing make it feel more like a job than a game. So, you feel like you can never stop playing, and you get burnt out. And it sucks.

Warframe is all about the grind, and not much else. The entire reason I have pretty much completely quit at this point is because, as you suggest, I don't do parts I don't enjoy. Rivens aren't worth it, Arcanes aren't worth it, Nightwave isn't worth it, Kuva weapons are only barely worth it. Building a Railjack wasn't worth it either, and I wish I hadn't wasted my time on it. I only played Scarlet Spear for about ten minutes, yet I feel like I have seen all it offers, so farming points for the rewards isn't worth it. Its all just grinding for the sake of grinding. But there isn't much to do beyond that, is there? Every update is just five minutes of content that they try to stretch into a hundred hours with grinding.

Basically, Warframe doesn't respect your time, but it still wants to take it all from you. Its designed to keep you doing the same thing a thousand times just for the promise of some shiny new toy. But it doesn't matter if you are actually enjoying it or not. All DE needs to do is condition you to drool when they ring their new content bell.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Nehra96 said:

To discuss it with other players. Some make good points and help OP decide for themselves what's the best. If you can't see a reason, doesn't mean there is none. Or you consider yourself to be the know all, see all?

No just don’t go to a forum of a game and stand up and tell all members of that game I’m quitting then ask them to give me reasons to stay. 

I’m it’s on par with the massive text wall.  They posts about the time line of them playing then tell us why they are quitting. 

I don’t care, your not a big part of the community. Just quit walk away silently. If you don’t like the detection of the game post that. You don’t need to tell any one your quitting. You don’t know if you want to keep playing or not? Well figger it out because people can talk to you for hours about a painting but if you don’t like it you don’t like it. You can’t talk some one into liking something.

• Like 1

On 2020-03-28 at 8:31 AM, shadowstormr said:

Some people mention how some people make a big deal out of their relationship with the game and it's weird. While that is true, you need to recognize that this relationship has been carefully cultivated by the company over years and it's a thing companies do in this capitalist hellhole to gain consumer loyalty and retention. It's a very well established mode of branding and it works. So don't feel bad if you're hurting over this, you're supposed to. The healthiest thing to do is to recognize that this dynamic exists, and you need to be the one in control here. If quitting works for you then quit and you'll lose nothing over it, even though you'll feel the hurt from the time and money sunk into this. Otherwise take a break as is your pattern. DE currently seems content with straight up lying to player about what they are going to offer and what is to be expected so I don't think it's the same DE you appreciated way back when. Do what's best for you.

This the best response I've ever read to Players Quitting the game. Do you mind if I copy this response? lol

30 minutes ago, BDMblue said:

No just don’t go to a forum of a game and stand up and tell all members of that game I’m quitting then ask them to give me reasons to stay. 

I’m it’s on par with the massive text wall.  They posts about the time line of them playing then tell us why they are quitting. 

I don’t care, your not a big part of the community. Just quit walk away silently. If you don’t like the detection of the game post that. You don’t need to tell any one your quitting. You don’t know if you want to keep playing or not? Well figger it out because people can talk to you for hours about a painting but if you don’t like it you don’t like it. You can’t talk some one into liking something.

I think it's ironic that you think this post is about you. The truth is you and many others are feeling the same but people like you double down with words like "I don't care" and "You don't need to tell anyone your quitting" or my favorite...

"You can't talk some one into liking something"....

No one is talking people into about liking or disliking...anything. They are venting problems/frustrations about the game like what a forum is "supposed" to do. If you are so insecure about what other people think and are so adamant about how much you don't "care"....then don't post anything big man

1 hour ago, Samurai_Y said:

I think it's ironic that you think this post is about you. The truth is you and many others are feeling the same but people like you double down with words like "I don't care" and "You don't need to tell anyone your quitting" or my favorite...

"You can't talk some one into liking something"....

No one is talking people into about liking or disliking...anything. They are venting problems/frustrations about the game like what a forum is "supposed" to do. If you are so insecure about what other people think and are so adamant about how much you don't "care"....then don't post anything big man

What are you talking about?

and the last thing u said agrees with my 1st post.

i said why make a convoluted post about quitting when all you want is to talk about what you don’t like. Also how over the top and dramatic that is.

• Like 1

Make sure you do a back flip on the way out. Next update, I'll see you doing a front flip on the way in.

I've heard stories about people that leave. They wake up on a wagon bringing them back to Warframe. They eventually become a great adventurer. Level 100 Stealth and stuff. It's very strange. I don't really understand it either.

Edited by -BG-StormFighter117
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, BDMblue said:

said why make a convoluted post about quitting when all you want is to talk about what you don’t like. Also how over the top and dramatic that is.

Don't you think your 20+ posts in a thread like this whose content you abhor aren't over the top and a bit dramatic either? 😔

• Like 1

I needed a year off to enjoy the game again. I truly enjoy it now, and its current direction (RJ, liches, SS and everything). After Jovian Concord, I couldn't stand it. I remember finalizing my Wisp build and realizing there was literally nothing to do with it. Nothing. No reason to run Disruptions, even though it was a great game mode. Arbitration rewards were bad (now there is at least kuva and rivens). I was done with Eidolons. Nightwave wasn't real content, because it forced me to play crappy, outdated game modes. A year ago, I was crying about how there was no endgame. Now, there is some endgame content and I like it. I think RJ is off to a good start (after all the tweaks they did), and I could play it for 50-60 hours. I could do liches for 40 hours. In 300 hours, I might feel differently. I also feel WF is bloated AF and needs to be consolidated better, but I like all the new stuff. 

With Revised and melee 3.0, a lot of my favorite weapons got nerfed, some into uselessness. I would suggest to players not to invest so much time, resources, and energy into Rivens and weapons. There are always new, better toys. WF never lacks that. I'm using entirely different weapons now compared to a year ago...that's just what happens with games like this. Destiny 2 is no different in that sense. 

So yeah, sounds like you need a long break. Try other games. I played D2 for 600 hours, and a ton of single player games. 

Edited by Ikyr0

Considering I took a long, long hiatus because they were releasing new weapons way to quickly (it was burning me out, felt like they just kept releasing new shinies instead of focusing on the core game) I say do it. If you're not having fun you can't just force yourself. Just try coming back every now and then to see how you feel about the state of the game, maybe look out for new content that might compel you to come back.

On 2020-03-29 at 2:38 AM, Midas said:

7 year fan myself, I run a large community in Warframe. I said, “depending on how New War goes, I’ll decide if we’ll stay.” The first part of New War, Scarlet Spear is looking grim.

Yeah that's what I've decided too  since the lich up date.  I'v deleted and reinstalled in about 5 times. ..  I'm  just so tyed of the BS   new war delayed from Christmas.  Instead of just saying to your fans sorry it's not ready.   We get told" wArS hAvE sTaRtS"   game awards railjack announcement,  cause got to get they holiday money. ..  telling  your players your releasing it in 3  phase and then only dropping 2  ..  telling your Japanese fans in Tokyo you will be updating railjack with monthly expansions. Poeple forget that one. . Straight up lie. .and so on and so on...

Edited by (PS4)SolarPhantom82