Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Golden Spire (Open, IC)

Rakawan

On 2020-09-29 at 2:32 PM, Rakawan said:

The bolts collide with the Butcher, shredding through his amor, creating injuries that are certainly lethal. A stray round strikes something in his hand, and the Rift collapses, freeing Anak.

The Rift and Stasis had caught Anak mid-run, one foot pushing off the ground behind her, the other moving forward underneath her.  She saw the Tenno and the Tech in front of her, shooting.  She couldn't turn her head to see what they were shooting at, but she didn't have to.  It didn't take a genius to figure out that the Butcher and Manic were already dead, and she was probably next.

The Rift broke.

"Mmph!..."

The Eximus fell forward on her face in the lunar dust, dropping Kacilius's weapons.

6 hours ago, Rakawan said:

“Yes.” The voice says. “My client asked me to intervene.”

A barrage of plasma bolts tears into the Butcher. The Manic makes another appearance only to fall to the ground as the Euphona barks again, a pool of crimson spreading out beneath it.”

The bolts collide with the Butcher, shredding through his amor, creating injuries that are certainly lethal. A stray round strikes something in his hand, and the Rift collapses, freeing Anak.

1 hour ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

The Rift and Stasis had caught Anak mid-run, one foot pushing of the ground behind her, the other moving forward underneath her.  She saw the Tenno and the Tech in front of her, shooting.  She couldn't turn her head to see what they were shooting at, but she didn't have to.  It didn't take a genius to figure out that the Butcher and Manic were already dead, and she was probably next.

The Rift broke.

"Mmph!..."

The Eximus fell forward on her face in the lunar dust, dropping Kacilius's weapons.

"Thank you, and your client for helping me." Kacilius said. "You can leave the Eximus alone. Anak is with me." He pushed himself up to his feet and walked over to the Limbo. "I am Kacilius Venrai, my Vasca Kavat is Vampkitty, and the Moa is Mech of Annihilation." He stumbled again. "Ugh... Still not feeling too well..."

On 2020-09-24 at 11:21 PM, Rakawan said:

Heading back into the hallway does not take long. An in depth study reveals nothing of note. No secret grates, no false walls, nothing but a generic Orokin hallway with laser traps.

She silently follows the drone, wondering where exactly they're going. The architecture is familiar, although she cannot place why.

On 2020-09-29 at 7:32 PM, Rakawan said:

“Yes.” The voice says. “My client asked me to intervene.”

A barrage of plasma bolts tears into the Butcher. The Manic makes another appearance only to fall to the ground as the Euphona barks again, a pool of crimson spreading out beneath it.”

On 2020-09-30 at 1:53 AM, EpicdudeX said:

"Thank you, and your client for helping me." Kacilius said. "You can leave the Eximus alone. Anak is with me." He pushed himself up to his feet and walked over to the Limbo. "I am Kacilius Venrai, my Vasca Kavat is Vampkitty, and the Moa is Mech of Annihilation." He stumbled again. "Ugh... Still not feeling too well..."

He chuckles to himself "Such a wonderful war instrument" He says, as he holsters his weapon, he looks to the Tenno "Not to worry, always happy to help an ally Tenno" He eyes over to the Exmius "If you say so" His tone sounds a bit rough, it seems he dislikes Grinner "Zaeed Aegis and this is my little buddy Stasis" He says nodding to his own MOA, he takes a look at the Vasca Kavat "Wait, you have a Vasca?"  His voices tightens up "Oh I love Kittys, they are my favorite and these species are an rare find" He says rubbing his chin, he opens his datapad "These species are housed with highly infectious parasitic blood-borne virus right?"  

8 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

He chuckles to himself "Such a wonderful war instrument" He says, as he holsters his weapon, he looks to the Tenno "Not to worry, always happy to help an ally Tenno" He eyes over to the Exmius "If you say so" His tone sounds a bit rough, it seems he dislikes Grinner "Zaeed Aegis and this is my little buddy Stasis" He says nodding to his own MOA, he takes a look at the Vasca Kavat "Wait, you have a Vasca?"  His voices tightens up "Oh I love Kittys, they are my favorite and these species are an rare find" He says rubbing his chin, he opens his datapad "These species are housed with highly infectious parasitic blood-borne virus right?"  

Kacilius sat down on the ground. Vampkitty, sensing how weak he was, bit his arm with Transfusion. "Thanks, Vampkitty. Nice to meet you too, Zaeed. Yes, Vampkitty has the Vasca Virus within him." Looking at the Basmu and the Moa, Kacilius slightly stiffened. "I guess you've dabbled in Sentient technology. Some of it is useful for sure, although facing actual Sentients is annoying enough with their adaptation."

2 hours ago, EpicdudeX said:

Kacilius sat down on the ground. Vampkitty, sensing how weak he was, bit his arm with Transfusion. "Thanks, Vampkitty. Nice to meet you too, Zaeed. Yes, Vampkitty has the Vasca Virus within him." Looking at the Basmu and the Moa, Kacilius slightly stiffened. "I guess you've dabbled in Sentient technology. Some of it is useful for sure, although facing actual Sentients is annoying enough with their adaptation."

He nods "I've been doing it sense I was born, in a way" He says with a smile "I worked with Alad V to make the uh..Amalgams" In reflex, he goes to pet the Kitty but stops himself, he not wanna risk being bitten "Combating them?, I rather treat them like a person, if I have to fight, then I put them down, I don't kill them" He remarks

On 2020-09-29 at 8:53 PM, EpicdudeX said:

"You can leave the Eximus alone. Anak is with me."
On the ground, Anak breathed a sigh of relief, and rolled over, next to the tunnel wall.

As the others talked, she pushed herself into a sitting position against the wall, and swept dust off herself.

Then she said, "What are we going to do with the bodies?"

To say the last thing that went through Val’kor’s head was a bullet would be technically correct. Figuratively there was something else. A realization. Impersonating a manic was a terrible idea. Alas he would never get the chance to stab his “rescuer” in the back and run off with the money. A pity, but then again as a dead man he didn’t really need that shiny pair of claws anyways. 

Tar’rok reached into the armored pouch by his side and pull out... a small piece of metal. The symbol on the back mocked him. “Those who live by the sword will die upon it.” His comrades had warned him about that time and time again. He had refused to listen. Peace would not buy their way off world. So he had come here, stowed away on a transport, and made a deal with a desperate Corpus treasure hunter. A deal that had fallen apart after weeks of searching revealed only a single relic, worth only enough for one dream.

He could not remember who had struck first. All he could remember was the feeling of utter failure as he watched the Corpus limp away with his prize. 

There was only one hope left. He gathered the last of his strength and flung the piece of metal at the Eximus. It fell short, landing only a few feet beyond him, the symbol on the back glinting in the dim light.

On 2020-10-02 at 6:15 PM, UnremarkableUsername said:

"You can leave the Eximus alone. Anak is with me."
On the ground, Anak breathed a sigh of relief, and rolled over, next to the tunnel wall.

As the others talked, she pushed herself into a sitting position against the wall, and swept dust off herself.

Then she said, "What are we going to do with the bodies?"

One of the bodies, the Butcher, moves, tossing something metallic at you. It falls short, landing only a few feet from the butcher’s corpse. He collapses and remains unmoving. 

On 2020-10-02 at 3:35 PM, Circle_of_Psi said:

He nods "I've been doing it sense I was born, in a way" He says with a smile "I worked with Alad V to make the uh..Amalgams" In reflex, he goes to pet the Kitty but stops himself, he not wanna risk being bitten "Combating them?, I rather treat them like a person, if I have to fight, then I put them down, I don't kill them" He remarks

On 2020-10-02 at 1:16 PM, EpicdudeX said:

Lucien, about to pet the Kavat, pulls his hand back suddenly. 

“Blood borne what now?” He asks, sounding a bit nervous. 

On 2020-10-01 at 9:38 PM, (XB1)PolarisWren said:

She silently follows the drone, wondering where exactly they're going. The architecture is familiar, although she cannot place why.

The drone waits patiently back in the concourse. There appears to have been some sort of commotion in the area.

13 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

One of the bodies, the Butcher, moves, tossing something metallic at you. It falls short, landing only a few feet from the butcher’s corpse. He collapses and remains unmoving. 

Kacilius noticed the Butcher throw something made of metal at Anak. "Anak!" He warned, as he threw a rock next to him to deflect it.

On 2020-10-02 at 3:35 PM, Circle_of_Psi said:

Kacilius' hand nearly jerked his Glaive into Zaeed's chest. "You WHAT?!? You made the Amalgams?" Kacilius twitched again. "Why does Alad V always like to screw everyone?" He shook his head. "Please say you at least have some sanity and understand how dangerous they are."

13 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Uh, how do you not know about the Vasca Virus? It's been out on the Plains a pretty long time now." Vampkitty tilted his head, then purred. Despite being very aggressive earlier, Vampkitty seemed more docile now. "You should be fine, since it's not really us that are in contact. Oh, I forgot to ask your name. Who are you?" Kacilius extended his arm for a handshake.

On 2020-09-29 at 1:16 PM, Owlrrex said:

The Wisp seemed to enjoy the little banter around the ''secret'', and is not really suprised or disappointed by the fact that it's not actually a secret. If he hadn't mentioned that their prosthetics were 'cheap', she might've caught another interest there, but cheap wares wouldn't do for her, really. She had cheap stuffs before, and had been sick of the rattling after a week.

Now what does apparently seem to be at least somewhat secret are those lower levels, and Vydraixenne replies immediately with eagerness: "Of course I do! You know that I couldn't pass that offer for its exclusivity alone!" She thought it over a moment. "And you also know that I know, you're just being polite, aren't you?" She floated over to the lift following his gesture.

“Of course”. Ryoko says. “But, to be honest, it is actually quite rare that I meet someone who appreciates the beauty and elegance of Orokin creations. Most see them either as a puzzle to be solved, or a way to get rich.”

The gravity lift induces a feeling of weightlessness for a but a moment, and then you are gliding downwards. The feeing lasts only a short while before you come to a stop. The Arbiter steps out of the beam an into a The circular platform around it. Through the beam you can see what appears to be an indoor forest composed entirely of white and gold plaits. The wonders only grow as a second glance reveals that every single “plant” is instead an Ayatan sculpture, the petals and limbs carefully etched with realistic patterns. The “soil” of this forest is a fine gray powered, that looks as soft as silk, carefully dredged and raked into almost natural patterns. The largest of the plants are several tree like sculptures, their ceramic boughs dotted with  sockets in the place of fruit.

The Arbiter says nothing, allowing you the chance to take it all in.

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

“Of course”. Ryoko says. “But, to be honest, it is actually quite rare that I meet someone who appreciates the beauty and elegance of Orokin creations. Most see them either as a puzzle to be solved, or a way to get rich.”

The gravity lift induces a feeling of weightlessness for a but a moment, and then you are gliding downwards. The feeing lasts only a short while before you come to a stop. The Arbiter steps out of the beam an into a The circular platform around it. Through the beam you can see what appears to be an indoor forest composed entirely of white and gold plaits. The wonders only grow as a second glance reveals that every single “plant” is instead an Ayatan sculpture, the petals and limbs carefully etched with realistic patterns. The “soil” of this forest is a fine gray powered, that looks as soft as silk, carefully dredged and raked into almost natural patterns. The largest of the plants are several tree like sculptures, their ceramic boughs dotted with  sockets in the place of fruit.

The Arbiter says nothing, allowing you the chance to take it all in.

Vydraixenne found it curious to feel the weightlessness that she knew, but without having to exert her own power as she normally did. During the short ride downwards, she did something like a slow-motion cartwheel in mid-air and was replying at the same time.
"Well, they hold plenty riddles on many layers. Not everyone digs deep, but it's also a kind of respect, at least." She didn't bother commenting on those that were only after money. He obviously didn't like them, and she usually found those short-sighted endeavors not even worth her attention. If she hadn't been wearing a mask he could've at least seen her derisive expression, but alas, no such luck. The only thing for him to interpret was their non-mentioning.

When the two Tenno exited the lift it looked for a moment as if the Wisp would just immediately dart off into the artificial forest, overjoyed. It was only once she noticed that the plants were indeed not plants, but artful mimicry that her overboarding exhilaration received a damping back to reasonable levels of emotionality. Still, it was an impressive sight and, in wanting to take in all there was to see, feel, hear and sense, she split a mirage off herself as wisps sometimes tended to do. Herself and that mirage turned in opposite directions on the spot, looking around in the very same mannerism, one to the left and one to the right.
Her voice reflected her excitement, extreme to begin with and a bit more reasonable afterwards. "They are...! Wow. So many. Have these always been here, or have you salvaged them? They are from the Orokin's times, right? You didn't build them?" she asked question after question, hovering right at the edge of the well-maintained 'soil' as if held back by an invisible leash.

Kacilius' hand nearly jerked his Glaive into Zaeed's chest. "You WHAT?!? You made the Amalgams?" Kacilius twitched again. "Why does Alad V always like to screw everyone?" He shook his head. "Please say you at least have some sanity and understand how dangerous they are."

He seems to be unphased by the Glaive " Thanks, but yes, I -helped- make them" He says with a chuckle "Your guess is good as mine, he screw me over by firing me and trying to kill me" He says with a sigh "I am fully aware on how dangerous they are but anything for the Board, back then" He looks to him "As for my sanity?" He just shrugs

2 hours ago, Rakawan said:

He nods "Yes, as long as you have the 'lisau heisah as well we should be fine" He says "But yes, we should be fine, I don't recall Warframes being able to be infected by such, as for me tho?, ehh I am not sure, but I keep a cure incase"

41 minutes ago, Owlrrex said:

Vydraixenne found it curious to feel the weightlessness that she knew, but without having to exert her own power as she normally did. During the short ride downwards, she did something like a slow-motion cartwheel in mid-air and was replying at the same time.
"Well, they hold plenty riddles on many layers. Not everyone digs deep, but it's also a kind of respect, at least." She didn't bother commenting on those that were only after money. He obviously didn't like them, and she usually found those short-sighted endeavors not even worth her attention. If she hadn't been wearing a mask he could've at least seen her derisive expression, but alas, no such luck. The only thing for him to interpret was their non-mentioning.

When the two Tenno exited the lift it looked for a moment as if the Wisp would just immediately dart off into the artificial forest, overjoyed. It was only once she noticed that the plants were indeed not plants, but artful mimicry that her overboarding exhilaration received a damping back to reasonable levels of emotionality. Still, it was an impressive sight and, in wanting to take in all there was to see, feel, hear and sense, she split a mirage off herself as wisps sometimes tended to do. Herself and that mirage turned in opposite directions on the spot, looking around in the very same mannerism, one to the left and one to the right.
Her voice reflected her excitement, extreme to begin with and a bit more reasonable afterwards. "They are...! Wow. So many. Have these always been here, or have you salvaged them? They are from the Orokin's times, right? You didn't build them?" she asked question after question, hovering right at the edge of the well-maintained 'soil' as if held back by an invisible leash.

“You gaze upon what may very well be the last great work of Miriam Tanis before her disappearance.” Ryoko says, a note of sadness in his voice. “They were crafted as a gift to a certain Sectarus. I had the... privilege of seeing them in motion only once. It is a memory I cherish deeply.”

He runs a finger down a petal near him, tracing the patterns. 

“It took years to track them down, the tower housing them had all but fallen apart. We were only able to recover a fifth of the forest before the entire place collapsed and fell down into the inner crust. Unfortunately the stars to animate them were lost along with the rest of the sculptures. They remain frozen in time. A poetic, if regrettable fate.”

Kacilius noticed the Butcher throw something made of metal at Anak. "Anak!" He warned, as he threw a rock next to him to deflect it.

"Uh, how do you not know about the Vasca Virus? It's been out on the Plains a pretty long time now." Vampkitty tilted his head, then purred. Despite being very aggressive earlier, Vampkitty seemed more docile now. "You should be fine, since it's not really us that are in contact. Oh, I forgot to ask your name. Who are you?" Kacilius extended his arm for a handshake.

“I am Lucien Gray.” The Limbo Prime says. “Proud Member of The Sons of Hayden, and currently this fine gentlemen’s bodyguard.” 

He gestures you Zaeed. 

“He made the call to assist you.” Lucien says. 

4 hours ago, Rakawan said:

4 hours ago, EpicdudeX said:

Anak looked at the object quizzically.  It didn't seem to be doing anything.

She blinked slowly, then spoke up a bit louder.  Maybe they would hear her this time.

"What are we going to do with the bodies?  Should we bring them back to the Tower?"

27 minutes ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

She blinked slowly, then spoke up a bit louder.  Maybe they would hear her this time.

"What are we going to do with the bodies?  Should we bring them back to the Tower?"

The object is merely a shard of metal, most likely carved from the hull of a ship. The back of it has a symbol any free Grineer would know. The symbol of the legendary Kavor pacifists. The other side has two words in Grineer script and a set of coordinates. 

”Save Them.”

The coordinates lead to an unexplored portion of the Kuiper Belt. 

2 hours ago, Rakawan said:

“You gaze upon what may very well be the last great work of Miriam Tanis before her disappearance.” Ryoko says, a note of sadness in his voice. “They were crafted as a gift to a certain Sectarus. I had the... privilege of seeing them in motion only once. It is a memory I cherish deeply.”

He runs a finger down a petal near him, tracing the patterns. 

“It took years to track them down, the tower housing them had all but fallen apart. We were only able to recover a fifth of the forest before the entire place collapsed and fell down into the inner crust. Unfortunately the stars to animate them were lost along with the rest of the sculptures. They remain frozen in time. A poetic, if regrettable fate.”

Both Wisps turned around to look at Ryoko, taking the same pose and merging into one again that was undoubtedly looking at him.
"Miriam Tanis. Of House Tanis." she repeated, with no question in her voice. She'd heard him just right. She looked around once more, and then things fell into place.
"Her last gift, you say. To someone she trusted alot."

This was troublesome. She was a Tenno, but held little enthusiasm for fighting beyond the necessities when going around Sol these days. Taking on one of her own kind, especially an experienced guard like him, would not end well. She had to avoid appearing a threat at any cost.
"That... explains very well the House's interest in excavation. They truly are beyond value - not talking about money of course."
How much could she dare say? He had called this his side-job, but on the other hand he'd apparently known this house for long enough and was trusted enough by them to see the forest at its original location. That didn't add up. She had a firm opionion of which was most probably a lie. But if she said enough for him to imply that she caught on, she'd be lucky to be trapped here or sent to never return. There weren't _that_ many ships docked outside, that meant only few Tenno they could potentially rally against her - but the lift was slow. She'd not even leave this floor.

"May I look at them up closer?" she asked after a pause that felt very long to her, and was indeed quite a few seconds that she had spent not fidgeting, not swirling, barely moving at all, just hovering there.

On 2020-10-05 at 11:03 AM, Rakawan said:

“I am Lucien Gray.” The Limbo Prime says. “Proud Member of The Sons of Hayden, and currently this fine gentlemen’s bodyguard.” 

He gestures you Zaeed. 

“He made the call to assist you.” Lucien says. 

"Nice to meet you, Lucien. Limbo is a very nice Warframe for sure, albeit complex."

On 2020-10-05 at 12:38 PM, UnremarkableUsername said:

"I guess we should. See if there's anything they have that's useful."

On 2020-10-05 at 1:08 PM, Rakawan said:

The object is merely a shard of metal, most likely carved from the hull of a ship. The back of it has a symbol any free Grineer would know. The symbol of the legendary Kavor pacifists. The other side has two words in Grineer script and a set of coordinates. 

”Save Them.”

The coordinates lead to an unexplored portion of the Kuiper Belt. 

"Wonder what this piece of metal is." Kacilius walked over and picked it up. "Grineer script? Can't read this mess. Anak, can you help me translate this?" (Italics in quotes means mumbling about how Grineer Script looks like %$#@)

3 hours ago, EpicdudeX said:

"I guess we should. See if there's anything they have that's useful."

"Morrison told me to bring back safety equipment, if I found any dead bodies." Anak began to stand up.  "I guess this isn't really 'finding'..."
She looked over at the corpses.  She's been about to make a deal with them.  Why did Tenno always shoot first and ask questions later, if at all?

3 hours ago, EpicdudeX said:

"Wonder what this piece of metal is." Kacilius walked over and picked it up. "Grineer script? Can't read this mess. Anak, can you help me translate this?" (Italics in quotes means mumbling about how Grineer Script looks like %$#@)

This guy.  This f!!king guy.  She'd thought they were working together.  He had disappeared without telling her, attacked her when she found him, then gotten them into a fight with these two Grineer.  She'd gotten them out of the fight, then his kavat and moa had started it again.  Now he had the nerve to ask for a bit of help like an old friend.

Anak gave Kacilius a very dirty look as she took the metal piece.

She read it.  "'Save Them.'  There's a Kavor logo..." Kavor?  These guys?  They weren't exactly nice... but hey, we attacked us first. "...And there's nav coordinates.  Don't know where they go, I'm not a pilot."

On 2020-10-05 at 1:30 PM, Owlrrex said:

Both Wisps turned around to look at Ryoko, taking the same pose and merging into one again that was undoubtedly looking at him.
"Miriam Tanis. Of House Tanis." she repeated, with no question in her voice. She'd heard him just right. She looked around once more, and then things fell into place.
"Her last gift, you say. To someone she trusted alot."

This was troublesome. She was a Tenno, but held little enthusiasm for fighting beyond the necessities when going around Sol these days. Taking on one of her own kind, especially an experienced guard like him, would not end well. She had to avoid appearing a threat at any cost.
"That... explains very well the House's interest in excavation. They truly are beyond value - not talking about money of course."
How much could she dare say? He had called this his side-job, but on the other hand he'd apparently known this house for long enough and was trusted enough by them to see the forest at its original location. That didn't add up. She had a firm opionion of which was most probably a lie. But if she said enough for him to imply that she caught on, she'd be lucky to be trapped here or sent to never return. There weren't _that_ many ships docked outside, that meant only few Tenno they could potentially rally against her - but the lift was slow. She'd not even leave this floor.

"May I look at them up closer?" she asked after a pause that felt very long to her, and was indeed quite a few seconds that she had spent not fidgeting, not swirling, barely moving at all, just hovering there.

“I did not say trusted.” Ryoko says. “Within those sorts of social circles gifts may be a motivation, rather than a sign of friendship.”

He examines the Wisp. She does not seem familiar, but had obviously heard of House a Tanis. Her bearing indicated a more refined upbringing. There was a chance, however slim, that they might have known eachother before the Zarimman. If that was true, if she knew who he truly was, then her knowledge could become... problematic. What had started as idle conversation was very quickly becoming a battlefield. Well, he could adapt to that. It was the first lesson Abram had drilled into his head. Control the battlefield. 

“If she is curious, then I will give her answers.” He thinks. 

He emerges from his thoughts in time to catch her request. 

“Of course.” He says. “You may even touch the petals, if you would like. I trust that you will be careful.”

He shifts just slightly to the side, moving into the center of the path leading to the lift. 

“By now you may have gathered that i I’ve more than a passing connection to this House.” He says. “In truth, I was an admirer of Miriam Tanis from a young age. The first time I visited the Spire my parents had to drag me away from an Ayatan sculpture. They were convinced I was about to try to disassemble it.”

He laughs. 

“They were right, of course.” He says. “I though the Archimedean would be furious. But she was not. She showed my a blueprint, I was too young to understand the details, and explained how it functioned. That was the turning point. I threw myself into my studies. It became something of an obsession, a dreaM of working here alongside her.”

He sighs. 

“The Zarimman stole that dream from me.” He says. “This is my attempt to reclaim it.”

It wasn’t a lie. Not technically. He had just downplayed a few details. 

Archived