Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discussion about the Dax weapon (not Dex)

ChaoticEdge

In the lore Dax soldier were spoken about a lot, they used katana as their melee weapons of chose but the quesiton is did the dax have range weapons🤔?

This sort of caught my eye attention about this which are the Dax soldier are weeb sword only or do they also carries guns the same time just smaller gun like prime lato or what the dax's gun that is modified to them person's user.  As again we had witness 2 type of different from Dax soldier and prime warframe which umbra excal used Skajita or whatever it is correctly spelt for umbra "Use To Be A Dax Soldier" when prime excal come with a prime pistol and prime skana.  Is the Dax soldier only use melee and forbid themselves using long range weapons or did they really have other weapons then the katana?

Don't forget the Orvius. In that big Cinematic Trailer that shows us Orokin-era Grineer Prime, there's a swordfight between Excalibur and six Dax, and each of them have an Orvius on their back

Edited by TARINunit9
  • Like 4

42 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Miser, I think you should go and get some coffee. You are not awake yet.

I think you need your coffee. those are very clearly dax they start killing at the 4 minute mark. note the orvius on the back, and the nikana holsters on the side as well as the recognizable helmet

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Don't forget the Orvius. In that big Cinematic Trailer that shows us Orokin-era Grineer Prime, there's a swordfight between Excalibur and six Dax, and each of them have an Orvius on their back

I don't think the orvius was intended to be a weapon, based on the way teshin uses it, I think it's more of an Orokin Handcuff.

2 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

I think you need your coffee. those are very clearly dax they start killing at the 4 minute mark. note the orvius on the back, and the nikana holsters on the side as well as the recognizable helmet

Well...

I think that cinematic trailer from last year also showed the Dax using firearms against the Tenno.

2 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

No. Those were Grineer Prime. Dax only used Nikanas.

Dax didnt use firearms. Which is what I was talking about.

• Like 1

Dax were probably trained to use all sorts of weapons, but the Orokin had an emphasis on the use of Swords and basic melee weapons, likely due to their experiences using them to counter Sentient Adaptation in the Old War. The Dax may have been taught the Nikana arts first, like the Tenno were taught the Skana first. it's also worth noting that Swords are as much a symbol as they are a weapon: used to represent power, authority and justice. Dax were somewhat a representation of the Orokin's will, before the Warframes were created.

either way, we have their Syandana, their Orvius Glaives and the Nikana skin: all we need is the Dual Nikana setup they have and our cosplay is complete! Dax's got killed a lot, but they were still kind of bada$$.

5 hours ago, so_many_watermelons said:

I think that cinematic trailer from last year also showed the Dax using firearms against the Tenno.

nope I didn't see any Dax soldier using it, only I see is those clone grineer that are orokin's servants.

as again I see everyone point which I end up digging in the warframe wiki which it seem they updated the Dax soldier again... https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Dax

some strange reason they updated for there "Was" no information and now there it is it does have info on them.  It seem the Dax soldiers are suited different weapons of chose but more likely they went for the katana and Nodachi (well consider as large katana it consider as Nodachi Katana)

Spoiler

ff453efc20fc670dfd701cf9d86d632f.jpg

as again it seem they are weeb sword ppl but it seem that the range weapons are frown by the Dax guardsman for their gunner is only end up in the RJ so basically they only use guns if they are on the RJ.  Teshin used Orvius sort of I think pose to be cop police which it said only few does use this weapons.  As it seem the Dax guards are not really immortal but it seem the Dax guards can die but enough with that.  They really really love katana for I am surprised that they didn't take the Nodachi with them everywhere they go.