Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's up with the extra appendage on the Voidrig Necramech glyph?

xcrimsonlegendx

Been waiting for the forums to finally update so I could get a better look at this thing.

Since I first saw it I've wondered what exactly is going on with the left side of the image. Seems as though its got a third tentacle limb attached to the shoulder with little gold protrusions and a weapon attached to it. Cortege maybe? Whatever the case its odd looking. Maybe some leftover from a previous design that was scrapped?

1_GlyphErisTennocon2020Mech.png
Also getting some G1 Transformers vibes with the pose/art style and background.

3 hours ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

Been waiting for the forums to finally update so I could get a better look at this thing.

Since I first saw it I've wondered what exactly is going on with the left side of the image. Seems as though its got a third tentacle limb attached to the shoulder with little gold protrusions and a weapon attached to it. Cortege maybe? Whatever the case its odd looking. Maybe some leftover from a previous design that was scrapped?

1_GlyphErisTennocon2020Mech.png
Also getting some G1 Transformers vibes with the pose/art style and background.

It’s probably what the cortège was supposed to be or interpreted on what it was supposed to look like

4 hours ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

Maybe some leftover from a previous design that was scrapped?

I have one theory: notice it's on the right shoulder of the mech; the one you look over to aim. it was probably removed because it would have gotten in the way whilst aiming your Archgun. as to what it is, I'm guessing it might have been some kind of exhaust system or other device to remove excess heat. all Entrati weapons fire extremely hot energy, and you wouldn't want anything to overheat and potentially explode. it could also have been a weapon, some kind of shoulder mounted cannon.

Archived