Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deimos Conservation Made (Relatively) Easy

icybirdy44

3 minutes ago, NanoVega said:

"If you're poor and hungry just beat a man half to death in the middle of a densely populated area. They'll put  you in jail and you don't have to worry about warmth or food! Personal Choice! Super amazing!"

This game is made playable for 13 year olds, you know. Not everyone you speak to will strictly be of adult age, especially considering you play console warframe. Trying to tell people "You don't have to play this game you've liked for 10 years now, LOL!" is really kinda... Sad...

And unfortunately for you, some people demonstrate that at 13 they already understand the concept of personal agency and consequences. 

I'm sorry for you because you seem to be unable to grasp the concept, but I'm sure you will figure it out eventually. 

And if you want to try to find where I told anyone that they don't have to play the game, you're free to do so. (Again that is an exercise in using your agency.) 

11 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

And unfortunately for you, some people demonstrate that at 13 they already understand the concept of personal agency and consequences. 

I'm sorry for you because you seem to be unable to grasp the concept, but I'm sure you will figure it out eventually. 

And if you want to try to find where I told anyone that they don't have to play the game, you're free to do so. (Again that is an exercise in using your agency.) 

Right now the system is broken and that a few people can actually grind their brains out to get through , does not change the fact that it is BROKEN!

4 hours ago, Kconvey said:

I havent gotten a single capture yet.. like at all.

Use a sllep frame, either  Ivara or Equniox. You dont need the tranq gun. Once you sleep them just run up to them before they wake up and you get a perfect capture.

2 hours ago, Dr.Pepper23 said:

This alone is laughable. I'm not even going to bother with the rest. 

Good job cutting out the rest of the sentence. Your ability to pick and choose what you want to hear only cements how worthless your words are.

3EhV5fe.pngrLjCI4E.png

36 minutes ago, Monolake said:

So whats the way to make it easy? the issue is it hard to even find the animals. Wasting an hour on this tedium to get only few tokens is beyond frustrating.

Yeah I tried this and it still doesnt work.

16 hours ago, icybirdy44 said:

-Animals no longer die when killed. When an animal is killed it is made ready for collection and simply listed as a 'bad capture'. (Confirmed for both of the companion animals, currently untested for the ones that don't seek out combat)

I can verify Cryptilex can be killed (accidentally slammed a few moving around the map), so I'm guessing all non-companion animals can be killed. This seems intentional, as killing them triggers a message from Son (similar to Master Teasonai, albeit with way more sarcasm).

More generally, I had pretty decent results roaming around with Zephyr (which, admittedly, is what I play most of the time anyways). I whip out the Tranq Rifle and zoom in. If it's beeping, odds are there is something worth tranq'ing nearby (look for the orange-ish highlights). If it's not beeping, I melee (so I can cast abilities) and Tailwind to a nice perch somewhere else and repeat (also have time to look around with the Tranq Rifle while hurtling through the air). 

Just zooming around seems ok if you just want to pick up some Son tokens, but it's not as good if you need specific tags. In particular, I've only seen a handful of Avichaea (although their profiles seem more difficult to spot in comparison to many of the other animals) as compared to a fair number of everything else. 

Off-topic, and maybe not what you intended, but: I'm rather entertained by your choice of words, given the "people die if they are killed" meme.

8 hours ago, smashedwookie said:

managed to get a few capture done last night,i just find it harder on Deimos than on Earth. Animals being infested make so they blend in way too much with the world or other infested unit sometimes.

See, earth was harder for me because all the browns and tans melded together while here there are a lot more colours involved. Mainly because the feel is different enough on Deimos. So it probably is dependant to the individual on which is easier or harder. I also wish the sounds were a bit louder as that would help

After playing around a bit last night definately say finding animals in the wild is the strat. Sometimes rng will cuck you and nothing will spawn for a while. In that down time, I will do the track mini games. Otherwise, get in an archwing, and ADS with your track as you hover around. Circle the perimeter, your tranq gun will highlight animals from far away. I forget the actual distance, but it is far enough that you dont need to stay aiming, just scan around, then move onto the next patch. 

**Always quickly scope out infested you find that are walking around. The ones that have projectiles will try and shoot you, while all the ground based units should just be walking or standing and growling at you. If you see them running, there is a good chance they are fighting the infested cat and dog**

First alot of Deimos is cool. Thanks DE for always keeping it fresh. That aside, F conservation F son and F floofs too. Annoying broken spawns, broken gearwheel items (not able to use and for fishing too at times), wrong animals on map for echo lures altogether, and it sucks as much as it always has and is required for standing. Just great. GG DE. Same old crap in a new open map. Can son give me a reach around with that small hand while he fists me all day with the big one?

On 2020-08-26 at 10:54 AM, kwlingo said:

Use a sllep frame, either  Ivara or Equniox. You dont need the tranq gun. Once you sleep them just run up to them before they wake up and you get a perfect capture.

Yeah.. Thats not working

The birds spawn in mid air.

On 2020-08-26 at 6:08 PM, Ascarith said:

I can verify Cryptilex can be killed (accidentally slammed a few moving around the map), so I'm guessing all non-companion animals can be killed. This seems intentional, as killing them triggers a message from Son (similar to Master Teasonai, albeit with way more sarcasm).

More generally, I had pretty decent results roaming around with Zephyr (which, admittedly, is what I play most of the time anyways). I whip out the Tranq Rifle and zoom in. If it's beeping, odds are there is something worth tranq'ing nearby (look for the orange-ish highlights). If it's not beeping, I melee (so I can cast abilities) and Tailwind to a nice perch somewhere else and repeat (also have time to look around with the Tranq Rifle while hurtling through the air). 

Just zooming around seems ok if you just want to pick up some Son tokens, but it's not as good if you need specific tags. In particular, I've only seen a handful of Avichaea (although their profiles seem more difficult to spot in comparison to many of the other animals) as compared to a fair number of everything else. 

Off-topic, and maybe not what you intended, but: I'm rather entertained by your choice of words, given the "people die if they are killed" meme.

From what I have noticed so far, animals do not die if an enemy depletes their health bar. However the player can still kill them, even in their downed stated. Be careful will landing with a slide or using a bullet jump near them. I have managed to accidentally kill the infested dog and cat by landing onto them with a slide.

Edit*  Something else I want to add on. If you hear beeping, and you are having trouble finding where the creature is because orange glowing highlight on... an orange glowing background can be hard to see. Try looking at your minimap with some form of enemy radar on. Creatures will show up as standard enemy icons. However it can be useful to for you to look in that direction and scope it out

Archived