Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why the sneaky Khora nerf...

TEDD1995

2 minutes ago, Spectre-8 said:

Like I said they have to start the cycle again from somewhere , they don't have time for everything so they are doing whatever they can at the end of the day .

How would you know do you work there ? 🤔 Plus they only need cause it was best way to farm steel essence and if you don't see that just plain ignorance.

4 minutes ago, thats_rudiculous_07 said:

Are you serious?  Ppl use khora cause she has a loot augament. It's not really nuke compared to saryn. And Octavia . It more like baruku. Why not nerf them as well🤔 

The bottomline is she got their attention because she was being used to solo afk farm endless SP survival with macros and tilted heavily on the useage statistics. If DE sees something really high on useage stats, they always take it down a peg instead of nerfing/buffing other stuff because it's easier to just go after one thing to "make things even". 

Don't worry though, those other frames may get a balance pass before long too, so careful what you say. 

2 minutes ago, thats_rudiculous_07 said:

How would you know do you work there ? 🤔 Plus they only need cause it was best way to farm steel essence and if you don't see that just plain ignorance.

They changed the whole system with the daily missions , you can't farm steel essence at the same pace as you did before .

You really need to calm down a little bit and think about it .

Just now, thats_rudiculous_07 said:

That's not true . Saryn has been here longer than khora . They nerf khora cause its was steel essence strat .if you think it anything Else that plain ignorance . Just means strangle dome + wip claw won't work through walls.

Strangledome still works through walls, right? Or was this also changed with arcana?

Ironically strangledome working through walls is just as big a part of her issue as whipclaw piercing through walls.

All of the 'grab enemies' abilities should be restricted to LOS. It is incredibly annoying to have enemies pulled underneath walkways, and into corners of connected rooms etc.

5 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

The bottomline is she got their attention because she was being used to solo afk farm endless SP survival with macros and tilted heavily on the useage statistics. If DE sees something really high on useage stats, they always take it down a peg instead of nerfing/buffing other stuff because it's easier to just go after one thing to "make things even". 

Don't worry though, those other frames may get a balance pass before long too, so careful what you say. 

They already know there broken. 😒 There no point hiding it . They found out about limbo and vauban way to nuke . They haven't nerfed Octavia cause nobody use her and saryn it only good against G.

1 minute ago, Leqesai said:

Strangledome still works through walls, right? Or was this also changed with arcana?

Ironically strangledome working through walls is just as big a part of her issue as whipclaw piercing through walls.

All of the 'grab enemies' abilities should be restricted to LOS. It is incredibly annoying to have enemies pulled underneath walkways, and into corners of connected rooms etc.

They nerfed that. 

25 minutes ago, Spectre-8 said:

They changed the whole system with the daily missions , you can't farm steel essence at the same pace as you did before .

You really need to calm down a little bit and think about it .

Then why would people so much time into farming Steel Essence ?🤔 Ophelia nerf didn't explain the issue then try thinking out the box why they did that.

7 minutes ago, thats_rudiculous_07 said:

That's not true . Saryn has been here longer than khora .

But it is true because Saryn went through a lot of changes as well if you remember , so as you can see changes require time and the devs are always working on all aspects of the game so sometimes maybe they don't have time for everything .

19 minutes ago, thats_rudiculous_07 said:

Then why would people so much time into farming Steel Essence ?🤔Ophelia nerf didn't explain the issue then try thinking out the box why they did that.

Like I said you really need to calm down a little bit , this will get you nowhere from this point on .

59 минут назад, TEDD1995 сказал:

Why they nerf khora, it wasn't in the test cluster and they haven't talked about it on any streams.. you know people work hard on frames and build accordingly to suit the abilities so why don't you engage with the players who are keeping your game alive, about changes to their favorite frames. Instead of just sneaking in changes and expecting everyone to be okay with it.. fix the things that are really broken in the game and don't get salty cause people found out how to efficiently farm steel essence and nerf the indemand frame for said activity because you are mad.. you build the game not the players so if something is broken tell us how you messed up and now you have to back track instead

So why DE just not  remove all the resources and grind than?

“We keep your game alive DE, so please respect our time we wasting on your game and give us everything for free”

1 minute ago, SpiritTeA said:

So why DE just not  remove all the resources and grind than?

“We keep your game alive DE, so please respect our time we wasting on your game and give us everything for free”

People like the OP just need some time to relax and calm down , no need to poke the bear I mean really .

3 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

If DE is going to introduce LOS restrictions on abilities they should at least test the changes before releasing them. 

Played Khora for a total of 2 minutes before I ran into situations like this.

I saw your vod earlier and I hope this is just a bug that will get hotfixed , i mean look at this ...

1 hour ago, TEDD1995 said:

Why they nerf khora, it wasn't in the test cluster and they haven't talked about it on any streams.. you know people work hard on frames and build accordingly to suit the abilities so why don't you engage with the players who are keeping your game alive, about changes to their favorite frames. Instead of just sneaking in changes and expecting everyone to be okay with it.. fix the things that are really broken in the game and don't get salty cause people found out how to efficiently farm steel essence and nerf the indemand frame for said activity because you are mad.. you build the game not the players so if something is broken tell us how you messed up and now you have to back track instead

Because DE can't admit out loud that they lied in their latest devstream that they won't be nerfing anything. 
Ah well. Just DE being DE. 

1 hour ago, Spectre-8 said:

The Khora nerf was a good start , all the devs need to do now is to apply target cap and LoS restrictions to all warframes and weapons .

Exactly, I agree 100% Now her kits is much more balanced.

This isn't a secret nerf but a forgone conclusion with all the mindless spamming for Steel Essence for the last few exploited months. I don't even know why DE allowed these mechanics for so long in the game. When they purposely tried fixing this with melee through walls about 2yrs ago.

Baruuk, Saryn, Mesa, and Octiavia should be looked as ASAP.

33 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

If DE is going to introduce LOS restrictions on abilities they should at least test the changes before releasing them. 

Played Khora for a total of 2 minutes before I ran into situations like this.

5 minutes ago, kwlingo said:

Exactly, I agree 100% Now her kits is much more balanced.

This isn't a secret nerf but a forgone conclusion with all the mindless spamming for Steel Essence for the last few exploited months. I don't even know why DE allowed these mechanics for so long in the game. When they purposely tried fixing this with melee through walls about 2yrs ago.

Baruuk, Saryn, Mesa, and Octiavia should be looked as ASAP.

balanced*

97cd6d6011eb89eb3ea9c96d5709b754.png**** 

1 minute ago, AlfredoLindu said:

balanced*

It's perfect. They are using real life mechanics. In real life only the tip is where you get any kind of sonic boom. But this is a game so they can easily make it work with object close by.

I still remember being too close always had an odd effect sometimes missing targets even before this update. The sweet spot was always a few meters away. So not much difference from before. They just probably made the hit box different, similar to how some melees hit boxes are odd.

1 minute ago, kwlingo said:

I still remember being too close always had an odd effect sometimes missing targets even before this update.

The same i was actually typing this , saved me some time thanks .

Also yes what is shown in the video above can be tweaked / bugfixed / hotfixed whatever for sure .

Just now, Spectre-8 said:

I saw your vod earlier and I hope this is just a bug that will get hotfixed , i mean look at this ...

I'm legit pissed about the change. Khora is my most used frame at nearly 20% of ~4k hours play time. She's not my most used because I farmed SE with her, I had almost a million kills on her before SP was even released and she was my most used frame then too.  She gets nerfed because people can afk macro farm SE. Classic case of punishing everyone for the mistakes of a few.

DE killed the SE farm and killed the frame used at the same time. It makes no sense to me. People thought she was bad when she was dps queen. Now she's been reduced to a troll frame. With one dome she can lock down a map in a 42m radius (double that range with 2 domes) and has had her ability to kill those enemies effectively removed. I can enter pretty much any survival and make that mission fail for everyone else by locking down spawns and not being able to kill enemies fast enough to keep up life support. I can dome defense objectives and make the mission take at least twice as long because I can't kill enemies. I'm not going to but someone will. 

This update really got to me. I'll be able to hit MR30 today but DE broke my most used frame. I've never wanted to play a game so much and just completely walk away from it at the same time.  

Archived