Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Platinum farming

snekity

I would like to make this thread a collection of various plat farms. It would be like a little guide to players which struggle with trading or farming prime parts, mods, etc. Feel free to add something to this thread. For example: Best locations to farm certain relic types (Lith, Meso, Neo and Axi), Best selling items in-game (not mods or prime parts), Best plat farming methods as the title states, Best selling mods or rivens, best riven stats or weapons, and so on. I know that you can research some of those things on yt or google but I think that a little help outside of those platforms isnt gonna harm anybody. Sometimes its better to rely on the community than ytbers or gaming websites. To begin this thread I would like to share one easy platinum farming method:(PS: You might already know this one so please dont hate lol)

The method is as I said very easy to pull of... All you need is a bunch of rare (gold) mods which you can easily get from the index, and a couple of credits. All you need to do is transmute 4 of those mods into one. It will cost 36.000 credits which isnt that much. The only problem is that its a little RNG/Luck based. I tried my luck today and actually made a 60p profit. That may not seem like alot for most of you guys but I only transmuted about 7 times. The extra good thing is that while you are farming the mods in the index you will also recieve alot of credits which you can use to transmute some of those mods.

This method may not be perfect so feel free to add something to it to make it more efficient! Feel free to depate over some methods in the comments... 

18 minutes ago, snekity said:

I would like to make this thread a collection of various plat farms. It would be like a little guide to players which struggle with trading or farming prime parts, mods, etc. Feel free to add something to this thread. For example: Best locations to farm certain relic types (Lith, Meso, Neo and Axi), Best selling items in-game (not mods or prime parts), Best plat farming methods as the title states, Best selling mods or rivens, best riven stats or weapons, and so on. I know that you can research some of those things on yt or google but I think that a little help outside of those platforms isnt gonna harm anybody. Sometimes its better to rely on the community than ytbers or gaming websites. To begin this thread I would like to share one easy platinum farming method:(PS: You might already know this one so please dont hate lol)

The method is as I said very easy to pull of... All you need is a bunch of rare (gold) mods which you can easily get from the index, and a couple of credits. All you need to do is transmute 4 of those mods into one. It will cost 36.000 credits which isnt that much. The only problem is that its a little RNG/Luck based. I tried my luck today and actually made a 60p profit. That may not seem like alot for most of you guys but I only transmuted about 7 times. The extra good thing is that while you are farming the mods in the index you will also recieve alot of credits which you can use to transmute some of those mods.

This method may not be perfect so feel free to add something to it to make it more efficient! Feel free to depate over some methods in the comments... 

only problem being that almost no one buys those

Selling prime parts/sets is probably the easiest and most consistent way to farm plat. Prime parts just sell, obviously golds and vaulted sell for more but people also buy random prime junk. Since you get a prime part from every fissure, every run equals plat. It might not be much but it adds up. 

When running fissure look for capture, exterminate, rescue and sabotage because they are fast mission types. You can use the WFinfo app that displays current market value of prime parts at selection screen. AFAIK DE does not mind if you use it and I've seen partners using it on stream.

If you're short on relics Void capture missions are quick easy relic farm. Hepit for Lith and Ukko for meso/neo. I use Titania to farm relics and with a little practice every run should take less than a minute. 

Syndicate mods are probably the easiest way to make plat, the more popular ones sell in an instant if you dont price them too high (about 10-15plat).

Prime parts is also a good way but its RNG while syndicate mods are not, gold ones sell for highest ofc while common ones are only 1 or 2 plat apart from vaulted ones and usually people also want to keep some for ducats. 

For the more dedicated player theres rivens, liches and I guess kubrow/kavat breeding to make hundreds or thousands of plats at once but those are even more RNG and harder to sell from my experience unless you dedicate a lot of time in "advertising". 

Besides the well explained relic farming and gold mod selling:

- small things count: check all !!! (brown and silver, too) your mods for the rare ones, list every mod on the market with a trading price of 4 plat or higher. Hunter mods from Ghoul event are brown but rare...

- set up access to  a dojo, reply immediately at request. Trade requests during missions kill the fun in both, trading and doing missions. For serious trading and with a proper stock of offers, decide when to trade (set market to online in game) or time to play (set market to invisible).

- give trade partners rep at the market, ask for rep in a polite way.

- check your price from time to time.

- level you syndicate(s), check the rare mods, maybe weapons they offer at lvl 5

I made a few hundred plat this way over one week.

And most important: be prepared for the 75% plat discount daily reward. The best way to support this f2p game with real money.

9 hours ago, (XBOX)CI shadow2397 said:

I could sell ayatans and prime parts for more in less time at less of a cost

2 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I can make more than that just from daily syndicates.

You guys may have misunderstood this thread. It is one of many methods that you can use if you want to farm platinum. Instead of quoting my msg you could have already made an individual post sharing your favourite plat farm. You could have just wrote the syndicate standing farming method or selling ayatans...

vor 20 Minuten schrieb snekity:

This is not for me its for the people who have problems with farming plat...

I understand this. But who are the people, that have problems with farming plat? Usually the new pleayers, with low gear / experience and need for advice.

In this state, every ayatan sculpture I found was used to get endo to max my mods. (with the bug of the month at the moment, you even  can't find any amber stars to fill them ...)

As for rivens: If you found that one that's worth a few thousands plat, congrats!  But in terms of farming with a calculatable outcome, it doesn's count for me. Most of the rivens I got were for crap weapons -> no worth -> endo. The only useful I got was a Jat Kusar riven. The whole high price riven thing is a click bait and scam.

I have nothing against selling ayatan or rivens, but ist just a RNG side effect with high income. It does't help the players wiht need of plat farming advice.

9 minutes ago, Egdot said:

I understand this. But who are the people, that have problems with farming plat? Usually the new pleayers, with low gear / experience and need for advice.

In this state, every ayatan sculpture I found was used to get endo to max my mods. (with the bug of the month at the moment, you even  can't find any amber stars to fill them ...)

As for rivens: If you found that one that's worth a few thousands plat, congrats!  But in terms of farming with a calculatable outcome, it doesn's count for me. Most of the rivens I got were for crap weapons -> no worth -> endo. The only useful I got was a Jat Kusar riven. The whole high price riven thing is a click bait and scam.

I have nothing against selling ayatan or rivens, but ist just a RNG side effect with high income. It does't help the players wiht need of plat farming advice.

Its not only low rank players who need advice. Some medium (10-16) rank players also have problems with farming platinum. Some people play the game without worrying about having the most valuable resource in the game but after a certain MR you will need plat. I was just trying to give tips to people who dont know any those methods. 

As a starting player it will seem only theoretically possible to farm any meaningful plat.

You still may not have:

Infinite* endo

Infinite* relics

Infinite* credits

Infinite* reputation

Infinite* resources

Access to some locations that can net you good plat (Arbis, Eidolon, AW, Litches...etc.)

High trade limit

Worst of all, you will probably need most of the items you can sell.

Therefore, all these methods might seem less than ideal.

A bunch of easy ways (obviously almost everything requires RNG), which are part of a player's normal progression rather early:

Do POE bounties - a maxed hunter mod goes for 15-20 and its on your way for POE progression.  

ISO vaults - most of the items are still rather new and in demand, a damaged weapon part as of now is about 70p 

Sell EVERY non duplicate item from relics, if they're cheap, close to baro trash is also usually bought for 1-2p

If you are farming Protea, every part of the weapons is tradeable for 10-20p

Corrupted mods are easy to access as well, their price varies, some are worthless, some are for over 50p

Apart from focus farming corrupted mods, the other methods are something you can do inbetween your usual "new player" activities and not divert you into farming plat at the expence of simply playing your game.

Infinite* - Don't play dumb, you know what I mean.

As a "starting player" primes is the easiest way for sure, relics are super easy and quick to get everywhere, Lith fissures are all on early planets, you can make some plat to buy you slots and potatos day 2 - as soon as you reach MR2 to unlock trading. If you sell cheap you can instantly unload all the prime junk to buyers (better sell in bulk cause new players only have few trades per day). Even at the lowest rate of silver part for 2p you can make ~1p per minute if you rush captures/exterminates.

3 hours ago, Monolake said:

As a "starting player" primes is the easiest way for sure, relics are super easy and quick to get everywhere, Lith fissures are all on early planets, you can make some plat to buy you slots and potatos day 2 - as soon as you reach MR2 to unlock trading. If you sell cheap you can instantly unload all the prime junk to buyers (better sell in bulk cause new players only have few trades per day). Even at the lowest rate of silver part for 2p you can make ~1p per minute if you rush captures/exterminates.

And if you throw in a bit of a pitty comment during the trade sometimes you get unloaded on.    Saying something like "thanks for the trade, trying to scrape some plat together for slots" might get you loaded up by a vet on a few thing (especially key mods).   Heck a MR5 said nice fashion (my fashion is terrible) and I sent him some weapon slots.   

hace 9 horas, snekity dijo:

Its not only low rank players who need advice. Some medium (10-16) rank players also have problems with farming platinum. Some people play the game without worrying about having the most valuable resource in the game but after a certain MR you will need plat. I was just trying to give tips to people who dont know any those methods. 

Yeah, but i think he means more on the unexperienced players, because even if they are MR 16 they might not know what stats are better for a certain weapons so they don't know how to price rivens. My main source of income was rivens because you can get them freely and if it is for a popular weapon you can get a decent amount of plat.

Archived