Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Weapons To Combo With Nova?

AtomicPunch99

for charging the Antimatter, hard hitters like shotguns, particularly Tigris work well. all that matters there is raw damage to reach maximum charge. as for primed enemies, literally anything works, it's a question of how fast do you need to wipe them out, and are there a lot of them? if there is, AoE weapons are probably best as per usual. if you're gonna MP everyone regardless, you can pretty much take whatever weapon you want, just like if you took a Resonance Sonar Banshee.

Nova does very well with AoE weapons - it can be explody or a blast weapon or even a high RoF machine gun. Best damage is not required, but quickly hitting enemies is.

• Ignis (Wraith)
  • Kuva Brama
  • Arca Plasmor
  • Kuva Ogris (with Nightwatch Napalm)
  • Soma (prime)
  • Supra (vandal)
  • Imperator (vandal) archgun
  • Kuva Nukor (secondary)

Lots of good choices! :redveil:

5 hours ago, AtomicPunch99 said:

charging up antimatter drop [...] I was thinking maybe to use one of the kitguns

You usually build Kitguns for (high if not) max Crit pwnage, which AMD doesn't register.

So, as was said, a pure (non-Crit) damage built Shotgun (yay Status Corinth P) or similar will do quite alright ... but also, yeah,
who needs AMD when you have (yay AoE) weapons to leasurely take potshots with while enemies aren't really doing anything :P

36 minutes ago, Canach said:

Yes!  Definately - but not with Nova. 

Can you give any reasons why?

Not least, the double on-death-kerboom funzies you get from combining
M. Prime (or Avalanche) and Acid Shells was pretty nifty last I used that.

I'll correct myself and agree with the Sobek with Acid Shells for Nova, though it would not be my choice - the thing is I think the Acid Shell kindof duplicates the Molecular Prime, so you don't really realize the benefit with Nova, so much as you would with another character that doesn't have MP.  The reason I agree with you though, is that the Sobek is a nice quick shotgun already, which is a good choice for Nova regardless.

As far as my favorite explody-hammer, the Jat-kittag with Vulkan Blitz - nah, not Nova. Unless you mod for speed (which is easy to do) it is a slow melee, and it just is not quite top shelf for damage - I like polearm speed and reach a lot better, especially for Nova who wants to hit the crowd quickly - I use Orthos Prime or a Healing-Blight Rakta Dark Dagger (Energy+Shields+Health). The other thing is that again, the Vulcan Blitz kindof duplicates teh Molectular Prime - let IgnoreUs or Rhino play with it!

If you are referring to AMD min-maxing I use the Vectis Prime. It can achieve the maximum damage cap in two shots and I find it faster than the Tigris Prime. I also found it better for shooting the orb at long ranges.

It might be able to do it in one shot if you have a raw damage riven and Primed Chamber.

13 hours ago, Canach said:

Acid Shell kindof duplicates the Molecular Prime, so you don't really realize the benefit with Nova, so much as you would with another character that doesn't have MP

Acid Shells deals damage scaling off the target's Health, Molecular Prime doubles that damage
(and adds some more on its own), greatly increasing the chance for the radial blast to be lethal to everything in it.

13 hours ago, Canach said:

the Sobek is a nice quick shotgun

It indeed is, just handles so much better than e.g. Hek which is so much more commonly recommended :P

10 hours ago, WH1735S0W said:

If you are referring to AMD min-maxing I use the Vectis Prime. It can achieve the maximum damage cap in two shots and I find it faster than the Tigris Prime.

Okay wait, did DE actually finally allow Crits to work on AMD then?

If that's the case I must've missed that change in the patch notes, and am sorry for my previous post's misinformation.

10 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

Okay wait, did DE actually finally allow Crits to work on AMD then?

If that's the case I must've missed that change in the patch notes, and am sorry for my previous post's misinformation.

Sadly they still have not allowed crits to work on AMD. Your post has no misinformation at all. 

However the Vectis Prime is able to pump out a lot of raw damage thanks to charged chamber and a riven. I failed to mention that I am using a riven on my Vectis Prime.

Here is the build I use, it charges AMD in two shots:

Qdj8MO3.jpg

The mod above the riven is split chamber.

Note that is not the best setup for AMD. It might be able to one shot AMD with primed chamber + charged chamber and a riven with damage + multishot. Have not gotten around to that setup yet.

Archived