Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revealing Spores: Literally Worse Than Enemy Sense

Traumtulpe

Just now, HolySeraphin said:

Oh no, I have 3 less meters of enemy detection, the horror!

The horror is that this marks the second 100% useless garbage augment for Saryn, meaning that half of her augments might as well not exist, and leaving her at only 2 augments still.

• Like 1

I will write here, too, as in the previous topic. This argument is intended for people who try not to use the fourth ability. Without it, you spin the camera to find infected survivors. With augment, you just look at the minimap and you can immediately move in the right direction. This is just for convenience, like all exilus abilities. 

This does not directly perform the function of detecting enemies. This performs the function of detecting your spores. These are not equivalent things. 

On the other hand, I don't see anything wrong with allowing 2 augments to be set for 1 ability, because we still lose slots.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

Except this mod doesn't do that. It caps at 45m range, less than provided by Enemy Sense and Animal Instinct.

I guess my joke didn't work on some. Let me make it clear: What's the point of seeing enemies on the map briefly before they die to spores. It's just unnecessary. 

Edited by IceColdHawk
  • Like 1

vor 1 Stunde schrieb zhellon:

I will write here, too, as in the previous topic. This argument is intended for people who try not to use the fourth ability. Without it, you spin the camera to find infected survivors. With augment, you just look at the minimap and you can immediately move in the right direction. This is just for convenience, like all exilus abilities. 

This does not directly perform the function of detecting enemies. This performs the function of detecting your spores. These are not equivalent things. 

On the other hand, I don't see anything wrong with allowing 2 augments to be set for 1 ability, because we still lose slots.

This is only an argument in favor of this mod if you think the flawed usability of an ability (in this case the camera spinning) should be fixed by augments instead of adding it to the ability by default to provide a better functionality to the player. They could have easily added that as base functionality and it would just made her smoother to play.

Smooth usability of the abilities should be included in the frame's base kit design.

If you hold the stance that augments should not only fix the ability for the cost of a mod slot but make the ability interact or impact gameplay in a more meaningful way or differently than before your argument looks like a reason for as to why mods like these seem useless since they have to compete with mods that affect your stats which affect how all your abilities do in a meaningful way. If there weren't exilus mods that did that it would be more sound, but if you look at Nezhas recent passive disabling augment: that comes with stats and is servicable and can compete with non-augment exilus mods because of that.

I can see this one being acceptable if it did something similar and came with range for example.

I always think of the Octavia augment that allows you to direct your ball thing when I see augments like this one and end with the question: "Why isn't that a base function? It would be awesome as a base function, but there's no way I use a mod slot for it.". Which, to be fair, is a me-problem. I just don't like using augments when they seem like only fixing an ability to how it should be without it or add basic QoL, I guess. Like, they made Titania's buffs cyclable. Now imagine that was made into an augment instead.

Edited by (PS4)Deeceem

vor 12 Minuten schrieb IceColdHawk:

What's the point of seeing enemies on the map briefly before they die to spores. It's just unnecessary. 

This, if i go with Saryn in a misison i not really want to sneak around or see enemies miels away, i want them dead, who cares where they are aslong they drop dead.

I more look at the loot laying around then the enemy dots, for everything else primal instinct normal one already is enough.

I would had rather made spores drop loot or ammo then this radar augment really for spores then this useless augment, it not helps anyone.

Till players get to the syndicats they have enough alternatives for such, so why use it at all? It is something that could not exist aswell simply and no one whould miss it.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Deeceem said:
I always think of the Octavia mod that allows you to direct your ball thing when I see augments like this one and end with the question: "Why isn't that a base function? It would be awesome as a base function, but there's no way I use a mod slot for it.". Which, to be fair, is a me-problem. I just don't like using augments when they seem like only fixing an ability to how it should be without it, I guess. Like, they made Grendel's buffs cyclable. Now imagine that was made into an augment instead.

Yes, maybe as a basic function it would be much better. I don't know. I just think back to when they released an augment for people to be able to turn off the vacuum on Titania, when it should be by default, because people want companion mods to work in razorwing. 

But I don't know what balance they are trying to make. I would be really happy if they provided an augment to disable Dex Pixia/Divata to use my weapons, although many people will say that this is useless or should be the default feature. Purely as an example. 

There's another example with Mesa's Waltz where this thing just lets you walk slowly. Is this really a useful feature? I don't know, but I see people using it.

I just think that spore radar is a really good, maybe even strong, feature for some people and of course most people may not understand this because they just don't need this feature.But if you ask what you can put in exilus, it will be something +15% strength or radius, or something you find convenient for yourself, like Aero Vantage (which is my favorite for exilus, but for most it's meh). 

• Like 1

vor 6 Minuten schrieb zhellon:

Yes, maybe as a basic function it would be much better. I don't know. I just think back to when they released an augment for people to be able to turn off the vacuum on Titania, when it should be by default, because people want companion mods to work in razorwing. 

But I don't know what balance they are trying to make. I would be really happy if they provided an augment to disable Dex Pixia/Divata to use my weapons, although many people will say that this is useless or should be the default feature. Purely as an example. 

There's another example with Mesa's Waltz where this thing just lets you walk slowly. Is this really a useful feature? I don't know, but I see people using it.

I just think that spore radar is a really good, maybe even strong, feature for some people and of course most people may not understand this because they just don't need this feature.But if you ask what you can put in exilus, it will be something +15% strength or radius, or something you find convenient for yourself, like Aero Vantage (which is my favorite for exilus, but for most it's meh). 

I pointed already out in the part you quoted that this part is my own problem. Nothing about the rest?

Edited by (PS4)Deeceem

6 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

This, if i go with Saryn in a misison i not really want to sneak around or see enemies miels away, i want them dead, who cares where they are aslong they drop dead

Not to mention how the DoT of the spores themself already work as enemy radar. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

Regenerative Molt: Turn the bug into a feature; It now lasts as long as Molt (there is a bug where the healing ends prematurely if Molt ends).

Draining Mist: Miasma now deals Cold damage and can proc multiple times (as before the nerf), restore 10% of damage dealt as health split between you and allies.
Please note that 4. is merely (partially) restoring features that Saryn already had in the past.

i really don't think it's a Bug. but a minor restriction to incentivize Players to place it well so that it survives the full Regen Duration.

how is that restoring anything that Saryn supposedly had in the past? Saryn has never applied Ice Status and never had an Ability Slow of any kind.

6 minutes ago, taiiat said:

i really don't think it's a Bug. but a minor restriction to incentivize Players to place it well so that it survives the full Regen Duration.

It definitely is a bug, the buff stays applied to you for the full duration - it just doesn't do anything once Molt is gone.

8 minutes ago, taiiat said:

how is that restoring anything that Saryn supposedly had in the past? Saryn has never applied Ice Status and never had an Ability Slow of any kind.

You are talking about 5, I wrote 4.

Just tested it, it's not capped at 45 m and scales with Range. So it actually covers more than 100 m with 265% range.

I'd say that's great for ESO or when you want to blitz Exterminate missions.

Edited by Reppuzan
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

It definitely is a bug, the buff stays applied to you for the full duration - it just doesn't do anything once Molt is gone.

You are talking about 5, I wrote 4.

the Mod doesn't express that this behavior is or is not normal - it's completely open to interpretation.
(and i find it more prudent for it to be made innate to make up for the EHP nerf years ago but i digress)

oh, yes, you did. i must've interpreted it as Ability 4 since it's so common to poorly refer to Abilities by number rather than unique name. carry on!

14 minutes ago, Reppuzan said:

I'd say that's great for ESO or when you want to blitz Exterminate missions.

as long as the Enemies are like, Lv1000 so that they live long enough for that to really matter.
and/or for the Player to be lazy enough in spreading that Enemies aren't already infected. which with extreme Range would be quite the achievement, to not have every Enemy that exists already covered.

Edited by taiiat

13 minutes ago, Reppuzan said:

Just tested it, it's not capped at 45 m and scales with Range. So it actually covers more than 100 m with 265% range.

It actually does in a mission, just not in the Simulacrum for some reason. Still not a useful mod, but its a start.

1 minute ago, HolySeraphin said:

Did you test it ingame? Because the stat screen shows that it could go for over 100m but ingame it was capped at 45m for some reason (If yes, then maybe it was fixed in the last hotfix)

Its a Simulacrum thing. It actually doesn't have a limit in normal missions after all. There was no change with the patch.

14 minutes ago, taiiat said:

the Mod doesn't express that this behavior is or is not normal - it's completely open to interpretation

Having a buff applied to you that says it is healing you - despite clearly not healing you - is not normal.

If it had +15% Power Range, like Cunning drift have.
and
If it could be equipped at the same time as Venom Dose, then i could potentially see a use for it.

Clearly this is only my opinion but before they add those two things to it, it is worthless.
A nice bonus would have it so allies also get those enemies revealed on their Radar,(Only if it currently does not do that, and it is my understanding they are only showed to you.)

Edited by Hellmaker2004
Added Radar

On 2020-05-20 at 6:43 PM, Traumtulpe said:

Everyone uses (Primed) Animal Instinct. It combines with Enemy Sense (Exilus) for 63/48m total enemy radar.

Revealing Spores (Exilus) grants less radar (40m), and only for spored enemies, and prevents using Venom Dose.

When was the last time you used Enemy Sense? How about straight up worse mod? With additional downsides?

DE, please.

Aaand this is no longer true for a regular buid (the simulacrum is bugged, scales normally in a normal mission). 145% power range gives the augment 58m range, 175% is 70m. So in this case it is better than a Primed Mod+ rare mod while also freeing a slot for your companion

With just stretch it is almost 2x stronger than Enemy Radar, therefore the title of the post is misleading. GONNA report it (Just kidding)

Note: I know you're sacrificing venom dose.

Edited by HolySeraphin

12 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Isn’t that what the damage numbers are for?

12 hours ago, IceColdHawk said:

Exactly. This augment is ironic. 

I don't know about other people, but I use quite a number of dots on Saryn so the mod was letting me see which ones were my spores and not another saryn's or taking damage from one of my other dots and restart the plague.

Question: Do other players see the enemy radar? Cause as a not saryn-main but saryn-aware player, I could see this being nice as a way to help promote teamplay, if the saryn has it equipped and I'm not seeing a field of red, I know to help actively shoot spores to get the count back up.

18 hours ago, taiiat said:

and/or for the Player to be lazy enough in spreading that Enemies aren't already infected. which with extreme Range would be quite the achievement, to not have every Enemy that exists already covered.

Sorry, but it sounds like you're accusing players of getting the fun out of not abusing the 1+4 vs 40 level abilities to instantly destroy the map? On the other hand, now playing on saryn is equivalent to laziness because of this bundle. I think you got this joke.

Edited by zhellon

• 2 weeks later...