Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Killing arbitration drones with ease

Amoral_Support

This might be on the late side, but ive noticed that Magus Lockdown and rapid fire amps completely melt arby drones. Every so often i see people complain about shield gating on drones.

If you void dash into a mob protected by a drone magus lockdown is uneffected by the drones shield allowing you to safely and easily pop it with a Klamora or Lega amp. 

EDIT:

Im aware there are many solutions to arbitration drones. This is just another one that i thought to suggest. Operators are often ignored and its an easy and accessible option. 

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Amoral_Support:

This might be on the late side, but ive noticed that Magus Lockdown and rapid fire amps completely melt arby drones. Every so often i see people complain about shield gating on drones.

If you void dash into a mob protected by a drone magus lockdown is uneffected by the drones shield allowing you to safely and easily pop it with a Klamora or Lega amp. 

actually unnecessary. there are dozens of weapons with aoe or even kuva nukor hits it by the way.
i shot them with a pistol yesterday, for example. drones moves like grandmas.
and i also have lvl 5 lockdown and use lega. the problem is that you have to get close. if you can aim a little, then the weapon doesn't matter.

People complaining about it just go in there unprepared respectively with the expectation that the game has to allow them to kill drones with their single bullet magazine 3 second reload time weapon.

- Adapt. 

- Equip a loadout suited for the mission and not only arbitrations but the vast majority of the game is a cakewalk.

- You don't have a good loadout? Well, there you go. You have another goal you can pursue.

- Ignore the arbitration buffs unless they happen to correlate with a suited loadout.

Still a decent advice though.

2 hours ago, Battle.Mage said:

actually unnecessary. there are dozens of weapons with aoe or even kuva nukor hits it by the way.
and i also have lvl 5 lockdown and use lega. the problem is that you have to get close. if you can aim a little, then the weapon doesn't matter.

You can give your operator some armor and health via Waybounds.

4 hours ago, Battle.Mage said:

Yep, those work really good too. Using your Operator is an easily accessible option that others might prefer. Getting close is mitigated by lockdown. As is aiming to be frank. 

Personally I like using my Stropha to first break their shields with a regular attack (using Bullet Dance, obvs), and follow up with a heavy to blow them up.

Or use my Glaive's heavy detonation.

Or i could use regular weapons, Operator, or aoe weapons, but I love these combos ^^

6 hours ago, Battle.Mage said:

Lockdown has 15 m of Range and Lega 25 m. YOu can get there in total safety aas operator, you also have void mode so "geting close" isn't a problem at all, on the contrary, getting close to the enemy as operator with lockdown is playing safely.

___

Since the void changes shooting that crowd become even more easy. Lockdown stops everything (even most bosses in the game) even nullfiers inside bubbles. Lockdown is one of the most brutal CC in the game honestly.

52 minutes ago, (PSN)thegarada said:

1 shot them with melee, along with everything else?

Not always safe too do that? Trying that in high level arbitration is a good way to be obliterated by half a dozen toxic ancients, or given a mild seizure at least by all the flashing lights lol. 

You do you though. Im not tryna say one is better than the other. Just suggesting an alternative that not a lot of people would consider.

21 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

Lockdown has 15 m of Range and Lega 25 m. YOu can get there in total safety aas operator, you also have void mode so "geting close" isn't a problem at all, on the contrary, getting close to the enemy as operator with lockdown is playing safely.

___

Since the void changes shooting that crowd become even more easy. Lockdown stops everything (even most bosses in the game) even nullfiers inside bubbles. Lockdown is one of the most brutal CC in the game honestly.

Yeah and given that everything arounf the drone is going to be locked down as well there really is very little danger in using it. Plus if you some how get tagged as an operator you dont instantly loose the arbitration. At high levels this is fairly relevant.

9 minutes ago, Amoral_Support said:

Yeah and given that everything arounf the drone is going to be locked down as well there really is very little danger in using it. Plus if you some how get tagged as an operator you dont instantly loose the arbitration. At high levels this is fairly relevant.

Be careful tho, your warframe isn't nvulnerable but have 90% of DR, I've lost arbitrations becaue I left my frame in dangerous areas without healing it. I wish it had 100% :'(

1 hour ago, vanaukas said:

Be careful tho, your warframe isn't nvulnerable but have 90% of DR, I've lost arbitrations becaue I left my frame in dangerous areas without healing it. I wish it had 100% :'(

The thing i like about using lockdown/amps is that you can kill drones pretty quickly! Im pc but i use a controler for personal reasons. I kinda treat it like combos in a fighting game. Muscle memory kicks in the second i see a drone.

28 minutes ago, Amoral_Support said:

The thing i like about using lockdown/amps is that you can kill drones pretty quickly! Im pc but i use a controler for personal reasons. I kinda treat it like combos in a fighting game. Muscle memory kicks in the second i see a drone.

If that's your playstyle I must recommend you to try Magus Cloud, Naramon and Unairu to deal with enemies (naramon open up to finisher, unairu reduces their armor and CC them), Vazarin to heal your frame/companion/teammates for 5 full secs of invulnerability. 

1 hour ago, vanaukas said:

If that's your playstyle I must recommend you to try Magus Cloud, Naramon and Unairu to deal with enemies (naramon open up to finisher, unairu reduces their armor and CC them), Vazarin to heal your frame/companion/teammates for 5 full secs of invulnerability. 

Yeah! I main Naramon most of the time and use Magus Cloud pretty frequently. I tried using Unairu but i think its bugged currently. 

46 minutes ago, (PSN)ErydisTheLucario said:

Not really anything new guy. Way late to the party, and there are better ways to deal with them as well.

Yes, i know. Thats not the point. There are lots of ways to kill arby drones, I bring up operators because they are under used. More of a "hey, these things also work".  

4 hours ago, Amoral_Support said:

Not always safe too do that? Trying that in high level arbitration is a good way to be obliterated by half a dozen toxic ancients, or given a mild seizure at least by all the flashing lights lol. 

You do you though. Im not tryna say one is better than the other. Just suggesting an alternative that not a lot of people would consider.

With experience, it is the easiest way, since the damage cannot be blocked or avoided. As long as you are in range it is dead. If you want to go range, my best experience is with Fulmin. Pass through and high damage.

Archived