Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx- Your desired reworks/tweaks/changes

(XBOX)AMONGTHEWEAK

Just now, Hexsing said:

Agreed on most parts.  Assimilate should be already baked in. But this power has saved my life and my teammates lives a few times.  So tweak Yes.

I always thought it should have a charm effect to get enemies around you for the nuke.

Absorb, maybe, Assimilate, nah. My fiancé legit stood behind me to revive her Kubrow and the enemies shot through my Assimilate bubble and downed her as well.

I believe it used to work but doesn't now for some reason.

Now, I agree that Assimilate should be build in.

I really like this idea about Assimilate by @Xepthrichros

4) Turn the augment, Assimilate, into the default ability. On pressing 4, Nyx enters damage absorption mode, walking around slowly,while retaining ability to attack and use melee. On pressing 4 again, she deactivates her power while blasting out accumulated damage. If absorption mode is active, and player presses and holds 4, Nyx adopts the floating meditation pose, where she can channel more energy to multiply the damage she has already stored, while increasing range of the resulting explosion. 

On 2020-04-07 at 1:21 AM, Bakahung said:

I do post a rework idea for her several month ago , focus on improving her current power without changing much .

Here

My opinion didn't change much , but I do considered a little change.

In my post , I said give Nyx's Absorb a taunt feature , but that didn't take in a count the energy cost and Assimilate build.

So , I would like to see a drastic decrease of energy cost per damage , and disable the taunt while using the augment .

P.s.The flavor of Mind Control's augment is Nyx will order her target to take the hit for her 😄 I really like it personally.

Your link has been posted to the OP, sorry I haven't been around in a few days. Was sick yesterday so I was not at my work computer to be able to check on all the threads. 

3 minutes ago, (XB1)AMONGTHEWEAK said:

Your link has been posted to the OP, sorry I haven't been around in a few days. Was sick yesterday so I was not at my work computer to be able to check on all the threads. 

Thx a lot 😄

Also it's 100% fine . Take time for yourself 👼

• 2 weeks later...

Taking this thread down, because making a thread for the sole purpose of regrouping everyone feedback in a single thread is not allowed as far as I know. That's considered as advertising other threads. It's not supposed to be allowed.

Sorry to be the party crasher here. Sorry Nyx mains. 😞

4 hours ago, LascarCapable said:

Good news : I'm reopening this thread. :)

Had a talk with other moderators and they were in favor with reopening it.

Sorry for slowing you guys down. No hard feelings I hope.

It's alright, now just lets hope Nyx will get her rework that she deserves.🙏

This is good.  Nyx is way to important to close this thread.  Some tweaks are definitely in order.  

My big fear is the Vouban rework. I really don't want Nyx to have a nuke for example.  

One thing I was thinking while I was using some forma on Garuda.  

2)  psychic bolts: (Pacifying Bolts)

Right now in its current state this ability is Awesome.  But what would make it better.

What if the quick cast was 6 bolts as it is now.  But....if we charged it like Garuda's 4 we doubled the bolts and got that hover effect.   So a full press would create a psychic themed reticle that expanded. Sending out more bolts the longer you press.   

If you we're midair and popped Nyx's 4 you could remain hovering while you unlease your bolts.   These would have a seeking property at max charge with an increase to energy use to make it not OP.  Or not.  Because you are charging it.  So it does pose a risk.

1 minute ago, Hexsing said:

This is good.  Nyx is way to important to close this thread.  Some tweaks are definitely in order.  

My big fear is the Vouban rework. I really don't want Nyx to have a nuke for example.  

One thing I was thinking while I was using some forma on Garuda.  

2)  psychic bolts: (Pacifying Bolts)

Right now in its current state this ability is Awesome.  But what would make it better.

What if the quick cast was 6 bolts as it is now.  But....if we charged it like Garuda's 4 we doubled the bolts and got that hover effect.   So a full press would create a psychic themed reticle that expanded. Sending out more bolts the longer you press.   

If you we're midair and popped Nyx's 4 you could remain hovering while you unlease your bolts.   These would have a seeking property at max charge with an increase to energy use to make it not OP.  Or not.  Because you are charging it.  So it does pose a risk.

it would be good too for the bolts to not hit the same target, and recasting would not disable the debuff on the already effected targets. as well as every other of her abilities needs changes because they are very underwhelming especially absorb only absorbing 10% of the incoming damage.

32 minutes ago, AltairFerenc said:

it would be good too for the bolts to not hit the same target, and recasting would not disable the debuff on the already effected targets. as well as every other of her abilities needs changes because they are very underwhelming especially absorb only absorbing 10% of the incoming damage.

I agree.  They should target those not already affected.

@LascarCapable

Thank you for unlocking the thread. 💜

@Hexsing

I'd like to follow up on the Psychic Bolts discussion.

I'm trying to remember all the suggestions we have in here and combine them together, but make sure the abilities are not OP, don't change Nyx's theme and have synergy.

So far, the best ideas for this ability put together would make it look like this:

Psychic Bolts

Minor tweaks:

1. Make the Bolts prioritize enemies with higher shields and armour and dangerous enemies.

2. Make sure the Bolts don't hit the same target.

3. Make one Bolt hit the enemy Nyx is looking/aiming at regardless of where (as long as it's within range) or what the enemy is (unless it's immune).

These are fine as they are and could be implemented even as a patch without any major changes or extra work (not so sure about 3 tbh).

Major tweaks:

1. Psychic Bolts so damage.

The more I think about this, the less I like it. They already provide complete armor and shield stripping, with CC augment.

2. Recasting doesn't remove the debuff.

This sounds great on paper, but in reality it would make you spam this ability all the time.

3. Psychic Bolts orbit Nyx and provide damage reduction.

As long as Nyx has her current 4, she doesn't need damage reduction, plus it would be ineffective as long as enemies are around her, totally beating the purpose.

4. Increase the number of Bolts (scale with Ability Strength).

This is fine as long as the number is modest. Let's say 10 max. It would require some live testing.

My personal take on this is to borrow another suggestions we have here and combine them.

Since Psychic cost 75 Energy, they should offer more than they do.

My amalgam idea is this:

All of the Minor Tweaks above, plus...

Default number of Psychic Bolts reduced to 4, with each 15% of Ability Strength spawning 1 Bolt to max of 10 at 190% Ability Strength.

With no enemies nearby, once activated, the Bolts would orbit Nyx until they have a target within their range. They don't provide anything extra, but their duration is infinite until an enemy gets in range.

This saves Nyx from surprise attacks and ambushes and is energy saving as you don't have to use all Bolts just to affect a single enemy. Also, in a boss fight, this will enable Nyx to hit the boss with all the Bolts, but one by one, for a single energy cost instead of having to waste tons of energy by spamming the ability every few seconds (since bosses have severely reduced duration of the Bolts effect) and always wasting the 5 Bolts that don't hit the boss.

Once an enemy is within range, the Bolts will detach from Nyx one by one and home in on the enemies, each with it's own duration, so the Bolts on standby are not wasted. Imagine the way Vauban's orbs work.

Once the enemy affected by the Bolt is killed, the Bolt will jump to the closest enemy (no smart targeting here to avoid trivialising tough enemy encounters, also, no CC on the subsequent enemies to avoid making Chaos redundant) for the remaining duration, with max jumps between enemies being 1 (to avoid being able to clear the whole room, especially if you imagine having Saryn or Mesa with you).

Recasting the ability will simply cancel the currently active Bolts and their effects it as it does now.

Since they can effectively affect twice the potential enemies now and we still have Chaos for CC, this will keep it balanced.

I suppose this would be a huge pain to program though...

29 minutes ago, (PS4)Sentiel said:

1. Psychic Bolts so damage.

The more I think about this, the less I like it. They already provide complete armor and shield stripping, with CC augment.

completly agree

29 minutes ago, (PS4)Sentiel said:

2. Recasting doesn't remove the debuff.

This sounds great on paper, but in reality it would make you spam this ability all the time.

don't like ember can just strip armor in a circle radius? as well as mag has an ability that is basicly that too? bolts has a target cap and only go in one deriction. spamming it would consume energy a lot possibly and still only effects in the deriction you are facing with limitied effects, it would help a lot. becasuse rn for example if there is a group of enemies with one heavy gunner in it I  cast the bolts takes all the groups armor off then I see an other group with 2 bombards so I decide I cast it on them because they are more dangerous I kill them but that heavy gunner have all of its armor back so I have to cast it again. If it would be permanent there would I less cats there. and in that situation with mag for example I just press 3 and every mob gets thier armor stripped in the first cast.

25 minutes ago, AltairFerenc said:

completly agree

don't like ember can just strip armor in a circle radius? as well as mag has an ability that is basicly that too? bolts has a target cap and only go in one deriction. spamming it would consume energy a lot possibly and still only effects in the deriction you are facing with limitied effects, it would help a lot. becasuse rn for example if there is a group of enemies with one heavy gunner in it I  cast the bolts takes all the groups armor off then I see an other group with 2 bombards so I decide I cast it on them because they are more dangerous I kill them but that heavy gunner have all of its armor back so I have to cast it again. If it would be permanent there would I less cats there. and in that situation with mag for example I just press 3 and every mob gets thier armor stripped in the first cast.

I haven't played Ember since her rework, so I can't comment there but I do play Mag often and while she does indeed strip both shields and armour in a wide radius, the effect is weaker the further away from the epicenter the enemy is and she can't strip 100% enemy armor unless they're right in their face. Nyx has 100% reliable strip with quite generous range too.

Also, unless we're talking about Sanctuary, the enemies don't spawn near you, so once you dealt with the current group, it makes sense to recast the ability to affect the reinforcements.

Lastly, I proposed it this way so in cases like you described, Psychic Bolts isn't your one trick pony ability, but you will use Chaos on the new arrivals while you finish your current enemies.

Psychic Bolts are in most cases superior to all other armor and shield strip abilities.   It's fast and it does it all in a single cast at 130 power strength.   It is better than mags, embers and anyone else's.  It does not require multiple uses. 

The augment makes it hard CC.   We just need more bolts. It does not need to do damage. It is highly spamable as it is.

With my psi bolt build Chaos only comes into play when enemies swarm.  

Chaos is arguably the power we need to look at.  It does what it does but other CC frames offer more.  Even Nekros in some cases.

Chaos Augment:  Unseen Anarchy

When held and cast, Nyx becomes invisible for 10 seconds to those affected by Chaos.   This will cause them to focus on each other.  Due to the hold and cast it could be refreshed.

its hard to tweak her existing kit without making this tweak OP or straight up useless.

Why Nyx is bad:

- Passive straigh up do nothing since enemies shooting projectiles and if you not staying on one place you can ccidentaly dodge\run\etc into already "missing" shot, and since Nyx is squishy some lvl 70 Lanka boi can straight up oneshot her like that.

- Mind controll - ability is lackluster since its only one enemy with derpy AI that mostly chose to run around you instead of fighting and pulling agro, even if you straight up charge it with 1500% damage and use +500% damage augment this is still awfull compared tou any of your weapons or other frames damage ebilities (Outside of Razorback, if that not fixed yet Nyx can straight up oneshot him with 1 Bursa). Even Necros shadows is much better execution that this

- Psy Bolts - since its great that you can remove armor instantly - its only 6 targets, and its random, and if you like augment for this mod then this ability was actualy nerfed for you since before you could stun and disarme with passive whole map just by spaming it, now its only 6 targets and then recast removes effect. Or CC whould be part of the ability or remove cap on cast since...

..there already MUCH BETTER ABILITY WITH SAME EFFECT withou enemy cap - Banshee push with corrosive proc from augment, its hard CC and strips all armor of infinite amout of enemies and stuns infinite amout of enemies, see my point, and that not even good ability on Banshee itself. Psy bolts are bad.

- Chaos, this ability by this point is almost a meme, at low level missions you dont need it, at high level missions its get you or your temates killed by random shots from bombers and things like that, Chaos affected enemies still doesnt ignore you if your closest target so its not realy CC, augment making this ability worse than default, nothing much to say in game there a LOT of abilities that not only hard stun enemies, but also deal damage or proc status or apply buff to yourself. This ability is realy below average.Not changing core mechanic only way i can see it being good - if its applies damage buff\damage resistance bassed on amout of affected enemies, than more enemies are affected - then more damage and\or damage reduction you have.

- Absorb, oh absorb, its realy fun in theory and completely doesnt work on practice, enemies have or too little damage so they cant realy charge up absorb, and you dont realy care about it since weapons do it faster (if you host you can charge absorb yourself with remote detonate weapons like talons), only good thing that by charging it yourself with max range build you can kill low level enemies through walls in around 26m radius. On high levels this ability is unusable because of energy drain, you just got instantly sucked up dry, and if there energy leaches well good luck with that. New "buffs" to absorb didnt realy do anything to it since you still rely on remote detonate augments most of the time to charge it up, and duration is uhh, it doesnt exist, so yay i can have +200% damage for 10 seconds, and to have this +200 damage i need to waste 100 energy and have whole setup of things like Penta or Castanas etc, while we have a guy called Chroma which have one ability that also make him tanky af, doesnt have energy drain, doesnt remove ability to shoot and gives him up to 1000%+ damage buff bassicaly to the end of the mission because of recast, and he also buffs teamates in radius, and how i should compare that. 

Augment is bad as bad is Hydroid, its make you pathetic slow in the game about flying around like a ninja, its block your vision and requires to tweak game settings, it block any energy regeneration outside of orbs, it also make this ability worse reducing blast range. 

You can make it good by changing mechanic to ripoff Equinox so you store ALL the damage done around in area and not only to absorb and then release it, you can make it strip armor or make something like "grants Nyx amount of armor bassed on how much damage she absorb for 40 seconds".

So yea Nyx over all have worst abilities and worst base stats out off full roster, her augments almost only ones that made her abilities WORSE than before or just apply actual debuff.

Sugestions:

Quick changes to make her barable:

1. Mind control AOE up to 5 enemies, that also applies buffs like "corrosive bullets" to them and buffs their damage bassed on enemy levels (Bassicaly like Vaubans Flechete orbs and Photon Strike)

2. Psy Bolts - remove 6 enemies cap, maybe make CC actual part of ability. I would like to remove this ability and add something that actualy represent Telekinesis, like Nyx pick ups enemies in front of her and tie them together around of reticle point while constantly reap their armor to pieces with mind powers, that can look SOOOOOOO COOOOOOOL. Because lets be honest Psy Bolts desighn are cheap.

3. Chaos - or remove this ability and make it part of Absorb, so Absorb would apply Chaos on blast or add scaled buff (Damage\defence or both) on Nyx bassed on how much enemies are affected by chaos, Make Chaos with Augment zone same size like without augment, Make that Chaos Zone move around Nyx instead of staying at cast point.

4. Absorb - Rip off Equinox damage mechanic with some tweaks of numbers, add Chaos to blast as mentioned before. Remove aument, since we have aromor from chaos, its lackluster anyway

Passive - something related to amout of affected by Nyx ebilities enemies, than more enemies are affected that more powerfull this passive (maybe tied to first ability, than more enemies affected by Nyx abilities, than more damage Mind Controll units gona deal up to insane numbers)

This even creates gamepley Loop when you create your Squad of Mind controled enemies, gather them up together,  then use Telekinesis that puck up enemies and gather them together while constantly reaping armor, and you with your whole squad just have a range practice while passive give them more buffs.

54 минуты назад, Hexsing сказал:

Psychic Bolts are in most cases superior to all other armor and shield strip abilities.   It's fast and it does it all in a single cast at 130 power strength.   It is better than mags, embers and anyone else's.  It does not require multiple uses. 

The augment makes it hard CC.   We just need more bolts. It does not need to do damage. It is highly spamable as it is.

With my psi bolt build Chaos only comes into play when enemies swarm.  

Chaos is arguably the power we need to look at.  It does what it does but other CC frames offer more.  Even Nekros in some cases.

Chaos Augment:  Unseen Anarchy

When held and cast, Nyx becomes invisible for 10 seconds to those affected by Chaos.   This will cause them to focus on each other.  Due to the hold and cast it could be refreshed.

Banshee with augment is better since its same, With inate stun, without enemy cap.

5 minutes ago, miomima said:

Banshee with augment is better since its same, With inate stun, without enemy cap.

But then you have to play Banshee....ick.

This is the reason why I suggested a charge mechanic like Garuda's to get more bolts.   

Absorb with assimilate is a strategic ability.  I dont use it for the damage and I dont think most people do.  Its a solid Oh $!×=÷ moment button.  

Passive definitely needs to be taken into consideration.

I don't think CC warframes have place in current Warframe for as long as we kill enemies so fast. 

(C) Death is the best CC right now.

I see Nyx somwhere useful in a situation with 20 Nox enemies walking around with granade launchers with HP x20. Then may be controlling enemies will become more useful.

Right now the only helpful crowd control would be something like make enemies run to some spot so they are easier to kill all together. Otherwise all this is counter-productive.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Sentiel said:

I haven't played Ember since her rework, so I can't comment there but I do play Mag often and while she does indeed strip both shields and armour in a wide radius, the effect is weaker the further away from the epicenter the enemy is and she can't strip 100% enemy armor unless they're right in their face. Nyx has 100% reliable strip with quite generous range too.

Also, unless we're talking about Sanctuary, the enemies don't spawn near you, so once you dealt with the current group, it makes sense to recast the ability to affect the reinforcements.

Lastly, I proposed it this way so in cases like you described, Psychic Bolts isn't your one trick pony ability, but you will use Chaos on the new arrivals while you finish your current enemies.

I see and with a little more tihnking I think I do agree with you, maybe even change it in my own post.

1 hour ago, Hexsing said:

yes a full range loki with radial disarm is basicly better than chaos, that why I did a lot of changes there in my own post that I will copy here if you dont mind

Spoiler

Enemies affected do 30% less damage to players(scales with power str and enemy level, like vauban with every 10th level), they slowly regain thier damage as the durration goes, they do 50% more damage to each other(scales with power str and enemy level like vauban with every 10th level) they slowly lose the damage as the durration goes.
Enemies affected ingore objectives and focus on attacking.
New augment: Affected enemies will be affected by the radiation status effect that stackes up every 1.5 to it's next level. (recasting the ability on an already effected/radiated enemy will instatly stacks the status to it's next level.

15 minutes ago, miomima said:

- Absorb, oh absorb, its realy fun in theory and completely doesnt work on practice, enemies have or too little damage so they cant realy charge up absorb

thats because absorb only absorbs 10% of the incoming damage wich is pretty horrible, as well as dealing the damage type that you were shot by is not good at all becase in most cases that is what the enemy resistent at.

18 minutes ago, miomima said:

Augment is bad as bad is Hydroid, its make you pathetic slow in the game about flying around like a ninja

well I do agrre on that one but mesa's 4th augment makes you move the same speed and that's mostly used I belive(at leas I do use and saw a good chunk of peapole using it.
I'll will copy here the changes to absorb I made in my post if you feel like tell me it is good or not.

Spoiler

The absorbing radius is now 20m and the blast radius is 30m(base, affected by range mods). Nyx now taunts(force to attack her) all enemies in range. Absorb no longer deals the damage type it absorb but the one enemies are weak to with a base 5x increase(effected by power str and enemy level)
The ability now absorbs 90%of incoming damage instead of 10%
The augment is integrated Nyx can move at 50% speed while absorb is active.
You can hold down the ability to increase your damage, but the ability drains twice as much energy this way, during this you revert back into the immobile "meditation" animation. 
The blast animation is 2x faster so you are not immobile for that much time.
After the ability finished Nyx gains +5% durration and range on all of her other abilities.
Augment changes: It can placed in the exilus slot like Mesas 4th augment, it increases the movement speed into 75% but the energy drain is doubled and it only absorbs 70% of the incoming damage

Her final needs to be changed, only some minor tweaks and reorder for the other abilities.

1) Psychic Bolts- move to 1st ability make it a stun on top of the armor strip (like Nyx convinces enemies to remove armor and deactivate shields)

2) new ability- Nyx convinces enemy to detonate carried explosives (play enemies hack animation), deals large amount of true damage, very little radius, demoralizes enemies in larger range ( -50% damage output)

3) Mind control- works like wukong's 1st except the damage buff should be a lot higher, and works on two enemies at once

4) Chaos - Enemies affected cannot target Nyx, other warframes or defense objectives, enemies affected get 5x damage and bypass armor and shields of allies, affected enemies under effects of 2nd ability do 50% more damage to enemies with the 50% less damage to allies. ( makes chaos relevant again, because hallowed ground outperformed it)

Passive - buff to 50% less accuracy

9 hours ago, Scar.brother.help.me said:

I don't think CC warframes have place in current Warframe for as long as we kill enemies so fast. 

(C) Death is the best CC right now.

I see Nyx somwhere useful in a situation with 20 Nox enemies walking around with granade launchers with HP x20. Then may be controlling enemies will become more useful.

Right now the only helpful crowd control would be something like make enemies run to some spot so they are easier to kill all together. Otherwise all this is counter-productive.

This brings up a good point actually, makes me wonder if they could ever implement archetypal tiers... in other words, if she did have cc it would be so powerful it could work in special situations others cannot, like bosses and eidolons for example. In order to give her a niche wile surviving the meta as a "psychic" character.

4 hours ago, Dueliest said:

This brings up a good point actually, makes me wonder if they could ever implement archetypal tiers... in other words, if she did have cc it would be so powerful it could work in special situations others cannot, like bosses and eidolons for example. In order to give her a niche wile surviving the meta as a "psychic" character.

if they would to do that, that CC would be super good would either be 
A. uterly useless in evewhere else
B. would be too useful in evewhere else

The AI needs to fixed, and the overall mob behaivor needs to be changed to advance as the mission goes adapting to player(s)
For exmaple we have 4-5 factions rn, each with a lot of units. Let's give them more purpuse and a reason to fear them not just 4 units 3 of wich is in the same faction.
example 1, you using a lot of explosive weapons there's gonna be more Ice eximus whos bobble can't be destroyed by explosive weapons but direct shot or goind inside(as well as mesa 4th can shoot trough it either, alongside similar abilities).
example 2, you have no problem dealng with ferrite armor units? lets remove them from this mission for now and here you some alloy armor unit. 
example 3, you spamming abilities(mesa, saryn, nidus) here take a lot more nullifires(other factions get similiar untis too) with a few energy leach eximus(who are MUCH easier to spot)
Similar things can be done with ancient healers(and different types of ancients, with increased buffs) 
CC would be good if the would have other beahaivor that "I see you im gonna shoot you"
Like in the case of exmaple 2 since corrosive only good aginst one type of armor and eveyone would bring corrosive a chaos nyx would be super good since you less damage now, but spamming chaos would lead to example 3 where tank frames would shine going in killing those. And maybe adding grineer commanders in to hte mix somewhere for more cunfusion for the players. Since those units have switch teleport, if they would have a god enough AI they would snipe out the nyx in example situation because she is the most valuable and squishy and teleport her into a big group of enemies.
This way there would be an actual need for a little teamwork not just go in with a tank and do whatever, or going in with saryn press 1 wait a bit press 4, or with mesa to press 3 and if you see more than 2 enemies press 4

Havent played in ages so ill refrain from more detailed suggestions lol

Id like the disarm passive back. You can argue back and forth how meta/good it was, if nothing else the CC playstyle was different and interesting.

Think the state of Nyx is kind of emblematic for the games problems overall. Ya can toss out all the content you want and make it as grindy if you want to artificially stretch it - if theres only like 2 ways to play it (kill fast with two clicks and kill faster with one click) its gonna get old fast.

But from reading most suggestion threads players themselves dont seem to want/understand anything else either. Chaos doesnt CC everything totally and doesnt kill? No direct status effect? So bad, who would want anything that doesnt kill everything on the map instantly. Make Absorb Nuke everything. My mind control target doesnt kill anything etc etc. But judging from the rework the devs also didnt 😛

kthxbye

Archived