Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add low-tech ranged weapons to Cetus

Exos.

So the tower stops advanced weaponry and the people of cetus aren't that advanced. As such they rely alot on old fashioned weapons like the zaws we can buy. However, with the addition of rifles to the fortuna arsenals, i was thinking what if cetus themed low tech weapons were added to their arsenel? Such as bows and throwing knives. It would make alot of sense in terms of lore, and honestly, who doesn't like more options to fully custom weapons?

Any way, thats my two cents. What yall think?

hace 13 minutos, Exos. dijo:

So the tower stops advanced weaponry and the people of cetus aren't that advanced. As such they rely alot on old fashioned weapons like the zaws we can buy. However, with the addition of rifles to the fortuna arsenals, i was thinking what if cetus themed low tech weapons were added to their arsenel? Such as bows and throwing knives. It would make alot of sense in terms of lore, and honestly, who doesn't like more options to fully custom weapons?

Any way, thats my two cents. What yall think?

well maybe some weapons like "amps" but primary or secondary not only "low tech". 

I had just been thinking of having weapons crudely made like kitguns, but from materials like like wood and raw metal. I suppose Cetus could see to that. Speaking of which...Why don't they at least have bows? I can understand them not wanting to use guns but where are all the bows in Cetus?

as long as such Weapons stand out distinctly from all of the others that already exist, and so feel different to use, fill different roles, Et Cetera.
the game has wayyyyy too many pointless Weapons as it is. things that really should just be Skins instead. i don't want to see more Weapons that land with a thud, i want to see Players being excited and enticed by new Weapons. not because they deal more DPS than other Weapons, but because they're something wild and new.

6 minutes ago, taiiat said:

as long as such Weapons stand out distinctly from all of the others that already exist, and so feel different to use, fill different roles, Et Cetera.
the game has wayyyyy too many pointless Weapons as it is. things that really should just be Skins instead. i don't want to see more Weapons that land with a thud, i want to see Players being excited and enticed by new Weapons. not because they deal more DPS than other Weapons, but because they're something wild and new.

I've seen people bringing up the idea of weapon subsuming for using them as cosmetic options and I hope that gets looked into.

I could see Cetus weapons having crossbow kitgun parts or maybe even being the place to go to combine Kitgun and Zaw parts into a Gunblade. 

Maybe even a bolt action Kitgun sniper rifle? Shots, big spears like an oversized nail-gun that turns several targets into shish kebabs! Early lunch for Konzu!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-09-29 at 1:12 PM, Raso719 said:

I could see Cetus weapons having crossbow kitgun parts or maybe even being the place to go to combine Kitgun and Zaw parts into a Gunblade. 

Maybe even a bolt action Kitgun sniper rifle? Shots, big spears like an oversized nail-gun that turns several targets into shish kebabs! Early lunch for Konzu!

Thats a pretty cool idea. Combining old unwanted zaws and a kit gun to make a gun blade. Don't know how well it would be implemented tho. BUt still, it would be cool. Especialy a bolt action rifle. That would be low tech enough for cetus.

On 2020-09-19 at 5:47 PM, Zahnny said:

I had just been thinking of having weapons crudely made like kitguns, but from materials like like wood and raw metal. I suppose Cetus could see to that. Speaking of which...Why don't they at least have bows? I can understand them not wanting to use guns but where are all the bows in Cetus?

Yeah. thats basically what made me think to start this post.

Yeah. Seems like that would all work. You can even think up a parts system.

A kit bow/cross-bow may work by having parts be the string, grip/yew/body, and arrow head.

Throwing knife could work with blade, grip, and counter weight.

A simple kitgun (bolt action, breach load, muzzle load) could have its parts be more like barrel (define shotty or rifle + multi barrel or single), body(defines loading type like bolty, breach, or muzzle load), and lastly magazine/ramrod(in case of muzzle loader) (this defines ammo cap [should be small amount for any rifles with a mag] and reload speed and other stats).

Archived