Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revealing Spores: Literally Worse Than Enemy Sense

Traumtulpe

Everyone uses (Primed) Animal Instinct. It combines with Enemy Sense (Exilus) for 63/48m total enemy radar.

Revealing Spores (Exilus) grants less radar (40m), and only for spored enemies, and prevents using Venom Dose.

When was the last time you used Enemy Sense? How about straight up worse mod? With additional downsides?

DE, please.

• Like 10

17 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Revealing Spores (Exilus) grants less radar (40m)

It scales with Range, and (good) Spore builds use at least 235% Range, which would give you 94m radar range.

... mind, I'm definitely not ready to declare this Mod worth using lol 😛

19 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

When was the last time you used Enemy Sense?

Right before I got my first Vigilante Pursuit, the range you get from just one of Enemy Sense / Vig Pur / Primed Animal Instinct
was always just a tad too short for my tastes, it certainly makes a difference to have that much more of a battlefeld overview.

• Like 1

Just now, NinjaZeku said:

It scales with Range, and (good) Spore builds use at least 235% Range, which would give you 94m radar range.

It caps at 45m.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Ragology said:

I use enemy/sense vigilantee pursuit

1 minute ago, NinjaZeku said:

Right before I got my first Vigilante Pursuit, the range you get from just one of Enemy Sense / Vig Pur / Primed Animal Instinct
was always just a tad too short for my tastes

It also supposedly helps enemies get alerted to you presence in survival missions.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

It can be kinda useful to discern infected enemies from non-infected enemies though. Just a factor to consider.

If you need to know who is and isn't infected, then you're doing a poor job with Saryn, everyone should be infectedd

28 minutes ago, Hyro1 said:

If you need to know who is and isn't infected, then you're doing a poor job with Saryn, everyone should be infectedd

I was feeling knee jerky about this at first and woud agree with you but after testing, I found out something that isn't on the label: The infected are green instead of red. And since the damage is cut in half when recasting spores, when the numbers start to get low it was letting me target pockets of the infected to spread the infection back out again because they weren't properly socially distanced and instead protesting me with their guns and not wearing masks.... 

Wait... wrong virus. Spores... Right

Either way. Its a nifty augment since it does put a different color on them. To me that makes a difference. Obviously not for others. The one thing I would say though is that it would probably be best if it was at least an Exilus slot mod. Since it's augment is purely informational.

• Like 4

So here is what you do with the Saryn augments:

1. Revealing Spores: Add +15% ability range and make its 40m range scale properly with range. Still doesn't really do much, but at least it is usable. Or just delete it.
  2. Venom Dose: Great, no changes.
  3. Regenerative Molt: Turn the bug into a feature; It now lasts as long as Molt (there is a bug where the healing ends prematurely if Molt ends).
  4. Contagion Cloud: Toxic Lash restores 2 energy per Spore burst via melee weapon, and spreads Toxin procs within 7m on kill via ranged weapon (single target).
  5. Draining Mist: Miasma now deals Cold damage and can proc multiple times (as before the nerf), restore 10% of damage dealt as health split between you and allies.

Please note that 4. is merely (partially) restoring features that Saryn already had in the past.

Imagine if they actually made it so. How glorious that would be. More than 2 usable augments?! Providing actual variety? Undoing the removal of functionality?! Madness!

6 hours ago, IceColdHawk said:

Imagine wanting to see enemies on the map from 90m away briefly before they get vaporized.

Except this mod doesn't do that. It caps at 45m range, less than provided by Enemy Sense and Animal Instinct.

8 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Except this mod doesn't do that. It caps at 45m range, less than provided by Enemy Sense and Animal Instinct.

Enemy sense gives +30m and Primed Animal Instinct is 33m enemy radar (The +55m is LOOT radar). The base animal instinct only gives +18m enemy radar.

Edited by HolySeraphin

Just now, HolySeraphin said:

Enemy sense gives +30m and Primed Animal Instinct is 33m enemy radar (The +55m is LOOT radar).

Yes, but they stack. You use (Primed) Animal Instinct regardless for the loot radar, and can thus choose between 63m enemy radar with Enemy Sense, or 40m enemy radar (spored enemies only) with Revealing Spores.

Of course you would never actually use Enemy Sense, since you could just use Vigilante Pursuit for the same benefit plus 5% crit.

So Revealing Spores is more accurately "a straight downgrade to the straight downgrade of a niche mod".

6 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Yes, but they stack. You use (Primed) Animal Instinct regardless for the loot radar, and can thus choose between 63m enemy radar with Enemy Sense, or 40m enemy radar (spored enemies only) with Revealing Spores.

And not everyone has Primed Animal Instinct fully maxed out, because Primed warframe mods (like primed Flow) and weapon mods (like Primed Pressure Point) are priority for many people. The the augment is much less expensive endo-wise (~900 endo vs 44K).

Edited by HolySeraphin

Just now, HolySeraphin said:

And not everyone has Primed Animal Instinct fully maxed out

Not a problem, even regular Animal Instinct will do for a better result than Revealing Spores.

If you still do not understand the numbers, just read the first post again.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Not a problem, even regular Animal Instinct will do for a better result than Revealing Spores.

If you still do not understand the numbers, just read the first post again.

Animal Instinct is 18m enemy radar, which isn't a lot, and as DeeDeetheSpy said, you can track which ones are actually infected, because they are highlighted as green arrows instead of regular red. You can argue that you can see the damage numbers, if you want to actually pay attention to numbers popping on your screen and look around instead of glancing at the minimap for a split second.

Edited by HolySeraphin

1 minute ago, HolySeraphin said:

Animal Instinct is 18m enemy radar, which isn't a lot

You are not reading. Try. Reading. My. Posts.

• Animal Instinct is used anyway for the loot radar. Thus we have at least 18m enemy radar.
  • Enemy Sense goes in the same slot as Revealing Spores. Raising the enemy radar to 48m.
  • Revealing Spores is capped at 45m with ability range, thus it is always worse than running Enemy Sense, which itself is always worse than running Vigilante Pursuit.
  • Like 1

Just now, Traumtulpe said:

You are not reading. Try. Reading. My. Posts.

• Animal Instinct is used anyway for the loot radar. Thus we have at least 18m enemy radar.
  • Enemy Sense goes in the same slot as Revealing Spores. Raising the enemy radar to 48m.
  • Revealing Spores is capped at 45m with ability range, thus it is always worse than running Enemy Sense, which itself is always worse than running Vigilante Pursuit.

Oh no, I have 3 less meters of enemy detection, the horror!

15 hours ago, Hyro1 said: