Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What keeps you playing Railjack IF you still play it?

DreisterDino

I have all intrinsics maxxed out for month, all avionics, badass ships with great weapons. 

The reason i look forward to play again are the following: 

- After my ship was maxxed i enjoyed flying the railjack, shooting stuff was fun. I feeled the ship is even with all those maxxed avionics very clunky, slow and it simply felt not good. I saw they did some tweaks there and i hope i can get a couple hours of fun out of it. 

- Testing new archwing weapons (esp. Melee and velocitus): I played all missions solo and mostly with amesha and 1-2 archwing weapons. I hated flying railjack, but i loved the archwing gemeplay, got riven for my aw weapons and build them for mass destruction xd. Im looking forward to do this again. 

When i can give u tipp, for me the most r10 intrinsic with high value was the one, where u can fly ship and when u have a hull breach u can repair with mini map.  U click on it and u dont have to to ghere. Esp. if you play solo it safes so much time. It didnt work recently when u were in flying seat but they said they fixed it. 

Fun and try finding best build is the only thing that can make me play the game in general after u have nothing to chase or hunt. When u got all arcanes, 5999 MR points away from MR 29, 1000  hydro caps there wont be much left to do. My own endgame is getting to enemy lvl 9999 solo in survival and defence. I did survival but defencd i think i ll give up. The deff target is the most stupid thing i have ever seen. 

2 hours ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Mostly it’s been about how overwhelmed I get 🤔 I’m curious as to what you mean by “Think tactically”. I can shoot straight and fly right while playing keep-away, but eventually the fight makes its way to me, and once those ramsleds start hitting me and decompression looms, things start going sideways. Makes me look forward to when my partner comes on board and can help deal with things

By tactically, I mean planing how to engage a spawn for example. What to prioritize, how to time your actions, how to avoid vulnerable positions etc.

You know, as opposed to regular Warframe, where we are so used to be demigods that we just rush in to the middle of the action and press 4.

Playing keep away when starting helps a ton, which seems to be what you are already doing, having your enemies moving at you in a straight line really helps.

So does using the terrain to your advantage.

Fighter enemies aren't very smart and will crash into rocks if you lure them there. Using big space rocks to shield yourself against crew ships is also pretty important early on.

Keeping tabs on your revolite and resources, so you can optimize runs to the forge when necessarily, and never run out of fixing glue. Remember, if you're not fighting you're not getting resources.

Always prioritize ramsleds, as they will slow you down considerably early on. If there's a crew ship, wait a bit to see if they launch a ramsled before engaging.

Timing when to take down a crew ship, like for example making use of your invulnerability phase when you fix a breach, so you can gain more time when going in.

Making sure to prioritize Outriders if they are anywhere close, as they can cause a lot of damage fast. One missile will typically do the trick.

When boarding, be fast at it, quick in, blow reactor, back out. There's a good chance that while you're doing this, you will have a critical breach. Don't panic, when you get used to this, there's plenty of time to go in and out and back again to fix it.

But most of all, it's ultimately about gaining experience. The more you do it, the more you develop your player skills, and a lot of this just becomes second nature, and you don't really think about it.

I'm sure there's a lot more that I'm forgetting, since I've done this when Railjack launched, and it's been a while.

Needless to say, as soon as you start picking up some avionics and build Sigma series weapons/components from your Dojo, everything becomes way easier. And if you feel you can't handle this kind of "stressful" environment that we had at early stages of RJ, you can always get a team to help you out.

.... but again, maybe you shouldn't really be wasting your time at this point, since in about 4 hours the revised update hits consoles, and everything will be easy.

• Like 2

I like space opera mode and fighting skirmishes because its cool and I eagerly await any new content to be introduced soon. Right now we are overpowered in veil, but it's all in anticipation of much more difficult and tougher enemies to come. I know I'm gonna be ready...

10 minutes ago, Vit0Corleone said:

.... but again, maybe you shouldn't really be wasting your time at this point, since in about 4 hours the revised update hits consoles, and everything will be easy.

Thanks for the tips 👍 I’ll keep them in mind.

🤔 You sound quite confident in this quoted statement. If everything is easy, have attempts been made to make it hard? Looking forward to testing it out to see what it takes myself; I’m quite curious to see from a starting player’s perspective what all the hubbub’s about

2 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Thanks for the tips 👍 I’ll keep them in mind.

🤔 You sound quite confident in this quoted statement. If everything is easy, have attempts been made to make it hard? Looking forward to testing it out to see what it takes myself; I’m quite curious to see from a starting player’s perspective what all the hubbub’s about

Not sure what you mean with attempts to make it hard.

It was hard, that's the version you're currently running. Hard didn't appeal to the general player base, so they made it considerably easier with the Railjack revised update that you will be getting in a few hours.

How easy is it going to be? I can't tell for sure, since I can't exactly compare myself. But you can, I'd be curious to read your feedback.

I do remember seeing some players stream testing on the PTS environment, and they were able to basically sit on Earth with a bare bones Railjack and not really taking much damage, to the point one of them even alt+tabbed and went to play another game for a couple minutes while waiting to see what happened. Nothing happened.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Vit0Corleone said:

Not sure what you mean with attempts to make it hard.

It was hard, that's the version you're currently running. Hard didn't appeal to the general player base, so they made it considerably easier with the Railjack revised update that you will be getting in a few hours.

How easy is it going to be? I can't tell for sure, since I can't exactly compare myself. But you can, I'd be curious to read your feedback.

I do remember seeing some players stream testing on the PTS environment, and they were able to basically sit on Earth with a bare bones Railjack and not really taking much damage, to the point one of them even alt+tabbed and went to play another game for a couple minutes while waiting to see what happened. Nothing happened.

👍 I’ll convey my findings, though it may take a while to put it through its paces.

I didn’t notice a reduction in fighter damage in the patch notes... I’ll have to look through them again

edit: When I said “attempts to make it hard” I was referring to stripping down until it’s hard again, though you answered that a bit with your reference to the PTS stream, which has definitely made me more curious to see what it’s like

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

7 hours ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

In another thread you and I were discussing the difficulty decrease in Railjack, and when I asked if you could make the fights harder by stripping back, you said a player can solo Veil easily with a stock-standard Railjack.

I’m struggling to make it through the first Earth node with my brand new un-upgraded Railjack. I have no problem with this, mind, I want a fight, but it’s definitely making me wonder what you were doing to trivialise Veil with the base Railjack

edit: I was laughing so hard as everything was going wrong 😆 Fires, decompression, Grineer. The odd bomb. I’m pretty sure they were having a crazy party and were punching holes in my ship and setting fires for fun. Couldn’t find them all ‘cause I needed to jump back and forth between the party and the front to take out fighters, so when I failed and ended up back in drydock I’m pretty sure my dojo got an indeterminate amount of Grineer partiers hiding in the vents and in the corners, places where I can’t see them but know they’re there

So you have not gotten the update yet and are struggling. Prior to the update I solo'd my way to the veil in a clan tech railjack, after the update I can run it with only one avionic installed. I'd be willing to bet Vito could do the same.

Railjack changes now on console. I really like most of the changes, the reduction of avionic costs in particular was a very good addition as is the increase of credit rewards and intrinsic gains.

My one and only grip so far is the butchering of the boost. Pre-changes my railjack felt much more agile with the boosting. I guess I just need to adjust, would be nice if they did look at the boosting a bit more

• Like 1

11 hours ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

In another thread you and I were discussing the difficulty decrease in Railjack, and when I asked if you could make the fights harder by stripping back, you said a player can solo Veil easily with a stock-standard Railjack.

I’m struggling to make it through the first Earth node with my brand new un-upgraded Railjack. I have no problem with this, mind, I want a fight, but it’s definitely making me wonder what you were doing to trivialise Veil with the base Railjack

edit: I was laughing so hard as everything was going wrong 😆 Fires, decompression, Grineer. The odd bomb. I’m pretty sure they were having a crazy party and were punching holes in my ship and setting fires for fun. Couldn’t find them all ‘cause I needed to jump back and forth between the party and the front to take out fighters, so when I failed and ended up back in drydock I’m pretty sure my dojo got an indeterminate amount of Grineer partiers hiding in the vents and in the corners, places where I can’t see them but know they’re there

Well, the very first statement is correct, i too did solo almost all veil maps (only 1 left to do) "easy" just NOT using the railjack at all, so yes, even a basic railjack doesnt matter.

Turning around and running to end of map, going with Archwing, lure fighters on the biggest debris you can find, the galleon work pretty well for example as do those "crumbled structures" (normal asteroids and even the murex dont work really well instead), hide in a hole and wait until all the 90 fighter splat themselves (btw you could aggro them just shooting on their direction AND against your cover, they was still coming to you and crashing), exit collect all the loot then board and stealth kill every moving (and not moving too) thing on crew ships and bases, ofc with sleepvara (with a meetha even better 45k affinity from an officer are nice :p).

7x intrinsic a run, various mk3 stuff, ZERO danger. (tried without sleepvara stealth kills and same run give 7 intrinsic).

Right now the intrinsic you get a run are 80+, that IF you can manage to park your RJ where the enemy's cant spawn cuz right now crewships spawn right on top of it, so basically soloing now is kinda harder less hp or not (that didnt mattered at all even prepatch seen even highest mobs was 1 hit when sleeping and fighters was just suiciding).

But well, officers can drop dual stats mods for archwings (and i hope it also mean archguns) so am looking foward to that (no luck for now tho).

Here's an example how it work now, notice my RJ happily parked "inside" the structure, all fighters suicided while i was "killing" first 2 crewships (the 3 in the image are empty, no one alive inside, if a boarding party get to RJ omnitool emergency teleport then back to crewships slaughtering, ofc sadly not always there's that structure on the map.

Hum, how we can post SS's here lol, been a while am trying and no luck, well, here's the url.

https://freeimage.host/i/J0ZkvI

Edited by (PS4)Miciobestia
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Nichivo said:

So you have not gotten the update yet and are struggling. Prior to the update I solo'd my way to the veil in a clan tech railjack, after the update I can run it with only one avionic installed. I'd be willing to bet Vito could do the same.

How did you do it? 🤔 

Which? You can solo gian point with one of 3 different avionics in under ten minutes, one of those avionics drop on the earth proxima pretty often. As for Ruse Warfield(highest level node) you will spend more time doing the side missions than it takes to kill 6 crewships and however many random fighters. No I don't mean using archwing to do the railjack missions. There is no reason to even bother with archwings since they nerfed the content.

2 hours ago, Nichivo said:

Which? You can solo gian point with one of 3 different avionics in under ten minutes, one of those avionics drop on the earth proxima pretty often. As for Ruse Warfield(highest level node) you will spend more time doing the side missions than it takes to kill 6 crewships and however many random fighters. No I don't mean using archwing to do the railjack missions. There is no reason to even bother with archwings since they nerfed the content.

I don’t know, whichever one uses the Railjack the most. If it’s not clear to you by now I’m a new Railjack player asking a more experienced player how they so easily dealt with some of the harder areas in the content with no upgrades. I don’t even know the names of the nodes beyond this “Veil” word everyone keeps dropping.

After the update, how did you trivialise a difficult node (take your pick) that uses Railjack heavily with the same non-upgraded ship as I’m using right now? I would love insight into what it takes, mainly to satisfy my curiosity

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

13 minutes ago, Nichivo said:

O K

Basically what that the rework did is "fix the exploits old pro's used to max everything".(no more infinite crewships for sleepvara's, "no more" hiding RJ, void hole nerfed, even more funny if you loiter around too much even if all ships are dead you get some kind of autodefeat seem).

Oh and i defo hope Seeker Volley isnt among 1 of the 3 you mentioned cuz no way you can solo anything in void with this without some kind of energy flux glitch, same for dome charges, tried it in veil and rofled, needed 3 shots for 1 ship).

Would be nice to se a video about how you solo any veil mission with your so unmodded railjack.

Oh, and now there's also that Glassmaker that basically turn mobs invincible for a while every ship/whatever you board in exchange of 30 crappy points......

As for new RJ players best advice i can give is farm Cutters until you get Seeker Volley then spam Posit as fast as you can (doing the lazy way can clear 2 times in few mins using just Seeker volley and the dome for crew ships), now can give 1200 titanium as prize (and a few intrisic as bonus), at least you will have enough for the stuff you're gonna get later (got 18 mk3 in need of repair and not enough titanium right now to even fix one lol).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Miciobestia said:

Oh and i defo hope Seeker Volley isnt among 1 of the 3 you mentioned cuz no way you can solo anything in void with this without some kind of energy flux glitch, same for dome charges, tried it in veil and rofled, needed 3 shots for 1 ship).

Can't speak for others, but when I first arrived at Veil, all I had was Particle Ram, so it was very much using RJ guns only and the occasional ramming.

Eventually I got Void Hole, and Munitions Vortex later on when I was pretty much done already with the progression.

Worth mentioning that at the time ( I don't know if this is still the case or not ), each time you gained an intrinsics point, you would get full energy/flux. This allowed using Void Hole way more than we can now (I think?) - keep in mind that this for me was before the reworking of the reactors RNG, so my reactor wasn't very good.

IIRC, at the time the only battle avio that dropped early on Earth was Seeker Voley, but that wouldn't even be enough to one shot enemies in Saturn. Seeker Voley did, however, help quite a bit because it allowed farming Earth very efficiently for Titanium, etc. resources that I needed to start building House weapons/components.

One thing to consider here, is that I didn't rush. That is to say, my transition from Earth to Saturn to Veil took its time, gaining experience, collecting avios, build stuff ( I built all House MK1-2-3 along the way, since Sigma wasn't yet available, used 3x repair drones in the process so I wouldn't have to wait the build time ). I only jumped to a new zone when I felt comfortable enough, and even with that, I remember distinctly trying Veil the first time and going back to Saturn thinking "Ok, I'm not ready yet, need to work a bit more on the build"

As for crew ships, I'm pretty sure I just boarded them, as at the time I didn't even have forward artillery avio, and solo would be a PITA to keep crafting dome charges.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)Miciobestia said:

Basically what that the rework did is "fix the exploits old pro's used to max everything".(no more infinite crewships for sleepvara's, "no more" hiding RJ, void hole nerfed, even more funny if you loiter around too much even if all ships are dead you get some kind of autodefeat seem).

Again, can't speak for others, but in my case I tried the sleep Ivara method / abort farm, and got bored of it pretty fast. Much more fun ( to me ) just to play the real thing.

I'd argue that at least part of the people that more "abused" this method, are the ones who didn't really enjoy Railjack and just wanted to milk the MR out of the intrinsics.

Also, IIRC that "fix" came a long time ago, way before this last revisited update.

• Like 1

Oh, good that you mentioned it, nope, NOW you dont get flux energy refilled when you gain 1 intrinsic.

Btw, sleepvara dont really needed the "abort" exploit to be exploited to the hell (when i started RJ that was gone already still, is at least x10 more intrisics if you use sleepvara than not) was enough finish the mission, mission on which you could spawn as many crewship you wanted just "stealing 1 without destroying it, voila a new one is there", i'd argue that those who exploited it are those that got 10 on all pretty fast seen how much less you get doing without it.

But dw, am around from too much to waste to much time CatFight forum vets.

Am just waiting for some video of "how it's done by pros" now that's so easy (ofc with 10 on all intrinsic, all maxed avionic/grid and best gear, pretty sure will still be fun see how it go a void solo, even better with base/galleon, now some enemys can spawn AFTER you killed all the required fighters/crewships, counters are gone and map is empty).

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Miciobestia said:

Am just waiting for some video of "how it's done by pros" now that's so easy (ofc with 10 on all intrinsic, all maxed avionic/grid and best gear, pretty sure will still be fun see how it go a void solo, even better with base/galleon, now some enemys can spawn AFTER you killed all the required fighters/crewships, counters are gone and map is empty).

I'm not a "pro", but I don't think that's even possible now. How would you even replicate the "old" railjack to do something like that? Or were you thinking about some other scenario? ( I wouldn't mind giving it a go if it sounds fun ).

I do have a few videos of my solo runs on the Veil before revised, if that helps. But it's fully geared.

You can use tether which drops on earth, to remove entire spawns of fighters, if a crewship fires at you dodge, or put something between it and you. First crewship, slingshot kill pilot, grab the ship, then omni teleport back. Now you have a decoy for the other crewships to shoot. You can either down the engines with carcinox, or your prefered gun, and tycho, or sling aboard, and destroy gens, or if you can aim just tycho the shield out, then use the forward artillery, and aim for an engine. Anytime you get a ramsled launch target him and use a tycho, one usually kills it, unless it flew through a healing bubble. 

If you have particle ram and rank it up, you can fly around and ram everything to death(on earth), while sucking up the loot. spend 30 minutes speed running rian belt like that and you will likely also get the rare drops cruising speed, and deep hold. plus enough resource to make a clan tech mk3 engine, reactor, shield array, and I recommend carcinox. Clan tech is good enough to skate through all the content now even solo. I solo'd it in clan tech before the revisit, which took some effort. That is the problem! After doing so the revisit makes it feel effortless, even without a built ship, and most avionics. 

You don't need anything more then some clan tech, and one avionic drop from earth, and enough intrinsic for the 7 to reach the void. Gian is easy and ruse is not much harder. If you want to ignore making flux all the time, even if using seeker volley then break the meta and use a zetki reactor/and/or hyperflux, it's not like you actually need 100 points in avionics that is just youtuber nonsense.

By the way the only time you are going to see spawns after missions done, is if you are within 5.5k(give or take a bit) meters of a platform, or something containing ramsleds.

15 hours ago, SocialFox said:

Wait ... does that mean you stop gainint any intrinsic points once you max out the ones we have now? so no stockpiling intrinsics for when "Command" comes around?

I guess I won't upgrade my last ones then.

no it does not matter. you are capped at 4092 regardless whether you upgrade your last one or not.
Ie, if you hit 10 10 9 10 (since gun 10 is Sh!t), you will be capped at 512 intrinsic, and upon getting them you will still be capped even if you don't upgrade it to 10

Edited by Leyers_of_facade

1 hour ago, Nichivo said:

<snip>

Thanks for taking the time to write this insight into how you play. It’s fun seeing the perspective of others, how they tackle challenges and what the experience is like, and I feel it’s answered my question 👍 

I figure I might as well turn this post an update for @Vit0Corleone into how the new player experience is going (don’t worry, I’ll make my own topic for future updates, and sorry for filling up your topic so far, OP 😓 This’ll most likely be my last post for this context). I’m sad to say my only experience with the pre-update content is the first node on Earth, but can’t be both a new player and a vet so I’m glad to have the rare chance to speak from the perspective of someone starting out who has an impression (vague as it is) of the before while going through the content in the wake of the after.

Massive difference so far. It’s harder. Which is exciting!

I only got the chance to try and fail the mission about 5 times before the update, but straight off the bat there’s been an increase in fighters (probably that increased fighters at all alert levels mentioned in the patch notes). Before I was facing probably 4 - 8(?) at a time, and while they took about 10 hits to kill, I tended to know where they were and could clear them out without too much fuss. The bigger ships were the problem, since they kept hitting my ship hard the moment I had to duck out of the pilot seat to deal with something, and I couldn’t outrun them once they got within the range.

After the patch I’ve played one mission during lunch, and I didn’t even get a chance to leave the pilot seat or get hit by a ramsled. The fighters swarmed! I must have been facing the entire extermination quota by time I failed. I don’t know what those on the PTS were doing, @Vit0Corleone, but I was not able to sit there and have nothing happen. The bigger ship didn’t get to hit me much if at all, it was those fighters hounding me ceaselessly that sent me back to drydock. 5 hits to kill versus 10 did not an easier fight make.

I acknowledge that this has been only one datapoint, and that I need to put the update through more of its paces, but I’m even more excited to have my partner manning the guns, because while I nearly had the mission complete on my 5th pre-patch attempt, I don’t think I can solo this thing now without some serious cheese (which I’m not interested in).

Looking forward to testing more!

Edited by (NSW)Greybones
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Thanks for taking the time to write this insight into how you play. It’s fun seeing the perspective of others, how they tackle challenges and what the experience is like, and I feel it’s answered my question 👍 

I figure I might as well turn this post an update for @Vit0Corleone into how the new player experience is going (don’t worry, I’ll make my own topic for future updates, and sorry for filling up your topic so far, OP 😓 This’ll most likely be my last post for this context). I’m sad to say my only experience with the pre-update content is the first node on Earth, but can’t be both a new player and a vet so I’m glad to have the rare chance to speak from the perspective of someone starting out who has an impression (vague as it is) of the before while going through the content in the wake of the after.

Massive difference so far. It’s harder. Which is exciting!

I only got the chance to try and fail the mission about 5 times before the update, but straight off the bat there’s been an increase in fighters (probably that increased fighters at all alert levels mentioned in the patch notes). Before I was facing probably 4 - 8(?) at a time, and while they took about 10 hits to kill, I tended to know where they were and could clear them out without too much fuss. The bigger ships were the problem, since they kept hitting my ship hard the moment I had to duck out of the pilot seat to deal with something, and I couldn’t outrun them once they got within the range.

After the patch I’ve played one mission during lunch, and I didn’t even get a chance to leave the pilot seat or get hit by a ramsled. The fighters swarmed! I must have been facing the entire extermination quota by time I failed. I don’t know what those on the PTS were doing, @Vit0Corleone, but I was not able to sit there and have nothing happen. The bigger ship didn’t get to hit me much if at all, it was those fighters hounding me ceaselessly that sent me back to drydock. 5 hits to kill versus 10 did not an easier fight make.

I acknowledge that this has been only one datapoint, and that I need to put the update through more of its paces, but I’m even more excited to have my partner manning the guns, because while I nearly had the mission complete on my 5th pre-patch attempt, I don’t think I can solo this thing now without some serious cheese (which I’m not interested in).

Looking forward to testing more!

It's a shame you are not on pc I would gladly take you to Gian point in this epic ship with only tether for an avionic, notice the health and shields lol. Warframe2718.jpg

16 hours ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

straight off the bat there’s been an increase in fighters (probably that increased fighters at all alert levels mentioned in the patch notes). Before I was facing probably 4 - 8(?) at a time, and while they took about 10 hits to kill, I tended to know where they were and could clear them out without too much fuss.

Interesting. I hadn't thought about that. They did change how the spawns work too, which could make it harder if you get swarmed, since they spawn faster and closer to us.

Not sure why are you taking 10 hits to kill them. Maybe out of range? Or missing shots? I just did a quick test ( video below 1m15s-2m40s ) and it took me anywhere between 3-5 hits depending on distance etc. Obviously not factoring in my bad aim.

The bigger ships were the problem

They always are. Which is why you should, if you can, either keep distance or use big space rocks as cover.

I don’t know what those on the PTS were doing

Sounds like you drawn in way too much to handle.

What they did ( and I just replicated to be sure - video below 0m45s-1m12s ) was to stay on the same spot and let them come and shoot at you.

15 hours ago, Nichivo said:

It's a shame you are not on pc I would gladly take you to Gian point in this epic ship with only tether for an avionic, notice the health and shields lol. 

You can definitely do it, although if you do have friends to run with, it's much better and way more fun.

Video below was taken a few minutes ago, and is my attempt at simulating your current situation. Base weapons/components, no avionics.

Highlights:

- beginning of the video: the loadout

- 0m45s-1m12s ( video sped up ). Example of staying on the same spot while being attacked, and barely taking any damage ( the scenario I was talking about done on the PTS )

- 1m15s-2m40s: Testing single shots to see how many were needed to kill a ship. As you can see, and ignoring my bad aim, it certainly doesn't take 10 shots

- 2m45s : Time to kill test, takes about 1-3 seconds to kill a ship

- 3m15s: Using space rocks to cover from crew ship while taking out fighters

- 4m00s: Fighter cover eliminated, only leftovers left

- 4m44s: Missed the crew ship by my left, which managed to drop my health to 0 resulting on a breach

From here on, I basically took care of the remaining fodder while trying to keep my distance from the crew ships, which I boarded at the end.

Worth noting that they didn't send any ramsleds. If they had, they would be priority taking down ( fairly easy to do ),

The run overall was pretty clumsy, as I sort of lost the habit on how to be careful now that with my fully kitted Railjack everything is so easy. Took about 8 minutes to finish, not counting picking up resources which ofc is always advised when you're starting. Usually it should take way less time than this, since I was testing a bunch of things including staying still and let them shoot at me etc.

• Like 1

On 2020-05-02 at 12:59 PM, DreisterDino said:
  • Are you playing it just for fun and nothing else?
  • Are you just playing to grind for Intrinsics and Components?
  • Are you playing to "prepare" for something that might come in the distant future?
  • Are you playing for a completly different reason?

Fun, and something different from the so many years of purely ground missions. But I definetly think there has to be more gamemodes for railjack.

It's only destroy this and you're done and the occasional anomaly. Why aren't there defence missions, escort missions, rescue missions man even some capturing type mission could work.

15 hours ago, Leyers_of_facade said:

no it does not matter. you are capped at 4092 regardless whether you upgrade your last one or not.
Ie, if you hit 10 10 9 10 (since gun 10 is Sh!t), you will be capped at 512 intrinsic, and upon getting them you will still be capped even if you don't upgrade it to 10

Well ... it means I can still get 1024 intrinsics as I'm at 9/9/9/9.

Edited by SocialFox

13 hours ago, Vit0Corleone said:

[1. ] Not sure why are you taking 10 hits to kill them. Maybe out of range? Or missing shots? I just did a quick test ( video below 1m15s-2m40s ) and it took me anywhere between 3-5 hits depending on distance etc. Obviously not factoring in my bad aim.

——————————————

[2. ] What they did ( and I just replicated to be sure - video below 0m45s-1m12s ) was to stay on the same spot and let them come and shoot at you.

Sorry for butchering your quote, I can only do so much on my phone when it comes to quoted content, and hope the changes made aren’t too much of a bother.

1. I think there’s a minor misunderstanding due to my phrasing; I meant that before the patch, the fighters took ~10 shots. After the patch, they took ~5.

2. The video you made showing this was a lot more interesting than I’d have thought. I can see how they end up overshooting and thus barely eat into your health. I’d almost wonder if it wasn’t worth just sitting still 😅 (though I wonder if the rocks helped). Thanks for taking the time to make this video! I can see you chose to do Earth as well 😛 .

I have a sneaking suspicion, though I’ll have to test it, that the amount of fighters ramps up towards the middle-end of the mission. It felt like it, anyways, but I could have been biting off more than I could chew initially, so more testing is required before I can confidently say as much.

Again, thanks for taking the time and effort to make this video of a stripped-down railjack, and to outline the highlights in your post. I found it quite interesting as a “This is an example of what an experienced player does with the same equipment that the absolute beginner has”. Noting that you said you were a little rusty, I appreciate that you went out of your way to get us on the same page

Edited by (NSW)Greybones