Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It just hit me... (About the Ui)

JackHargreav

De could have easily put a little timer icon right under crosshair.

And with that we wouldn't have to look back at the little numbers in the corner. 

I had this idea mainly because whenever I play a warframe that has a bunch of duration based abilities I get a headache from constantly having to look back and forth between the action and the timers.

Am I alone with this?

Just now, Ailia_Grimm said:

So you want buffs to be under the crosshair, you mean all of theses?:

b0h962mj0c301.png

No not all of them just the timers that display the duration of the abilities.

Like Loki's invisibility would have a little icon that shows how much duration is left. Not with a number but with a little clock icon for example.

1 minute ago, JackHargreav said:

No not all of them just the timers that display the duration of the abilities.

Like Loki's invisibility would have a little icon that shows how much duration is left. Not with a number but with a little clock icon for example.

I find this pretty interesting, I'm just worried about what would happen if your teammates had a bunch of duration buffs too, wouldn't it be too overcrowded?

1 minute ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

I find this pretty interesting, I'm just worried about what would happen if your teammates had a bunch of duration buffs too, wouldn't it be too overcrowded?

Well I thought about this idea as something that only displays your abilities but not buffs and such.

Tho I had an other idea before this the numbers could be relocated next to frames body. Like right next to the frame opposite to the side you're aiming on.

I might have to Photoshop that later. But imagine it a bit DeadSpace style except with little hologram icons.

If you are getting headaches from eye strain and repeated muscle movements, I do not suggest doing something to make it easier for you. I suggest you make your eyes healthier.

I used a program called EyeQ. It is advertised as a "speed reading" training course, but that is the same thing as saying "jet planes are only used to burn fuel quickly". What does it accomplish?

• Increased field of vision and peripheral vision
  • Strengthens eye muscles
  • Slows macular degeneration (AMD)

9 hours ago, Tsoe said:

allways wanted something like for vew armor

or a visual effect that flash before the end of a timed skill

For years ive seen many users requesting option for hp armor and/or shields to be displayed in form of a bar or some gauge close to crosshair like in many other games
Even so looks like good idea since it would allow us to die less nothing was made towards that so lets just hope
But on other hand for many years ppl requested reducing form crafting time and eventually it was changed after many years of constant request
So there is a hope

11 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

De could have easily put a little timer icon right under crosshair.

And with that we wouldn't have to look back at the little numbers in the corner. 

I had this idea mainly because whenever I play a warframe that has a bunch of duration based abilities I get a headache from constantly having to look back and forth between the action and the timers.

Am I alone with this?

You are going to have a really bad time driving a car then, because it's literally the same eye movement to check all the mirrors and what's in front (and on the sides) of your vehicle.

It's not a bad idea, but it's not that's simple, and is why there's an entire study in UI/UX design.

When you start adding these icons to your reticle, you very quickly increase the clutter and decrease the readability of that area.  Which, given that you're supposed to be aiming with it, presents a big problem.

2 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

I don't know about you, but even after 4+ years I still can't tell what these symbols mean.

Like, do I have a crit buff? Health drain? Some other debuff? Can't tell, all looks the same to me.

I posted a topic years ago to fix this problem with colored icons, barely anyone responded to my topic XD

My thought was, damage buffs are in red, health/shield boosts are in another color, speed & invisibility are in yet another color

56 minutes ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

I posted a topic years ago to fix this problem with colored icons, barely anyone responded to my topic XD

My thought was, damage buffs are in red, health/shield boosts are in another color, speed & invisibility are in yet another color

That sounds like a good idea. At the very least it helps you keep track certain buffs you actually care for.

4 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

if looking in the corner of your screen is a problem, I think you may have a real problem with your eyes. wouldn't hurt to get an eye test probably.

the UI could be better in places, but I for one have never had this specific problem.

It's not that looking down there is a problem.

Because with Lavos it's usually a case of look down. I see some numbers thus I know the ability is not ready.

But with Octavia I have to read the numbers to see when I should recast. And so I go through those small numbers while I also keep tracking my health and everything else in the game. The two latter ones are not a problem because they are very visible and I don't really have to concentrate on them.

But with tiny numbers I specifically have to read everything while all of those others things are going on. And so I'm going back and forth between these just gives me a headache usually.

Tho granted I have certain medical issues probably. Thanks to the virus and the crappy health care system I never was able to check these out in a hospital. So there's something about that maybe.

33 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

That sounds like a good idea. At the very least it helps you keep track certain buffs you actually care for.

Exactly, it's not the best option, but at least you know what color to look for if you want to quickly glance at your buffs' durations

Archived