Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

today i found out that you cant buy a riven from someone if the person selling it doesnt meet the MR requirement

Talinthis

Is this seriously how it has always worked? this doesn't make sense in the slightest and surely this is just a bug? why cant i buy an MR 15 riven from a tenno who is MR 14? i literally facepalmed 😭:crylaugh:😭

i cant think of any game that has an item you can sell to players be completely unsellable simply because the person selling it cannot equip it themselves.

seriously, i aint even mad bro, just dumbfounded and flabbergasted at how it doesn't make any sense! all these years i thought you just had to meet the MR to GET the riven, not to get RID of it!

Good laughs were had all around.

• Like 1

Wouldn't be surprised if it was intentional as to prevent people farming Rivens (especially from gift alerts) on alts and trade any valuable ones over. It'd probably be easier to avoid bans by only trading a few valuable unveiled ones instead of every veiled one as well.

Edited by trst
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, trst said:

Wouldn't be surprised if it was intentional as to prevent people farming Rivens (especially from gift alerts) on alts and trade any valuable ones over. It'd probably be easier to avoid bans by only trading a few valuable unveiled ones instead of every veiled one as well.

i guess that could be part of it, though the real dedicated ones could blitz through fast enough and do just that anyway. i definitely am not used to such restrictive systems in games thats for sure. i am used to having a lot more freedom.

and sadly it was the perfect riven for what i wanted to use it for, so rip.

Il y a 9 heures, trst a dit :

Most likely this reason, i think it's a good compromise to mr lock trading instead of making alert riven mod untradeable.

I have sold rivens that I couldn’t use for MR reasons many times. I also had to hold onto a Riven I bought from MR 9-14 so I could actually use it. I wonder if something else was going on with the seller account or maybe DE changes their policy in the last year?  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, (PS4)Wil_Shatner_face said:

I have sold Rivens with requirements above my MR so this sounds like a bug.

4 hours ago, hendrix923 said:

I have sold rivens that I couldn’t use for MR reasons many times. I also had to hold onto a Riven I bought from MR 9-14 so I could actually use it. I wonder if something else was going on with the seller account or maybe DE changes their policy in the last year?  

2 hours ago, (XB1)ALTBOULI said:

I believe this is actually a bug, if you are too far away. This has happened to me multiples times, usually when I spawn in the dry dock and the host is a few rooms away. Cancel the trade, get closer and try again

hmm interesting. the guy didnt speak english very well at all so i couldnt really figure it out with them, so unless DE changed it, sounds like it might have been something else. maybe they didnt have credits or something, i didnt look, they just told me his MR was too low to trade it.