Jump to content
Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Legacy mods?


(XBOX)Firereaper18450

Recommended Posts

Has anyone heard of "Legacy Mods" or "300% mods" they were apparently around for the first 3 days of Xbox and DE locked them away because they weren't supposed to be available to the players. But people got ahold of them And rather than deleting the mods DE apparently let the players keep them but not trade them away. If u have any other knowledge of this please let me know. Have been playing for 3 years and am MR25 but just heard of these mods tonight. Is this a real thing or is this a myth? For example one of these mods might say plus 300% armor penetration. That's how old these are. They predate the IPS system. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

vor 16 Minuten schrieb KIREEK:

The only things i remember was at some point players having rank 10 versions of mods that were only supposed to go to rank 5, like electric damage mod for rifles, but i don't know if DE ran scripts to remove said mods

They did lower the Mods and gave away Legendary Fusion Cores to compensate.

latest?cb=20140220035230

A case happened around V12

Zitat
  • After a lot of observation and discussion, we realized we have to change the Steel Charge Aura back to a maximum of 5 ranks. The additional mod capacity set a new precedent and was just too much. At 10 ranks, Steel Charge allowed for some fun new builds, but it also meant that the additional slots would always have to be considered when balancing other mods and Auras.

The damage bonus from Steel Charge is not a problem and is very much intended, so the damage bonus at 5 ranks will be changed so that it as similar to the bonus at 10 ranks.
As compensation to all of you who worked hard to rank up a Steel Charge, anyone who has a Steel Charge above rank 5 will receive two Legendary Cores, the first of their kind. These Legendary Cores instantly max any mod with 0 credit cost.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, NoSpax said:

 

No, i don't mean that change where they had to compensate players, i trully mean rank 10 strombringer alongside with other rank 10 mods that inexplicably appeared in some players inventories, they also had increased stats. It was never clear if they were hacked into the game or it was the result of a bug.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sometimes DE accidentally leaks mods through transmutation, and instead of removing them like they did to Affinity Amp, they usually make them untradeable and let players keep them. Cannonade is a good example as well as MOAB, Fuze, and a bunch of Aura Mods. It's quite annoying that these aren't scripted out or just released for players to get a hold of. I'm not aware of the mods you are referring to in the OP, but there are placeholder mods that some players were lucky enough to pick up before they were made untradeable and unobtainable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Sometimes DE accidentally leaks mods through transmutation, and instead of removing them like they did to Affinity Amp, they usually make them untradeable and let players keep them. Cannonade is a good example as well as MOAB, Fuze, and a bunch of Aura Mods. It's quite annoying that these aren't scripted out or just released for players to get a hold of. I'm not aware of the mods you are referring to in the OP, but there are placeholder mods that some players were lucky enough to pick up before they were made untradeable and unobtainable.

Is there a page or etc that lists all unreleased mods like that? Even if I never get my hands on them, I'd be interested to view it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Zahnny said:

Is there a page or etc that lists all unreleased mods like that? Even if I never get my hands on them, I'd be interested to view it.

You would need to manually figure them out as the wiki and Reddit only have a few. I am not sure if there is a whole list.

If there is, it can't be posted here because it would break Forums Guidelines.

643156109447790626.png?v=1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Voltage said:

You would need to manually figure them out as the wiki and Reddit only have a few. I am not sure if there is a whole list.

If there is, it can't be posted here because it would break Forums Guidelines.

643156109447790626.png?v=1

Oh... right, I guess because some of it might fall under the umbrella of technically "unreleased content" so you're like, leaking stuff or something. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is true, I seen it personally someone who had the legacy mod but the only problem is you cannot use these at all no more and if you had use them your mod will not work.  They had disable the effect the mod so no one can keep on boasting how great their 600% power strength.  It was actually never was brought up in daylight I will never see it again and I never got chance take a photo of it and no I do not own the mod, for I only got chance glimps of it during that time.  It will never going happen again.  It would be nice if the legacy mods become a riven mod so that way it would be called whole entire sets "Legacy Mod Frame" having fun re-rolling and farming for the fact.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...