The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Opinions on Elevators

PhiThagRaid

Running through Corpus missions, we all would've encountered elevators at some point.

What are your opinions on them?

Personally, I find that skippable elevators are the best kind, such as:

• The slanted elevators found in Grineer Asteroid and Corpus Ice Planet
  • Corpus Ship Rooms with 2 or 4 elevators which allow you to jump to the higher level in between
  • Corpus Ship elevators that have a drop shaft to the side
  • Most if not all Corpus Gas City elevators
  • Orokin Tower elevator that has a hidden room in it
  • Orokin Tower room with 4 elevators
  • Any open air elevators (Mainly seen on Corpus Outpost)

But I dislike elevators that are purely wait time, such as:

• Many elevators on Corpus Ice Planet, especially the room that has 2 unskippable elevators on either side
  • Many Corpus Ship elevators, mainly due to only the level the elevator is on having its door open
  • All other Orokin Tower elevators

Given all my examples, the main difference between likable and unlikable elevators to me is the ability to bypass the waiting in some way.

Edited by PhiThagRaid
  • Like 3

I think the fact that there are next to none unavoidable elevators in the newest reworked tileset (Gas city) is a sign that they are being outphased since most people dislike them anyway.

The only sort of elevators I like (Except avoidable) are the ones when you enter defense missions. There's something cool about entering the arena that way (Seen on Ceres and the large Corpus Outpost defense tile with the dam) 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Bryuf said:

The only sort of elevators I like (Except avoidable) are the ones when you enter defense missions. There's something cool about entering the arena that way (Seen on Ceres and the large Corpus Outpost defense tile with the dam) 

The Grineer defense mission elevators are avoidable. Just push the button to start the elevator and quickly run off of it, then drop down the shaft to respawn at the surface!

I like elevators, when playing the game as a cover shooter. Just wish there was more space to hide when entering or exiting them. 

But, that's what makes it realistic, elevators should have a clear space to move freight around. 

From the regular play side, playing solo I don't care. 

Playing in a team, it's fine, but more often than not, the person who's left behind gets slowed down even further by the groups of enemies that block the way. 

Playing public, I feel there should be a "all team members should be present" lock. Or at least half of the team. 

Or even have a warp to player function. 

And to those who say people would abuse it. It's easier to abuse leaving behind newer players that then have to wait 5 to 30 seconds. Than it is to wait those 5 to 15 seconds for someone who still is gathering resources and catching up. 

As far as I know, public, or any kind of squad is for having other people around, or to do something that you don't trust yourself to manage to do solo. 

I mean, I guess they're OK, but they can kill the pacing, just like friendship doors. honestly I've never really thought " wow this elevator is a amazing!" or "I hate this thing so much just GET TO THE TOP ALREADY REEEE!"

they just.. do their job, which is all I ask, though alternative means of verticality, like riding on a drone or being shot up by a geyser are definitely cooler. 

My favorite elevators are the ones where 3 people get in and wait for the 4th for 30+ seconds, and then right when he enters the room, someone pushes the button and leaves him behind... and then the other 3 get to the exit and have to wait 60 seconds because the 4th guy said F@#$%# it and went scavenging.