Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Someone figured how to kill protea?

MollAgdeduba

Question

I continue hitting her with weapon, warframe, the new glaive explosion, sometimes i give her a lot of dmg, sometime less, but at the end she say "i'm beginning i'm end" and is again full hp. Then the stupid fortuna corpus say something i don't understand.

Hoping you are not useless like the "fortuna corpus", can u please share how to kill that warframe?

8 minutes ago, Kydilla said:

I now modded more range and could hit them then. Also a side note, you can only use the charged Xoris if you have you primary weapon before switching to the melee mode. Otherwise you can't use the charged attack.

You can use heavy attack if you switch to pure melee. It doesn't matter what weapon you've used before that. By some strange reason heavy attack doesn't work with dual wielding. It took me several minutes to guess (haven't really used glaives before).

On 2020-06-12 at 3:14 PM, Maxheadroom101 said:

What weapon are you using to burn her down? I've ran it 4 times with different weapons and can barely get through her shields

Beat her with a pair of mk1 braton and furis.

You don't really need too much damage, as long as your rate of fire is high.

On 2020-06-12 at 8:25 PM, Methanoid said:

ppl used guns?  i just used rhino and went face to face and melle'd her with the xoris, then at the right time used the xoris charged blast, only issue i had was her walking off cliff edges out of reach and sometimes she couldnt get back up until much later when she managed to unglitch herself. 

How did you manage that? She kills my rhino in melee in two seconds. Also how do you deal with the big gun she brings out after bar 2 is done? Also the only way ive had to get rid of the shield is to use mag then i can work on the health i dont know what to do i cant take the damage and i cant give enough out without standing still to shoot a hek. Shelving it for now, come back to it when my hair grows back in. 

I watch all these videos and seeing her go down fast.....problem is Ive only been playing this for like 2 to 3 weeks and I am not talking 12 hours a day. So the fact that people are killing her quick means they have tough ass Frames with good builds. Watching that vid and seeing how fast it was for him to kill her with the Glaive only is probably a frame with all awesome mods....Try taking a new frame with mods that a new player has and kill her....even if you do it will take you an hour I bet if you even do.  

On 2020-06-12 at 4:14 PM, Maxheadroom101 said:

What weapon are you using to burn her down? I've ran it 4 times with different weapons and can barely get through her shields

use twin grakatas, that worked for me

7 hours ago, Cegrin said:

Not so, actually.  Throwing the glaive when it's being wielded alongside your secondary is achieved simply by holding the melee button for slightly longer rather than using the heavy attack button.  And by "slightly longer", I mean that once you start charging the throw you can release at any time and throw it, and then detonate it by hitting melee once again. 

You can throw glaive as much as you can, it just wouldn't detonate. At least that's how it works for me. And trust me I've tried. I've spent several minutes trying to detonate it, before I did switch to pure melee.  Plus, I still have my heavy attack button free, so why doesn't it just work as in pure melee? Very strange design.

( stances work only if you go full mele - maybe not, work all the time),

just use  e by default to quick mele when you hold primary and try c by default for heavy attack

cant use heavy attack in dual wielding with secondary. just stick to primary weapon and quick mele - you can throw it from that mode

On 2020-06-12 at 8:18 AM, alce00 said:

You can use heavy attack if you switch to pure melee. It doesn't matter what weapon you've used before that. By some strange reason heavy attack doesn't work with dual wielding. It took me several minutes to guess (haven't really used glaives before).

Yea how do you switch in and out of the pistol/glaive stance. It might be useful in some instances but I usually don't want both equipped and I couldn't figure out how to get out of it.

On 2020-06-12 at 8:10 AM, Kydilla said:

I now modded more range and could hit them then. Also a side note, you can only use the charged Xoris if you have you primary weapon before switching to the melee mode. Otherwise you can't use the charged attack.

On 2020-06-12 at 8:18 AM, alce00 said:

Not so, actually.  Throwing the glaive when it's being wielded alongside your secondary is achieved simply by holding the melee button for slightly longer rather than using the heavy attack button.  And by "slightly longer", I mean that once you start charging the throw you can release at any time and throw it, and then detonate it by hitting melee once again. 

stupid fight, do something wrong, that ...... back to full health!

basically

1) kill some specters, to get 3 dots besides xoris

2) blow protea to pieces with stong weapon, when she is down or everything  to 0, heavy attack with xoris and detonate it, that will reduce yellow 4 bars by 1 to 3..2..1 and she cant go back to 4

3) repeat

16 hours ago, FUBAR-BDHR said:

After the first bar she revives herself instantly no chance to even switch to melee before she is back to full health.  Another bug or is there more to it?

Protea rewind from when you take down her health to when she put down her temporal anchor.  The faster you burst down her health,  the less time you'll have to hit her with the glaive explosion during the rewind. 

2 minutes ago, alce00 said:

Same here. Only used glaives before to level MR and found them very clumsy and annoying to use. Sadly I can say the same about the Xoris. I don't like the mechanics of it.

9 minutes ago, Kydilla said:

If you could hit those damn specters with the Xoris. They are floating but the Xoris is always thrown in a straight line front of you missing them.

Use heavy attack to hit them with explosion.

ppl used guns?  i just used rhino and went face to face and melle'd her with the xoris, then at the right time used the xoris charged blast, only issue i had was her walking off cliff edges out of reach and sometimes she couldnt get back up until much later when she managed to unglitch herself. 

1 minute ago, Maxheadroom101 said:

Used proteas pistol(not even maxed, though i did add toxin damage), so no idea why you have problems with it.

15 hours ago, iLightning13 said:

Charge the glaive by killing the spectres.

Once you have three golden dots next to your reticle it's charged.

Then attack protea until she begins to reverse herself. You can see when this happens as yellow ghosts of protea will retrace her steps. Then use the glaive explosion (heavy melee twice) on her. The glaive must be charged to do this. It has a wide radius so is easy to hit. This takes one of her health bars down.

After the first bar she revives herself instantly no chance to even switch to melee before she is back to full health.  Another bug or is there more to it?

This is how you kill her.

Once you rescue the solaris citizens you will face protea.

Take a look at her. She has 4 sections of hit points. Each section must be taken down. Then you used a charge Xoris whilst she is doing a temporal action.

For each hit point section she has here is the rotation.

1) Kill the floating guys, the spectrals and get your Xoris charged.

2) Engage Protea and knock out a hit point section.

3) Protea goes in a temporal action

4) Switch to your Xoris and hit with the charged hit.

The quest narrator will say something, she is degrading. You will see her float in the air or suspended in the air while wounded. Can't do anything to her then.

5) She regains herself.

Repeat the cycle back to step 1 until each hit point section is taken down.

That's it.

I experimented with a few frames during the trial and error figuring the quest out.

I first started with Khora. Great crowd control on the way there, but her chains are useless while in that funky rocky scene.

I used Nova with Ignis. Molecular prime does an awesome job of clearing enemies and gets going through the ship.

The floating guys and protea are effected by molecular prime, but they respawn so quickly that you will run out of energy and get overwhelmed.

I used Ivara and completed it. Stay in prowl and engage targets on your terms. Take your time and do each of the steps.

Good Luck Tenno!

Archived