Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I consider quitting for good, feedback welcome.

Traumtulpe

Feedback welcome? Well, let's go.

1- Warframe is never gonna evolve cause of community, anything difficult or that require coop will be nerfed because community will cry.

2- Progressing in tthe game is pointless, since all your effort is going to get nerfed to the ground with no reason (riven, loudouts, new mechanics that make your Warframes pointless)

3- Bugs stay too long in the game, like years, there are eidolons bugs and Profit taker bugs that are more than 1 year old.

4- The game has no direction, the only saving is to totally 2.0 the game, which will not happen.

5- Killing its own economy with S#&$ events

Edited by MPonder

It's healthy to look at what you're doing any why you're doing it, and if there aren't any good answers to those then just not playing is a perfectly valid conclusion.

Walking away is always available, it's not really comparable to personal relationships.  There's really no need to be dramatic about it.

• Like 1

The biggest problem I see with players burning out, is this wired need to 'get everything' = 'finished the game'. Warframe is not that kind of game. I think its a far better experience if you just played the game, doing what you want with what you like. IF you want to go 100 waves in an endless, go for it. If you want to just play Railjack, do it. At this point, MR wise, you really only need to be at about 16 to unlock everything, so once your there, take the foot of the accelerate, slow down and just have fun with your fav gear, even if its not insta killing S#&$.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TheJagji said:

The biggest problem I see with players burning out, is this wired need to 'get everything' = 'finished the game'. Warframe is not that kind of game. I think its a far better experience if you just played the game, doing what you want with what you like. IF you want to go 100 waves in an endless, go for it. If you want to just play Railjack, do it. At this point, MR wise, you really only need to be at about 16 to unlock everything, so once your there, take the foot of the accelerate, slow down and just have fun with your fav gear, even if its not insta killing S#&$.

IMO, this is the way to play all games.

IMO, players burn themsleves out, no one is forcing anyone to play games, beyond the wild stories we heard about prisinors in some countries forced to play games for RMT...

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Traumtulpe:

Anything I invest time in eventually becomes useless:

I guess that is the blessing and curse of Warframe. 

Blessing because new weapons, mods and stat changes are the carrot on a stick for active players.

Curse because returning players are noobs in terms of most changes and their once top-tier weapons are just a shadow of their former glory. 

Anything I invest time in eventually becomes useless”

Agree on this. Wasted thousands of hours to build the meta builds that end up nerfed/destroyed by DE’s newly hired accountants. Most builds messed up. Favorite mechanics of many weapons nerfed to become trash that has absolutely no fun. 

47 minutes ago, George_PPS said:

Anything I invest time in eventually becomes useless”

Agree on this. Wasted thousands of hours to build the meta builds that end up nerfed/destroyed by DE’s newly hired accountants. Most builds messed up. Favorite mechanics of many weapons nerfed to become trash that has absolutely no fun. 

The transient nature of things has helped me settle into not rushing getting The Best of the Best. “Why rush to the meta when it can and should be changed?” I ask myself.

See you around, @Traumtulpe, and I mean that in a friendly way.

If you’re worried about not being one of the player count numbers, there are far more damaging things you can do to DE. Like contribute to hate.

So don’t worry 👍

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

18 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

Anything I invest time in eventually becomes useless

This is one of the things pissing me off the hardest with all the recent nerfs.  Truth be told, I only ever use Lockdown as CC.  Unless you spam it in place a dozen times the damage is trash for just 1 or 2 tether mines.  I get that.  I do.  I get it will still CC up to 20 enemies and I never used the damage anyway.  But it's still another goddamn nerf.  I am so unbelievably sick to death of being nerfed.  #*!%ing tired of it.  Tired of it to the point where I read Lockdown was getting nerfed and just quit playing for another week.  I'm sick ot it.  I dump forma or kuva into something, which takes a lot of damn time, and then some dev on a whim is like "my magic spreadsheet said we need cram this bowling pin up your rear end." and the things I liked get screwed over.  

I NEVER EVEN SAW ANYONE WITH AN ASTILLA IN A MISSION BUT ME, DE.  WHY DID IT NEED FALL OFF?  WHAT THE EVERLOVING #*!%?

You want to nerf something go nerf the BS that is Nullifiers, and the fact that they can brush up against you through a goddamn wall and instantly remove all abilities, including the defensive abilities you had up which might be the only thing that lets a squishy warframe survive.  Go nerf the knockdown spam.  Go fix the fact that the self-stagger recover maneuver just doesn't work, regardless of when you hit the button.  Go do literally anything but nerf the players for the billionth time just this year.  It is beyond old and I swear to christ I'm just flat out uninstalling this damn game along with OP if you keep nerfing the players.  

There is a reason why there is a very common phrase on the subreddit: "DE hates fun."

• Like 2

Leave and don't come back and it'll be fine. I used to login religiously until the Kuva Lich's reared their ugly head. Then I started signing on every other day and now not at all unless baro comes on and I just want something to look at. I'll browse his stuff and leave, I don't use the discount on purchases I'll get so many of whenever I do sign on.

The game started to feel like too much of a part time time and especially right now? With a lot of people struggling, it shouldn't be that big of a deal. If DE has to struggle with the rest of them and they realize they're doing something wrong as more people do it then... that's a good right, right?

I think their whole formula contributes to them making decisions their biggest fans don't like because there's so much artificial attention this game gets. By artificial attention, , I mean people who sign in like clockwork for the login bonus every day, it's good to break the habit since you'll get invested in other games and look at Warframe wondering why you put up with some of the issues for so long. As of right now I just keep an eye on the forums to see if things change or if there are any signs of it changing but I'm pretty over actually playing the game and you know what? That's fine, I only say that because a lot of people treat games they've played this long like it's part of their identity, it's just a game. Like any other game, if you're not feeling it anymore, your time is better off spent elsewhere. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

I started playing this game many years ago, stopped playing at some point, then came back. Took a break sometimes. I feel like taking a break now, but I am convinced that if I do, I will not come back this time.

So why do I feel like taking a break?

I am severely burned out on farming: I had to kill almost 30 liches until I got the weapon I wanted - with 28% damage. I got it up to 60% by now. I farmed all of Railjack and the Shedu, but I still don't have any of the relevant equipment for Railjack (and the Shedu got nerfed) - No Munitions Vortex, no Void Hole, no big reactor, no big health mod.

Anything I invest time in eventually becomes useless:

• 21 Magus Lockdown, I'd definitely have gotten something else had I known what would happen to it.
  • Rivens, I have one that I rolled over 60 times to get the desired stat high enough - now that stat has become entirely pointless. I am just banking hundreds of thousands of Kuva with no desire to waste it.
  • Weapons, 2 of my Archguns do nothing in Railjack, the third got nerfed by 50%. Many, many melee weapons I cherished for a long time got butchered by changes to stances, status, by balancing or by bugs that will never get fixed. I had a rivened Catchmoon and Tigris Prime. Weapons modded for gas, explosive weapons.

Recent updates have been nothing but disappointment: Liches are no nemesis, they are grind for weapons and Ephemera. Railjack is a single exterminate mission to grind, with no rewards. Scarlet Spear is grind with rewards blocked by bugs.

And why will I not come back?

Arcanes are the only thing I still need in this game. I stopped doing Eidolons when I had almost all the focus stuff, got sick of it. Scarlet Spear is the only chance I get to grab a full Arcane Energize. Skipping this event is giving up.

And I feel it is the right thing to do.

7 year fan myself, I run a large community in Warframe. I said, “depending on how New War goes, I’ll decide if we’ll stay.” The first part of New War, Scarlet Spear is looking grim.

Edited by Midas
  • Like 1

Do it. At long last, you will be free.

Also,

21 hours ago, fx25v said:

and they seem comfortable lying to us now.

Oh, that's not new. The first major occurrence was way back in 2013 when people were pointing out how rare forma was. DE said "no, everything's fine" right up until the point at which someone extracted the drop tables and explicitly pointed out that the drop chance was miniscule (as in: original was 16%, new was 1%). The response at that point was some half-mumbled crap about interns. Not many updates afterwards, the drop table data was found to be mysteriously encrypted when people opened up the data files. Funny, that.

The major one for me was on Loki Prime's release, back when T4 void keys were introduced. They stated "we're introducing these because of drop table dilution".

BullS#&$.

If they wanted to fix drop table dilution, they'd have removed the useless trash like orokin cells and fusion cores (and possibly other void keys?) that void missions gave you instead of rewards. That made me absolutely furious. The one thing I hate more than anything else is blatant lying.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DoomFruit said:

Do it. At long last, you will be free.

Also,

Oh, that's not new. The first major occurrence was way back in 2013 when people were pointing out how rare forma was. DE said "no, everything's fine" right up until the point at which someone extracted the drop tables and explicitly pointed out that the drop chance was miniscule (as in: original was 16%, new was 1%). The response at that point was some half-mumbled crap about interns. Not many updates afterwards, the drop table data was found to be mysteriously encrypted when people opened up the data files. Funny, that.

The major one for me was on Loki Prime's release, back when T4 void keys were introduced. They stated "we're introducing these because of drop table dilution".

BullS#&$.

If they wanted to fix drop table dilution, they'd have removed the useless trash like orokin cells and fusion cores (and possibly other void keys?) that void missions gave you instead of rewards. That made me absolutely furious. The one thing I hate more than anything else is blatant lying.

Interesting, it seems there's more to it than I thought

There it is. I've always wondered why no one ever brings this up. That investment is no joke.

Take the Mara Detron. Popular weapon. Longtime fan-favorite. I got off relatively easy. I'm just out a potato, four forma, and an exilus unlock. I feel bad for the people who had rivens.

• Like 2

On 2020-03-27 at 5:03 PM, TheJagji said:

I think the guy brought up some legitimate concerns. I see no evidence that he "burned himself out." As far as I can tell, he approached the game normally.

His key point was:

This applies to any amount of time or any MR. Go fast, go slow. Either way, you spend time developing a loadout. Concern for what becomes of it is perfectly reasonable.

• Like 1

why I  left Warframe is simple, it has no cohesiveness and simply not fun as it once was. back in the early facebook years I used to play farm/castleville, warframe is the same only with more bugs coupled with ridiculous time gates with no direction of what it wants to be.

what a waste:thinking:

• Like 1

What’s the point of this forum post? To tell DE in some convoluted way what you don’t like?

Other then that I can’t see a reason these threads get made. I quit LOL Path of exil. Did not write to the forum I just stopped playing. 

On 2020-03-27 at 10:46 PM, Traumtulpe said:

Recent updates have been nothing but disappointment

I am done myself bruh. Left when I saw DE wasn't in any mood to stop limbo cheese of pub SS missions and heavy punishment to solo players just cuz they think everyone should do public runs (when half of them are bugged and I got nothing out of them). So what's the tl;dr... You gotta go one day, so why prolong this rng-timegate-cheese-suffering! 

1 hour ago, BDMblue said:

Other then that I can’t see a reason these threads get made.

To discuss it with other players. Some make good points and help OP decide for themselves what's the best. If you can't see a reason, doesn't mean there is none. Or you consider yourself to be the know all, see all?

Considering I "quit" 5 years or so ago than came back a couple months I'd just say that you should just consider taking a break.

Everything will be there for you when you get back, you'll just have to catch up on any content that you missed. The only "downside" to taking a break is you'll probably miss out on event items, but them's the breaks.

If Warframe is not fun for you, then no matter what people say to you, you would just quit anyway. 

I consider myself a casual player. I login not to rush to get the latest OP gear, I login to...make new mandachords, breed a new Kubrow, master Twinkle Twinkle on the Shawzin. I do grind but at a very slow pace. I can't tell you to do all these because these might bore you in 1 second. This game isn't meant for you to get to end game in a few days anyway so why all the frustration?

Warframe will not go away anytime soon, so you are welcome to join us again in the future. Stay safe, Tenno.