Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I consider quitting for good, feedback welcome.

Traumtulpe

I started playing this game many years ago, stopped playing at some point, then came back. Took a break sometimes. I feel like taking a break now, but I am convinced that if I do, I will not come back this time.

So why do I feel like taking a break?

I am severely burned out on farming: I had to kill almost 30 liches until I got the weapon I wanted - with 28% damage. I got it up to 60% by now. I farmed all of Railjack and the Shedu, but I still don't have any of the relevant equipment for Railjack (and the Shedu got nerfed) - No Munitions Vortex, no Void Hole, no big reactor, no big health mod.

Anything I invest time in eventually becomes useless:

• 21 Magus Lockdown, I'd definitely have gotten something else had I known what would happen to it.
  • Rivens, I have one that I rolled over 60 times to get the desired stat high enough - now that stat has become entirely pointless. I am just banking hundreds of thousands of Kuva with no desire to waste it.
  • Weapons, 2 of my Archguns do nothing in Railjack, the third got nerfed by 50%. Many, many melee weapons I cherished for a long time got butchered by changes to stances, status, by balancing or by bugs that will never get fixed. I had a rivened Catchmoon and Tigris Prime. Weapons modded for gas, explosive weapons.

Recent updates have been nothing but disappointment: Liches are no nemesis, they are grind for weapons and Ephemera. Railjack is a single exterminate mission to grind, with no rewards. Scarlet Spear is grind with rewards blocked by bugs.

And why will I not come back?

Arcanes are the only thing I still need in this game. I stopped doing Eidolons when I had almost all the focus stuff, got sick of it. Scarlet Spear is the only chance I get to grab a full Arcane Energize. Skipping this event is giving up.

And I feel it is the right thing to do.

• Like 28

Just wait and play other games, and come back and check things out in a month or so. It is what I used to do. Nothing is set in stone in Warframe as anything can be put on the chopping block. If you take a break and don't come back to Warframe, it's not like all those good years of playing are just gone, they're good memories for nostalgia sake. 

• Like 4

I have no desire to do the current event, first since open beta. It's not a big deal to disappear for a extended period of time. Done so a few times. Min/maxing is always a tricky thing to invest in on a persistent 'for a service' game. It's bound to be adjusted eventually and silly to think it will last forever. WF has always been about Investing early, never know how fast or slow they will respond to metas.

• Like 2

No one is going to beg you to stay, so make your own decision and be done with it. Stop it with this pointless validation seeking.

Edited by Guest

7 minutes ago, Pr1A said:

No one is going to beg you to stay, so make your own decision and be done with it. Stop it with this pointless validation seeking.

This.

Looking to a game forum for life advice is simply not a terribly reliable way IME to get good data.

Personal Responcibility.

Do what makes you happy, do not look to others to make you happy, that's my outlook.

Edited by Zimzala
speeling
  • Like 1

I, took a break for almost a year, and came back 2 weeks ago... .

My advice is either 1 of these 2:

1. U need to take a break, sometimes those feeling of reaching out the untouched stuff can bring back memories. Or not. If it doesn't u dont need to force it.

2. Do whatever thing u can do that is not related to the core gameplay, which are mission, farming, and grinding. Fishing without the urgency of farm those for item building, have idle session, just chilling. Have a chit chat in community, whether in region chat or certain rooms. Do more forums if u feel like it. Feel the community stream of what it consists of by staring at the chat, eyeballing em. The point is, stop getting achievements for the game and start to chill out and do whatever you want with it.

I even bought Shawzin out of boredom... .

Hope that helps... .

• Like 1

Careful with playing other games, you might see even further Warframe's flaws and be even harder to come back (I say it from my own experience after playing since many years ago). I love Warframe, but there are no consistent rewards for grinding non-stop because of what you stated (I don't play meta, but anyways I feel that anything I can achieve and enjoy, will be gutted alive in a near or far future). For me, it started to feel just like a glorified aim-practice game and builds simulator. 

Love Warframe, love the story... but since some time ago, for me it just feels like an excelent piece of art; something you just watch and enjoy the artistic aspect of it. 

• Like 4

Take a break , you will either come back or you wont ,

If you come back it was a temporary phase.

If you dont you will have found something better to do.

dont treat the game as anything but that , a game, walk away get some distance et you heart grow fond.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

I started playing this game many years ago, stopped playing at some point, then came back. Took a break sometimes. I feel like taking a break now, but I am convinced that if I do, I will not come back this time.

I am severely burned out on farming: I had to kill almost 30 liches until I got the weapon I wanted - with 28% damage. I got it up to 60% by now. I farmed all of Railjack and the Shedu, but I still don't have any of the relevant equipment for Railjack (and the Shedu got nerfed) - No Munitions Vortex, no Void Hole, no big reactor, no big health mod.

• 21 Magus Lockdown, I'd definitely have gotten something else had I known what would happen to it.
  • Rivens, I have one that I rolled over 60 times to get the desired stat high enough - now that stat has become entirely pointless. I am just banking hundreds of thousands of Kuva with no desire to waste it.
  • Weapons, 2 of my Archguns do nothing in Railjack, the third got nerfed by 50%. Many, many melee weapons I cherished for a long time got butchered by changes to stances, status, by balancing or by bugs that will never get fixed. I had a rivened Catchmoon and Tigris Prime. Weapons modded for gas, explosive weapons.

Recent updates have been nothing but disappointment: Liches are no nemesis, they are grind for weapons and Ephemera. Railjack is a single exterminate mission to grind, with no rewards. Scarlet Spear is grind with rewards blocked by bugs.

Arcanes are the only thing I still need in this game. I stopped doing Eidolons when I had almost all the focus stuff, got sick of it. Scarlet Spear is the only chance I get to grab a full Arcane Energize. Skipping this event is giving up.

You get burned out because keep rushing and repeating it over and over instead of taking it at a slower pace, now wonder why.

• Like 1

In my experience, if you aren't looking at some kind of potential (a "what could be"), either because of too much grind or too many nerfs, you need a break. That could be most of the day. Most of the week. Most of your life. But if you aren't heading into Warframe thinking about tooling up a Glaive Prime to see how it performs or working toward the new weapons or finishing that Arcane collection, if you're thinking about the grind or lamenting the past where your Catchmoon could wipe maps with ease, you probably need a break.

Not just for OP, mind. That goes for anybody who gets frustrated at nerfs or changes or grinds. The flip-side of all of those is anticipation, and if you're on the wrong side of the fence, you should take a step back from whatever the source is and get on the right side.

#JustMyOpinion.org

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Traumtulpe said:

Arcanes are the only thing I still need in this game.

No one really "needs" arcanes.

Always seemed silly how luxury items (or even cosmetics) upset people to such high degree when playing games.

• Like 2

Rivens, I have one that I rolled over 60 times to get the desired stat high enough - now that stat has become entirely pointless. I am just banking hundreds of thousands of Kuva with no desire to waste it.

I really feel bad for those who even acknowledge the existence of Rivens considering how DE handles these mods. Investing hundreds of hours into items, of which purpose is being OP, get nerfed into pure garbage because they are OP. I wouldn't and will not touch those things with a 30 meter pole.

Edit: and considering how the f*cking stars have to align for one to get a good riven, locked behind endless layers of RNG, i'm amazed that there are people who bother with this thing

Edited by Sovyul
  • Like 2

I feel the same way. The for the last three or so years, I played daily. Did the sortie at the very least, often much more. But the recent changes (and by recent I mean like the last year or two) plus this event... man, that was the last straw. I'm done being lied to. I haven't even started the game up in the last couple days and it feels incredibly liberating. Only in retrospect I realize that what had started out as fun all those years ago was transformed, mostly by DE's misguided design decisions, into something that felt like a chore, like a job, precisely what videogames are supposed to be an escape from.

Do it. You will not regret it.

• Like 4

There sure are a lot of poeple that play games as if they are GFs/BFs and from my POV seem to think they are actually breaking up with someone when they stop play a game.

Kind of bizarre form my POV, really.

It's just a game, play it while fun, move on when it's not, it's not long term relationship, no weddings, no funerals...

• Like 6

I know how you feel. They don't seem to have learned about their mistakes and they seem comfortable lying to us now. It's disappointing, almost insulting, everything they've tried to pull in the past few big updates..

• Like 1

Some people mention how some people make a big deal out of their relationship with the game and it's weird. While that is true, you need to recognize that this relationship has been carefully cultivated by the company over years and it's a thing companies do in this capitalist hellhole to gain consumer loyalty and retention. It's a very well established mode of branding and it works. So don't feel bad if you're hurting over this, you're supposed to. The healthiest thing to do is to recognize that this dynamic exists, and you need to be the one in control here. If quitting works for you then quit and you'll lose nothing over it, even though you'll feel the hurt from the time and money sunk into this. Otherwise take a break as is your pattern. DE currently seems content with straight up lying to player about what they are going to offer and what is to be expected so I don't think it's the same DE you appreciated way back when. Do what's best for you.

• Like 8