Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It's almost 2021 and DE still allows ppl to troll spy vaults

UNO168

there's ppl literally use loud frame with loud weapons waltz into vault triggering alarms like it's game designer's fault to create such game mode(actually, it is) while the other 3 ppl in the squad can do nothing to alleviate this situation, is this even a co-op game? 

DE can do something to improve said scenario:

• allow ppl to hack nearby console to increase countdown timer, long enough for ppl to rush over to vault in alarm and help
  • disallow loud frames/weapons to join spy vaults
  • each successful opened vaults will increase alarm countdown, long enough for ppl at the other vault to rush over and help

ppl call Limbo troll frame and he has undergone several revisions but what about spy vaults? the only thing got added to spy is a voice line 

I get it, Spy Vaults are a pain and a lot of people just seem to rush in without caring about the alarms and traps. Perhaps we could put the blame on the very limited stealth mechanics within Warframe? I would agree that there are a few vaults at higher levels where the alarm countdown is so short that it would be impossible to reach the console in time.

Become the troll... use Loki, sit outside the vault and cast switch teleport on anyone who comes near!

Nowadays I only run Spy missions with my clan mates or solo.

You can activate the liset Override air support ability, that halts the timers for a few seconds.

But that's it, sadly the game mode offers no way for the best players in the game to make any sort of compenssation, you cannot be in 3 areas at the same time and be faster than everyone else.

However this is not an excuse to aply equip gatting, the mission type is a more mechanically difficult mission which was requested alot back when spy 2.0 were introduced, it serves it's purpose and provides something different, to the game, it also reinforces one of the most beneficial things in the game, that looking around and taking things slow initially can go a long way, exploration is key if you plan on playing warframe on the long term.

1 hour ago, KIREEK said:

However this is not an excuse to aply equip gatting, the mission type is a more mechanically difficult mission which was requested alot back when spy 2.0 were introduced, it serves it's purpose and provides something different, to the game, it also reinforces one of the most beneficial things in the game, that looking around and taking things slow initially can go a long way, exploration is key if you plan on playing warframe on the long term.

Yep, exactly why spy is in the top 3 of my favorite missions(a close contender with Disruption). The only place where a failed vault really matters is in a sortie. If you are looking to farm something that requires all 3, solo or a formed group makes way more sense.

Most people avoid public spy sorties, but I decided to stick with the public as it's one of the only missions that realistically gets failed. (The only issue I would bring up is that the hack doesn't finish as soon as you completed it, so I've had a few runs where a team mate tripped an alarms and by the time I get there I am able to complete the hack just before the timer ends, but then the mission still fails) 

As you've said it's is one of the more mechanical difficulties, that's what I find makes it a great mission. I would definitely like to see more interesting vaults added such as the Jupiter ones, since learning them is one of the great parts. 

I think the reason Disruption and Spy are 2 of my top missions types is that they both are somewhat based on knowledge you have to apply. In spy it is the routes you learn. In Disruption it is the fact that you can start to learn from which direction they are most likely to come for each location of the conduits, with large enemy radar you are also able to spot them by recognizing their slightly different AI as they are more focused on going towards the objective(when there isn't a lot of verticality, since sadly enemy radar only reaches about 15m up and down.)

On 2020-12-03 at 9:04 PM, PhiThagRaid said:

As you've said it's is one of the more mechanical difficulties, that's what I find makes it a great mission. I would definitely like to see more interesting vaults added such as the Jupiter ones, since learning them is one of the great parts. 

Well said man. Because that's what a game is, by definition, a chance to lose

Archived