Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Xoris Interactions With Warframe Abilities & Exalted Weapons

[DE]Megan

3 minutes ago, MarrikBroom said:

They hve outright said DE_Glenn is the one htat does this.

Y'know the abrasive hateful hate filled guy that has gone out of his way to be antagonistic to people and appears drunk whenever he's on camera (notice how he isn't on camera anymore.)

However I won't let the matter die.

You have a real axe to grind. Have you considered moving on before your anger at DE swallows you whole?

I really don't understand why people are having a hard time grasping this.

The Xoris has an infinite combo counter, that means once you got it to 12x you could do ridiculous amounts of damage with Warframe abilities with no disadvantage. You can still do a good amount of damage now with it and even with rivens, but now it's more controlled and not stupid OP. 

It's really black and white.

15 minutes ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

The Xoris has an infinite combo counter, that means once you got it to 12x you could do ridiculous amounts of damage with Warframe abilities with no disadvantage. You can still do a good amount of damage now with it and even with rivens, but now it's more controlled and not stupid OP. 

Comparison of the overwhelming power of the Xoris against the starting weapon:

Assuming they use the same mods the only difference is in the Rivens, so I’ll demonstrate using the lowest riven stats for the MK1-Bo and the highest stats for the Xoris

MK1-Bo Riven : 256% Melee Damage + 140% Elemental

Xoris Riven : 112% Melee Damage + 60% Elemental

This doesn’t even use the Syndicate Mods which add another source of damage.

See how overwhelmingly strong is the Xoris? So strong than even the MR0 weapon is BETTER in terms of damage?

And btw the combo counter doesn’t add damage. The reason of the nerf was the overwhelming damage output, something that A LOT of people have argued and disproved in the last 50+ pages.

8 hours ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

I really don't understand why people are having a hard time grasping this.

No, you can't. Problem is that they DIDN'T adjust Xoris to have combo like any other melee (that diminishes over time), it straight up goes to 0 if you use exalted weapon. Hence, it is completely unusable. This isn't "more controlled", it's completely useless.

Some people here are so clueless and ignorant of how stat sticks work. If you dont understand why people are mad at xoris nerf, dont speak.

Educate yourself first how they work. Read the smart posts in here. Dont just blindly stick to DEs side. Do they pay you? Do they put food on your dinner table? 

Dont be a sheep. Learn to think for yourself. Think why is xoris nerf bad? Its called critical thinking. If you are dumb, then listen to the smart people and get smarter / more knowledgeable.

10 hours ago, (NSW)Siaw said:

The reason of the nerf was the overwhelming damage output

10 hours ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

Exactly. It was too easy to get to those high numbers.

10 hours ago, (NSW)Siaw said:

And btw the combo counter doesn’t add damage. The reason of the nerf was the overwhelming damage output, something that A LOT of people have argued and disproved in the last 50+ pages.

If you’re going to quote me, then don’t cherry pick a part of the sentence that benefits your sheep minded idea.

I even gave you an example but it’s too complex for your mind it seems, so I’ll try again :

COMBO COUNTER DOESN’T ADD DAMAGE, if the Xoris had overwhelming damage output then LITERALLY every weapon that can reach a 12x multiplier is as strong as the Xoris. Wonder how powerful is the Venka Prime with its 13x multiplier then...

3 hours ago, Wawus said:

No, you can't. Problem is that they DIDN'T adjust Xoris to have combo like any other melee (that diminishes over time), it straight up goes to 0 if you use exalted weapon. Hence, it is completely unusable. This isn't "more controlled", it's completely useless.

Okay, so build up the combo again and unleash a powerful attack. 

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

Ok but why would any frame that uses exalted weapons or any skills that uses stat sticks use the xoris with it's mediocre stats. When any other glaive exist. The Xoris wasn't rebalanced, it got nerves to the point that it's unusable by stat stick users

1 hour ago, (NSW)Siaw said:

COMBO COUNTER DOESN’T ADD DAMAGE

The first issue: The Xoris’ infinite Melee Combo Duration directly amplifies the Damage output of certain Warframe Abilities

Uh, yes it does. According to the very first post.

5 minutes ago, Ender140 said:

The Xoris wasn't rebalanced, it got nerves to the point that it's unusable by stat stick users

So don't use the Xoris as a stat stick. It's still an amazing weapon.

2 minutes ago, (NSW)Siaw said:

Ah yes. I forgot everything DE says it’s the undeniable truth, just like when Venari heal got “fixed” right?

I mean, if it goes against their vision of what they want for their game then yes.

We're still stupidly powerful. Just not godlike powerful now.

6 minutes ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

We're still stupidly powerful. Just not godlike powerful.

I’ll try to explain with an even simpler version of the past examples so bear with me:

Let’s say the Xoris is a basket of 12 apples. TWELVE apples.

And the Venka Prime is a basket of 13 apples. THIRTEEN apples.

Which basket has more apples?

The basket with more apples will deal more “damage” so there’s your answer.

44 minutes ago, (NSW)Siaw said:

I’ll try to explain with an even simpler version of the past examples so bear with me:

Let’s say the Xoris is a basket of 12 apples. TWELVE apples.

Which basket has more apples?

The basket with more apples will deal more “damage” so there’s your answer.

Let's say the Xoris is a basket of 12 apples. TWELEVE apples

It I hit someone over the head with both of the baskets, which one will hurt more?

They both will hurt because they're loaded with over a dozen apples.

This doesn't prove your point. Both hit hard, one just hits a little harder, with over 300 weapons in the game you can expect that. One may be a little better but it doesn't mean the other one isn't as good.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

Issue with normal stat sticks is issue of combo SUSTAINABILITY. 12X combo equals 222 hits. Xoris was diminishing NECESSITY to sustain that combo in exchange for damage output cap.

Good luck wasting All of it for ONE powerful hit and rebuilding combo EVERY TIME. Please, learn more about exalted weapons/affected powers before you talk so much nonsense.

1 minute ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

This doesn't prove your point. Both hit hard, one just hits a little harder, with over 300 weapons in the game you can expect that. One may be a little better but it doesn't mean the other one isn't as good.

I gave up, you’re either extremely dumb or just a whiteknight that’ll defend DE decisions no matter what

Just now, Wawus said:

Good luck wasting All of it for ONE powerful hit and rebuilding combo EVERY TIME. Please, learn more about exalted weapons/affected powers before you talk so much nonsense.

You obviously don't know how to build for combos count if you think it's a hard thing to do. I will make a video on how easy it is once I get the update.

1 minute ago, (NSW)Siaw said:

I gave up, you’re either extremely dumb or just a whiteknight that’ll defend DE decisions no matter what

I didn't realize explaining how the weapon was still good and ways to use it effectively was white knighting but okay.

emperors new groove shrug GIF 

1 hour ago, (NSW)Siaw said:

Ah yes. I forgot everything DE says it’s the undeniable truth, just like when Venari heal got “fixed” right?

58 minutes ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

I mean, if it goes against their vision of what they want for their game then yes.

This is the Venari “fix” they did and had to remove because it says on the Tip section that Venari could heal any defense target.

Is your wonderful DE so almighty that they go against their own ideals? Do we have to pay for their mistakes? Or are you so blinded that you can’t see the current situation after a lot of people explained it to you?

2 minutes ago, (NSW)Siaw said:

Is your wonderful DE so almighty that they go against their own ideals? Do we have to pay for their mistakes?

They can change their minds. I have changed my mind on serveral things throughout time. 

And remember, this is a game. Treat it like one. Don't get upset over a small thing, it's not healthy for you.

10 minutes ago, (NSW)Siaw said:

Is your wonderful DE so almighty that they go against their own ideals? Do we have to pay for their mistakes? Or are you so blinded that you can’t see the current situation after a lot of people explained it to you?

7 minutes ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

They can change their minds. I have changed my mind on serveral things throughout time. 

And remember, this is a game. Treat it like one. Don't get upset over a small thing, it's not healthy for you.

If you’re going to quote me do it with the full sentence and stop cherry picking what I said (again)

Although the more you ignore what’s in front of you the more blinded you look.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

The first issue: The Xoris’ infinite Melee Combo Duration directly amplifies the Damage output of certain Warframe Abilities

Uh, yes it does. According to the very first post.

So don't use the Xoris as a stat stick. It's still an amazing weapon.

Amazing how? It's a mediocre Glaive. There's a lot more better weapons that exist. I wasn't even using this weapon as a stat stick. I just wanted a weapon that doesn't run out of combo after switch out my exalted weapon. Guess what? Now not even Atlas or Khora can use it anymore. Even when I did use it on Atlas, the GRAM PRIME was better as a stat stick. Now the weapon is more inconvenient than practical.

Would you use this weapon? When the Glaive Prime exist? Or any Prime weapons exist. At best you won't delete it from your inventory.

It had one gimmick. And now that's gone. So is the usage of the weapon. You use it for the quest and probably trash it.

1 hour ago, Ender140 said:

Would you use this weapon? When the Glaive Prime exist? Or any Prime weapons exist. At best you won't delete it from your inventory.

I actually used it yesterday to take down my level 5 lich.

Looks like I might have to make that video sooner than later.

7 hours ago, Prime_Reckoner said:

Some people here are so clueless and ignorant of how stat sticks work. If you dont understand why people are mad at xoris nerf, dont speak.

Educate yourself first how they work. Read the smart posts in here. Dont just blindly stick to DEs side. Do they pay you? Do they put food on your dinner table? 

Dont be a sheep. Learn to think for yourself. Think why is xoris nerf bad? Its called critical thinking. If you are dumb, then listen to the smart people and get smarter / more knowledgeable.

yea! Wake up, SHEEPLE!

Archived