Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa- Corrosive Projection, Pistol Amp, or Growing Power

uAir

Question

Hello, all.

I was told today that Growing Power is better on Mesa than Pistol Amp.
I had been playing under the assumption that an extra 25% power strength and conditional proc (that I thought Peacemaker never activated but I guess it does).

Still, I'm thinking that Mesa's Peacemakers only locks in your power strength at time of cast. So if I jump into a room with fresh enemies and I activate Peacemaker, my power strength gets nothing. Even if I proc status afterwards and activate Growing Power to boost power strength by 25% it doesn't help unless I activate and reactivate Peacemaker.

=======

I was on a break with Warframe for a while and have recently just returned. I heard about the armor changes so I adjusted my builds accordingly. Corrosive Projection nerf was sad. 😞

I swapped out Corrosive Projection for Pistol Amp.
I also changed my Regulators build, putting Viral in and removing Hornet Strike for Primed Heated Charge.

Would someone be able to take a look at these builds and let me know if it's more worthwhile to run CP, GP, or PA for my aura mod and what build should I make my regulators instead. Also, does subsequent heat procs add up? For instance, 100 armor, first proc brings it to 50. Second proc puts it at 25. Third proc at 12.5. And so on and so forth? Or does it just set it at 50% armor and doesn't decrease it past that?

Thanks.

QhTNNBG.jpg

RZy7syK.jpg

12 answers to this question

Heat procs dont reduce armor further than 50%. You seem to know to not use hornet strike on your regulators, the same applies for pistol amp because it's together with hornet strike in the calculation and the value is pretty low on top of that. Mesa is unique with her exalted weapon because power strength does not directly affect the base damage of the weapon but rather acts as a +damage mod like hornet strike.

Personally I would just go for CP.

CP or GP. I don’t have tge math and don’t care to, but if you’re using a status inducing weapon and trigger GP you can then switch into Peacemaker to kill a bunch of enemies. It should lock in power strength at the start, but I’d check the wiki and see if anyone tested the interactions between Peacemaker and Growing Power.

12 hours ago, Drachnyn said:

You seem to know to not use hornet strike on your regulators, the same applies for pistol amp because it's together with hornet strike in the calculation and the value is pretty low on top of that. Mesa is unique with her exalted weapon because power strength does not directly affect the base damage of the weapon but rather acts as a +damage mod like hornet strike.

I lie to myself every time I think I know what's going on in Warframe, this game is a giant Katamari made of edge cases.  TIL

1 hour ago, kasngun said:

So does that mean all the top builds on overframe.gg for the regulators won't bring out its true potential because they have Hornet Strike in its build?

That shows you what most people use, most people are always wrong, generally about everything :)

15 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

I prefer Speed Holster on Mesa. Afaik it only effects how quickly she deactivates regulators and not draw speed which is effected by cast speed. 

You're not going to get a huge DPS boost from any aura mod so I see it as a QoL utility mod slot on Mesa. 

I've tried this out too, I generally only use Mesa 4 while airborne because its more fun, so having that increased speed for her regs is actually useful in that situation.

Archived