The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Helminth: Dev Workshop

[DE]Rebecca

8 hours ago, selig_fay said:

Easy

This is your problem. I don't know how you intend to use helminth when Prime can't be used for feeding. 

getting 3 non primes for the abilities I want aint exactly gonna make me MR 15 from MR10 is it.

7 hours ago, Aralicia said:

According to you :
Volt + All primes (29) + Frames without prime except grendel & wisp (11) : 41 frames. 246000 mastery points
1 amp + 6 weapons. 21000 points

Because you have a "maxed Railjack" :
7 intrisic ranks (minimum to get access to Veil Proxima): 10500
1 archwing, archgun, archmelee : 12000

Because you have registered since far after the junction system :
13 junctions (because you need to get to Eris for Nidus) : 13000

Total : 302500 points.
Mastery Points required for MR 11 : 302500.
Without factoring anything else, such as starter weapons, companions and starchart nodes, that's already enough to get to MR 11.

Please stop. There's a limit to how much [self-censored] I can accept. If you are unexperienced enough to believe that your 6 weapons are the only worth anthing, Helminth is clearly not for you yet.

I probably have enough points for MR12. I got those just by playing, albeit playing things I wanted the way I wanted them. I expect a game to cater to my ego, I jump in for 30mins, I leave feeling like a god and master of the universe. I don't want a game to expect me to do something so that I can unlock doing something I want in exchange. I don't get anything in return for playing this game, once DE closes it's servers, all and every 'achievement' will be rendered void. If you put that work in real life, you get something out of it. With games the only thing you can get is a momentary feeling of entertainment. If I have to do crap I don't want to do, that's not entertainment, that's torture.

il y a 13 minutes, Hardenum a dit :

I probably have enough points for MR12. I got those just by playing, albeit playing things I wanted the way I wanted them. I expect a game to cater to my ego, I jump in for 30mins, I leave feeling like a god and master of the universe. I don't want a game to expect me to do something so that I can unlock doing something I want in exchange. I don't get anything in return for playing this game, once DE closes it's servers, all and every 'achievement' will be rendered void. If you put that work in real life, you get something out of it. With games the only thing you can get is a momentary feeling of entertainment. If I have to do crap I don't want to do, that's not entertainment, that's torture.

While it is a fair point ; DE has to slightly torture us in order to get paid. That's the basic economic plan of any free to play, and DE is trying really hard to not fall into the dark side. They struggle, they do, but they still try to be the good guys.

That said, Mastery 15 represent only 1/4 of the total mastery (XP wise) ; and it isn't any close to "Veteran" or "end game". Overall, mastery is the EASIEST thing to farm in the game. After Mastery, there is still a full world to explore, enjoy, and grind : we could talk about Ephemeras, and the Codex, which take thousands of hours to complete, for nothing game changing.

If you don't want to farm it ; don't. Keep playing the game YOUR way, and have fun with the tools you can have access too. But then, if you want something "more", they yes, you got to grind for it.

In my 6 years playing this game I've never really felt the need to have to post in the forums for WF, but this particular update I need to say a few things: 

- Wukong's subsumed ability should absolutely be Celestial Twin and not Defy.  Defy uses Wukong's Iron Staff in the attack/animation, therefore I would consider that a signature "Wukong" move and should stay Wukong-only.  Celestial Twin is a generic/basic enough ability to swap among frames.  A quick skim though this feed tells me I think I'm in the majority when I say this was the expected ability we would obtain from sacrificing Wukong... not Defy.

- Rhino's Roar should not be a subsumed ability.  I get that the damage-boosting frames won't be able to use it, however the other 30ish frames will.  If you're looking for variety, this is one way to kill it.  Everyone's going to obviously slap this on most of their frames now (why wouldn't they?). It pretty much makes Rhino irrelevant as a frame too going forward.

- Nyx I was initially expecting Psychic Bolts to be chosen, but I can live with Mind Control.  I'm more just surprised Mind Control was chosen because that's a pretty unique move for Nyx to suddenly be giving everyone else.

Most of the rest of the abilities chosen made sense as subsumed abilities overall.  But those three cases above definitely stood out to me as kind of, "Wait a minute... that can't be right..." moments.

That's just my opinion of course... but I think it's clear based on clicking a forum post with already 72 pages of posts on it that a little more thought needs to be put into this update before it's released to the masses.  Looking forward to it regardless.

1 hour ago, (PS4)GateNomez said:

- Rhino's Roar should not be a subsumed ability.  I get that the damage-boosting frames won't be able to use it, however the other 30ish frames will.  If you're looking for variety, this is one way to kill it.  Everyone's going to obviously slap this on most of their frames now (why wouldn't they?). It pretty much makes Rhino irrelevant as a frame too going forward.

Yup

On 2020-08-12 at 1:58 PM, Xardis said:

How exactly will the quiver from Ivara work?

What parts are in and what are out, tap to cloak and hold to noise suggests only those 2, but the augment notes say that dashwire as well? Can you clarify that?

i believe what they meant was that the augment only works for those two? Meaning that the augment won't work on the new frame, since those arrows do not exist in the ability

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Sky_Warrior685 said:

i believe what they meant was that the augment only works for those two? Meaning that the augment won't work on the new frame, since those arrows do not exist in the ability

its sad... coulda been a decent ability choice but they murdered it with that selection of noise arrow

On 2020-08-13 at 10:58 PM, Ninj4Rdin said:

Vauban...agree... all frame got the orbiter to launch orbital attack so orbital strike would make sense

Thanks for reading my post. Now we'll just have to see what the end results will be. Also good build suggestions, I'll look into them.

On 2020-08-13 at 8:48 PM, (PS4)DeFuerza said:

When something becomes the go-to weapon/mod/'Frame for too large a percentage of the player population, DE "nerf"s it, not to punish the people using it, but to make every other choice equally as viable.

I would disagree on that.

Imagine a restaurant having same strategy:

• If people choose too much pizza we put tons of black pepper there to make other dishes as viable.
  • People stopped eating pizza and switched to soup? Let's put sugar in it to make other dishes as viable.
  • And as it goes on we have people looking at the mess and turning away because every dish is now having a bad taste.

This is what slowly happens to everything in Warframe, just they add new "dishes" so people have something to "eat" for some time.

vor 22 Minuten schrieb Zilotz:

I would disagree on that.

Imagine a restaurant having same strategy:

• If people choose too much pizza we put tons of black pepper there to make other dishes as viable.
  • People stopped eating pizza and switched to soup? Let's put sugar in it to make other dishes as viable.
  • And as it goes on we have people looking at the mess and turning away because every dish is now having a bad taste.

This is what slowly happens to everything in Warframe, just they add new "dishes" so people have something to "eat" for some time.

More like this one:

The price for pizza is miscalculated and way too low by a good margin. So everyone and his/her grandma orders only pizza, making having a menu card kind of pointless (and a bit unhealthy for all parties involved).
So the restaurant should recalculate prices accross the different dishes, making all dishes viable choices for many different kind of customers.

On 2020-08-13 at 4:00 AM, DawnoftheWhiteFury said:

Try reading the post.

First of all, it's very questionable whether shooting gallery counts as a full-on damage buffing ability, as it has puny, irrelevant additive damage boost. Second, even if it does, you'd still swap it for roar any day of the week, because roar should still outperform any of elemental damage buffs (nourish, xata, trooper, infusion) and shooting gallery combined.

So in the end, it's a roaring mesa either way.

1 minute ago, GREF_TM said:

First of all, it's very questionable whether shooting gallery counts as a full-on damage buffing ability, as it has puny, irrelevant additive damage boost. Second, even if it does, you'd still swap it for roar any day of the week, because roar should still outperform any of elemental damage buffs (nourish, xata, trooper, infusion) and shooting gallery combined.

I think you are responding to the wrong person.

8 minutes ago, DawnoftheWhiteFury said:

I think you are responding to the wrong person.

How is that? You used part of workshop post about damage buffs not being stackable as a way to dismiss other user's comment about how roar will be broken on frames like mesa, yet it's not a valid counter-argument , as you'd be able to put roar on mesa regardless.

6 minutes ago, GREF_TM said:

How is that? You used part of workshop post about damage buffs not being stackable as a way to dismiss other user's comment about how roar will be broken on frames like mesa, yet it's not a valid counter-argument , as you'd be able to put roar on mesa regardless.

Huh? I did no such thing. I was referring to the fact that the original comment stated that the system would be broken due to being able to have multiple damage buffing powers on the same frame, which cannot be done.

4 minutes ago, DawnoftheWhiteFury said:

the original comment stated that the system would be broken due to being able to have multiple damage buffing powers on the same frame

He didn't say that. His example was an already very strong DPS frame (mesa) with only one insanely strong damage buff added (roar or eclipse). Not two, not three, not five, just one roar/eclipse.

4 minutes ago, DawnoftheWhiteFury said:

He edited his comment then, because he absolutely said that.

I'm referring to a quote of him in your post, which he cannot possibly change.

Which makes me think, maybe you should use your own advise and try reading what your're quoting? Just saying.

On 2020-08-12 at 10:58 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

What about Damage buffing Abilities?

As you can see, we have two Abilities that increase damage: Mirage’s Eclipse, and Rhino’s Roar. We are creating a special case for these Abilities when infused on Warframes with similar Abilities (i.e Chroma, Mirage, Rhino, Octavia). When you infuse these, you will receive a prompt that you can only have 1 Damage Buffing ability at a time, and thus you are limited to replacing said ability type. Which is to say - Damage Buffing abilities can only be swapped with Damage Buffing Abilities on Warframes that already have them. However, that limitation does not apply to the other 30+ Warframes. 

And while I know a hundred people are going to jump down my throat for spoiling their carefully laid plans by pointing this out, it's better to discuss now while it can be changed than after the update when people have already subsumed their Mesas or a hotfix dummies it out:

What does this mean for Shooting Gallery? It's a damage-buffing ability that is not listed as having this limitation and can be donated, allowing it to potentially be stacked on those same frames. Arguably it's in the same boat as Chroma's Vex Armor, as a semi-offensive semi-defensive party buff.

On 2020-08-13 at 4:15 AM, --Q--FSK41 said:

I admit I responded too fast,but that was just to be on the first page,i adjusted my example on my original post ,maybe ,since you are  cearly posess the power of reading, read my new and updated post instead of talking about the old one

28 minutes ago, GREF_TM said:

I'm referring to a quote of him in your post, which he cannot possibly change.

Which makes me think, maybe you should use your own advise and try reading what your're quoting? Just saying.

"This System is broken and will break the game completely,it shouldn't come into the game so many broken  combinations,for example chroma and eclipse/roar = who the hell thought of this. its completely unbalanced PLEASE DE do NOT put this into the game,since you made enemies paper the game is already quite easy but with this its literally broken"

These were his original words were he uses the specific example of CHROMA (aka combining Vex Armor and Roar), not MESA. Perhaps you need to take my advice as well and actually read posts before responding to them. As for the overall topic of how allegedly broken this system will be, I'm not really interested in discussing it. I only initially commented to point out the "no multiple damage buffing powers" rule to people not reading the entire original post.

I think its incredible that Rhino’s third ability [Roar] can be shared.
In today's environment, players use Rhino mostly for [Iron Skin] or [Roar].
If [Roar]] can be shared to other warframes, it will greatly reduce the chance of rhino appearing.
In the future, everyone will say "we need a warframe with [Roar]" instead of "we need a Strength rhino".
I think this needs to be taken seriously.
For example, can you imagine Trinity's [Energy Vampire] can be shared to other warframes.
I would like DE to consider this.

Archived