Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

digital extremes accidentally retconed the warframes building sistem with helminth

(PSN)yokai1235

52 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

Could you repeat that in a sentence that makes sense?

retcon é uma ferramenta narrativa que muda a percepção de determinado fato de uma história adicionando novas informações como recitando um fato de forma diferente ou expandindo o de forma a englobar novas interpretações 

easier tham this to understend is impossible

2 minutes ago, (PS4)yokai1235 said:

retcon é uma ferramenta narrativa que muda a percepção de terminado fato de uma história adicionando novas informações como recitando um fato de forma diferente ou expandindo o de forma a englobar novas interpretações 

easier tham this to understend is impossible

Yes, now apply what you just said to the things you are saying...

All you are saying is that it doesn't fit what you assumed the lore meant...That's not a retcon. 

13 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

Yes, now apply what you just said to the things you are saying...

All you are saying is that it doesn't fit what you assumed the lore meant...That's not a retcon. 

that's not what said you are so out of arguments that you are making a strawman now

2 minutes ago, (PS4)yokai1235 said:

that's not what said you are so out of arguments that you are making a strawman now

And you don't have any arguments whatsoever, you keep throwing the word retcon like it's a smoking gun without explaining. Everyone already explained that nothing was changed related to Helminth they just expanded on the capabilities that it has.

38 minutes ago, (PS4)yokai1235 said:

retcon é uma ferramenta narrativa que muda a percepção de terminado fato de uma história adicionando novas informações como recitando um fato de forma diferente ou expandindo o de forma a englobar novas interpretações 

retcon is a narrative tool that changes the perception of the finished fact of a story by adding new information such as reciting a fact differently or expanding it to include new interpretations.

That hasn't happened in the places where you say it's happening because you can't assert that the story had a finished fact.

data GIFNo strawmen detected.

Spoiler

Here's the thing, You can choose to believe whatever you want to believe—That's your right.

Don't ask or tell me to believe it though...

When you make a declarative statement, (and that is precisely what you are doing) expect to get fact checked.

For example, If you want to stand in a corner and say, "I can make a booger talk."...That's fine.

If you tell me the same thing? I'm gonna expect proof.

Your proof ain't gettin' it.

1 minute ago, (XB1)C11H22O11 said:

And you don't have any arguments whatsoever, you keep throwing the word retcon like it's a smoking gun without explaining. Everyone already explained that nothing was changed related to Helminth they just expanded on the capabilities that it has.

the retcon is how it does the ability changes and how is related to the forging of warframes originally the components that make the warframe the neuro visor that gives the hud chassi that give the abilitys armor and the apparence and sistem that gives the rest but helminth can literally do to you like staby with niddle and i find a bad because it leteraly destroys the explanation to why te components exist and if is inevitable to change to a organ transplant 

1 minute ago, Padre_Akais said:

retcon is a narrative tool that changes the perception of the finished fact of a story by adding new information such as reciting a fact differently or expanding it to include new interpretations.

That hasn't happened in the places where you say it's happening.

data GIFNo strawmen detected.

Reveal hidden contents

Here's the thing, You can choose to believe whatever you want to believe—That's your right.

Don't ask or tell me to believe it though...

When you make a declarative statement, (and that is precisely what you are doing) expect to get fact checked.

For example, If you want to stand in a corner and say, "I can make a booger talk."...That's fine.

If you tell me the same thing? I'm gonna expect proof.

Your proof ain't gettin' it.

the auto correct fail again it wasn't terminado fato (finished fact) it was determinado fato (determined fact) 

8 minutes ago, (PS4)yokai1235 said:

the neuro visor that gives the hud chassi that give the abilitys armor and the apparence and sistem that gives the rest

Can you share the source of this? As far as I know, there is absolutely nothing in the lore that mentions this.
And that is exactly why this is NOT a retcon. DE is not reinterpreting how abilities work lorewise, because that has never been explained in the first place. 

Pfft , OP has no idea what he is talking about,

He is confusing his head canon with facts,

and turning vague hints in game into absolute truth.

Next he will say parazons are retcon. (that is sarcasm)

I am not defending DE they have done a lot in the past that was totally unexpected and went against some of the established lore, consistency is a very poor thing in this game.

But warframes being infested is not it.

Heres the sequence:

Vors prize: Are we the warframes or are warframes power suits with us in them?

Second dream: We are not warframes we are the operators! so warframes are just puppet power suits with mind link?

War within: Operators can control more than just warframes.

Sacrifice: Warframes (some of them) were people! that were genetically modified by a strain of infestation? Operators and warframes are in a partnership? more than they are in a puppet puppeteer relationship?

These are gradual "Revelations".

12 minutes ago, (PS4)yokai1235 said:

the auto correct fail again it wasn't terminado fato (finished fact) it was determinado fato (determined fact) 

Now who's hoisting strawmen...?

Either would require that YOU ASSUME that they were complete facts.

Since that was never the case, what you call a "retcon" remains based on the fact that you assumed something else initially.

49 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

I can't even imagine how triggering a movie like Clue must have been to you.

madeline kahn flames GIF

17 minutes ago, General-Pacman said:

Can you share the source of this? As far as I know, there is absolutely nothing in the lore that mentions this.
And that is exactly why this is NOT a retcon. DE is not reinterpreting how abilities work lorewise, because that has never been explained in the first place. 

ther names and fotos are autodiscritive neuro optics is a implant that in fiction lets you use your vision as a hud and to see thought sensors and cameras chassi is a shell with functions if was just the armor would call armor and sistem the image looks like a exoskeleton exo skeletons on the case of warframes serve by the only description found in the warframe it servers to enhence fisical abilities and connect the components 

17 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Pfft , OP has no idea what he is talking about,

He is confusing his head canon with facts,

and turning vague hints in game into absolute truth.

Next he will say parazons are retcon. (that is sarcasm)

I am not defending DE they have done a lot in the past that was totally unexpected and went against some of the established lore, consistency is a very poor in this game.

But warframes being infested is not it.

Heres the sequence:

Vors prize: Are we the warframes or are warframes power suits with us in them?

Second dream: We are not warframes we are the operators! so warframes are just puppet power suits with mind link?

War within: Operators can control more than just warframes.

Sacrifice: Warframes (some of them) were people! that were genetically modified by a strain of infestation? Operators and warframes are in a partnership? more than they are in a puppet puppeteer relationship?

These are gradual "Revelations".

gradual revelations can be considered retcon or something similar depending on the contect and parazons are narrative revision or incert retcons change subtaly the parazonis blatant insertion that iven de had add a dialog to explain

22 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

Now who's hoisting strawmen...?

Either would require that YOU ASSUME that they were complete facts.

Since that was never the case, what you call a "retcon" remains based on the fact that you assumed something else initially.

I can't even imagine how triggering a movie like Clue must have been to you.

madeline kahn flames GIF

nope different of what you think i don't see retcon as bad things i only se inconsistence or bad executions as bad things like how parazon was implemented

15 minutes ago, (PS4)yokai1235 said:

ther names and fotos are autodiscritive neuro optics is a implant that in fiction lets you use your vision as a hud and to see thought sensors and cameras chassi is a shell with functions if was just the armor would call armor and sistem the image looks like a exoskeleton exo skeletons on the case of warframes serve by the only description found in the warframe it servers to enhence fisical abilities and connect the components 

Those are just your own assumptions. The names and pictures of the blueprints give us just a very vague idea of what they are: the neuroptics are the head/brain, the chassis the body, the systems the inner parts, thats it; the rest is just speculations from your part.

Again, if you want to argue whether or not the helminth is retconing the origin of warframe abilities, then share with us a codex entry, a quest dialogue, ANYTHING real, that is ingame, that explains precisely what warframe abilities are and where do they come from. Otherwise, this is nothing more than your own imagination.

1 minute ago, General-Pacman said:

Those are just your own assumptions. The names and pictures of the blueprints give us just a very vague idea of what they are: the neuroptics are the head/brain, the chassis the body, the systems the inner parts, thats it; the rest is just speculations from your part.

Again, if you want to argue whether or not the helminth is retconing the origin of warframe abilities, then share with us a codex entry, a quest dialogue, ANYTHING real, that is ingame, that explains precisely what warframe abilities are and where do they come from. Otherwise, this is nothing more than your own imagination.

weit i never said that helminth was retconning the abilities i said that the abilit of it on swaping abilities retcon the 3 parts building sistem of the forge

11 hours ago, Padre_Akais said:

OK...

• You have a frame that can literally leap out of this dimension...
  • A frame that can channel the sun...
  • A frame that can raise the dead...
  • And frames that can turn themselves into a puddles of water and clouds...

And you are worried about what organs their powers come from?

Don't forget the Frame that can quite literally cause Temporal Effects, it can pretty much make something happen, that never happened in the first place, An Warframe that control antimatter, the very matter that can -LITERALLY-  destabilize the star's magnetic field to the point where it can no longer support itself and collapses into a system annihilating supernova, if used wrongly.

2 hours ago, (PS4)yokai1235 said:

so re is the retcon 

the regular warframes are now both the mass produced and the roginal one the primes are the opgraded version not me saing this came directed from Rebecca's mouth

the tenno being a child remoting controlling the warframe the lore before returning was you were wearing a sut them retconed to be a meta narrative of the player controling a proxy like the matrix then they changed to nearly  what is now but them retconed so the operator could walk around also giving you a new retconed lore on the events of the zariman 10 0 by saying that every thing that the tenno rembered on secon dream was a lie quoting teshin "a lie of omitition"

tranference was also retconed from a matrix/connection to a remoted controlled proxy to possession power to a type of psychic symbiosis 

but the rest still not changed for now 

I have no idea what you said, next to not even knowing how the lore works, but the broken English does not help, at all.

Technically, It doesnt retcon at all. The Warframe were *originally* this way. We have rebuilt frames so who is to say we cannot modify a bit? Just because bread has been the same for ages doesnt mean you cant slap some sauce and cheese on it.

I do understand your argument, But most frames are powered by the void and made from infestation. It should be easy to modify a frames purpose if you have some friendly infestation and an super-powered-adolecent-space-infant. (Never thought I'd say that)

Plus some abilities are being tweaked to work slightly different. From a lore standpoint, You could argue its a modification we made to make abilities work on an entirely different frame.

28 minutes ago, (PS4)yokai1235 said:

In other words, you assumed.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)yokai1235 said:

weit i never said that helminth was retconning the abilities i said that the abilit of it on swaping abilities retcon the 3 parts building sistem of the forge

That like asserting that a mechanic can't put the engine of one car into an entirely different car or swap the motor of one engine with the block of another.

In this case, you can subsume the mass produced models but not Primes...

The answer I don't think we have yet regards whether the abilities of Primes can be altered through this process as well.

It would be very interesting (and consistent) if Prime's abilities couldn't be altered through the Helminth process...I would wonder how they could receive cysts then though. 

Archived