Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am i crazy? Im lowkey loving phage and thinking it is good

(PSN)grayhyh

I never used phage before Mainline so i dunno if its got better or worse but,I dunno i like it.

I killed lvl 100 sortie jackel in like less than a minute around 30-40 secs without rivens and warframe buffs,well my sentinel wep had vigi mods but only 2,weirdly enough more faster than my kuva tonkor with a riven and i modded tonkor with rad which has 75% more dmg against jackel,my kuva tonkor riven has crit chance crit damage and -puncture my kuva tonkor is good at one-2 shotting level 100 index enemies tho.

My phage build is primed blank point,primed charged shell,shell shock(got lucky and got it first time on this acc which is my second one),toxic barrage,blunderbuss,primed ravage,blaze and hells chamber

i kinda dont really dig the aiming mechanic and the lack of punchthru but i dunno i like it,i like sometime to not aim in and just run around to an enemys face and bless him with mah tentacles.

Im going to get gangbanged by meta guys now arent i? rip me.

I ranked up that weapon in the usual way, I didn't like the mechanics of how it worked, but that is obviously because it is something one must become used to.  I saw potential in it, but in my play style it's not for me.  I did believe at the time I was leveling it up that it potentially could be incredibly strong.  But, don't know that I'll invest a potato in it and rank it up 3 or 4 times to really find out.  

Glad to hear you are having such success with it.

And another opinion of mine... not related to the phage but even before the mainline i kinda hated phantasma,not sure what was the hype bout the gun other than high status and innate rad damage,i hated how much of a tiny mag it had and how it ate it all in a milisecond,even with a fast reload its a bit annoying to use and ammo reserves could be a bit higher for a wep with 11-12 fire rate i think? Tiny mag on a beam wep in warframe is a sin imo 

and the alt fire was like zarrs cannonballs but stronger and less fun to use than zarrs imo

Im going to get hanged by people now aint i? im going to hide in a cave brb.

Edited by (PS4)grayhyh

2 hours ago, (PS4)grayhyh said:

And another opinion of mine... not related to the phage but even before the mainline i kinda hated phantasma,not sure what was the hype bout the gun other than high status and innate rad damage,i hated how much of a tiny mag it had and how it ate it all in a milisecond,even with a fast reload its a bit annoying to use and ammo reserves could be a bit higher for a wep with 11-12 fire rate i think? Tiny mag on a beam wep in warframe is a sin imo 

and the alt fire was like zarrs cannonballs but stronger and less fun to use than zarrs imo

I used hate the phantasma so much as well. Until recently that is. After not using it since it came out and I leveled it to 30 and shelved it, I found it really fun to use, at least it's alt fire. I don't if it was the armor changes or just good ol time but I enjoy it now.

I also used to use the phage a lot, even have a riven for it, haven't touched it in a while so I might have to pick it up again!

It is pretty powerful now that the weirdness with status per projectile that make things strange for beam weapons is resolved. 

That being said, the focusing mechanic is not something I enjoy.

I do not enjoy any mechanic that has some sort of spool time or possibility to waste ammo, that you cannot compensate before hand, when you start shooting. 

It's more of a " me" problem though. 

4 hours ago, (PS4)grayhyh said:

but even before the mainline i kinda hated phantasma,not sure what was the hype bout the gun other than high status and innate rad damage,i hated how much of a tiny mag it had and how it ate it all in a milisecond,even with a fast reload its a bit annoying to use and ammo reserves could be a bit higher for a wep with 11-12 fire rate i think? Tiny mag on a beam wep in warframe is a sin imo 

It made more sense before the shotgun status and AoE reworks, when it could do pretty obscene damage despite those drawbacks.

4 hours ago, (PS4)grayhyh said:

Oh god. You’re making me miss pre shotgun nerf Phantasma now.

You are mad, McMad. You defy META. You use fodder. You use preference of fun instead of efficiency!

Wait where you are and go with the nice men in white. They will have a gif for you: a Jacket with many belts and chains so you can imagine yourself as a protagonist of some game.

4 hours ago, Hollow_Knight said:

This statement sums up a lot of what I think is wrong with Warframe these days.

Screw the meta, enjoy the shiny laser-tentacle gun.

I hate metas too, but unfortunately, sometimes they're inevitable when they become the most effective way to complete certain missions or events.  Like the Limbo, Mesa, Frost, Nova meta team have been so darn good in getting through the space mission in Scarlet event.  Many may disagree, but on the teams I played with, we breezed through them at the higher levels because of that meta team.

Phage did recieve some changes, I didn't exactly notice them, mostly because I don't have it equipped thay often. 

I did realize that hunter munitions does work fairly well, kind of like mutalist cernos built for crit, and having hunter munitions. 

As others have said, play what you like! I enjoy the latron, burston, tiberon, argonak and veldt. And despise the sybaris. As long as you can make it work, who cares what you bring?

That said, all primaries and secondaries need a condition overload, or consecutive hits deal more damage to put them on par with mêlée, even these days. Remember the ether sword? That thing can land 500k hits now. Feel free to fool around! 

10 hours ago, Electra-VIIX said:

I hate metas too, but unfortunately, sometimes they're inevitable when they become the most effective way to complete certain missions or events.  Like the Limbo, Mesa, Frost, Nova meta team have been so darn good in getting through the space mission in Scarlet event.  Many may disagree, but on the teams I played with, we breezed through them at the higher levels because of that meta team.

Inevitable?  Certainly, and unquestionably effective.  The issue with the meta is always the way it's enforced by the community.  After all, if people always want to play with the same team set-up they could just... make some friends and form a clan?

I loved the Phage since it first came out. Even with all the changes the game has gone through since then, its always remained a fun gun. Sure, there are plenty of other weapons with superior stats, but who cares? Its still strong enough to handle most of the game, and it has interesting mechanics to make it fun to use. Its also a good boy that likes belly rubs.

Though, I do miss the old crotch tentacle glitch...

Congrats on finding a weapon you enjoy that is your choosing as opposed to what is the hotness of the moment. 

When I started playing, I was using the Phage as my Boss hunting weapon. Was good to direct those streams at the weak spots and concentrate that fire right into them. Especially when we were hunting Ember parts. 

Keep playing with different builds and different weapons that are in the game. It is lots of fun seeing how things interact in a game with so many weapons and powers to use. That is what keeps the game fresh on my table.

Cheers 🥂

Yeah sometimes we gotta Quit waiting for some popular youtuber/steamer to hold our hands, plug our ears to the meta crowd and just try things out ourselves.

There's plenty of hidden gems out there, but a lot of us stopped sharing info outside our circle because DE can be heavy handed with their nerfs.