Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gauss vs Volt...Who’s the fastest?

(XBOX)YoungGunn82

11 hours ago, Loza03 said:

I think there was a comic once where Flash got somewhere faster than a teleporter.

I can't remember what it was though...

That's legit impossible. Running is moving through space and time. Teleporting is moving beyond space and time, meaning literally zero time passes between point a and point b. But I wouldn't count Marvel out of their weirdness. I've never liked how ridiculous many of their heroes are.

1 minute ago, (NSW)FlameDivinity said:

That's legit impossible. Running is moving through space and time. Teleporting is moving beyond space and time, meaning literally zero time passes between point a and point b. But I wouldn't count Marvel out of their weirdness. I've never liked how ridiculous many of their heroes are.

Flash is DC.

And yes, it's dumb.

10 hours ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

If the rules are it’s movement over time, then frames that can teleport are the fastest technically. Nova, Loki, Ash, Wisp can instantly teleport from one spot to another spot. Titania is much much slower if we include powers that is. 

The issue is with Ash, Wisp, and Loki, they have a downtime animation that keeps them stationary long enough to be passed. 

9 hours ago, Aadi880 said:

In that sense though, Loki, Ash and Wisp (Or teleportation in general) would already have to be at the finishing line and have their anchor there to teleport to. If we are doing that, then we might as well include Necramechs onto the list.

Depends if the finish line is within line of sight, because their cooldown animations gives more than enough time to be passed.

Just now, (XB1)C11H22O11 said:

It's not from running fast it's more changing his vibrations. If it was from speed he would time travel all the time basically

Ok but like

isn't 'I time travelled, so I covered the distance in negative time and arrived before I left' a much less contrived way than 'I was running for a discrete unit of time that is nevertheless a unit of forward time but somehow arrived before an entity which can travel in 0 units of time, also I did so by running. Through space'.

I only remember some parts so forgive me if I forgot if/how they explained that.

15 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

... Wait, doesn't Flash have the ability to Time Travel from sheer speed alone? Or is that a different continuity from this one?

That would make sense. Teleportation moves within space outside of time, and time travel moves forward through time regardless of space.

However, going fast enough to teleport implies you are accelerating first, so that won't work -- but time travel would.

16 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

isn't 'I time travelled, so I covered the distance in negative time and arrived before I left' a much less contrived way than 'I was running for a discrete unit of time that is nevertheless a unit of forward time but somehow arrived before an entity which can travel in 0 units of time, also I did so by running. Through space'.

Yeah it is but they probably really wanted him to be so fast that he could outrun teleportation, which is pretty nuts.

Spoiler

tenor.gif?itemid=5493029

On non-flat ground Gauss's Mach Rush has a hidden advantage: When going at high speeds you often leave the ground for great lengths of time, this can lead to hard landings purely due to the vertical distance traveled since the frame left the ground.

A Gauss can use Mach Rush and avoid all hard landing time, whereas other frames that are not resistant to hard landings. The mod Kavat's Grace could be added to a build, but would take up a valuable warframe slot. Otherwise these frames would have to run more strategic routes that have less steep inclines.

21 hours ago, Sleepdebt said:

getting speed buff from volt then using mach rush is like warp factor 10

I've wanted to experiment with getting a max strength empowered haste mote from wisp, a max strength empowered speed buff from volt and 3 sprint boost auras and see how fast gauss could get across the plains

You'd also want a max strength Empowered NIdus to buff the Volt and Wisp before they buff the Gauss.

11 hours ago, Aadi880 said:

Video is outdated. check the upload date. It is well before wukong's rework.

10 hours ago, vegetosayajin said:

2019 , you member?
if not member, he was terrible back then :D

Oh yeah, that's fair. Didn't notice, my bad.

Archived