Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I LOVE NERFS

VictusRhul

I remember when Rebecca Ford showed the Kuva Bramma in Scarlet Spear.  I wanted that bow.  I had to ask around to find out about it, then spent time and plat to get it.  I even went and found a riven to make it real deadly.  I was so deadly that DE nerfed it, saving me from myself.  DE went so far to nerf how riven's work saving me from myself further.  I found Xoris was fun play with and DE nerfed that.  DE has reported making $186 Mill last year on our revenue and this is cool.  They are getting like Blizzard and being like Blizzard, plan each month to nerf something.  Blizzard called it balancing.  Sounds familiar?

I like to see what they are going to nerf after Tencent or Sony buys them out.  Sony was big on changes and nerfing things.  I use to play Star Wars Galaxy until Sony came in and change and nerf things into oblivion.

SOOOOO, DE keep on nerfings things.  Save us from our self's.

Yes, it’s pretty pathetic that they can’t get it right the first time they release something,or the second time,or the the third time in a lot of things. We call them the fun killers in my clan, who we have lost quite a few players because of De’s business practices. I don’t know why they can’t get their act together 

15 hours ago, VictusRhul said:

You say that sarcastically, yet that is the entire purpose of balancing. Given the opportunity, players will optimise the fun right out of a game, making it a dull and repetitive experience.

Bear in mind that overall, DE buffs a lot more than they nerf. Funny how you never hear about that though.

The point I'm trying to make is one that Pablo made when he nerfed the Catchmoon.  Everyone was using the catchmoon so, there for his logic was we (DE) needed to nerf it. 

I understand what they are doing.  They are making Great and Deadly weapons that people use a lot poor performers so we (the players) run out and purchase new hardware.  Then use forma to level that up, put mods on it so it can be deadly.  THEN DE will nerf that one.  So on and so forth.

Don't get me wrong this is a fun game.  What I really wish they would do is turn off the nerfs for steel path.

6 hours ago, VictusRhul said:

They are making Great and Deadly weapons that people use a lot poor performers so we (the players) run out and purchase new hardware.

You do realise that the problem was the extent of its overuse, right? Pre-nerf, Catchmoon was used 50% of the time by high level players, dwarfing the usage rates of the next most popular weapon.

They didn't even nerf its damage. All they did was increase its falloff rate. Your numbers are still the same as they ever were, you just have to get closer. Likewise, the Bramma's power level was maintained, they just made it so you can't just go "All Bramma, All the Time" by adjusting its ammo economy.

You're ascribing malice when their goals are plainly visible: They don't want a single weapon to dominate the game, because it's unhealthy for the sandbox.

5 hours ago, Corvid said:

You do realise that the problem was the extent of its overuse, right? Pre-nerf, Catchmoon was used 50% of the time by high level players, dwarfing the usage rates of the next most popular weapon.

They didn't even nerf its damage. All they did was increase its falloff rate. Your numbers are still the same as they ever were, you just have to get closer. Likewise, the Bramma's power level was maintained, they just made it so you can't just go "All Bramma, All the Time" by adjusting its ammo economy.

No, they don't realise that. It's a knee-jerk reaction to the word "nerf". Also note that they seem to be the type of player who wants to buy the OP gear, probably because they can’t be bothered to get it by playing the game. 

As an aside, a well-modded catchmoon, while definitely not what it used to be, still oneshots most of the enemies we are likely to face on the starchart, even from a distance. And it usually makes short work of the rest. 

Only thing that I can think of where it's not a real option anymore, is probably hunting eidolons. 

On 2020-07-19 at 5:25 AM, VictusRhul said:

I remember when Rebecca Ford showed the Kuva Bramma in Scarlet Spear.  I wanted that bow.  I had to ask around to find out about it, then spent time and plat to get it.  I even went and found a riven to make it real deadly.  I was so deadly that DE nerfed it, saving me from myself.  DE went so far to nerf how riven's work saving me from myself further.  I found Xoris was fun play with and DE nerfed that.  DE has reported making $186 Mill last year on our revenue and this is cool.  They are getting like Blizzard and being like Blizzard, plan each month to nerf something.  Blizzard called it balancing.  Sounds familiar?

I like to see what they are going to nerf after Tencent or Sony buys them out.  Sony was big on changes and nerfing things.  I use to play Star Wars Galaxy until Sony came in and change and nerf things into oblivion.

I can feel the insanity in the writing, oh poor souls going for meta weps

3 hours ago, (PS4)Apoleon_amarr said:

Now i get why they increased the riven cap, to have a groll for every single weapon, when a new balance comes we can jump to the next op weapon 

Or maybe it's because the community was constantly whining about wanting another cap increase.

Archived