The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What do u guys think about the new warframe

Different strokes for different folks.

Vauban does AI CC (AoE nuke with augment), mine-based CC with team damage buff, direction speed boost, does indeed have up to 4 long-lasting turrets to play the game for him, burst scaling area damage (free to cast with conditions with augment), and room-wide CC with armor strip/buff + shield strip (repels between intervals + stacks duration with augment).

Protea goes point defense drawing the battlelines with shrapnel between enemies and the objective, protects the team with constant shield/overshield recharge + shield gate extension, melts/sets crowds on fire at med-long range with a short-lived laser cannon, plops supplies down that you can pick up whenever, and does it all over again with renewable stats + nuke around her + death avoidance.

I'm personally excited for Protea for her utility alone.

• Like 1

I'm not so interested. Although some of her abilities are cool I'm not a drop something and forget kind of person so turrets and other things don't work for me.  Id rather just blast something.   I can see her having a place in defense and interception.  

As for her look..she reminds me so much of the Djinn Drone.  Literally looks like the Djinn to me.  

On 2020-05-05 at 4:31 PM, xcrimsonlegendx said:

Might seem weird but looks are a big part of my most used frames, if I don't like the look I probably won't use the characters that frequently. Until they get a really good skin or something. Yeah, I know that's petty and weird but if I'm going to be staring at a character model for hundreds of hours I need to really enjoy how it looks and her design just doesn't do it for me.

Hardly weird or petty at all. It's perfectly normal, besides customization is part of the game, its the whole!

• Like 1

On 2020-05-05 at 3:19 PM, TheGodofWiFi said:

The only solid abilities he has are Vortex, Bastille and maybe the new orbital strike. His first two abilities are useless and this is not something that is argued about. 

Which echo chamber have you been in? I've seen plenty of experimenting and debate over how to make New Vauban work

And anyone who keeps complaining "Vaubam is an engineer, why doesn't he get the sentry gun?" clearly hasn't used Flechette Orb. The particle effect might show it going off every which-way, but I assure you its actual code is a sentry turret. It aims hitscan bullets at enemies deliberately

On 2020-05-05 at 2:42 PM, WOWESOMUCHDOGE said:

Soo i know the new warframe is coming out, n her abilities seem interesting, do u think the new one will be able to shake the meta frames thou? 😕
Warframe Protea Guide - ProGameTalk

I think she and her sister Mirage fought a lot growing up, especially when it came to who got to try new AoE spam weaponry first.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

On 2020-05-05 at 1:42 PM, WOWESOMUCHDOGE said:

Soo i know the new warframe is coming out, n her abilities seem interesting, do u think the new one will be able to shake the meta frames thou? 😕
Warframe Protea Guide - ProGameTalk

Depends on how much of a Powerhouse Pablo makes her. I know with Adaptation/Quick Thinking, she would be very tough to kill because of her very fast Overshield charge and Energy Orb/Health Orb drops. Pair her with Harrow, oh yes. Her 4 is a strange one though, helps defy death but in a Limbo Rift and reversing time.

8 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Which echo chamber have you been in? I've seen plenty of experimenting and debate over how to make New Vauban work

And anyone who keeps complaining "Vaubam is an engineer, why doesn't he get the sentry gun?" clearly hasn't used Flechette Orb. The particle effect might show it going off every which-way, but I assure you its actual code is a sentry turret. It aims hitscan bullets at enemies deliberately

Flechette Orb is nice but it is not what people wanted. Protea's turret is exactly what people envisiioned for Vauban and it is obviously a lot more powerful than his orb.

With her release it seems like Vauban will sadly always remain a outcast.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

Flechette Orb is nice but it is not what people wanted. Protea's turret is exactly what people envisiioned for Vauban and it is obviously a lot more powerful than his orb.

So her abilities are going to scale with enemies levels then? I hadn't heard about the scaling part. Last time I used a Vauban Flechette orb it was hitting for around 300k per tick in a long kuva survival.

2 hours ago, zakaryx said:

So her abilities are going to scale with enemies levels then? I hadn't heard about the scaling part. Last time I used a Vauban Flechette orb it was hitting for around 300k per tick in a long kuva survival.

According to the stream, the more enemies Protea's turret hits, the greater its damage becomes, so yes it is scaling in a way and if you have high duration its bound to be very powerful powerful.

Flechette Orb doing 300k per nail is something I have never heard of outside of Vauban strength abritrations. Thats a ridiculous amount of damage for it to be doing. If you have actual proof of it hitting for 300k without some kind of innate mission bonus to power strength or someone else giving you power strength, then please share it because I'd genuinely like to see that.

Also, didn't you flat out admit near the Winter Solstice last year in a Flechette Orb specific thread that all of Vauban's damage abilities are crap in high levels when compared to his Tesla Bank augment?

Edited by TheGodofWiFi

Personally I am very much looking forward to using the new frame. The playing style does remind me a little of Vauban but their abilities would compliment each other quite well together in a team. With Vauban being one of my top 3 frames personally, I can definitely appreciate the tactical options Protea will bring to the field as well. As for the comments I've seen mentioned about Vauban, I just want to say that every one of his abilities have decent merit and plenty of applicable uses from what I have seen and tried firsthand. That even includes the vector pad. Since vector pad works on NPC's regardless of direction when placed, it can be used to redirect enemies off the map, keep them away from objectives, and even potentially keep the objective in one place (in the case of the annoying sortie defense target that always wants to walk right into groups of enemies).

• Like 1