Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The tenno lore does not make sense

(PSN)adachi_2

Soo in second dream and sacrifice we find out the tenno were a sleep and they able to control warframes through dreams correct but if go to vors prize the warframe were in cryopods technically sleeping so why could we not fight when the war between grineer and courpus is it because we will age? Also the lotus in the second dream she picked the operator up while the wires that lotus helmet has so when they were removed why did she become natatah also how did she even get in the ship she had to break out of the lotus chambers had exact cordinance break through the leiset and how the hell did she steal the moon everyone in earth would be dead but they're just walking like nothing happened also I'm pretty sure we did not put moon back to earth but if we look up at night time we see the moons there so my guess is they build an exact replica 

1 minute ago, (XB1)C11H22O11 said:

Well they changed the starting quest so the Warframes were not in cryopods anymore, the other stuff is just speculation but Ballas might've done more than just remove the cables with the hand thing he did. Ordis could just open the ship for her

Well yea but how did she get to space it not like she had super jump also if ordis picked her up but wouldn't there be savier droback 

Unfortunately, Warframe is one of those games where content is "inch deep, mile wide."  Lots to do, little depth, the story/lore definitely included (at least with the game).  

That said, I don't play Warframe for the story, I play it for the mindless mob killing; it would be nice to have, but I just don't see a well told story as part of DE's vision for the game.

22 hours ago, (XB1)Tribal Souljah1 said:

Unfortunately, Warframe is one of those games where content is "inch deep, mile wide."  Lots to do, little depth, the story/lore definitely included (at least with the game).  

That said, I don't play Warframe for the story, I play it for the mindless mob killing; it would be nice to have, but I just don't see a well told story as part of DE's vision for the game.

Digital Extremes has never cared about story, and never will, unfortunately. It is evident by looking at how they handle storytelling. Compare what they do to what Bungie does with Destiny 2. That's a studio that cares about story. Look at how Infinity Ward handled Modern Warfare. That's a studio that cares about story. Look at how Insomniac handled Spider-Man PS4, or Santa Monica Studio with God of War, etc, etc, etc.

The thing about story is that it is the thing that gives context to the rest of the game. The new features that are added are driven by and drive the story. That provides structure to every aspect of the game. It's an organized studio that can handle it. Compare how they talk about their game in their devstreams to how Bungie does in their recent dev video. It's a world of difference, imo.

33 minutes ago, (PS4)amazing021throne said:

Soo in second dream and sacrifice we find out the tenno were a sleep and they able to control warframes through dreams correct but if go to vors prize the warframe were in cryopods technically sleeping so why could we not fight when the war between grineer and courpus is it because we will age?

We can assume Lotus was following the plan right the way through. Our 'free' operations after the fall (as shown in some leverian entries) were largely us cleaning up after the initial purge. The Lotus likely only stopped short of the sequence - killing us - after putting the Frames to sleep as well so there'd be no resistance. Then she relented.

37 minutes ago, (PS4)amazing021throne said:

Also the lotus in the second dream she picked the operator up while the wires that lotus helmet has so when they were removed why did she become natatah

Remember, there was also a big psychic wave before then as well. That's likely what's to blame, whilst the Helmet was likely more symbolic than anything.

38 minutes ago, (PS4)amazing021throne said:

also how did she even get in the ship she had to break out of the lotus chambers had exact cordinance break through the leiset

This assumes the Sentients are telling the truth that she was ever actually locked away in the first place.

Seriously, Erra is named after a god of deception, and he's been called out for lying about surviving the original Erra cinematic (physically assaulting somebody after they call out an inconsistency is literary shorthand for 'I'm lying on purpose and you figured it out'.) So why should we assume he's telling Lotus the truth that the Orokin brainwashed her? Especially since Ballas clearly didn't know about it  (given his spiel in Chimera) and anyone mind-controlling her who wasn't Ballas would have no reason not to remove the part of the programming that told Lotus to lead the Tenno to betray the Orokin.

42 minutes ago, (PS4)amazing021throne said:

did she steal the moon everyone in earth would be dead but they're just walking like nothing happened

The Orokin have incredibly advanced gravitational control technology. Ballas refers to the Moon as unavailable to the Sentients in his transmissions to Hunhow, but it's there in Erra. Given that it seems to be a seat of power of sorts, it's possible that the Orokin already had the 'hide the moon in the void' technology as a defence system that wasn't always turned on for practical reasons, and using the same tech that lets all the planets and asteroids have earth-like gravity, simulated its presence in the real world whenever it was deposited in the void. Lotus just switched on the defence system and never turned it off until the Second Dream.

46 minutes ago, (PS4)amazing021throne said:

also I'm pretty sure we did not put moon back to earth but if we look up at night time we see the moons there so my guess is they build an exact replica 

Replay the Second Dream. When you're doing the mission that involves putting the moon back in real-space, look at the skybox - you can see it uses a void skybox. However, at the end of the mission, it's changed to a normal space skybox. You're literally on the moon as it gets pulled out of the void and put back into its proper place.

Prior to TSD, if you look up at the Moon you'll see it's absent, just a cloud of rubble. I know this because it was the original skybox, but DE added the moon for post TSD players sometime after (around the Sacrifice, IIRC)

Oh a Lore fan tenno ^.^ I like that

Spoiler incomming ^.^ 

Back then the when the cryopod awakening the second dream was perfect because you kinda woke up ... Twice ^.^  First the warframe and after that the tenno.

Now with the new intro i must redo the tutorial to see how its made tho. The frames being sleeping during the war grineer vs corpus probably awoken after the orokin fall as said in the simaris lore section.

Educated guess for the cable they are connected when she needs them for "reasons" i guess and disconnected when not needed ? 

She did not became Natah she is Natah thats her old name as she replaced margulis as a mother figure labeled as the Lotus. She got in the ship by space magic or just the hatch we use for the rail jack and i guess ordis totaly let her in right? Convinient that she arrived right there but i guess she got warned by ordis am i right ? 

The moon was hidden in the void then just warped back i dont see what you mean tho ^.^ 

13 minutes ago, (PS4)amazing021throne said:

Alright so natatahs fractured mind made erra to help her cope but we will see this play a major role in the epic war that probably is not going as the tales of iyo

What?

No?

Erra is a seperate entity, Lotus's brother. Or, was, if the implication that the current 'Erra' is an imposter is any indication. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)amazing021throne said:

Soo in second dream and sacrifice we find out the tenno were a sleep and they able to control warframes through dreams correct but if go to vors prize the warframe were in cryopods technically sleeping so why could we not fight when the war between grineer and courpus is it because we will age?

First, the quest was changed, second, what is it that "doesn't make sense" about frames in crypods?

Also the lotus in the second dream she picked the operator up while the wires that lotus helmet has so when they were removed why did she become natatah also how did she even get in the ship she had to break out of the lotus chambers had exact cordinance break through the leiset and how the hell did she steal the moon everyone in earth would be dead but they're just walking like nothing happened also I'm pretty sure we did not put moon back to earth but if we look up at night time we see the moons there so my guess is they build an exact replica 

You have something called the enter key, try using it next time

You don't know what the cables do, for all we know it's just how she can talk to us in missions, like she's connected to a radio or something

Same thing with how she got in the Orbiter, she knows where we are at all times, plus, Ordis could've been the one to open the door for her

How did she steal the moon? Well we don't know exactly. Again, you're talking when you don't know the details, stop saying it doesn't make sense when you just don't know ffs

& you say you are sure we didn't put the moon back. Where is your evidence on that?

Just now, (PS4)amazing021throne said:

So erra is alive but only explanation for erra being alive is if ballas rebuilt him

Or somebody is posing as him or created a duplicate. It could be Ballas or it could be 'mother' since she appears in the original New War trailer way back when. Again, the only evidence we have that Mother is gone is Erra's say-so.

30 minutes ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

First, the quest was changed, second, what is it that "doesn't make sense" about frames in crypods?

You have something called the enter key, try using it next time

U need to tell me in "inserect current games year" we still use keys

You don't know what the cables do, for all we know it's just how she can talk to us in missions, like she's connected to a radio or something 

Pff as if you know what the cables do

Same thing with how she got in the Orbiter, she knows where we are at all times, plus, Ordis could've been the one to open the door for her 

The door really because I never saw a door

How did she steal the moon? Well we don't know exactly. Again, you're talking when you don't know the details, stop saying it doesn't make sense when you just don't know ffs 

Ha alad literally said "the moon blah blah i thought it was myth my the lotus is strong"

& you say you are sure we didn't put the moon back. Where is your evidence on that?

What dont u understand by I'm pretty sure it means I'm not completely sure

14 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Or somebody is posing as him or created a duplicate. It could be Ballas or it could be 'mother' since she appears in the original New War trailer way back when. Again, the only evidence we have that Mother is gone is Erra's say-so.

Wasn't it a treasure 

2 hours ago, (PS4)amazing021throne said:

The "sleep" during the Old War was referred to as the Second Dream. The Tenno children were unconscious but dreaming, able to control the warframes through their dreams. Cryosleep is something else. It's hibernation, with almost no brain activity. The Tenno could not control the warframes through the cryosleep following the Old War and the Collapse.

Also the lotus in the second dream she picked the operator up while the wires that lotus helmet has so when they were removed why did she become natatah also how did she even get in the ship she had to break out of the lotus chambers had exact cordinance break through the leiset

The Lotus always has the coordinates to the Tenno's ships. We work for her (or at least, used to). The Lotus manages all the Tenno's missions so of course she can track their ships. She likely has shuttles of her own to carry her place to place as needed. The wires that Ballas disconnected from her helmet were not the only thing keeping her there.

and how the hell did she steal the moon everyone in earth would be dead but they're just walking like nothing happened

The moon had infrastructure set up to move it into the Void. She activated it. That's how. While there would be large-scale effects on the Earth, they wouldn't be catastrophic. It's nothing Orokin technology couldn't handle, and now, millennia later, the Earth has reached a new equilibrium.

also I'm pretty sure we did not put moon back to earth but if we look up at night time we see the moons there so my guess is they build an exact replica 

We did. We put the moon back around Earth. If you go to the Plains of Eidolon at night and look up, you don't see the moon before The Second Dream, and you do after.

Well yea but how did she get to space it not like she had super jump also if ordis picked her up but wouldn't there be savier droback 

The simplest explanation is that she has a ship of her own. Very easy to assume. I have no idea what you mean by "savier droback". Do you mean "saviour drawback"? What is that?

So erra is alive but only explanation for erra being alive is if ballas rebuilt him

There are… many other explanations. Loza gave you a few.

44 minutes ago, (PS4)amazing021throne said:

Wasn't it a treasure 

Wasn't what a treasure?

Not exactly . During the old war maybe erra was either wounded and left  or they just killed a part of him and not he main thing or something else.

Sentient works with fragment as seen in the second dream quest. So basically what we saw could have been only a fragment. 

27 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

Not exactly . During the old war maybe erra was either wounded and left  or they just killed a part of him and not he main thing or something else.

Sentient works with fragment as seen in the second dream quest. So basically what we saw could have been only a fragment. 

Lotus herself strongly indicates the Tenno were quite thorough. His reaction to this indicates to me she was telling the truth, and it's a truth he would rather hide.

3 hours ago, (XB1)Tribal Souljah1 said:

The lore might be slapped together sorta willy nilly, but I will give DE credit on their ability to tell a good story. The cinematic quests like TSD, TWW, Sacrifice, Chains of Harrow, more recently Deadlock Protocol, etc, are most definitely more than an inch deep.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Wil_Shatner_face said:

The lore might be slapped together sorta willy nilly, but I will give DE credit on their ability to tell a good story. The cinematic quests like TSD, TWW, Sacrifice, Chains of Harrow, more recently Deadlock Protocol, etc, are most definitely more than an inch deep.

I'll concede that those quests are good, but I'd still disagree on the amount of depth (not necessarily that these don't have depth).  I feel like there so much more that they could have done with those quests, and its why I personally consider them to be a little lackluster.  You can breeze through them in an afternoon.  I can't speak to Deadlock though.  

Just now, (XB1)Tribal Souljah1 said:

I'll concede that those quests are good, but I'd still disagree on the amount of depth (not necessarily that these don't have depth).  I feel like there so much more that they could have done with those quests, and its why I personally consider them to be a little lackluster.  You can breeze through them in an afternoon.  I can't speak to Deadlock though.  

For sure, that’s just the style of a WF cinematic quest. They’re usually about 1-2 hours long depending on if you rush it or take your time. I agree with you for the most part, just wanted to put some respect on DEs storytelling ability.

Archived