Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

RHINO is Good, but PLZ - QoL!!!

Scar.brother.help.me

I. Pure UI request (I beleive this can be done easily and is a very reasonable request).
Please, DE, just copy/paste this Visual indicator from Nezha. It is extremely hard to keep an eye on Rhino's Iron Skin as it is now and very distracting, especially when you have several buffs on you.
Rhezha.png

Edit: there is an old visual bug - when you gain invisibility - you almost always lose you Iron Skin visual effect when invisibility ends. Same happens sometimes after using operator dash and some moves.

II. Gameplay change (this is more of a "clean up" - should have been done long ago)

Iron Skin and Roar - just let us recast those without augments already (because these 2 augments are very expensive band aids - everybody knows that and nobody cares about those puncture proc aoe mechanics. Inb4 someone starts to defend these augments - I have nothing against them to stay in game, proc your punctures, fellow tenno).

edit: Iron Skin and Nezha's Warding Halo could have a 25-30m aggro on them for 3 seconds of invincibility - that would be logical gameplay-wise both to protect allies and make use of their damage-to-skin/halo-points mechanic. Somethin similar could be implemented to Chroma's Vex Armor as well in some way (not sure how but something to make it less annoying when in a team, there is no such problem solo).

III. Nullifiers (I don't even beleive this will ever change but who knows, maybe some day..)

This request is not just about Rhino, this is about every frame that depends on their buffs: defensive, invisibility, auras, etc. It is ok if we can't cast our skills inside the field, it is ok if our auras and buffs are "muted" while inside the field (as if invisibilities, buffs and auras are turned off but their icons stay, their timers contunue to expire, may be become visually gray while we are inside the bubble) - but as soon as we exit the field - they go back "online" and continue working. In exchange for this I wouldn't mind if every nullifier unit became a hard armored Bursa that hits like a tank.

Great idea! And yeah, will be wonderful whenever an old original like Rhino gets that simple Quality-of-Life improvement of recast. Is it really intended to say, "balance" low range builds by making it so you normally can't buff more than one fellow leaping-space-ninja at a time? Whatever logic was behind it, the gameplay just feels highly not-polished in practice for Roar, and potentially cheap-death-causing or less in line with Rhino's mechanics when you can't Iron Skin in the critical moments when you need to.

The unfortunate thing about threads like these is that... everyone agrees. QoL changes are always welcomed. Theres nothing to really argue here, so it doesnt get bumped up often.  

I definitely agree that we should be able to decast and then recast Iron Skin and Roar. We shouldnt need an augment for it.  

As for the Nullifers. I suppose thats fine too. As a chroma main i do understand the pain of losing all of your buffs. Although I do somewhat like that they are huge threat to many warframes that need to be focused down. So Im neutral on this topic.

On 2020-08-30 at 1:49 AM, Bakaguya-sama said:

As for the Nullifers. I suppose thats fine too. As a chroma main i do understand the pain of losing all of your buffs. Although I do somewhat like that they are huge threat to many warframes that need to be focused down.

This threat is just a pure annoyance, losing buffs and losing energy are just 2 cancers for the game. As I wrote before:

On 2020-08-28 at 2:27 PM, Scar.brother.help.me said:

In exchange for this I wouldn't mind if every nullifier unit became a hard armored Bursa that hits like a tank.

Whatever else dangerous that needs focus. Heavy armor, high damage, powerful status effects, damage gating, whatever needs attention and focus but not something as annoying as that. I'd also prefer if some dangerous units had some signalling mechanics, like if you see and ignore it - you pay for it. Aka "IMA FIRING MY LAZOR!!" - you see and hear some kind of alerting chagre mechanic and need to react in time.

Good example - grenades now - u see it's indicator and you have time to react. 
Bad example - bombard - a rocket in your face out of nowhere, or en eximus that drains your mana before you notice where he is in the crowd (or behind the wall).

I used to main Rhino - 32.4% of my play time, i spend with him, but the little things that are mentioned in this thread, made me lose interest. Also the fact that you can't recast iron skin and roar, kinda makes Rhino very weak in the end game. Would be awesome to return playing Rhino, but without the changes, i do not see myself doing it.

17 hours ago, GodModeFrame said:

I used to main Rhino - 32.4% of my play time, i spend with him, but the little things that are mentioned in this thread, made me lose interest. Also the fact that you can't recast iron skin and roar, kinda makes Rhino very weak in the end game. Would be awesome to return playing Rhino, but without the changes, i do not see myself doing it.

the thing about Roar - I need to recast it to buff a team mate who was too far away. I as a Rhino don't get any benefit out of it, I just want to be more useful in a team but not waste a mod slot for it.

On 2020-08-28 at 1:27 PM, Scar.brother.help.me said:

Iron Skin and Roar - just let us recast those without augments already

I want to extend this request to basically any ability that has a finite duration and no mechanic that would be unable to function otherwise (Energy Vampire, arguably, because the first tick happens upon cast so with lots of power strength or efficiency you could spam this for much larger energy gains and dps than letting it tick naturally).

Notably Iron Skin, Roar, Link, War Cry, Null Star, Grasp of Lohk, and The Lost/Accuse.

On 2020-09-01 at 11:19 AM, GodModeFrame said:

Rhino is actually very #*!%ing strong in the endgame, despite the minor nuisances. I can reach 200k+ Iron Skin constantly with almost no effort.

9 hours ago, (XB1)XG1anBl4derX said:

Rhino is actually very #*!%ing strong in the endgame, despite the minor nuisances. I can reach 200k+ Iron Skin constantly with almost no effort.

fine and dandy until u meet a nullifier
Rhino is good vs Infested and Grineer, but vs Corpus and Currupted - all your 200k skin means nothing when bubbles come in

On 2020-09-02 at 11:31 AM, Mephane said:

I want to extend this request to basically any ability that has a finite duration and no mechanic that would be unable to function otherwise (Energy Vampire, arguably, because the first tick happens upon cast so with lots of power strength or efficiency you could spam this for much larger energy gains and dps than letting it tick naturally).

Notably Iron Skin, Roar, Link, War Cry, Null Star, Grasp of Lohk, and The Lost/Accuse.

Yes, unless it benefits on the initial cast - i see no other reason in recast restrictions. Again, there is no problem to keep a buff on yourself, but this recast restriction makes you less useful for the team.
I would even extend it to be an aura around any warframe who has a team buff that gives this buff for the rest of the duration whenever u enter the range. Example: Rhino casts Roar, team is too far away - timer goes, Roar has 15s left on Rhino, a team mate comes in range and receives 15s of Roar. This is no way an OP, this is just Quality of Life.

I think the recasting isn't a bad idea, but keep in mind they probably want you to actually think tactically and keep an eye on it to strategically put yourself in a place to recast it. If you know it's getting low then set yourself up so you don't get killed when it drops, or to get ready to recast when enemies are shooting at you to then feed into the next iron skin. 

Who knows how long a fix would take to get approved and implemented though, I'd probably just build around getting the large ironskin buff that lasts forever so you don't have to keep refreshing a 5k ironskin.

On 2020-09-03 at 5:57 AM, Scar.brother.help.me said:

fine and dandy until u meet a nullifier
Rhino is good vs Infested and Grineer, but vs Corpus and Currupted - all your 200k skin means nothing when bubbles come in

They are avoidable, but yeah....for less experienced players this can be an annoyance. Rhino is the defacto frame for newer players.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

I think the recasting isn't a bad idea, but keep in mind they probably want you to actually think tactically and keep an eye on it to strategically put yourself in a place to recast it. If you know it's getting low then set yourself up so you don't get killed when it drops, or to get ready to recast when enemies are shooting at you to then feed into the next iron skin. 

Who knows how long a fix would take to get approved and implemented though, I'd probably just build around getting the large ironskin buff that lasts forever so you don't have to keep refreshing a 5k ironskin.

Tactics? Strategy? Warframe? Are we talking about the same game here?

😁 Kidding, kidding...

But seriously, if you move slowly and try to use tactics and stuff against the brainless enemies, you're just gonna get shot more and constantly have to recast your iron skin (and find a safe spot to do it). But isn't warframe about moving fast and hitting hard before your enemies have time to react, you know, like a space-robot-super-ninja? There is a lot of frames who are all about speed and stealth, but rhino? Tank that turns useless when the blue bubbles come into melee range.

On 2020-09-04 at 1:37 PM, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

I actually found a way to play without Iron Shrapnel and Ironclad Charge. But it works best with Sentinels, a bit worse with cats/dogs/moas. Rhino uses Health conversion better than anyone in this game, Sentinels help you get 3 stacks pretty quickly with 2 synth mods, which gives you +1350 def that you can keep till the end of the mission and get over 10k skin with 199 str.  Sentinels also have Guardian mod that refills your shields with 30 sec cooldown. So every time you lose your skin you have x2 shield gatings, 1.3s each, so there are 2.6s to recast Iron Skin and not even lose a single Health Conversion stack. Nullifiers also don't strip you of those stacks and you have shield gating time to run out of the bubble and recast your 10k skin. This is the way I try to play now and experiment with Helminth abilities. (I still suffer the issue of keeping an eye on my skin hp here so I use bright skin colour to have a contrast when it goes off, but there are issues with invisibility and some operator moves - u visually lose your Iron Skin while it is still on u)

You can still die to a long knockdown or a heavy poison aura that bypasses your shields and kills you fast.. but it happens pretty rare.

But I still have no idea why roar is not refreshable..

21 minutes ago, Scar.brother.help.me said:

I actually found a way to play without Iron Shrapnel and Ironclad Charge. But it works best with Sentinels, a bit worse with cats/dogs/moas. Rhino uses Health conversion better than anyone in this game, Sentinels help you get 3 stacks pretty quickly with 2 synth mods, which gives you +1350 def that you can keep till the end of the mission and get over 10k skin with 199 str.  Sentinels also have Guardian mod that refills your shields with 30 sec cooldown. So every time you lose your skin you have x2 shield gatings, 1.3s each, so there are 2.6s to recast Iron Skin and not even lose a single Health Conversion stack. Nullifiers also don't strip you of those stacks and you have shield gating time to run out of the bubble and recast your 10k skin. This is the way I try to play now and experiment with Helminth abilities.

You can still die to a long knockdown or a heavy poison aura that bypasses your shields and kills you fast.. but it happens pretty rare.

But I still have no idea why roar is not refreshable..

Yea exactly see you know what you're doin lol.

The problem with rhinos augments is they both do the exact same thing so you just use which ever is better.  While they are both fine with the way modding works these kinds of things operate on highlander rules. There can only be one. Id honestly love to see the stomp one become innate because stomp is getting erased by Helminth right now. The problem with the roar augment is that puncture just sucks. If say puncture did what viral does the augment would be great but right now all it would do is lower some frustration in playing rhino with being unable to hit all allies. When I typically use rhino I find my self jumping off cliffs, activating and deactivating archwing to reset it instead to save the mod space.  It could be fixed by changing puncture or by giving it a range bonus because if its only going to be convenience it may as well make roar into an easy hit to all allies. 

Archived