Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Ability Ideas!

[DE]Helen

Just gonna call him Mortuus.

Passive - Abhorent Creation: 

Terrified by Mortuus's look, enermies tremble before his presence. Mortuus gains 10% damage reduction against all sources coming at him from the front, doubled if the target stands right in front of his face (maybe the area for this can be a cone range around 1m-2m). 

1st skill - Savage: 

Mortuus feels no pain and doesn't hesitate to use his own self as a weapon. 

Mortuus drops his currently equipped weapon (of all type) and dislocates the joints on his arm, making them capable of reaching out to 5m. Meanwhile, Void energy escapes out of his arm, making every attack deals 150/180/210/240/270 x strength Void damage. His attack speed in this state scales with Duration (100% for 1.00 atk speed / 175% for 1.5 atk speed / 250% for 2.0 atk speed). The longer he maintains this state, the less stable his body structure becomes, Mortuus loses 75 health every second after activation. Mortuus cannot uses this skill as he drops to below 20% health (just in case some tennos out there are so into flingering their arms around and die).

Cost: 25 health

2nd skill - Insatiable:

Mortuus' greed invades him.

Mortuus prepares for 2/1.7/1.4/1.0 second and rush to the target, inflicting 100/200/300/400 x strength Void damage. If the target dies by the skill, Mortuus steals 15/30/45/60% of target's original armor and gains a 3/5/8/10% (x number of enemies within 5m radius of the target) buff to his damage for 5 seconds. If target is not killed, he only steals half of the foretold amount and no buff gained.

Cost: 120 health

3rd skill - Mimic:

Passive: Mortuus often hear echoes of the past, memories coming from the deceased Warframes. These echoes get louder as Mortuus gets closer to them. There, he can find a Heirloom that gives him a 10 second self regeneration of 25 health per second.

After having collected 10 Heirlooms, Mortuus can mimic an ablity of an ally warframe (he cannot choose from a warframe that is not present in the squad) ( yeah that's right this skill is useless if you don't have friends with you ). 

Mortuus can choose any ability from one of his teammates at a cost, as long as Mortuus holds onto that ability and haven't used it, the warframe just got one of its skills mimicked can only use the skill at 50% effectiveness (-50% of any buff and +50% of any continuous cost like health drain or energy drain while the original activation cost is splitted equally between Mortuus and the warframe - like if the skill costs 100 energy then both of them need 50 cost-unit each). Also all damage comes from the skills Mortuus mimicked deals Void damage. (i intend that there will be no limitation of how many times he can mimic and use regardless of whether that is in a mission or in either POE or OV - please adjust otherwise if i haven't thought of another situation through)

Cost: 50 health to choose the desired skill. Cost upon using is mentioned.

4th skill - Collateral Damage

Enraged and consumed by the collective hatred and pain of the deceased Warframes, Mortuus leaves no one alive.

Mortuus collapses and cannot move, gain 20/35/50% damage reduction and drain 2% Health and Shield from all enemies and allies while losing 45/75/100 health per second since activation. After 5 seconds of channelling, Mortuus releases a massive spherical surge of energy radius 20/25/30m dealing 300/450/600 x strength adaptive damage to every living creature in the area of effect. However the energy wave does not travel through solid object therefore if allies hide behind cover they should be unharmed (preferably the energy waves travel in a straight line and little to no ricochet so that there would still be allies...well,alive).

Cost: 200 health upon activation. Duration cost is mentioned in skill description

Passive) Red ring of Death - Has an X% chance to cause an AoE ring of fire.

Ability 1) Nervous Glitch - Frame flails around causing Impact damage to all enemies within 3m. (causes Knockdown)

Ability 2) Short Circuit - (on Target) Casts an arcing electric current that chains to X number of enemies and causes minor HUD malfunction ((similar to magnetic proc))

Ability 3) Crossed Wires - Lashes out with tendrils to bind enemies within 5m for X seconds dealing DoT electric damage

Ability 4) Area Disruption - Frame slams arms against the ground causing a magnetic and Heat, toxin, Cold, or Electricity (depending on emissive color) pulse. The magnetic Jams guns and electronics for X seconds while other damages enemies within AoE.

Edit: added missing effect to 2nd ability and Spelling in Ability 4 description

First of all, I'd like to preface this by saying all Ability names and ability stats are simply Placeholders made to show the idea behind the ability. By no means should the names be taken seriously, or the stats be considered concrete.

Secondly, a bit of background info: I'm personally going to be referring to this Warframe as "Chimera", since he is pieced together from other Warframes. My idea behind this was that the three colours we can see in the concept art are each from a different Warframe and his abilities will reflect how he has parts of each, but is not whole. A "Jack of all trades" sort of thing... White looks to me like an offensive, fast paced frame, due to the extra arm guards and thin legs. Red, seems to be more padded and armoured, representing a "tank" or defensive Frame. Blue, meanwhile, seems to be more sleek and rounded, almost feminine, and to me seems very reminiscent of a support-based frame. So that's what this will be based on primarily. Any constructive criticism is gladly welcomed, but since you can't edit your posts afterwards as per the rules, I won't be able to implement it, so sorry about that...

Anyway, on to the abilities! 

Passive: Reconstruct (A.K.A. Survivalist)

Chimera enters an altered "downed" state when killed that allows him to scavenge nearby corpses for parts to recover, and moves at an increased speed for the entirety of his bleed out instead of slowing down progressively. Also, due to his affinity for Scavenging, he has a slightly higher chance of Ammo and Health/Energy orbs dropping from slain enemies. 

1st Ability: "Pitching Arm"

Chimera fires his arm like a projectile, dealing damage and staggering the target, very briefly opening them to a finisher. Alternatively, the ability can be held to keep it attached via Void energy and instead "grapple" the target, pulling Chimera toward the enemy allowing him to travel mid-range distances to execute the Finisher. When tapping, damage is dealt on impact and will alert the enemy, however when grappling it won't alert the enemy until after the Finisher, allowing for Stealth multipliers if utilising stealth. 

This ability costs 25 energy to cast, however charging the ability for the grapple has a brief charge time, maybe ~0.5 seconds or so (Affected by Natural Talent). Releasing before it has fully charged will simply fire the arm as normal, however the charge can be held to prevent accidental firing. It has a default range of 50m, and stuns the enemy for about 1.5 seconds.

Strength affects the Damage. 

Range affects the effective range of the projectile. 

Duration affects the stun duration, as well as how quickly Chimera travels when grappling.

Efficiency is obvious. 

(As a side note, the "Finisher" on the grapple can be either a standard melee finisher, or a special animation using the Frames currently detached arm. I'd personally prefer the latter, but if that were the case it'd need to be affected by melee mods similar to other melee-based abilities such as Atlas' landslide or Khora's Whipclaw in order to maintain any significant use)

2nd Ability: 

Chimera partially disassembles his body, allowing him to move faster along the ground while becoming less visible to enemies at a distance and giving him an evasion buff. He can also climb up walls, at a slightly reduced speed, however due to this state he cannot attack with his normal weapons, attempting to attack or aim will cancel the ability immediately, allowing the player to freely control when to engage. Aiming while climbing up a wall will immediately transition into a Wall Latch.

This ability costs 50 energy, and lasts for 45 seconds or until cancelled. Chimera moves at around 150% movement speed while active, has a 30% evasion buff, and (similar to the Rakta Dark Dagger) has a decreased detection range while active. He is not invisible, however. (If unalerted enemy vision is 30m, for example's sake, Chimera's detection range would be around 20m. I don't actually know the ranges however...)

Strength affects the speed buff and evasion buff (evasion capped at 50%)

Range affects the Detection range buff (caps at a minimum range. Since I don't know the numbers I can't really say what)

Duration affects how long the ability remains active in a single cast.

Efficiency is efficiency 

SYNERGY: When using his 4th ability while already disassembled, the casting time is reduced, and the original casting cost (not the drain) is halved. Also, his 1's grapple can be used to immediately pull yourself out of this ability and into an attack (if the enemy is unalerted, this can trigger stealth multipliers) 

3rd Ability: Colour Picker (A.K.A. Split Personality) 

Tapping this ability cycles through 3 modes, similar to other Warframes (Vauban's Minelayer, Titania's Tribute, etc.) and upon activation via a held cast will focus the power of one of the 3 Warframes that he is made from, providing himself and teammates within range a buff for a set duration. The buffs will be something along the lines of:

"White" buff: Increase to movement speed, Reload Speed, and Melee attack speed. 

"Red" buff: Armor and Max Health buff, All Active Healing received (Health Orbs, Trinity, Oberon, Rejuvenation, etc.) is increased by 50%

"Blue" buff: Max Shields buffed, Shield regeneration rate increased, All Active energy restoration (Energy orbs, Octavia's passive, Energy Siphon, etc.) is increased by 50%.

The same buff cannot be recast while active, however a different buff can be selected and activated, removing the previous buff in the process.

This ability costs 75 energy. It has an area of 30m around Chimera, and lasts for 20 seconds. 

Strength affects all buff strengths, (Healing and Energy bonuses are capped at +100% effect)

Range affects the range that it affects allies. 

Duration affects Buff duration

Efficiency is... It just is... 

SYNERGY: While any Buff is active, his 1st Ability will have added effects upon "grappling" to a target. White will increase the damage done by a flat percent of the enemies health (Either a chunk of current health, or a smaller percent of max health, depending on balance). Red will drain Health equal to a portion of the damage dealt by the finisher. Blue will refund the energy spent when you get a kill (not affected by its own buff since it's not energy generation, its a refund). All synergy bonuses are unaffected by mods directly, however strength will increase the damage of his 1, therefore increasing Red's healing, and Efficiency will affect Blue's refund accordingly. 

4th Ability: Void Reanimation

Breaking himself apart, Chimera manifests the Warframes he is comprised of to overwhelm the opponents.

For this ability, two distinct things will happen:

First, each of his coloured body parts will separate creating two Fragmented Warframes either side of Chimera. Each Fragment will be one of the three original Warframes, with Chimera himself remaining as the third, chosen by the currently selected mode on his 3rd ability. (Buff doesn't need to be active, just whichever is currently selected). The body parts that are now missing will be filled in with Void energy for each of the three parts. The two Fragments will give their respective buffs in an aura around them, however with reduced effectiveness and range (I'm thinking halved power and range, but whatever works for balance. Heck, they don't even need to give the buffs, but I thought it made thematic sense). They will follow Chimera closely, but will move to engage enemies as they come within range.

Secondly, Chimera will gain an Exalted Weapon, depending on which form he remains in. The other two fragments can either use their respective weapons too, or just use your standard loadout weapons, entirely up to the devs for that one, but might I suggest having a set preference for each form if it went that direction. (i.e. Blue will always use your Secondary if you have one, while Red will use your Primary, and White uses Melee):

White, since it no longer has either of its physical arms, will utilise his Void energy to create two melee weapons. These will have a lean towards Slash damage and crit, and will have a larger reach than most standard melee weapons. This weapon's heavy attacks will cause Chimera to leap forward, with a small amount of lock-on to enemies, allowing him to close gaps faster. My idea was for them to be based on Tonfa's, but with their own unique stance/animations, but honestly it can be any dual wielded weapon. Swords, Daggers, Warfans, Gauntlets, whatever. (Just, please don't use Claws again. It's cool and all, but we've already got Valkyr and Garuda with Claws, we don't need another...)

Red gains a Shield type weapon, with his left arm manifesting the void energy into the Shield. In his right hand, since this form still has the physical hand, instead holds an energy hammer/mace. This form deals primarily Puncture, and is more focused around large AoE attacks and slams with high status rather than direct damage. This form's weapon perk is that he can continue to block while attacking, albeit with reduced effectiveness. Essentially, he has 50% damage resistance from the front while attacking. Due to this form's defensive nature, I felt like a Sword and Board was only fitting, but a sword felt too small for the defensive type these parts are meant to represent. (Plus, Excalibur has the Energy sword, I can't steal poster boy's thunder.) 

Finally Blue, being the more Support based side, has a Glaive class weapon. Due to her physical arm being on the left, she uses the energy to create a more agile throwing weapon on her right to keep her enemies at a safe distance. She deals mainly Impact damage, with a fair balance of crit and status. The perks of her weapon however, is that due to it being simply energy she can still melee while another Glaive is mid-flight. She can only have one thrown out mind you, trying to throw another will simply detonate the one currently in flight. Also, I've just realised that I referred to Blue as a "She" this entire time. It was unintentional, but I think it works as far as I'm concerned. Whether that holds true to anyone else is up to you though

Cycling through his 3rd ability will not change your form, however upon casting his 3 while this ability is active you and that Fragment will essentially swap control, with you now taking control of that Fragment, and the AI taking control of your previous form. All stats will carry over with you, including Health, Shields and Energy, however any status effects currently active will remain on your previous form and you will receive a brief invulnerability phase (1 or 2 seconds) to prevent immediate death.

Costs 50 energy to cast, with an energy drain of 3 e/s to maintain. If Chimera runs out of energy or deactivates the ability, both active Fragments will detonate dealing AoE Radiation damage with a guaranteed proc in a small radius. If detonated manually, the radius is doubled than if it were by energy exhaustion or other means (Nullifiers, etc). The Fragment's buffs will function at 50% effectiveness, with 50% range (15m). Chimera himself will always receive his Fragment's buffs, even if they move out of range, however the Fragments will try to follow close the Chimera at all times.

Strength will affect the base damage of the exalted weapons, the damage modifiers of his Fragment's weapons, and the AoE damage of the Fragments on deactivation. 

Range will affect the range of the Fragment's auras, and the area of the deactivation explosion.

Duration will decrease the energy drain. 

Efficiency still exists.

SYNERGY: While this ability is active, his first ability gains half the effects of each of the Fragment's buffs. (So White's damage buff deals half as much extra damage, Red siphons half as much health, and Blue only refunds 50% of the energy on a kill).

I understand that making three exalted weapons is a lot of work, especially given the three extra models that would be needed to make this ability work, so if by some miracle this wins, I'd totally understand if this whole section is HEAVILY altered. But I think it'd be cool to have a Warframe with this level of variety... Another idea I had was to have different weapon slots for each form. Keep white as melee, but give either red or blue a primary or secondary. I don't really know how you'd work an energy gun into an arm though without him just turning into Megaman, but if that seems more interesting I'm totally down for that.

Anyway, I've been up until 9am working on this, so I'm gonna leave it here and hope I don't think of anything later when it's too late. Good luck to everyone with your ideas, and I hope this Frame will be as good as Nova was. 🙂

Radial scream - release a powerful scream that deals slash dmg and the longer you do it the more damage you deal                                                                                                                                                                                                       

Passive Broken stance - having armor when activating ability for Grant's defense stance.   

Having no armor when activating ability 4 - Grants offensive stance. 

Ability 1 - seek - expel

cease out debris materials body parts to add armor to yourself if you don't want any armor on you you can also expel it and cause damage to enemies nearby.

Ability 2 - Dismantle

dismantles enemy weapons to be used as either armor or a ball debris that can be fired an exploded upon impact.

Ability 3 - Shrapnel Shotgun/Rifle

gains a shrapnel shotgun or rifle the benefits from ability to 7 shotgun has armor Shawna shotgun has armor stripping while the rifle boss more puncture effects. ( both have chances to stagger enemies). The ability can be cycled so that either the rifle or shotgun can be chosen.

Ability 4 - reconfigure

transform into a new version of yourself.

Defense stance - changes the Warframe into a paladin life-form having high defense as well as a bullet jump that knocked down enemies.

Offence stance - grass bonus movement speed and attack speed (of both melee and primary/secondary weapons).

So in all honesty, I think I can only make overpowered abilities, so you might just skip this post already:

Since we have a broken frame, It's going to be hard for abilities based only from the main theme.
I hope she has more than normal hp, because my abilities mainly focus on hp regeneration and loss...

Style passive (I think I just invented something new...): Based on hp lost, the broken frame actually breaks. (Like, parts from her body falls to the ground.)
Passive: Scavenge body: Dead enemies drops parts, what the broken frame can walk over, and re-install, making her regain her lost body parts, and hp regeneration

1 - Breakdown: Grabs a part of his body (- x hp) and throws it. (The projectile ignores armour, causes impact proc. HIGH damage.)

2 - Re-build: Ammo and material pickup makes a shield around the broken frame, healing her (3hp/s) and giving her boosted armour and or a completely new layer of shield. (50 energy, duration high) (the picked up items aren't really picked up, but after the duration of the ability/when the ability is broken or cancelled, the picked up items falls to the ground, available to collect) (there is a high duration on this ability, and every item picked up costs 0.5 energy. The duration mods increase the duration, the strength mods makes the hp regen, the boosted armour and or the entire new layer of the new shield increase, and the efficiency mods make the cost of each picked up item gets decreased. THIS IS ONE OF THE WAY) (The other way is: there is no duration for the ability, each picked up item costs 1 energy, and for each items picked up, there is a energy depletion of 0.75 energy/sec. duration and efficiency mods decrease the 0.75, down to 0.25 max.)

3 - Unstable: For a brief period of time, the broken frame unleashes true power, opening (and here I say it litteraly) her chest, picking out her core, and puts it into one of the chosen weapon. (How this works is simple: player can choose a weapon, melee, secondary or primary, this is the cycled part. The given weapon gets VERY HIGH damage multiplier, along with something else. Meanwhile, the broken frame becomes unstable, hence her core, which keeps her together, is missing. This creates hp and or shield loss. Also, she constantly looses parts from her body.) (75 energy)

4 - Broken world: (This seems like a little stupid, but whatever.) The broken frame reforms her surroundings, to her own will: The map in x radius will become... Well... The world of the broken frame: random parts from the ground moves, like an actual earthquake. Things become broken, and not only physically: Even the time breaks, making things in the area randomly speed up or slow down. Now enemies, who have been hit by anything during the area transformation instantly dies, while those who enter the area or just had the luck to not get hit by any part of the map, takes damage constantly. The broken frame gets speed and jump boost, hence this is her natural home. Now this is something I leave for the devs to decide: should this ability drain energy constantly, in a very fast way, or should it be the 100 energy, and some little duration?

I hope this is not all bad ideas, or that any of this hasn't been taken already. (I didn't have time to read all the comments...)

Passive: Gain resistance to the damage type received most, resistance scales with amount damage received.

Ability 3: Consume damage resistance to gain a damage boost of the same percentage, of the same damage type

Ability 4: Use the corpses of killed enemies to built an exoskeleton around the warframe, with damage boosts and resistances depending on the used corpses

Since this frame is a mess of broken parts, can we get something that literally assimilates enemy corpses into weapons or rips out their parts to use as weapons? Titania's tribute didn't work out really well, so it has to be something where you don't need to care too much about specifics: similar effects that vary in specifics but are all useful.

• Assimilating any grineer takes their gunpowder-based weaponery and reforges it into an explosive grenade launcher with guaranteed blast procs and massive ragdolling.
  • Assimilating any robotic unit lets you use their weapons to launch electric mines with guaranteed electric procs.
  • Assimilating any corpus human unit makes use of their laser technology to fire a heat beam with an AOE on hit. The AOE inflicts guaranteed low damage heat procs.
  • Assimilating any infested unit takes in their bioweaponery to create sticky gas grenades with guaranteed toxin procs.
  • Assimilating sentients gives you their adaptive technology. You fire a single thin focused laser that does very high single target damage that takes whatever element the target is weak to. As you keep the beam on the same target, the damage ramps up, and does void procs, which makes it easier for you to keep the beam on the enemy. Stacking void procs increases the size of the void bubble. This weapon is specifically designed to counter small numbers of very powerful sentient enemies.

Other than the sentient assimilation, all of these have similar AOE effects and are all launchers except the corpus laser. They all have useful or fun procs (mostly CC except infested). The damage should scale with the level of the assimilated enemy, and doing it on an elite unit should have some benefits so there's incentive to target elite units, such as larger AOE.

Assimilating has a fixed energy cost, and grants you ammo per enemy assimilated. Casting it on at least one enemy grants you the weapon by replacing your primary, and can be reloaded by casting it again anytime. The weapon can be discarded by pressing and holding the ability button. It behaves like an exalted weapon and can be modded using rifle/launcher mods. Alternatively, instead of replacing your primary, it can replace the ability, so subsequent ability button presses fires the weapon until it's out of ammo or discarded, in this case you cannot reload and can only generate new ammo when you've run out of ammo on the current gun.

For balancing, it should be used on corpses. As cool as it would be to rip enemies into weapons, it feels like a cheap way to remove special units. On the other hand, Grendel can just eat and yeet, so I guess there's a precedent for being able to assimilate living enemies instead of corpses. In that case, the energy cost should be high to balance being able to just eliminate enemies by making them into weapons.

I'm going with a "Glitch the matrix" Neo "the one" sort of vibe.

Passive:  Reassemble, all revives are instant and gains an extra revive, down side is player always instantly revives while they have revives.  This will still work in Arbitration 1x only, since it's +1 revive.  There is no xp penalty for the first revive a player uses in a mission.

1) Nannites  player releases nanite spore dust cloud around them that benefit themselves and allies as a toggle with drain, you can only toggle one at a time
Cycles the following:
A) Buff DR of team PBAoE Medium
B) Buff Evasion of Team PBAoE Small
C) Buff Speed of Team  PBAoE Large

Any player/ally caught in the cloud receives the buff, it lasts X time plus duration mods if they leave the cloud.  Ending the buff toggle allows the player to retain it for the same amount of time.

2) Offensive nannite hack attack, aimed beam single shot of nannites, gives radiation proc 100% that spreads rapidly by proximity (not successful attack from proc) and does moderate DoT and lowers their evasion over time as well, meaning it's easier for them to hit each other.   Basically a slower moving, localized Nyx chaos

3) There is no spoon placeholder name timed cast
This one is an altered version of Baruuk's Elude, player only (not team) large increase to evasion, can still attack and move and bullet jump.  Combining this with Nannites should not reach 100% (95% cap regardless of stacked items) evasion even with max PS, but should be a substantially drastic increase their survivability

4) Glitch Mode timed cast heavy cost
Enemies are frozen and pop in and out quickly like a glitch around the screen in a small area, projectiles (not hit scan) are also affected.  This lasts a short time, buying players time to do whatever, it's essentially a pause enemy ability, you can still damage them, but targeting them is much harder.  This is kind of a modified limbo ability with different visuals, enemies should appear "glitchy" ie pixelated in various spots

This gives them a utility Buff, a CC damage, a defense and a unique ultimate.

A couple ideas, not sure which slots they fit in.

Whispers (Passive maybe?) - The warframe whispers in many voices, affecting enemies depending on which voice they hear. Triggers one of following effects: confusion, fear, aggression, sleep.

Screams - Damage and stun nearby enemies with a painful scream.

Parasite - The warframe's void essence leaves the body, infiltrating an enemy and slowly killing them. Gain momentary control of the enemy's movements (stealth aspect). The warframe body reassembles upon the enemy's death. Use again to jump to a new host while leaving a void damage-over-time to the previous host.

Passive: Frame Synergy; Depending on which of the 4 options for your 3 you have selected you will either

·Legs: Buff allies speed

·Head: Buff crit chance for allies and companions

·Torso:Debuff enemy armour.

·Arm:Buffs allies' melee 

---------------------

1.Amalgam: Uses enemy corpses and destroyed environment as throwable objects dealing damage to enemies.

(Augment mod: Amalgam Shell; Hold down the activation button to use collected parts as armour. Damage taken drains energy.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2. Infused Palms: Drains targeted enemy and buffs depending on enemy, i.e. Corpus; Buffs shields. Grineer; Buffs Armour. Infested; Buffs Health.

(Augment mod: Further Infused; Along with buffs the frame also gets damage boost to weapons, i.e. Corpus; Electric. Grineer; Heat. Infested; Toxic.)

3. Dismantled Effigy: Frame dismantles itself uses selected part as a stationary totem.

(Augment mod: Wandering Effigy; Effigy is no longer stationary, it now follows you.)

·Head: Indicates any enemy in range on mini map.

·Legs: Void legs appear around all allies and spin around at high speeds, damaging enemies in close range. Also gives resistance to knockdown. 

·Torso: The torso acts as a voodoo doll, shooting at the torso will  damage enemies in range but lessen overall health for the remainder of the mission.

·Arms: Void arms wrap around enemies holding them in place so you can finish them off.

4. Void Shatter: Uses all energy as it gathers void remnant until it reaches its limit and explodes leaving only and exposed core the more parts of yourself you have, the more damage youll deal. As a core you can only roll around and knock down weaker enemies until an ally retrieves your core, basically reviving you, the more of your parts in a radius, the more health youll have when revived. Which ever part is missing will be replaced by makeshift void energy.

(Augment mod: Imploding Detonation: Upon explosion you create a vacuum field pulling in loot, scattered frame parts and enemies toward your core.)

My idea is that, since he's a Broken Warframe and he is kept hold together by Void energy:

Passive:

His passive should give him a Bigger Energy pool and a higher energy restore from any source(this makes it a very Ability dependant Warframe)

Ability 1:

Spends 70% of his current Energy to cast a ball of void energy in a targeted spot, this ball gets bigger and deals more damage based on how much energy has been used(long Cooldown)

Ability 2: 

Breaks himself, heavily reducing his armor, health and shields for some seconds, has immunity during cast animation, gives a damage boost to his allies for the duration(can be canceled but gains only 50% of his total health/shield)

Ability 3:

Gives a portion of his energy to a target Ally.

Ability 4:

Being a broken warframe makes him able to be any random Warframe. Uses all his Energy to transform and use the abilities of any warframe(in the current game or in general). During the transformation he loses energy fast but all of the abilities of the warframe he transformed into has 0 cost(they still have cooldowns), casting the transformed warframe ultimate will consume his energy faster but it's a powered up version of the original ultimate.

PASSIVE: Enemies killed have a chance to drop parts that can be picked up thus gaining armor, shields or health depending on the target's faction (grineer, corpus, infested..etc) can be stacked multiple times with a cap. (This will appear physically on the Warframe, EX: collecting grineer armor parts will or could look like an actual grineer pauldron, Armguard, head attached to you instead of just being a number on the corner of your screen)

1-Shatter Hope: The warframe breaks his arms into segments and elongates it quickly impaling an enemy before "yoinking" them into the air and towards himself in a vertical arc, if recast while the enemy is airborne the warframe will quickly dash towards it and strike it dealing high damage and sending their corpse backward as a missile creating a large AOE shockwave in the impact area, surviving enemies will have their armor greatly reduced. The enemy hit will drop parts even if its not killed. (As you recast the ability to dash towards the airborne enemy you'll be able to remain static in the air for a short time allowing you to aim where you want the poor soul to be blasted towards to, the warframe can instantly use the second part of the ability if an anemy is already airbone after a teammate meele slams or any other ability which could cause that to happen)

2-Bend Their Will: The Warframe strips part of himself and attaches it to a target enemy controlling it against their will, receiving a substantial damage and health increase while forcing them to attack their allies. % incoming damage towards the Warframe is redirected towards the controlled minion. Additionally the Warframe can attach these part to an ally to bolster their hp and damage output. 

3-Shred: Consume the parts picked up from dead enemies (passive) and eject them in an instant explosion blinding and slashing enemies. If an enemy is controlled it will also perform a larger explosion around itself. Allies hit by the explosion will share the warframe's passive as a buff. (Buff strength will depend on how many parts were gathered before the explosion)

4-Sacrosanct Gallows: Void tendrils erupt from the warframe hanging nearby enemies by their necks, enemies hung will have their health drained and additional damage dealt to them. The warframe can move around and fire while enemies are hung. Hung enemies always drop parts. The controlled enemy will also have a gallow of its own. (The enemies will be ragdolled for the duration of the ability, if a hung enemy is killed the tendril will latch into another enemy to hang them)

most of this based on the idea that the roots are the frame and parts are just limbs it carries with it and sorry for bad names

passive :cracked

30% percent chance to dodge any hit , bullet ,beam etc. as they pass through the cracks in his body (like titania`s dust)

1st ability : seeking roots

mark enemies (like ash) then release your roots  into the floor digging then impale the marked enemies making them ragdolls for a period of time (like garuda but you can still kill them normally and without health drain)(charge trigger)(you impale as many enemies your cursor can pass over while it charges for 3-4 seconds)(cant move while charging)

augment mod :entangling roots

enemies impaled by roots are then thrown to one spot and impaled by one big root allowing for more damage with less ammo

2nd ability :blast break

plant your self into the ground then choose 6 directions to launch your body parts with your mouse(head , torso, 2 arms , 2 legs) then hold to release the parts ricocheting off of walls and enemies dealing damage (each part ricochets 5 times before coming back to you)(cant move when casting the abilities)(you cant move while this ability is active but you can cast your 3 to move while your parts ricochet)

augment mod : fragile limbs

your parts ricochet only once for 100% more damage

3rd ability :innocent crawl

impale an enemies then disassemble and fall on the floor crawling (spider or snake like or maybe ragdoll)with increased speed while holding the enemy as a decoy to blend in become basically invisible (channelling aka energy over time)

augment mod : revealed trick

after you stop the ability you set up the enemy like a puppet that attract enemies to shoot it while they think you are still there (useful for getting rid of annoying or bulky enemies by distracting them with the other enemies shooting them ?)

4th ability :branching roots

expand the void roots in his body make his solid body parts branch out like a tree growing out branches and impale any enemies in (x) meters with your roots as you drain them for a percentage of their health (1st toggle) use them a live shields to stop attacks until they die like volt or atlas not just adding armor(the shields follow your cursor but become translucent/transparent so that you can see(2nd toggle) or swinging them around like wrecking balls like a continuous slide attack where they would orbit you  (3rd toggle) you choose which one you want before casting (you can still move but at a reduced speed in this mode) (channeling ability aka drains energy over time)(cant use weapons while active)(maximum of 5 impaled enemies)(with 1st more enemies =more health)(with 2nd more enemies more shields)(with 3rd more enemies = more damage or more area coverage)(this ability is very much like the reaper from totally accurate battle simulator)

augment mod : launching roots

you can hold the ability button while its active to launch your roots the impaled enemies into a wall sticking them to that wall with massive puncture damage as well doing the same to any enemy in the way of your launch but with 35% reduced damage

Assembled from the remnants of Warframes destroyed during the Old War and held together by Void energy. 

Quest:

Why not build this WF from a part from each faction? It clearly has sentient parts (so it's not assembled only from remnants of old wfs).

The trigger can be the "hey kiddo" guy, in your railjack (if you don't have plans with him) or another mad scientist can initiate this project (or even Simaris or another  "broken" cephalon).

Then you go in a treasure hunting (some unique parts), to gather the required components for this "experiment" and you have the chance to visite some unique maps  (old Grineer base, old Corpus lab - could be underwater - some derelict infested ships, where some ancient creature lurks that has a special symbiosis substance, culminating with a void hunt for a special sentient part / core, you could even hunt the Stalker!).

Then, when you deliver all the parts to the "mad scientis" he traps you and tries to use tenno transference energy to assemble this "amalgam".

Then something goes wrong and you kind of get entangled with this amalgam. You escape and you have to seek guidance from someone who knows more about transference, because this "broken wf" cripples your operator abilities. With the help of this "guru" you gain mastery over the wf and can use it.

Passive-1: Greatly enhances Broken weapons (Broken Sword etc.). - has to come with some broke weapons as well that you can acquire in your quest (old bases have old parts that usually are broken).

Passive-2: When you become downed, you must fight in operator mode and have to resist 1 min. to automatically revive wf - infinite number of times. If you die in operator mode, then you have to spend one revive.

The abilities are centered around his many parts, and morphs from one technology to another, but being broken, it's very energy-consuming to keep them active (exponential growth over time).

Ab. 1 - Grineer (has to visibly morph into another structure, more greneer-like)

- lvl.1 improve health (+%)

- lvl.2 improve health (++%), armor (+%)

- lvl.3 improve health (+++%), armor (++%), damage to Grineer (+%)

Ab. 2 - Corpus (has to visibly morph into another structure, more corpus-like)

- lvl.1 improve energy (+%)

- lvl.2 improve energy (++%), shield (+%)

- lvl.3 improve energy( +++%), shield (++%), damage to Corpus (+%)

Ab. 3 - Sentient (has to visibly morph into another structure, more sentient-like)

- lvl.1 improve resistance - adaptation (+%)

- lvl.2 iimprove resistance - adaptation (++%)

- lvl.3 improve resistance - adaptation (+++%), dmg (+%), damage to sentient (+%)

Ab. 4 - Symbiotic (has to visibly morph into another structure, more symmetrical and organised, like an achieved balance state - very energy consuming)

- lvl.1 energy drain AoE (+%) - enemies generate blue particles that are absorbed by symbiot (this wf)

- lvl.2 energy drain AoE (++%), life drain AoE (+%) - enemies generate blue & red particles that are absorbed by symbiot (this wf)

- lvl.3 energy drain AoE (+++%), life drain AoE (++%), can teleport (same mechanic as archwing), a % of AoE drains are applied to allies too.

OR another set of abilities (if the above set forces you to ultimately use only ab. 4, thus all other 3 becoming useless):

Ab. 1: restore ammo to allies (and other goodies as you level this ab. up)

Ab. 2: use ammo and all other parts that lay in an AoE to reassemble itself (restore energy / health) (% increases with ab. level)

Ab. 3: enhance allies (dur. / eff. / range / str. - cycle and choose one)

Ab. 4: keep from above.

Thanks for this opportunity. GL.

15 hours ago, [DE]Helen said:

Community-Created-Warframe-Header-alt-blue.jpg

We’re calling upon the Warframe community to create the next Warframe! You can stay up-to-date on the design phases in the official Community-Designed Warframe thread.

Community artist, Eornheit has created the official Warframe concept art based on the Broken Warframe submitted by eaterofstorms!

We need four Abilities and a Passive to complete the community-designed Warframe. Share your ideas with us! The Warframe team will be using your ideas in-game.

Official Concept Art by Eornheit:

Broken_Warframe_Concept (1).png

The Dev Team has expounded eaterofstorms’s Broken Warframe theme. Use this description to inspire your Ability ideas!

Assembled from the remnants of Warframes destroyed during the Old War and held together by Void energy. 

How to submit:

In this thread, share a description of 1-4 Warframe Abilities and a Passive. Base your ideas on the Broken Warframe theme and Eornheit’s concept art!

You may include values with your Ability ideas, but please keep in mind that these values might be changed by the Dev Team later in the design phase.

Guidelines:

• One submission per player. Be sure to include all of your Ability ideas in one post!
  • 1-4 Ability ideas and 1 Passive idea per player.
  • Ability ideas can’t be changed after they are submitted. You may edit your post to make small changes like fixing typos. "Reason for edit" will be reviewed.
  • If there are duplicate submissions, only the one that was first posted will be considered - we’ll be watching!
  • Ability ideas must be original. Your submission can be from a post you made elsewhere as long as it’s your own!
  • Abilities might be slightly altered by the Dev Team as needed to ensure consistency with Warframe’s overall design. 
  • Do not reserve spots in this thread.
  • Only post submissions in this thread.
  • Submissions that do not follow these guidelines will not be considered. 
  • Chosen Ability ideas become property of Digital Extremes.

We understand that we can’t avoid duplicate submissions, so please do your best to submit ideas that have yet to be presented, and we’ll do our best when sorting through to ensure there is a fair opportunity for all!

Selecting the Final Abilities:

Call for submissions will close on Thursday, April 30 at 1:00pm ET.

The Warframe Team will review all submissions to select the community-created Warframe’s Abilities! We may mix and match submissions from multiple players. Please keep in mind that we might make small changes to Abilities to ensure the community-created Warframe is consistent with Warframe’s overall design.

Passive: Nearby allies (10 m range) receive on melee weapons a magnetic damage status effect with a 20% chance of triggering. The chance cannot be changed by mods, but The Power Will be increased by ability strength mods. 

1: Summons one fire spirit that patrols on a given area (30 m diametre) and creates a conic wave of flames in front of it when meeting enemies. The duration of The spell is initially 15 sec, but The duration is increased by 0,5 sec when it îs hit by a projectile (uneffected by AOE damage or laser) 

2: Every ally receives extra armor and health regen in a circule Around The Warframe. The ability consumes energy on activation and energy per second. Armor received: 200

Health regen: 3/sec

3: The warframe Launches from it's back swarmer projectiles that crash into Nearby enemies (15 m range) and set them on fire, after that, The flame spirit (first skill, if The Warframe is within spirit's range) becomes enraged and attacks rapidly The hit enemies

4:  The Warframe explodes morphing into flames and empower his active skills. Within 20 m he creates a fire hurricane that deals damage and applies for 5 secs from activation invincibili to him and Nearby allies (within range) The spell lasts 10 seconds and costs 200 energy

Spell empowering(increased effect, damage, healing, armor, range) 

This warFrame is made for support. It works very good with squishy but deadly Warframes. The ult allows to rescue Warframes în The middle of The fight. Good luck, best devs ever. 

Ability 1 (Burrow): Release parasites onto your enemies that leech (armor, health, or energy) based on your current armor (Above 75% Energy / Above 50% Health / Below 50% Armor). Enemies affected by Burrow take 15% more damage and on death have a 30% chance for their corpse to be consumed to create more drops. Parasites spread to nearby enemies on death.

Ability 2(Disengage): (Name Here) Fills his armor with parasites that split off gaining sentience, this decreases his max armor by 50% and using the skill again makes the parasites leech armor from nearby enemies refreshing their duration by 20%(Affected by duration mods)

Ability 3(Reconstruct): (Name here) Consumes 10 ammunition to repair his shattered armor by 10%(Scales with efficiency) and causes his Shattered Armaments to fully repair and gain increased damage at the cost of decreased range and attack speed.

Ability 4(Shattered Armaments): (Name here) Collects his broken armor shards to materialize a blade of fragments held together by energy or a rifle held together by his armor that releases sharp flak shards. The damage is scaled based on your missing armor and reconstruct can be used to make these weapons whole (Hold to cycle weapon).

Passive: Taking damage chips away at (name here)'s armor and increasing his movement speed and attack speed gradually scaling to +50% and reducing his armor by 25%.

Passive: Scorched piping, 5% of damage taken is returned to enemie that delt it in form of cold damage. Additional he lose one hp per two seconds.

1:Izotermic reaction, on cast starts to duplicate damage taken on separate counter, dealing additional 5%( rank zero- 1%, 1'st- 2%, 2'nd-4%, 3'rd-5%) of magazined damage as electrical one as wepon bonus, lowering slightly counter. On turning off, wave of magazined damage is relised, spreading for 40( rank zero- 10, +10 meters per rank) meters, healing for 20%( rank zero 5%, +5% per rank)of all damage made by ability. Cost is 10 energy to activate, and 1 energy per second for substaining the ability.

2:Modules Overwrite: On cast warframe and his allies in range of 20( rank zero- 5, +5 per rank)meters have power strenght, efficiency, duration and range( rank zero just power, each next bonus per rank) duplicated, but also gets -20% speed and life amount debuff for 14 seconds, costs 30 energy.

3: Scrap Metal, On cast changes with 100% (+25% per ability level) chance to transform resorces to life orb, and amunition to energy. When casted on to enemie, it gives 100% chance of giving bouth energy and live orbs. Costs 25 energy

4: Reforming, On cast syphons 20%( rank zero- 5%, +5% per rank) life from bouth enemies and allys, while gets immobilized for the ability duration( 5 seconds base). While reforming damage sended back to enemies from basic percent, changes to 100%( rank zero-25% +50% per rank), while also geting immunity to damage for 22( rank zero- 7 seconds, +5 seconds per rank) seconds, costs 50 energy.

1st ability:  Piece or pieces of warframe leaves the warframe and becomes a projectile that gets thrown at an enemy dealing damage and then coming back.

4th ability: Bonds that holds the parts becomes loose, making the Warframe's parts fly around. During this stage the movement speed is greatly reduced, incoming damage is greatly reduced and passing through enemies slightly damages them. It consumes energy every second. (Kinda like our ghost in destiny 2 when we die.)

Passive- generate energy to 100% after killing a certain amount of enemies

1st- slither: tendrils fall off frame and seek out enemies, dealing toxic damage.

2nd- asphyxiate: Enemies choke on tendrils and expand after a certain duration only to leave behind an explosion.

3rd- Grudge : The Broken Frame strips parts of himself (armor) granting nearby frames and self abilty strength.

4th-  Purge- enemies in a wide radius are split open if "slither" is activated tendrils will infect surviving enemies dealing damage over a certain amount of time.

Passive [Salvage] - Every 3 kill gains buff depends on the enemy killed. Max 6 stack. If there are more the 1 faction, it will receive 3 max of each property Visual: Gain property of the salvaged enemy e.g. grineer armor, corpus armor, infested flesh, etc. 

• Grineer - Fire Rate and Armor
  • Corpus - Shield and Critical Chance
  • Infested - Damage and Attack Speed
  • Corrupted - Movement Speed and Health Regen
  • Sentient - Damage Adaptation and Energy Regen

-----------

1. Encase -  Create small sphere around you. The sphere will pull the enemy towards the frame while deal a small amount of damage. 

2. Valence - Transfer you buff to ally. Ally received half the the buff. Cost 1 Salvages

3. Glitch - Randomly blink to an area and blinded/disarm enemy within the destination point. 2 sec blind/disarm duration/enemy. Cost 2 Salvages

4. Deconstruct - Use all the salvages stored to deal AoE damage depending on the salvaged enemy. Radiation for Grineer, Magnetic for Corpus, Corrosive/Gas for Infested, Blast for Corrupted and Void for Sentient

The idea is not only the frame is "broken", but it also try to build itself and adapt to it's environment.

Reconstruction(Passive):When the broken warframe dies he can use 100 (or more) energy to ressurect without needing to spend one of his revive tokens.The animation for this is longer than the animation from the revive to

Deconstruck and Rebuild:The warframe can use this ability on an enemy doing so the enemy will start taking damage as his limbs are being teared off.The ability is channel and while channeling he will heal.Once the ability ends the enemy affected by it will get stunned.Any healing dealt when at max health will give the warframe a small percentage back as extra health that cannot be replenished by any healing sources

(I cannot think of a name for the ability):Teleport from one possition to the other.This ability has a fairly long animation while teleporting but it makes up for that in range

Void Entagle:The warframe links all his allies to him.Each time an ally cast an ability a percentage of the ability cost is given to the broken warframe.When the broken warframe uses his 1st ability (Deconstruck and Rebuild) all allies will also be healed.Each time an ally or the broken warframe grabs energy,health,ammo etc.That will also be given to his alies

Overload:The warframe overloads his guns and himself with void energy making his abilities stronger while also reffiling energy health and shields and giving him extra weapon damage.

Passive: Unhinged

• The general theme of this warframe is closer to Corrupted Vor, where void energy is visibly (and barely) holding the body together.
  • The warframe's forearms and legs are physically detached from its abdomen. An experienced operator can leverage that flexibility to achieve what other warframe cannot.
  • Like Equinox, the bonus of this passive depends on a toggling ability, although the bonuses are smaller and permanent. See ability 1.

Ability 1: Uncanny motions

• By default, all limbs are in their correct places. This grants +30% parkour speed and +30% reload speed, suitable for standard gunplay.
  • Pressing 1 allows the broken warframe to swap its arms and legs, by instead flipping its torso upside down. This grants instead +1.2m to melee range, +50% knockdown recovery speed, and the warframe will always perform a perfectly timed flip from self-staggers. Suitable for melee and Staticors.
  • NB: its signature weapons should include a sparring weapon that further extends on this aspect.

Ability 2: Unfathomable void

• This is the Broken warframe's default nuke ability, similarly to Khora's whip and Gara's blades.
  • Pressing 2 when the broken warframe is correctly arranged will charge its primary weapon. The empowering void takes over the weapon and fires multiple bolts towards the  crosshair. This damage is scaled by primary mods.
  • Pressing 2 when the broken warframe is upside down will charge its melee weapon. The empowering void perform a 360-degree slash around the player. This damage is scaled by melee mods.
  • Augment: use secondary mods instead of primary mods, but distribute all shots against enemies near crosshair.

Ability 3: Undying terror

• The void reaches out and grabs limbs of slain foes, repurposing them to augment the Broken warframes' other abilities.
  • Pressing 3 will salvage nearby corpses for their parts within ~15m, up to a maximium of N limbs. Limbs are held in suspension around the Broken Warframe, and have "health".
  • With ability 2, each salvaged appendage fires an additional bolt, or increases the range of the radial slash. However, this also damages the limb (seee next).
  • A portion of health damage will be diverted to limbs, which will be destroyed upon running out of health.
  • Loves slash mods and Ripkas, but somewhat antisynergistic with Nekros. Can recycle Revenant's enthralled foes, but after they die.
  • Augment: drain warframe health to regenerate the limb's health.

Ability 4: Unlimited grasp

• The pinnacle of broken balance. This is the warframe's team buff / CC ability.
  • Pressing 4 will overcharge all limbs with void energy and send them away. Appendages will distribute themselves amongst nearby enemies or allies depending on the Broken Warframe's state at the time.
  • If 4 was pressed when the Broken warframe is correctly arranged, then each limb attacks an enemy in range. The void energy removes resistances against Sentients, but inflicts some debilitating CC on non-Sentients.
  • If 4 was pressed when the broken warframe is upside down, then limbs are distributed amongst nearby allies, providing damage redirection similar to ability 3. For the sake of visual clutter, other players should probably not see those appendages.
  • Augment: Instead of sending limbs from the warframe, use all slain body parts where they lie. Appendages near enemies attack, while appendages near allies defend.

1.it should have ability to dissemble himself and transform into enemy 

2.strangledome of body parts that can grab enemies 

3. Throws his fists up and hits ground too fast and lifts enemies in the air like rihno

4. Use his fist like grapple fists 

Passive: when hit have chance to heal or get energy or debuff

Archived