The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Working to BUY rare sets, or hunker down to FARM rare sets? (Whats your experience?)

KOOKIEZROCKS

Pretty straight forward really. Main concern is having to farm for the Relics. Lets take an unvaulted Tigris Prime as an example. Its back on trading market, and prices will drop a little. But relic farming, ugh.

Based on experience, do you have better OR faster experience with:

Farming smaller rewards (Ayatans, Prime Junk, Syndicate rewards) and selling them till you can afford the set

OR

Just hunkering down and farming for the set yourself?

I farm them, since the adittion of the "keys"mission(cant recall the name now) axi farming is way easier. The others are not a big deal, aindicate points or just regular missions will do XD

At some point lith meso and neo relics just pile up. I shoud organize them in some maner XD

I don't put too much effort into either. 

I will run the game as usual will check on a weekend if one of the new prime relics is with me. 

Run them in a squad till I get it or run out of relics or get bored. 

If I really really want the item I will buy the missing parts one at a time. 

I farmed 98% of the prime frames and weapon parts.I had luck and perseverance.Luck because sometimes some rare vaulted parts dropped from randoms, that way I gathered vauban p, tigris p and many other things long before they were unvaulted. Perseverance, because I kept doing random fissures to level weapons or frames even if I knew eso was 1000% faster.
That way I had many junk to give to baro or trade for p if I wanted to, gathered many sets that can sell for p etc.The things that didn't drop for over a month were easy to buy after because I have amassed enough plat for them + potatoes, slots and deluxes at the same time.
imo farming is better, but if you are in a rush and don't like fissures with randoms much...better just gather only the plat 

15 minutes ago, (PS4)jaggerwanderer said:

I passively accumilate relics while playing the game. Then run said relics from time to time for forma blueprints. Somehow run into a random with vaulted radiant relics. BAM! vaulted prime parts without trying.

8 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I don't put too much effort into either. 

I will run the game as usual will check on a weekend if one of the new prime relics is with me. 

Run them in a squad till I get it or run out of relics or get bored. 

If I really really want the item I will buy the missing parts one at a time. 

2 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

I farmed 98% of the prime frames and weapon parts.I had luck and perseverance.Luck because sometimes some rare vaulted parts dropped from randoms, that way I gathered vauban p, tigris p and many other things long before they were unvaulted. Perseverance, because I kept doing random fissures to level weapons or frames even if I knew eso was 1000% faster.
That way I had many junk to give to baro or trade for p if I wanted to, gathered many sets that can sell for p etc.The things that didn't drop for over a month were easy to buy after because I have amassed enough plat for them + potatoes, slots and deluxes at the same time.
imo farming is better, but if you are in a rush and don't like fissures with randoms much...better just gather only the plat 

I see that everyone just farms fissures passively over time. Seems like an ideal way to go. To be fair I let FOMO get to my head too much I guess

16 minutes ago, KOOKIEZROCKS said:

Pretty straight forward really. Main concern is having to farm for the Relics. Lets take an unvaulted Tigris Prime as an example. Its back on trading market, and prices will drop a little. But relic farming, ugh.

Farming smaller rewards (Ayatans, Prime Junk, Syndicate rewards) and selling them till you can afford the set

OR

depends on the relic, rare relics with rare rewards are the annoying ones, the rest is ususally fast enough by yourself

farm relics on disruptions, apollo gives axi every rotation in case you didn't know. hieracon, akkad, berehynia are noob traps 

ur and ganymede for neo relics every rotation

mars disruption for meso 

lith on odd (orokin derelict defense) and scarlet spear

veiled melee, rifles, shotgun rivens sell for a decent amount of plat 

I agree with people that say don't rush it.  I play solo as much as possible.  I've never farmed one relic, ever, but I have over 1000 relics and there are only a few primes I don't have.  How?  Well, just doing missions for faction rank, whether it's the six basic factions or one of the location factions (Osteron, Solaris U), or doing missions as part of Nightwave or an event.  You can earn faction rank for 4 of the 6 basic factions without much hassle, and I spend all that faction rank on the relic pack, which gives you 1 Neo or Axi, and 2 Mesa or Lith for 20,000 points.  When DE add new primes, or unvault old primes, they show up in the relic pack.

The second way of getting relics is while opening the relics I have.  Most relic missions give relics as rewards.

As far as getting the rare primes, they drop whether I spend void traces or not.  Obviously it's more common if I spend void traces, but there has not been a prime that I couldn't get without grinding.  I don't even farm void traces.  I wait until I get a login reward of a resource booster and that's when I do relic-opening missions because the void traces are doubled.  But when I have over 40 of the same relic I don't spend the void traces, I just do a relic-opening run every so often and eventually the rare drops.  I don't think I've ever run the same relic more than 12 times without getting the rare, even though the drop chance is much less than 1 in 12.  I can spend 100 void traces multiple times and it doesn't seem to improve my chances all that much.  The one thing I will say, is that I believe I have less success if I do multiple consecutive relic-opening missions.  Seems like I get the same prime part multiple times in a row if I do consecutive runs.  This is part of why I don't rush it.  

Edited by (PS4)Limorkil

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Limorkil said:

I agree with people that say don't rush it.  I play solo as much as possible.  I've never farmed one relic, ever, but I have over 1000 relics and there are only a few primes I don't have.  How?  Well, just doing missions for faction rank, whether it's the six basic factions or one of the location factions (Osteron, Solaris U), or doing missions as part of Nightwave or an event.  You can earn faction rank for 4 of the 6 basic factions without much hassle, and I spend all that faction rank on the relic pack, which gives you 1 Neo or Axi, and 2 Mesa or Lith for 20,000 points.  When DE add new primes, or unvault old primes, they show up in the relic pack.

The second way of getting relics is while opening the relics I have.  Most relic missions give relics as rewards.

As far as getting the rare primes, they drop whether I spend void traces or not.  Obviously it's more common if I spend void traces, but there has not been a prime that I couldn't get without grinding.  I don't even farm void traces.  I wait until I get a login reward of a resource booster and that's when I do relic-opening missions because the void traces are doubled.  But when I have over 40 of the same relic I don't spend the void traces, I just do a relic-opening run every so often and eventually the rare drops.  I don't think I've ever run the same relic more than 12 times without getting the rare, even though the drop chance is much less than 1 in 12.  I can spend 100 void traces multiple times and it doesn't seem to improve my chances all that much.  The one thing I will say, is that I believe I have less success if I do multiple consecutive relic-opening missions.  Seems like I get the same prime part multiple times in a row if I do consecutive runs.  This is part of why I don't rush it.  

Its somehow refreshing AND very strange to see that Warframe players dont rush things haha. Thanks for the POV buddy

Never liked games that are "2nd jobs" Warframe isn't, and I won't turn it into one, play when I want, farm relics buying syndicate packs/playing missions, farm primes when I want, sell stuff when I want (and when trade chat actually cares to buy something that aren't riven mods) rushing stuff in a game only upsets people, that leads to complaints about content, that makes people leave the game, and I don't intend to delete warframe to the point of never returning, few developers actually care about their game

10 hours ago, KOOKIEZROCKS said:

OR

The amount of platinum I spend depends how burnt out I am.

There is a trading component in this game and it is exactly like hack and slash games, people are not equals in their capacity to accumulate wealth by trading(wich is imho unfair but it is a philosophical question lol).

If you farm something that is tradeable you need to be aware of its value and be aware of the rate wich you can aquire its value yourself. Sometimes farming something is not worth it to you(because you have ways of making plat) while it is for others(wich have no clues or ways of making plat as fast as getting the item themselves or because they can farm the item faster than you).

Then there is the fun factor. I often farm the things myself for the thrill of it but it is often not the optimal way of acquiring the thing. For mods upgrading, on particular for the umbra mods, I often farmed plat instead of endo and bought legendary cores, it may look absolutely disgusting borderline degrading to you but I see that as a chore and it feels time efficient to me because I have few routes where I know that I can get 100plat/hours minimum. Prime parts are not as expensive.

Edited by Galuf