Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Finishing Glassmaker Act 5 should make the glass resonance stop

Vesterbro

Title.

Very please.
From a story perspective, shouldn't the glassing stop because we caught Nihil?
And from a perspective of player who at rank 91, I don't really care about 150 more standings.
I just wanna do a mission peacefully without any glassing resonance.

Or at least, make it an option for those who finished act 5 to turn off the glassing resonance.

6 minutes ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

Lol

It's super easy taking care of the glass enemies.

It's not that I'm having a hard time killing them, its more of annoyance.
You can kill ants easily but I bet you're annoyed every time they showed up, no?

26 minutes ago, Vesterbro said:

Or at least, make it an option for those who finished act 5 to turn off the glassing resonance.

I've been wanting this since NW3 was first released!

I'm minding my own business, fishing in PoE... Glass resonance.
Ditto for mining and conservation. In fact I'd be happy if we could disable it only in the three open worlds just so I could get some peace and quiet! A tenno's got to relax sometimes...

No, it shouldn't. The standing cap has been increased, so the incremental gains generate more rewards for players who have finished the scenario. Stopping the invasions would put a dilemma on players who want to experience the content, including all of the rank 30 seekers who need Vitrica to rank up. 

Putting in the OPTION to turn them off is a fantastic idea.

They're extremely annoying in some missions and during some activities. There's no GOOD reason they have to constantly be happening, ESPECIALLY if you've beaten and trapped the cause of enemies being glassed in the first place. (It made sense a little bit before, but even then, not so much.)

Personally, I'd relegate all NightWave specific encounters to a new brand of mission type: NightWave Alerts - they'd work like the old alert system with the old alert rewards, but they'd include the NightWave encounter for that season. (I'd also have a permanent node of some sort where the mission-specific encounters always take place.)

Want to engage with the NightWave stuff practically on demand... there you go. Want to mind your own business and play in peace? You can do that too. Win-Win.

10 hours ago, (PS4)AyinDygra said:

Putting in the OPTION to turn them off is a fantastic idea.

Explain how that would work if playing with other people. 

There's no GOOD reason they have to constantly be happening

Yes there is: so people can get them with general ease. Many people haven't finished glassmaker. What about those who want to run the episodes again? Ease of cephalite collection is good. Bonus easy-to-obtain Nightwave standing is also welcome.

Want to engage with the NightWave stuff practically on demand... there you go.

Then it would be farmed out too easily. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

Explain how that would work if playing with other people. 

If the host has glass-hole invasions active, they spawn. If the host has disabled them, they do not spawn. If you turned them off but joined someone else who has them enabled, they still spawn.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

Yes there is: so people can get them with general ease. Many people haven't finished glassmaker. What about those who want to run the episodes again? Ease of cephalite collection is good. Bonus easy-to-obtain Nightwave standing is also welcome.

Then it would be farmed out too easily. 

We're talking about after people have already beaten the GlassMaker NightWave. If they've been playing long enough that they don't want to see glassed enemies anymore, having already max'd their NW rank, or are content with doing the acts instead, at this point, with this option, they can CHOOSE to not have glass interrupt their gaming anymore. I'm talking about an option here, not the universal turning-off of glass encounters game-wide. There's no GOOD reason that the glass encounters have to continue occurring regardless of player preference especially once the source of the glassing is "dealt with." There's good reason for SOME people to want glass encounters, certainly. It's a catch-up mechanic, and a boon for those who cannot complete the Elite Weekly stuff that some players don't even have access to... but it's not universally useful to all people.

As to farming it out too quickly... they could create an alternate use for the Cephalite... used as a key to enter the permanent NW Alert node. So, you play random NW alerts, get cephalite, and then use that to enter the permanent node when no alerts are up. Given the limited use of Cephalite at this point, it seems reasonable to me, and would limit the use of the perm-node. I'm not of the opinion that it would be "farmed out to easily" even if Cephalite wasn't the key to enter, though. For all I care, they could keep the 20min timer on glass encounters... or put a cooldown on entering that node... but I like the Cephalite-as-the-key idea just as well.

On 2020-10-29 at 12:25 PM, (XB1)Shodian said:

Lol

It's super easy taking care of the glass enemies.

That's not the point.

We don't need Resonance anymore. Nora interrupting our mission is seriously getting annoying - especially since her voice lines make it sound like we haven't completed the missions and don't know who Nihil is.

1 hour ago, DrakeWurrum said:

especially since her voice lines make it sound like we haven't completed the missions and don't know who Nihil is.

What line? They seem pretty episode unrelated to me. 

On 2020-11-03 at 11:51 AM, (PS4)AyinDygra said:

I'm talking about an option here, not the universal turning-off of glass encounters game-wide.

Explain how that would work in a squad 

On 2020-11-03 at 11:04 AM, DoomFruit said:

If the host has glass-hole invasions active, they spawn. If the host has disabled them, they do not spawn. If you turned them off but joined someone else who has them enabled, they still spawn.

That's unfair to everyone because most people want the standing, and you literally can't choose who is host on public. One person should NEVER decide for the whole squad based on THEIR preference on a topic that will affect the squad's ability to progress (especially if it's out of everyone's control on who is host). Most new players play on public and need the standing. That isn't fair nor consistent. Try again. 

There's no GOOD reason that the glass encounters have to continue occurring regardless of player preference especially once the source of the glassing is "dealt with." There's good reason for SOME people to want glass encounters, certainly. It's a catch-up mechanic, and a boon for those who cannot complete the Elite Weekly stuff that some players don't even have access to... but it's not universally useful to all people.

Most people are casual players that will take any ounce of standing they can get, because they have lives stopping them from getting every ounce of acts. Keep in mind it also helps new players when the glass spawns and they get standing regardless of knowing what to do. Yes, the glass is annoying and frustrating in some cases, but it's good for most players (casual players). 

they could create an alternate use for the Cephalite... used as a key to enter the permanent NW Alert node. So, you play random NW alerts, get cephalite, and then use that to enter the permanent node when no alerts are up. Given the limited use of Cephalite at this point, it seems reasonable to me, and would limit the use of the perm-node. I'm not of the opinion that it would be "farmed out to easily" even if Cephalite wasn't the key to enter, though. For all I care, they could keep the 20min timer on glass encounters... or put a cooldown on entering that node... but I like the Cephalite-as-the-key idea just as well.

How would that change anything? If anything, you're just adding another barrier of work that doesn't need to be there. Kill glass enemies, get resonance, enter Weave. We don't need a middleman.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

What line? They seem pretty episode unrelated to me. 

The one where she openly wonders who did it and what's happening. When we literally just killed Nihil.

S#&$, how is this even happening to me, since I freaking killed Nihil.

Just now, (PS4)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

You know... they're there for everyone else. For the people who haven't done glassmaker. They have to keep it neutral for everyone so there aren't spoilers. 

And there's no reason that it can't turn off for me, but still be on for other players. DE aren't noobs at game programming.

10 hours ago, (PS4)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

That's unfair to everyone because most people want the standing, and you literally can't choose who is host on public. One person should NEVER decide for the whole squad based on THEIR preference on a topic that will affect the squad's ability to progress (especially if it's out of everyone's control on who is host). Most new players play on public and need the standing. That isn't fair nor consistent. Try again. 

The solution is quite obvious - just run a mission on private mode if you want glass-holes.

Archived