Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Xaku Build/Guide Using Empower Instead of Xata's Whisper

withinmyself

On 2020-09-26 at 11:22 AM, withinmyself said:

I play all the frames.  See this is why I stopped posting on here.  I just wanted to share and get some opinions.  I wasn't trying to argue with anyone or say that your frame sucks.  I even asked for a discussion and constructive criticism.

sigh...ok

• What exilus would you use?
  •  Continuity to make up for transient to make up for overextended which has been pointed out thats a bad way to go about doing things.
  • 75% Dodge Chance does pretty damn good
  • meh on brief respite - I just don't want to build for shields 
  • Defense Reduction at 100% isn't the only thing that uses ability strength but I take your point on that.
  • I want over 100% duration

These are very fair responses to your post.  If you want to converse about this I'm all about it but if you come back with more insults then I'm done.

Thanks for the feedback

See it’s cool to get opinions but you gonna a 100 of them. And you just might end up doing what your brain already planned to do. Builds are an Art form not 1 Art is the same. You auctioning off Empower,  people don’t see the value but somebody will raise that hand And sold!.

but lately everybody been jazzing up builds with followings and Some people giving “props” but take and show their following and rake up views.

so just do what you want to do 

if it works for you then that’s Awesome 

Il y a 3 heures, (PS4)TrollyThyTrinity a dit :

Yes but posting a build on a forum is subversive, it is why I post mine very rarely. However even if something works, it doesn't mean it is good or that it makes sense. If you put a build online, you have to accept that some people would try to show you how stupid your build choices are, and sometimes they are wrong or trolls and you need to accept that. Stop SSJW everything, we are all humans and our interactions have their S#&$ty sides.

On 2020-09-26 at 11:22 AM, withinmyself said:

• meh on brief respite - I just don't want to build for shields 

Don’t tell DE what I about to tell you.

with decaying dragon key equipped, xaku has 67 or 64 shields.

the idea of brief respite isn’t to build shields for which to shield tank with, it is to restore the shield gate itself.

meaning if your shields are depleted during vast Untimed and vulnerable to taking health damage, just casting a 50 energy ability restores the gate.

its just an additional layer of protection over dodge chance and a health buffer, and just happens to combo amazingly well with 75% dodge chance

6 hours ago, (PS4)TrollyThyTrinity said:

For the past couple years frames been piggy backing off of each other. 
this is not new.

keyword is Tweak it’s not getting a em rework of a lot of frames won’t.

if you thinking anything is getting a rework continue to feel like this 

Yes I know abilities get recycled with new frames, Reave and Hydroid's S#&$ty-splash attack, all the generic self-buffs are essentially the same mechanics with stats and parameters switched around, etc.

But DE has the ability to choose which ability they rip-off. And of all the abilities they could have chosen, they chose "make gun shoot haahder" with nary a visual flair. They have 160+ warframe powers to re-use and they chose one that shouldn't have existed in the first place. One with zero strategy, skill, or decision making. Do you want your gun to do more damage? Yes? Okay use it.

7 hours ago, Marine027 said:

Because they can, so much for a Warframes identity, it is odd anyway how you can only use a specific power consumed yet can replace anything else. Shouldn't you be able to only replace what you can take?

This system is just crap stil and ruins future reworks if we even getting any now at all, since if something is crap now you can just repalce it, right?

I still refuse to play since Deimos honestly, not touched the Quest since its release, this whole Update turned me off considering them repeating the same mistakes over and over on top with there "open world" attempt. Goddamnit it is no open world, i wish DE and others would stop using this term, it is a big empty map, open worl would mean NPC and eventual players living there.

But people get blinded by this fancy new "system" which will be abandoned like focus back then, wanna bet? This is not variety, this is enforcing builds due meta, another slapped on system and mode like Railjack, Lichs, Focus, the list goes on.

To be faaaiiiirrr....Xaku doesn't have any identity. Unless you want to go meta and claim her lack of an defining kit is her identity.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb (PS4)GingyGreen:

To be faaaiiiirrr....Xaku doesn't have any identity. Unless you want to go meta and claim her lack of an defining kit is her identity.

Sadly, they abandoned concepts very quick simply, not even finishing lore on some frames, just concepts that seem "cool" but not fit in the world or why they are made, since open world, Worldbuilding gone downhill, i not count Deimos as Worldbuilding here, since we never get answers only more questions with more stuff added without explanation often or only halfbaked answers that not satisfy. We still wait for a conclsuion for things like the Sentients after all and Natah, so much for the Old War Update, hell, we not even know what happened to the Stalker now, like he got forgotten. Which i would not be suprised like with there alignment system they admited they forgotten.

Believe, i try to like this game still but a lot of Updates made it hard for me while Deimos i for once even completly ignore now. Same for Xaku and Helmith. This half baked "Open World" needs to stop in games, seriously, we not even have servers, it is just one big map instance for 4 players, no big hub or NPC and Enemies doing ther business, just another shiny Updated to keep people happy and hype them for more sadly.

It saddens me how people fall for this simply, don't get me wrong i love DE for how experimental they are, but they can't stay focused on something long and that breaks the games back slowly. It won't die, no game truely dies aslong it generates somewhat money, but it will dorp in a horrible state i fear like some cheap asia grinder or so.

My point here is, Warframe used to be about variety, the different frames and how you do things, the game itself lost its identity wanting to be to many things at once and this reflects in the latest Warframes itself, no role, no identity, no purpose. And it becomes way to much, i rather had less Frames in the time we goten then honestly. We goten way to many in to short time that overflow the Arsenal, it is like adding a new class each month in an MMO, it simply not works so.

DE written themself in a corner story wise and also in a gameplay and programming aspect simply. Repeating the same mistakes over the years and seemingly never learn. Even make it look like it is getting worse and worse in my eyes.

On 2020-09-27 at 3:27 PM, Hokibukisa said:

Are ya’ll trolling? You’re replacing the lost?

That’s like replacing Nekros desecrate. 10/10 if troll

100% true, no trolling. The skill is horrible and just a massive theme gimmick. I rather have an Ember as part of my broken frame instead of a skill that is supposed to represent all 3 yet only one of the toggles is useful while being horribly clunky.

On 2020-09-26 at 8:53 AM, Galuf said:

So for exilus, imho you can't really put a buff mod(like this one of the range one). I often keep 16 points in my build to fit primed surefooted but at the end of the day, either you put mobilize(5 points), or save 12 points(because of the good parkour mods) or 16 to fit anything. Parkour speed is the goto in most situations.

Personally I use Power Drift on most frames.  I think I have Primed Surefooted... at rank 0.  I'm not really interested in crippling my builds for a bandaid mod DE added instead of addressing their overwhelming tendency to add knockdown / back / up to every single enemy type.  I never use speed mods - the default increase from Wisp and Nehza is already enough to make me borderline sick, and in the rare case I am in a PUG team a Volt spamming Speed is basically an instant mission abort.  If you want to depend on parkour then that's fine... for you.  Not every wants to (or even can) play that way, so it's nice to be aware that other options exist.

On 2020-09-27 at 3:22 PM, Hokibukisa said:

Don’t tell DE what I about to tell you.

with decaying dragon key equipped, xaku has 67 or 64 shields.

the idea of brief respite isn’t to build shields for which to shield tank with, it is to restore the shield gate itself.

meaning if your shields are depleted during vast Untimed and vulnerable to taking health damage, just casting a 50 energy ability restores the gate.

its just an additional layer of protection over dodge chance and a health buffer, and just happens to combo amazingly well with 75% dodge chance

Cool!  I'll have to throw an Aura Forma in Xaku which isn't a big deal but this sounds interesting.  Someone else mentioned using Decaying Dragon Key but didn't really explain it.  Thanks!

13 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

The skill is horrible and just a massive theme gimmick. I rather have an Ember as part of my broken frame instead of a skill that is supposed to represent all 3 yet only one of the toggles is useful while being horribly clunky.

I've kept an open mind for a lot of suggestions and criticisms on my build as well as criticisms on Xaku itself but The Lost is far being a gimmick.  I don't use Deny (although I do keep trying)  But Accuse and Gaze are really great abilities. 

Gaze strips 100% armor/shields that can be put in two different locations which would be powerful enough to be just one ability on its own. 

And Accuse allows you so many more possibilities if you have to play end-game missions solo.  Take for example a Steel Path Mobile Defense mission.  A hoard of enemies is coming right at you and you can turn them using Accuse to protect you right away.  Then use Vast Untime to freeze the duration timer and start tearing things up with Grasp of Lohk which doesn't target the Thralls you make using Accuse.   

Plus you can switch to Gaze and target one of your Thralls while Grasp of Lohk is running which makes placement a lot easier because you're not killing the target right away that you're trying to lock down with Gaze.

Sure there are plenty of frames that can cheese a Steel Path Mobile Defense mission.  But I think its pretty fun to do it this way.   And that's just one possibility.  The Lost is a very usable cycle ability.   I really don't get why you would think otherwise.  

On 2020-09-27 at 10:42 AM, (PS4)TrollyThyTrinity said:

See it’s cool to get opinions but you gonna a 100 of them. And you just might end up doing what your brain already planned to do. Builds are an Art form not 1 Art is the same. You auctioning off Empower,  people don’t see the value but somebody will raise that hand And sold!.

but lately everybody been jazzing up builds with followings and Some people giving “props” but take and show their following and rake up views.

so just do what you want to do 

Thanks for saying that.  I couldn't agree more.  I never watch build videos or follow Meta trends.  I try to build for myself and my play style.  I enjoy having conversations about builds but in my mind there is never ' one build to rule them all '

If I post a build, it's because I'm excited about the frame and the amount of time I put into figuring that frame out.  I don't post a build expecting that to be the best of the best.  I just get excited and want to share and talk about it.  

13 hours ago, EmberStar said:

I think I have Primed Surefooted... at rank 0.  I'm not really interested in crippling my builds for a bandaid mod DE added instead of addressing their overwhelming tendency to add knockdown / back / up to every single enemy type.

I use Negate with my Wyrm Prime which also negates knockdowns and knockbacks.  It works wonderfully for me so I've never really considered using Primed Sure Footed.  I know a lot of people like it though.  But 16 (or 8 if you polarize, which I don't want to do that either) Mod Capacity for my Exilus slot always seemed insane to me. 

U can put aura that up 25 % strength  so u only need 130% strength + empower. 

But yeah xaku 3 is for stationary mission. replace 3 if mission need pace. For strip armor better put ash Abilities. 

Xaku stripping armor ability imho is just worse version of vauban. 

21 minutes ago, superiouz said:

U can put aura that up 25 % strength  so u only need 130% strength + empower. 

But yeah xaku 3 is for stationary mission. replace 3 if mission need pace. For strip armor better put ash Abilities. 

Xaku stripping armor ability imho is just worse version of vauban. 

I replied to someone else who mentioned replacing The Lost as well if you're interested in my opinion about that.  It's only a couple posts back.  And I've been tinkering with my power a bit.  Although, like I originally thought, having extra power on everything else is actually pretty great.  I'm not only going for 100% Defense Reduction. 

It makes the initial Void Damage explosion from The Vast Untime an actual viable CC.  It gives you far more Thralls when using The Lost/Accuse and it ramps up your damage a bit when using Grasp of Lohk.  I did many comparisons in my Simulacrum. 

Also you can easily move The Lost/Gaze.  You don't have to wait for the timer to run out.  You can use it again on the enemy who is locked down and it'll be removed so you can use it somewhere else.  Plus you can lock down 2 enemies in 2 separate places. 

It is a lot of work if you're using every single ability but I enjoy playing that way.  I like managing abilities so they synergize with each other even if it's not so obvious or easily done.  But that's how I enjoy playing.  I never stop moving.  Never stop trying new S#&$.  I even keep trying to use The Lost/Deny but haven't found a suitable reason to use it yet.  

id recommend try out resonator, since xaku plays relatively stationary it will keep you alive with range(no need for conductor augment, the ai tries to search out uncharmed enemies, so keeping it in place would only be for defense protection 100% or lowering effective range)
then you can try blind rage + umbral intensify + growing power for 200% strip, use zenurik and flow for energy, as his durations are long, primed cont for  155% duration + vast untime freezes

over extended + cunning drift for a good amount of range, then rest can be option

so blind rage, umbral intensify, primed cont, flow, over extended, you have 3 normal slots, exilus cunning drift and aura growing power

17 minutes ago, ZetekP said:

id recommend try out resonator, since xaku plays relatively stationary it will keep you alive with range(no need for conductor augment, the ai tries to search out uncharmed enemies, so keeping it in place would only be for defense protection 100% or lowering effective range)
then you can try blind rage + umbral intensify + growing power for 200% strip, use zenurik and flow for energy, as his durations are long, primed cont for  155% duration + vast untime freezes

over extended + cunning drift for a good amount of range, then rest can be option

so blind rage, umbral intensify, primed cont, flow, over extended, you have 3 normal slots, exilus cunning drift and aura growing power

I've had a few players recommend trying out Resonator so I am.  I've tried a few other abilities on Xaku.  Larva was pretty fun.  But it was just that.  Fun. 

I hate using Blind Rage personally.  I just can't stand tanking my Efficiency.  But that's just me.  Even though with a Primed Flow/Zenurik, I'd have plenty of time to replenish.  I still feel like I'll run into a situation where I'm spamming the hell out of a couple abilities and there is nothing I hate worse than waiting for my energy to recharge.  And if I have terrible Efficiency that will take even longer.  Just a personal thing I have with every frame in the game.   

And I still need to put an Aura Forma in Xaku in order to use Growing Power.  But that's definitely in the works.  

Sounds like a good build though.  Looking forward to checking out Resonator.  I'll probably do that today. 

9 hours ago, withinmyself said:

I've kept an open mind for a lot of suggestions and criticisms on my build as well as criticisms on Xaku itself but The Lost is far being a gimmick.  I don't use Deny (although I do keep trying)  But Accuse and Gaze are really great abilities. 

Gaze strips 100% armor/shields that can be put in two different locations which would be powerful enough to be just one ability on its own. 

And Accuse allows you so many more possibilities if you have to play end-game missions solo.  Take for example a Steel Path Mobile Defense mission.  A hoard of enemies is coming right at you and you can turn them using Accuse to protect you right away.  Then use Vast Untime to freeze the duration timer and start tearing things up with Grasp of Lohk which doesn't target the Thralls you make using Accuse.   

Plus you can switch to Gaze and target one of your Thralls while Grasp of Lohk is running which makes placement a lot easier because you're not killing the target right away that you're trying to lock down with Gaze.

Sure there are plenty of frames that can cheese a Steel Path Mobile Defense mission.  But I think its pretty fun to do it this way.   And that's just one possibility.  The Lost is a very usable cycle ability.   I really don't get why you would think otherwise.  

The part I feel is gimmick is that they made it a toggle just to really flash "look! it's 3 frames!" instead of having one powerful ability that ties all 3 frames into one single use. They could have made it a DD+CC versus the target in the reticle, which also provides armor strip to everything in the area around it aswell as enthralling X targets. Toggle skills qiuickly end up at the bottom of my list.

ehh i get the idea but practically turning your first power into a mod slot is ehh for me in this case. I did it on rhino but here I'd like the option to add on some void damage since nothing else can and it's been areally good buff so far since i have a high status weapon i just bullet attractor them immediately and tear them apart.

14 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

The part I feel is gimmick is that they made it a toggle just to really flash "look! it's 3 frames!" instead of having one powerful ability that ties all 3 frames into one single use. They could have made it a DD+CC versus the target in the reticle, which also provides armor strip to everything in the area around it aswell as enthralling X targets. Toggle skills qiuickly end up at the bottom of my list.

Personally, I don't like toggle abilities either (except for Ivara).  That doesn't mean I'll automatically ignore something new just because they've been poorly implemented in the past.  And I think your idea to combine them would make that ability way too convenient.  I enjoy having to juggle many different things at once.  I do understand where you're coming from.  I just wouldn't prefer it.  

And I still don't get the "look! it's 3 frames!" flashy gimmicky thing.  I just don't see that.  I think its Just different opinions and views coming from different Warframe players. 

My top 5 current favorite frames are Mag (My Main), Mirage, Xaku, Khora & Ivara      My least used/favorite frames are Rhino, Valkyr, Nyx, Nezha & Titania    (Prime where applicable)

I'm guessing our besties and leasties aren't very similar.   Plus I use a controller on PC     GASP!!   LOL   I know right??    

I suppose we'll just agree to disagree on this one.  Unless someone else wants to continue this battle?  

13 hours ago, (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam said:

ehh i get the idea but practically turning your first power into a mod slot is ehh for me in this case. I did it on rhino but here I'd like the option to add on some void damage since nothing else can and it's been areally good buff so far since i have a high status weapon i just bullet attractor them immediately and tear them apart.

I really don't see the need to build for weapons that use Void Damage when you can just rip weapons out of enemies hands and have 15 floating weapons that deal Void Damage.  Grasp of Lohk scales infinitely so any Weapon infused with Xata's Whisper would drop off before Grasp of Lohk missed a beat.  

I don't disagree that it's a great ability with high status weapons that works really well but at best it's a companion piece alongside Grasp of Lohk.

I wasn't too hip on the idea of using an ability that only provides Ability Strength.  I tried a few other things on it before settling with Empower.  I'm still tinkering though.  I need to throw an Aura Forma in it so I can use Growing Power.  I really love playing Xaku with that build though.  I've been doing solo Steel Path missions, ESO, Arbitrations, Endurance runs on Mot      It's such a great frame.  

2 minutes ago, withinmyself said:

Personally, I don't like toggle abilities either (except for Ivara).  That doesn't mean I'll automatically ignore something new just because they've been poorly implemented in the past.  And I think your idea to combine them would make that ability way too convenient.  I enjoy having to juggle many different things at once.  I do understand where you're coming from.  I just wouldn't prefer it.  

And I still don't get the "look! it's 3 frames!" flashy gimmicky thing.  I just don't see that.  I think its Just different opinions and views coming from different Warframe players. 

My top 5 current favorite frames are Mag (My Main), Mirage, Xaku, Khora & Ivara      My least used/favorite frames are Rhino, Valkyr, Nyx, Nezha & Titania    (Prime where applicable)

I'm guessing our besties and leasties aren't very similar.   Plus I use a controller on PC     GASP!!   LOL   I know right??    

I suppose we'll just agree to disagree on this one.  Unless someone else wants to continue this battle?  

I love Xaku myself, it is just the #3 skill I cant stand. I rather take a flat 75% armor reduction that requires no target and comes with a innate CC and some damage to everything around me over having to toggle and risk misstoggling at times aswell. While having all 3 skills baked into a single cast would be conveniant it would atleast make all 3 parts of the frame used at all times. I dont think anyone uses the DD versus anything but single heavy mobs like bosses and I dont think many have time to set up both enthrallment and armor debuff versus most grouped units. It is kinda like Grendel, added toggle for some reason on a skill that isnt really strong to begin with.

Each of the 3 effects are really really weak for a #3 skill on their own and they take way too much time to pull off effectively in most situations. I can accept some toggles, Vauban being one of those aswell as Ivara since you dont need to use all of them for an effective result. Ivara is very situational and you can prepare their use easily depending on the missions, on Vauban you have one really strong skill among the toggles and then some utility you can use optionally. For Xaku it feels like you atleast need to actively use atleast 2 of the 3 to be effective at killing and stay alive, both parts being solved far more easily with a subsume at the moment which requires only a single use and adds some damage ontop and maxes out at around 88% armor reduction (depending on if the heat has time to reach its peak or not).

But hey, in the end it comes down to taste, so I cant say that you are wrong regarding what your opinion is. Just as I love pickled herring IRL while others look at me like I'm an alien when I shove my face full with it together with some eggs, fresh taters and beer in the summer. It is also one of those reasons why I dont really want Xaku's #3 to be changed since I know some people love it and there are subsume options for those of us that dont.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1B6TIl_2YtRjRKMwzP5Tdpmjy7al73orV/view?usp=sharing

here is 4.30 hours survival steelpath in sedna

i replace xaku 1 with Helminth's Resonator work very well for steelpath survival ... tactic just to deploy resonator for distraction then active xaku ulti for keep xaku ability duration and active xaku's gaze on location u will need to kill enemy  ( i use 2 gaze location for enough area for strip u can use only one if u focus to camp... i just runaround so i use 2 ea) then grasp lohk for make void turret ...

my xaku doing so well.... not down even once... my sentinel not even take damage much as long as u keep all ability work and active all time

i not even use weapon at all( except melee when i bore or smash glass nora unit) ... xaku grasp lohk turret deal decent damage once enemy get strip... even 1 shot lvl5000+ eximus leech enemy pretty quick at current stage u can even kill lvl9999 enemy with it as it have good scaling damage and with shield gate and distraction from resonator it turn to easy game for you if u can stay active.

and good thing i get only 45essence from this runs ... as no booster and i use prisma shade instead for more survival.

can't wait for rounds 2 buff ;)

Archived