The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Save / Cross Play / Cross Platform / Cross Progress / Account Transfer / Account Migration Megathread

(PSN)CagzJohn06

I've honestly always wondered why there's no cross progress / cross-save and Warframe across the consoles and pc. They're getting pretty close of catching everything up update wise.

There's got to be a pretty good technical reason why they haven't. I can only imagine there's always some issuses with the communication between all of the parties involved. Perhaps it has to do with in game plat sales...

23 hours ago, (PS4)TheWanderer17 said:

1. Own multiple platforms

2. Buy new platforms

3. Have a device kick the bucket

How many people want that do you think? I mean, PS4 doesn't kick the bucket so often that you need to cross-save, should i assume that not that many people play on both PS4 and NDS at the same time?

By the way, i don't think it's going to be cross-save in any foreseeable future, simply because different platform have different builds, and account might be downgraded when transfered from PC to PS4 - some mod might get deleted because it doesn't exist (yet) in PS4 build. How disappointed you're going to be if unobtainable necramech mod is deleted in the migration process? But account-migration (like in subj) might be possible, but not instant, they might migrate your account to PC if you want, but when PS4 patch is approved and all PS4 accounts upgraded to the latest patch.

Another way is to have same build on all platforms which is also unlikely to happen, send your complain to Sony or something.

14 minutes ago, HelloItIsIJimbles said:

I've honestly always wondered why there's no cross progress / cross-save and Warframe across the consoles and pc. They're getting pretty close of catching everything up update wise.

There's got to be a pretty good technical reason why they haven't. I can only imagine there's always some issuses with the communication between all of the parties involved. Perhaps it has to do with in game plat sales...

You could probably find a few answers to the questions in this thread. 

honestly, cross save is easy, the only catch would be, tennogen items are locked to the console you are on, so you cant take tennogen items from console to pc, or from PS4 to xbox/switch, and plat as well since i'm sure sony and other wouldent want to give the other platforms free platinum.

the pc version doesnt get a restart/try again every major hardware upgrade, so why would consoles? after the ps3 and x360 all "consoles" are basically pc laptops without a screen, using standard pc components, no custom console stuff, even calling them consoles is a push, the "new" consoles are just the same as the previous with better pc components thrown in, its not like warframe needs a recode for the new console, the ps4 one will probably and should run out of the box with little issue, after all its just a minor hardware upgrade, theres no reason for a fresh new version.

3 hours ago, 32768 said:

How many people want that do you think? I mean, PS4 doesn't kick the bucket so often that you need to cross-save, should i assume that not that many people play on both PS4 and NDS at the same time?

By the way, i don't think it's going to be cross-save in any foreseeable future, simply because different platform have different builds, and account might be downgraded when transfered from PC to PS4 - some mod might get deleted because it doesn't exist (yet) in PS4 build. How disappointed you're going to be if unobtainable necramech mod is deleted in the migration process? But account-migration (like in subj) might be possible, but not instant, they might migrate your account to PC if you want, but when PS4 patch is approved and all PS4 accounts upgraded to the latest patch.

Another way is to have same build on all platforms which is also unlikely to happen, send your complain to Sony or something.

All solvable. 

Where was I complaining exactly? 

Cross save is good for the game, consumer and developer.  Migration is a good interim solution but i do think cross save is a long term win.

Your concern with lost data is not a reason to avoid working towards it.  If that was the way everyone thought, humanity would still be in the stone age.

18 hours ago, BloodKitten said:

honestly, cross save is easy, the only catch would be, tennogen items are locked to the console you are on, so you cant take tennogen items from console to pc, or from PS4 to xbox/switch, and plat as well since i'm sure sony and other wouldent want to give the other platforms free platinum.

id have to disagree as i have tennogen on xbox

just allow them to be brung with cross save once so that you cant buy them on console and bring them to pc multiple times 

2 hours ago, (PS4)TheWanderer17 said:

All solvable. 

Where was I complaining exactly? 

Cross save is good for the game, consumer and developer.  Migration is a good interim solution but i do think cross save is a long term win.

Your concern with lost data is not a reason to avoid working towards it.  If that was the way everyone thought, humanity would still be in the stone age.

Of course it's possible, just make all builds the same, so NDS is going to wait when PS4 build is approved and all PC players are going to wait too, and vice versa. Easy. But is it worth it?

What i'm trying to ask is how many people want this?

17 minutes ago, 32768 said:

Of course it's possible, just make all builds the same, so NDS is going to wait when PS4 build is approved and all PC players are going to wait too, and vice versa. Easy. But is it worth it?

What i'm trying to ask is how many people want this?

Many of us want it, the real question is will the people who run the corporations that have the legally binding contracts with DE agree to allow it. So far it looks like the answer is "no". 

4 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Many of us want it, the real question is will the people who run the corporations that have the legally binding contracts with DE agree to allow it. So far it looks like the answer is "no". 

I'm more concerned what is going to happen when console players are going to see og PC bugs, are they going to change their mind or not. And it would be interesting to see how this turns out when DE need 3 or 4 approvals from third-parties before releasing a patch.

En 14/9/2020 a las 18:52, (NSW)mrEkli dijo:

Yes it does. The fact that you don't notice that means your part in the discussion is meaningless. I made the distinctions for a reason.

No , it does not . Any progress pass from one to another its a violation of the "contract" that DE has with sony .... and would cause that sony take out the game of their console .

vor 15 Stunden schrieb Yagamilight123:

Its the same platform :facepalm: . There is no option for not being "cross-save" because there is nothing to "cross" .

The point is that, contrary to the claims of certain consoleros here, Valve doesn't care whether all purchases for a game that's played on their system go through them and therefore what Sony does is in fact not "jUsT LiKe vAlVe DoEs". You can't use "iTs ThE sAmE pLaTfOrM" as an argument when the forced creation of an artificial distinction between different platform versions of the exact same game is the thing we're arguing about. Sony isn't just behaving just like Valve. If they were, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

4 hours ago, Krankbert said:

The point is that, contrary to the claims of certain consoleros here, Valve doesn't care whether all purchases for a game that's played on their system go through them and therefore what Sony does is in fact not "jUsT LiKe vAlVe DoEs". You can't use "iTs ThE sAmE pLaTfOrM" as an argument when the forced creation of an artificial distinction between different platform versions of the exact same game is the thing we're arguing about. Sony isn't just behaving just like Valve. If they were, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

You meant to write "Valve doesn't actually have a monopoly on a platform right now and therefore kinda know that they can't stop anyone anyway?"

And yes, "PC and Steam" really are the same platform in terms of the releases. 

On 2020-09-20 at 2:53 PM, BloodKitten said:

tennogen items are locked to the console you are on, so you cant take tennogen items from console to pc, or from PS4 to xbox/switch

Why would this even be a thing? PC already has all Tennogen, all the consoles share the same Tennogen. You just made a senseless statement.

2 hours ago, (XB1)Rez090 said:

Why would this even be a thing? PC already has all Tennogen, all the consoles share the same Tennogen. You just made a senseless statement.

to even see tennogen on PC you need a linked steam account and launch the game via steam, there is a contract that they cannot sell tennogen for platinum since they use the steam workshop as submission area, consoles, do not have a simular third party app for this and console tennogen are only brought after they had to reach and agreement with the artist if they even willing to sell it there.

tennogen, and console/pc exclusive items should not be transferable between platform.

2 hours ago, BloodKitten said:

to even see tennogen on PC you need a linked steam account and launch the game via steam, there is a contract that they cannot sell tennogen for platinum since they use the steam workshop as submission area, consoles, do not have a simular third party app for this and console tennogen are only brought after they had to reach and agreement with the artist if they even willing to sell it there.

tennogen, and console/pc exclusive items should not be transferable between platform.

Tennogen still doesn't count here, you already paid for it on one platform, why should your purchase not count on another platform? And really though, Steam is easy to sign up for. I myself have a Steam account even though I don't play on pc.

45 minutes ago, (XB1)Rez090 said:

Tennogen still doesn't count here, you already paid for it on one platform, why should your purchase not count on another platform? And really though, Steam is easy to sign up for. I myself have a Steam account even though I don't play on pc.

Because if you buy it on console and then move to PC with it, you just bypassed paying for it. The contract DE has with the artists of Tennogen is that it is sold through Steam for real money. For consoles, they make contracts with each one individually, giving them a large lump sum for x amount of sales, then they are allowed to sell those items on console for plat. So, again, being able to buy them on console, then use them on PC, bypasses that contract. That is why if any cross save does happen, Tennogen should, and likely won't, be crossable.

Tennogen is one of the big roadblocks they have with cross platform, not just the console companies.

3 hours ago, IspanoLFW said:

Because if you buy it on console and then move to PC with it, you just bypassed paying for it. The contract DE has with the artists of Tennogen is that it is sold through Steam for real money. For consoles, they make contracts with each one individually, giving them a large lump sum for x amount of sales, then they are allowed to sell those items on console for plat. So, again, being able to buy them on console, then use them on PC, bypasses that contract. That is why if any cross save does happen, Tennogen should, and likely won't, be crossable.

Tennogen is one of the big roadblocks they have with cross platform, not just the console companies.

just allow tennogen and make cross save once per account?

that way you cant buy them on xbox/pc and keep transfering them to pc

3 minutes ago, (XB1)RazorMuffin03 said:

You're not talking about cross save. Cross save has no "transfers." Cross save means you can literally play on any platform, but the platforms themselves cannot play together.

12 minutes ago, (XB1)RazorMuffin03 said:

Okay, let's try it this way: Who do you think can "just allow" the Tennogen? You just quoted someone explaining why that's not possible for DE, due to contractual obligations. Seriously.

This isn't rocket science. 

Really in this whole discussion, it's Sony that's the biggest "permission" issue. Everyone has been playing well with the big Cross Play / Cross Save games, except Sony. Even with Geshin Impact coming out, saves are on their own Sony island but Cross Play is open with mobile (other consoles maybe after they come out). Minecraft has it's own island of mine "tokens" instead of MineCoins. 

Archived