Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PVP - Conclave

UdsUds

1 hour ago, (XB1)The Repo Man151 said:

Why? You can play conclave right now with players.

Clearly the poster is not finding folks to play with.

Lets be real pvp doesn't get much of de's attention.  Having bots would help folks.  Or the universal medallions that where there then later removed.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply guys!

On 2020-04-15 at 3:11 AM, (XB1)The Repo Man151 said:

Why? You can play conclave right now with players.

I'll only quote this one as my problem is not having NO players but the waiting time.

If you can just hop in with a bot with no waiting time, this may encourage other players as well as to hop in to join the conclave. 

I remember fun pvp games.

Lobbies. Choosing maps. setting guidelines. more than 2 game modes.

LkT1dkC.png

Though Perfect Dark would have been a better example with all its crazy bot options.

20 years ago Perfect dark could pull this off with 4 players +8 bots. 5 fps but still...

Simulants have a several difficulty settings so that their aims and motives are different.

MeatSims are the easiest of all the simulants to defeat and are, therefore, the best choice for beginner players. It is not very intelligent, and its shooting skills are very poor.

EasySims have basic skills and intelligence, but can still be dangerous.

NormalSims are skilled as the average human player.

HardSims are as skilled as a good human player.

PerfectSims are one of the most intelligent and skilled simulants. Most players will eventually want to use them all the time as their skills improve.

DarkSims are prototype cyborgs developed by dataDyne to counteract Carrington operatives. This gives them abilities not possible with other simulants.

Simulants also have special type settings, which can be combined with their difficulty settings.

PeaceSims protest the use of weapons. They will go around the level hunting for guns that are lying around and hoard them, so that players cannot use them. On the plus side, killing one will cause them to drop a few.

ShieldSims always go for maximum shield protection. If they loses any shield energy, they will go and search for a new one. Pretty useless if there are no shields on the map.

RocketSims prefer weapons which make big explosions over conventional handguns or automatics. This also extends to weapons which have explosive secondary functions.

KazeSims will stop at nothing to destroy its target. It is very aggressive and never keeps its distance, even when holding a grenade! Be very careful of an adversary who is not afraid to die.

FistSims protest the use of weapons in a similar way to the PeaceSim. However, it has no such reservations when it comes to unarmed combat. It will always try to use its fists to attack or disarm its opponent.

PreySims prefer to prey on the weak in order to get easier kills. It will look for players who have just respawned, have an inferior weapon, or are low on health.

CowardSims do not really want to fight and will try to survive by running away. It may sometimes attack, but only if the opponent has an inferior weapon. Draw out a better gun or shoot it, and it will flee.

JudgeSims have a strong sense of justice and despises the tactics of the PreySim. It will always try to kill the winning player in order to even up the score.

FeudSims pick a random target, and will pursue them until the game is over. Even if it is killed, it will still bear its grudge.

SpeedSims have been trained for speed. They can easily outrun a human player, so it's no use running away from a SpeedSim unless you know some good shortcuts.

TurtleSims, by default, wear a prototype shield generator developed by dataDyne scientists. The generator projects a protective shield around its host, which has twice the strength of a normal shield. Unfortunately, it also restricts the hosts movement.

VengeSims always attack the player who last killed it, so be careful.

Even if not for conclave, seems like a good thing for simulacrum mixed with captura.

Edited by Firetempest
  • Like 2

I would play conclave more than anything else in the game if it could mean forward progress like opening relics, random rewards even with a lesser rate than what you get for playing normally. I don't want exclusive rewards i just want to be able to lessen my grind while playing this.

right now it just feels it just feels like i'm punishing myself by investing time that won't have me progress forward in the game. So i don't, even though i would probably enjoy it more than the rest of the game right now due to no challenge

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

I remember fun pvp games...

If bot / AI like this be added it will be perfect!

4 minutes ago, Nactra said:

I would play conclave more than anything else in the game if it could mean forward progress like opening relics, random rewards even with a lesser rate than what you get for playing normally. I don't want exclusive rewards i just want to be able to lessen my grind while playing this.

If only,.. but I think this is asking to much thou. 

On 2020-04-15 at 4:09 PM, UdsUds said:

Thanks for the reply guys!

I'll only quote this one as my problem is not having NO players but the waiting time.

If you can just hop in with a bot with no waiting time, this may encourage other players as well as to hop in to join the conclave. 

I can hop in right now with no wait time. Here are some examples
https://gameclips.io/The Repo Man151/c9f1ef3b-5dcb-4899-aa7d-44aed82eee99
https://gameclips.io/The Repo Man151/e8d4e559-b882-454b-bf74-01f5191a522b
I know for a fact the PC population for Conclave is even bigger. What are your matchmaking settings like?

On 2020-04-18 at 6:17 AM, (XB1)The Repo Man151 said:

I know for a fact the PC population for Conclave is even bigger. What are your matchmaking settings like?

Gonna test out something later like making my ping limit to upto 300+ and also region hoping.

But as I mentioned I have issues in queuing as it is. 

EDIT: I was able to join :laugh: but man I got rekt haha.

Edited by UdsUds
  • Like 2

personally i think the Warframes need to be removed from conclave.
why ?
Movement system is over powered. DE cant balance warframes for S#&$ when it comes to pvp. Too many weapons for them to attempt to balance. 

solution. Operators an amps. limited movement set. fewer amps, far easier to balance. 
Would also make more sense within the lore as teshin trained the Operators. as you see in the 2nd dream, he was teaching us to control our powers. move conclave into that direction would make it more appealing, shrink the maps. Let people CHOOSE! the bloody map, so if its a dual they can pick a small one. if there are 8 people they can pick a larger map.
dont map item drops such a scarcity that spawns once a millennium.  Warframe PVP strikes a really odd balance of feeling like you are wading thru half set cement while dragging a bolder to only then shift to trying to hit a cartoon character on meth bouncing around while you try to track them for them to then disappear into the ether... at which point its back to the cement and bolder. 

map layouts suck. world items suck. energy spawns once a billion yrs, give you piss all, #*!%ing worthless S#&$!, ammo an health are there when you dont need them and then vanish when you need them... or more at the other end of the map somewhere in an obscure corner.

So i ask DE this.... HOW THE #*!%! where you people part of Unreal Tournament. one of the fastest funnest PVP games in the early 2000s.... an yet conclave is the exact opposite!.
reduce movement (meaning remove bullet jumping).  put world items out there for Operators to pick up (random kitted amps to pick up an drop. like you would weapons in Unreal Tournament !) better maps. an seriously stop trying to make PVP something fancy. there is a reason run n gun battlefield an COD works. dont try an reinvent the wheel into a triangle. its not going to bloody work DE.  

i have tried to get into conclave a few times. the few times i have i remembered quickly it was S#&$. an other times... well i never got into it because it was just me sitting about waiting for some one else to mistakenly click conclave rather then "purchase forma bundle" .

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

Short version of your comment: "Don't bother with Conclave, just play Unreal Tournament."

And OMG it's so true 😂

lol. but seriously i grew up on UT2. it was awesome. an UT4 was heaps of fun, i loved the Redeemer (yes the thing the WF redeemer is named after). DE helped with the UT games, yet failed at making their own pvp.

just make it operator and pick up weapon = problem solved. everyone is on equal footing then. easier to balance.

an seriously ALOT of cosmetic rewards please! an some special amps parts that are won thru pvp to use in the core game.