Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Killing High Level Sentients 2020 (Op Scarlet Spear)

CatboyPrincess

Question

What are the cheesiest/fastest/best/most effective ways to kill high level Sentients in 2020, especially in the context of Operation Scarlet Spear?

Solo and team setups both acceptable, though solo preferred.

They are status immune, so that's out of the question immediately.

Personally, I've been using Banshee with 1 augment and Frost with 4 armour strip. These strip their armour. Banshee can deal even more damage through Sonar. Frost can also defend the objective.

Thing is, I don't want to constantly be playing Banshee or Frost. Nor Limbo, nor Chroma, nor Mesa.

I know that narrows down the options, but if you've found creative ways to squash these bugs, please do share.

Mesa + Vauban, Bastille to hold them and strip armor within 10 seconds, Mesa to just AimBot (Vauban or Mesa could take the redeemer for the Condrix).

Limbo is only really necessary for keeping the "OpLink" safe.

4th frame can be anything else the team could need, maybe Wisp to boost survivability and Mesa's BRRRRRRT, or Nova for mass Slow of the Pillok's troops (they're just a nuisance), or a 2nd mesa, or a dedicated condrix DPS, or really, anything that adds to the team.

Edited by SocialFox
  • Like 1

For damage? Khora with a good setup for her no.1 does pretty good AoE damage, her 2 also works (briefly) on sentients. Hildryn can strip armor (spam 2) and then just smack them with the paracesis or something (though you would need to use something like Magus Anomaly on your operator to cluster enemies). Mag can strip armour with a combination of her 4 and 2, and then bubble them to finish off (though watch out, her 4 closes the Condrix). Baruuk's 4 should work ok once you get it going. Trin can strip armour with her link augment.

Unless I'm missing something, Vauban can only CC Symbilysts (not that common) and Brachiolysts (weak anyway).

Edited by schilds

4 minutes ago, schilds said:

For damage? Khora with a good setup for her no.1 does pretty good AoE damage, her 2 also works (briefly) on sentients. Hildryn can strip armor (spam 2) and then just smack them with the paracesis or something (though you would need to use something like Magus Anomaly on your operator to cluster enemies). Mag can strip armour with a combination of her 4 and 2, and then bubble them to finish off (though watch out, her 4 closes the Condrix).

Unless I'm missing something, Vauban can only CC Symbilysts (not that common) and Brachiolysts (weak anyway).

Didn't notice that, tnx for pointing that out, but his bastille also grants up to 1000 armor to anyone in range, so he adds a bit of survivability.

I prefer hammer time with Sacrificial Pressure & Sacrificial Steel to do additional damage to sentients. Warframes of choice are Atlas P, Rhino P or Gara.

Any hammer will do but my favorites are Fragor Prime or Kuva Shildeg with Sacrificial Pressure, Sacrificial Steel, Primed Reach, Primed Fury, Organ Shatterer & Drifting Contact for high crit and good status. Final two slots are for the elemental combination of your choice. 

For warframe survivability equip those umbral mods to gain more Tau Resistance. 

Edited by k05h

Dang, I feel like a dweeb. I been using Umbra with Rubico Prime, Nukor, and Paracesis.

My umbra is built like a tank with some range and effiicency for his Howl. His survivabiity and effectivesness is great, but idk if I could cause it cheese, and I know the OP is asking about "high level" - but as far as Iv'e gone before oplink deaths occurring, he's' been real good. I play with some Rhinos that struggle a lot more.

Edited by Canach

9 hours ago, Canach said:

Dang, I feel like a dweeb. I been using Umbra with Rubico Prime, Nukor, and Paracesis.

My umbra is built like a tank with some range and effiicency for his Howl. His survivabiity and effectivesness is great, but idk if I could cause it cheese, and I know the OP is asking about "high level" - but as far as Iv'e gone before oplink deaths occurring, he's' been real good. I play with some Rhinos that struggle a lot more.

As long as you're having fun 😄

The meta with Limbo is mind-numbingly boring. So I appreciate your suggestion!

On 2020-03-30 at 10:32 AM, SocialFox said:

Didn't notice that, tnx for pointing that out, but his bastille also grants up to 1000 armor to anyone in range, so he adds a bit of survivability.

this, and with repelling bastille you wont see any sentients inside the bastill until 8th or 9th condrix 

On 2020-03-30 at 8:55 AM, Gwyndolin-chan said:

What are the cheesiest/fastest/best/most effective ways to kill high level Sentients in 2020, especially in the context of Operation Scarlet Spear?

Mesa peacemakers, Redeemer prime heavy attack/hybrid builds (utilising 1-2 sacrificial mods), Plague Zaw Exodia Contagion, Chroma/Mirage wtih any good weapon.

The hardest time you will have with Aerolysts, because they offer different mechanic of killing then "shot it anywhere". 

In addition to its damage adaptation, it is immune to harm until the eight canisters surrounding its torso are destroyed.

That means also canisters on his back.

Also many people do not understand faulty WF mechanics that prevents invulnerable (grey hp bar) update when stasis/root/paralyze any form is applied (magus lockdown, limbo stasis, frost freeze, khora trap etc.). Best way i find to deal with them is using your amp - not only it resets their damage gates, but also most useful amps have some kind of body penetration/explosive aoe, so you do not need to bother aiming at his back. Need to  communicate to your CCers to release their CC or the HP bar will not update.

Edited by Zakkhar

For the Aerolysts I found opticor vandal to pretty much shred them with 2-3 shots(it destroys most of the cannisters in the first shot). I suppose with the normal opticor it will be even faster but I can't bare the charge time.Catchmoon works too but I found it a little slower when they go 130+lv as for opticor it was the same.
For the other ones anything with a good damage works.
For the eye the most confortable one for me is exodia.

Edited by vegetosayajin

On 2020-03-30 at 2:55 AM, Gwyndolin-chan said:

You know those mods that say "FOR USE ON SENTIENTS?" Those work pretty good.

Alright, just kidding. I'm saying use Sacrificial Pressure & Sacrificial Steel.

I went with the Redeemer Prime. Sacrificial mods in a standard heavy attack build -- Killing Blow, Corrupt Charge, crit damage, attack speed. Corrosive worked for me. No riven. Very effective against everying in the ground mission including the condrix.

But not the Aerolist. You'll need something else for that guy.

8 hours ago, ILOHARTA said:

ground mission: Frost, Nova, any CC Frame, heavy damage dealer

space mission: Limbo + random stuff

Would Gara work instead of Frost?

CC frame - does Volt scale enough damage at the higher levels?

I have all frame sand weapons. But just interested.

Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.

Level 100+ sentient targets.

Solution: Shattering impact. Yes, impact is useful and slash is garbage. That is all, good day.

Defense. 

Solution: Hildryn built for max range and using 4. Can cc mobs and lock down 2 maybe 3 lanes.

Volt's shields, can be used for defense and dps increase.

Khora with a hard target CC (2) 

Banshee (untested) Built for 2 and 4.

Nova for debuff from 4, very effective.

Wisp specialized for 1 and 3, rather effective.

• Like 1

since Sentients are all Health Gated (4x), then something that does decent Damage per Shot is pretty much already maxed out in performance, so then all you really need is something that makes a good balance between good Damage per Shot, and Fire Rate.
having two 'main' Damage Types doesn't hurt either, as then by the time the Sentient has resisted one Damage Type, the other will still Kill it anyways.

don't really need much else if you ask me, because of those Health Gates scaling your Damage up doesn't really work well. though if your Weaponry doesn't fare quite as well as mine does, you can have a Damage buff of some sort to help with that. maybe Vigorous Swap, maybe Avenger, or a Damage Multiplying Ability.

defensive wise you can make do with most anything that will block projectiles, being able to apply some CC to the Sentients is helpful too, to further limit how much they can attack.

20 minutes ago, (PS4)Deadmennwalking said:

does Volt scale enough damage at the higher levels?

Volt could, between Shock Trooper and Electric Shield you can give a pretty significant Damage Multiplier to yourself. works considerably better if your Weapon is also base Elemental.

I duoed till cap with a frost (guy who's job was just to protect the oplinks) and I used Octavia to do it, her damage scales off the mob itself so it just kills them all. Mesa is good but starts taking a bit long to kill into the mid double digits, and Inaros can cheese by just pocket sanding and pressing X/

8 hours ago, (PS4)Deadmennwalking said:

CC frame - does Volt scale enough damage at the higher levels?

I have all frame sand weapons. But just interested.

Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.

Gara: while it MAY work, I would not encourage her use on that particular type of mission, because the oplinks would still get hurt by high AoE damage spikes from two types of Sentients (I think their names are Conculyst and Brachiolyst).

Volt: yes, abundantly so. I've been in more than one mission with no Limbo or Frost, and Volt was performing well (still, the oplinks got damaged, and almost destroyed in the last wave).

May the Riven be with you

I’d say it’s the limbo+crit zaw with exodia  contagion. You keep the bubble up all the time (2+4). So you can cc the sentients for some time as well as attack the condrix as exodus contagion bypasses rift. Any zaw focused on crit and base damage with a good setup(both sacrificial mods, spoiled strike, organ shatter, gladiator might, primed fury/berserker,corrosive(voltaic strike+primed fever strike)). This can be used for solo as well as team. It takes only 1-2 attacks even for the last condrix if you are attacking from >30m. Basically a limbo+any other sentient killer(preferably mesa) duo is enough to do it in fastest time.

On 2020-03-31 at 9:40 PM, (PS4)Deadmennwalking said:

Yes, Gara's Mass Vitrify stops all of them (but won't stop Battalyst or Conculyst attacks... just freezes them in place). It's clunky to use for CC though.

On 2020-04-18 at 11:26 PM, schilds said:

Gara works fine. You use Splinter Storm on the oplinks in addition to Mass Vitrify. However she has to actively keep it refreshed, so she's more energy intensive and a bit busier to play.

I almost use her exclusively. When I get it right, by the time we get to wave 14, I am over 300k damage on splinters. My range is 181 so when it's time to drop the oplinks, I cast a full range Mass Vitrify. It pretty much covers the whole map and blocks all entrances. With all the Grineer I solidify, the wall's health is ridiculous. They do not break through it before the upload finishes. The team can safely run to the next spot. I just cast shards on two, sometimes three if they are spaced weird, of the links to keep them all protected.

Vitrifying the sentients is very satisfying. The sound of broken glass everywhere as the team pummels them into powder is music to my ears.