Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MR 30 test

RX0UnicornGM

so I have tried the practice MR 30 test but no matter what build of weapon or frame or anything I try fails and does not work I am now really upset because I worked so hard to get to this point and spent money multiple times to support the game and to see it worked on but now I am regretting it because this test is I feel forcing me to use meta and I hate that because that's not letting players play how they want it's making everyone sheep following the meta because there is no comparison to anything else all the meta weapons and frames I don't use meta builds with because I don't like meta I am really upset and I do hope you look at this because I, unfortunately, will not be returning unless this is rectified or changed because I do not like how I'm being forced to play meta when I don't want to and I fell like it's impossible for someone like me who has no real skill at games I play for fun not to be a meta sheep. I am sorry if I come across as rude or mean but I am seriously upset because again I have spent a good $4,000+ to support the game but I feel like it's been wasted because I have no skill and am unable to progress more sorry but I must take a step back from warframe until I feel I am able to do this without needing to be a try hard meta sheep spending my life in this and nothing else.

The mr 30 is ment to be difficult, you keep mentioning meta which tells DE nothing. There are frames and weapons that are optimal for this test, if you dont want to use them that your own handycap, at this point of progression DE expects you to know and be skillful to pass it.

What sort of changes are you wanting? You want DE dumb it down just for you?

The biggest challenge in that test is the parkour as in certain parts you need a perfect double jump.

1) get some commas 

2) "meta" this and "meta" that, but how bad could it be to take a proper combination of tools (one that you would like out of thousands possible ones) just to properly deal with this exact situation? this is the very essence of warframe - coming up with TOOLS to deal with EXACT situations. if you're gonna quit the game because you failed this one task - i dont even know what to say. saw people complete the test with like half of the available warframe roster.

13 hours ago, Emperor_of_Destruction said:

so I have tried the practice MR 30 test but no matter what build of weapon or frame or anything I try fails and does not work I am now really upset because I worked so hard to get to this point and spent money multiple times to support the game and to see it worked on but now I am regretting it because this test is I feel forcing me to use meta and I hate that because that's not letting players play how they want it's making everyone sheep following the meta because there is no comparison to anything else all the meta weapons and frames I don't use meta builds with because I don't like meta I am really upset and I do hope you look at this because I, unfortunately, will not be returning unless this is rectified or changed because I do not like how I'm being forced to play meta when I don't want to and I fell like it's impossible for someone like me who has no real skill at games I play for fun not to be a meta sheep. I am sorry if I come across as rude or mean but I am seriously upset because again I have spent a good $4,000+ to support the game but I feel like it's been wasted because I have no skill and am unable to progress more sorry but I must take a step back from warframe until I feel I am able to do this without needing to be a try hard meta sheep spending my life in this and nothing else.

I'm also in the same boat, must of practiced this like 75 times and still fail with every frame I use. I just don't know how to do this. Its quite frustrating.

17 hours ago, (PSN)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

The mr 30 is ment to be difficult, you keep mentioning meta which tells DE nothing. There are frames and weapons that are optimal for this test, if you dont want to use them that your own handycap, at this point of progression DE expects you to know and be skillful to pass it.

What sort of changes are you wanting? You want DE dumb it down just for you?

The biggest challenge in that test is the parkour as in certain parts you need a perfect double jump.

saying I'm handycapping myself is a pretty pathetic thing to say a game is meant for fun and not shove things in your face I tried wukong prime I tried mesa excal I tried every frame every weapon I possibly could with the steel path and 4 hour mot viable builds and nothing worked you idiot I don't like to be forced to play a specific way that just makes me hate the game and never want to play it again tried a good 100 times at practicing it and there is no way for someone who plays casually and who plays for fun to do this I want to be able to play my way not the way you say that's what sheep do and I am no sheep I have my own play style and if a game basically locks me out of that and forces me to play the unfun/cancer way then that's poor game design it is meant to be completeable by everyone and by a variety of gameplay styles and thus far the game has been great for that this 1 test is impossible if you want to show me your buillds of frames and weapons you used to do it then go ahead but I bet it's what everyone else uses which I don't enjoy

19 hours ago, Xaero said:

Try this.

tried excal umbra and baruuk with his augment that makes his 4 do the damage the enemies are weak to and nothing idk or really care about top tier builds or god builds or rivens or anything I have a few rivens but not many only for weapons I like and I enjoy using

2 hours ago, Emperor_of_Destruction said:

tried excal umbra and baruuk with his augment that makes his 4 do the damage the enemies are weak to and nothing idk or really care about top tier builds or god builds or rivens or anything I have a few rivens but not many only for weapons I like and I enjoy using

If you watched the video, you could see no abilities were used in the process. So it doesn't matter which frame you use. Instead of trying to rely on Excal's ultimate (which honestly sucks compared to regular melee), try Skiajati or Nikana Prime. The build for it is at the end of the video. No rivens were used, mods are pretty easy to get (if you don't have primed mods, you can replace them with regular versions). What's important though is to upgrade a single Naramon focus node - Power Spike, which will allow you to keep your combo counter from complete draining.

Il y a 3 heures, Emperor_of_Destruction a dit :

tried wukong and mesa and neither of them worked my mesa keeps loosing lockon to the enemies and stops firing when I use her 4 idk why but I do so

What was the problem with Wukong?

I wouldn't consider it my main, but I took him because I was confident he would do damage while staying alive.

Spawn the clone with the Nukor and go melee on them.

Use Cloud Walker if you're not confident in Void Dashing to the life support.

Use Defy if you need to tank a bit in later stage.

And as Xaero mentioned, you may need Naramon school to keep your combo, but I don't think this is necessary as the number of enemy spawn would be enough if you use Drifting Contact.

6 hours ago, Emperor_of_Destruction said:

tried wukong and mesa and neither of them worked my mesa keeps loosing lockon to the enemies and stops firing when I use her 4 idk why but I do so

There arbitration drones when the targets appear, so peacemaker loses lockon to enemies attached to them. For me a range Octavia took care of mobs while I stayed invisible and took down the drones and target with guns. The time consuming part was the perfect parkour needed for the towers.

6 hours ago, Emperor_of_Destruction said:

kill the arbitration shield drone https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Arbitration_Shield_Drone

it makes enemies immune to damage & abilities.

easiest way to take these buggers out is a arca plasmor or catchmoon it got a huge projectile

ArbiterDrone.png

also kill ancient healers cause enemies effect by its aura get 90% Damage reduction & status immunity

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Ancient_Healer

HealerAncientDE.png

13 hours ago, (PSN)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

There arbitration drones when the targets appear

This is why I used Titania for my MR 30 test to succeed: her Lanterns.

Lantern converts the victim into an ally, which does three things in particular:

• Arbitration Drones cannot extend their auras to them due to the Lanterned victim being hostile to them. That means the Lantern cannot be nullified by the Drone.
  • Groups up enemies while stopping enemy aggro.
  • "Steals" enemy auras such as Ancient Healers or Toxic Ancients to benefit me instead of the enemies.

By grouping them up, I can either use my Quellor's Alt-Fire or even the Sepulcrum to deal with the grouped up enemies as an alternative to Razorwing. To take out the Arbitration Drones, I can simply use my weapons or my Operator while my Titania stays in Razorwing.

As @Xaero demonstrated, you don't need to use someone like Mesa or something "meta" to finish the test. You need to think carefully about where you are and what enemies are you fighting since you're fighting almost everyone. But to go out of the meta to finish the test honestly makes the accomplishment more gratifying.

On 2021-01-01 at 10:58 PM, Emperor_of_Destruction said:

It took me 2 weeks of practicing to finally pass the test and for me it was NOT Easy but do feel it was appropriate for the most part.  Its not necessary to prove ones worthiness in Warframe by having random holes to a bottomless abyss.  I used a High range Saryn with an Ignis Wraith and just Spam the S%#T out of Her 1 and 4 and Spray away the enemies, everything dies eventually leaving you with a decent amount of air in the process.  What REALLY helped me was popping out a Warframe Specter and having it be the bullet sponge for you in addition to killing things for you! Win/Win!!  I used a Hildryn with the Kuva Bramma to make it go BOOM!  Not sure why you are upset at having to use the META if it accomplishes the goal for you.  Just because YOU don't want to use the META doesn't mean the test should be changed so that you can pass easily with the Warframe of your choice.  I completely understand your frustration with the MR30 test as it is very challenging but not impossible but that might mean switching up YOUR typical Warframe you like to use, with one better suited to complete the test.  Most people are here to help so maybe listen to what they are offering instead of dismissing it as "META"!  Personally I can't stand using Mesa or Saryn but, if it does the job, then I'll be a Meta Boy! If this old queen can pass it, you can too! Don't give up!

There's one thing I don't understand.

Am 3.1.2021 um 04:05 schrieb Emperor_of_Destruction:

again tried a good 100 times at practicing it and there is no way for someone who plays casually and who plays for fun to do this

Normally I play only at the weekends for a total of 8 hours (friday& Saturday night). So I think can count myself to be a casual player. But how is someone able to play this game casually and maximize everthing in less than three years? Did I played the game to casually, or is the Op just not a casual?

Btw. being a casual player doesn't mean that someone is weak. Is just means that someone plays rarer.

On 2021-01-03 at 4:41 PM, Xaero said:

If you watched the video, you could see no abilities were used in the process. So it doesn't matter which frame you use. Instead of trying to rely on Excal's ultimate (which honestly sucks compared to regular melee), try Skiajati or Nikana Prime. The build for it is at the end of the video. No rivens were used, mods are pretty easy to get (if you don't have primed mods, you can replace them with regular versions). What's important though is to upgrade a single Naramon focus node - Power Spike, which will allow you to keep your combo counter from complete draining.

I don't have Naramon I only have Zenurik and Unari

On 2021-01-03 at 9:05 PM, fo3nixz said:

kill the arbitration shield drone https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Arbitration_Shield_Drone

it makes enemies immune to damage & abilities.

easiest way to take these buggers out is a arca plasmor or catchmoon it got a huge projectile

ArbiterDrone.png

also kill ancient healers cause enemies effect by its aura get 90% Damage reduction & status immunity

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Ancient_Healer

HealerAncientDE.png

I don't have either the catchamoon never interested me and since DE nerfed it because it was basically the only kitgun people used because it was meta I never liked it and arca plasmor just stopped being good to me so I sold it

3 hours ago, Emperor_of_Destruction said:

I don't have Naramon I only have Zenurik and Unari

You can get at least a couple levels of Naramon's Power Spike in just a single day. Get a lens, equip it on Ivara or a melee weapon and do some stealth exterminates at Saturn - Telesto with it.

Alternatively, equip your warframe with Melee Guidance aura, those 6 additional seconds should be enough for the test, considering enemy density.

@DE I beg you either make it so the enemies can't one shot you with full shields in the MR 30 test and make it actually fair for all types of players because before I stop playing this game I tried Mesa prime and could not stay alive I get 1 shot every second and when you die the oxygen keeps running out when you fall oxygen does not stop the enemies drop o2 way to little so I can never make up time if I make a mistake it's unbearably stupid and for your average non meta follower like me it's impossible and that's not the kind of game I play that's why I stopped playing cod because it's just meta users being A******s or pricks I appreciate all the help from the community but I've tried all the suggestions and none of it works no matter what I do what frame I use what build I have weapons and builds nothing works so I quit reluctantly and I will not be coming back unless these things get changed and I'm just going to mention shield gatting does not work at all I tried it and didn't do S#&$ I still got insta killed with full shields and health so good joke.

59 minutes ago, Emperor_of_Destruction said:

@DE I beg you either make it so the enemies can't one shot you with full shields in the MR 30 test and make it actually fair for all types of players because before I stop playing this game I tried Mesa prime and could not stay alive I get 1 shot every second and when you die the oxygen keeps running out when you fall oxygen does not stop the enemies drop o2 way to little so I can never make up time if I make a mistake it's unbearably stupid and for your average non meta follower like me it's impossible and that's not the kind of game I play that's why I stopped playing cod because it's just meta users being A******s or pricks I appreciate all the help from the community but I've tried all the suggestions and none of it works no matter what I do what frame I use what build I have weapons and builds nothing works so I quit reluctantly and I will not be coming back unless these things get changed and I'm just going to mention shield gatting does not work at all I tried it and didn't do S#&$ I still got insta killed with full shields and health so good joke.

Not to discount  your frustration in any way as this is a difficult test, but before DE should redo the test based on your results, wouldn't it be prudent to maybe try a different Warframe to accomplish your goal? If you have read anything in this thread then you should have realized that Mesa is NOT required to pass the test.  I used Saryn and it took me 2 weeks of testing different weapons and developing a strategy to optimize my game-play to eventually pass the test.  Most of the players here have given useful advice on various Warframes and weapons that worked for them so before you order DE to change the source code of the game to accommodate your needs, maybe implement some of the advice given first!  There is an old saying that "practice makes perfect" that I believe is applicable in this instance.  Don't give up!

7 hours ago, (XBOX)sinamanthediva said:

Not to discount  your frustration in any way as this is a difficult test, but before DE should redo the test based on your results, wouldn't it be prudent to maybe try a different Warframe to accomplish your goal? If you have read anything in this thread then you should have realized that Mesa is NOT required to pass the test.  I used Saryn and it took me 2 weeks of testing different weapons and developing a strategy to optimize my game-play to eventually pass the test.  Most of the players here have given useful advice on various Warframes and weapons that worked for them so before you order DE to change the source code of the game to accommodate your needs, maybe implement some of the advice given first!  There is an old saying that "practice makes perfect" that I believe is applicable in this instance.  Don't give up!

I tried Mesa Saryn wukong excal hildryn ember a lot of the frames that should be able to do it but the only frame I can even get close to beating it is Saryn but I never have enough Oxygen to do it the enemies drop it so rarely and a good number of times when I've tried to double jump and bullet jump it has not let me and I have simply fallen and lost valuable time to the point where it's like 10% oxygen and I can't get enough to keep going so I just quit the mission it's damn near impossible if you make even 1 mistake and again double and bullet jumps not working is not good so I can't even begin to look at enjoying it until things like that are changed and fixed

also I have already tried all the suggestions and the best combo I have and has got me to the last round or at least the 4th round is saryn prime ignis wraith and nikana prime but even that isn't enough because as I said the oxygen is way to unforgiving make a mistake and you are done for and again shield gating is meant to be a big thing but it is a joke I tried doing this with a build based on shield gating but I as saryn still get insta killed by the grineer commander bosses and it's seriously making me regret playing it which makes me really sad because I have spent so much time and effort in the game and helping new players grinding for mechs and a lot of other stuff and now it's just bringing my mood down and just a heads up I am a type 1 diabetic who suffers from mood swings because thats a symptom and I also suffer from depression anxiety and panic attacks also I have a life and it is now taking priority over gaming so I don't have much time to spend playing warframe as of right now (not asking for sympathy btw about the depression and all just thought I would mention it so you know why I am quitting until this is looked at because most of the players that are MR 30 they use the meta builds like hunter munitions, multishot or builds like that so it's kinda stupid for people to say that (a lot of people) "Oh you don't need meta to do this" (me) *cough cough* "you use meta you idiot I don't play meta because it's boring and no fun as well as it removes the actual challenge from the game"

The final Mastery Rank test is not supposed to be easy. MR 30 needs to be earned, and while you may find suggestions from other players helpful, ultimately you will need to rely on your own ability to surpass the challenge. You may need to challenge it many times, or you may get lucky and only need to challenge it once more; in either case you will need to figure out what setups and combinations work best for you. Make use of the Mastery Rank Practice test to develop a loadout that works for you and practice until you can reliably clear the test. While you cannot buy skill,  you can certainly develop it.

Lastly, just because Mastery Rank 30 is within reach doesn't necessarily mean you are ready to obtain it. You may need to work on upgrading your mods, forma-ing your gear until you are capable of dealing the amounts of damage you need to in order to clear the enemy and boss waves quick enough.

Archived